Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Memories of Murder (Blu-ray)
$29.49
9 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

From the Earth to the Moon (Blu-ray)
$14.96
7 hrs ago
The Furies (Blu-ray)
$29.49
7 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$157.50

History Is Made at Night (Blu-ray)
$29.49
6 hrs ago
Best of 90s: 10-Film Collection, Vol. 1 (Blu-ray)
$31.04
1 day ago
Irma Vep (Blu-ray)
$29.49
9 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$81.99

True Detective: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$12.96
1 day ago
World of Wong Kar Wai (Blu-ray)
$159.99

Tenet (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old Today, 10:22 AM   #9521

Feb 2017
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryMaFNGuire View Post
Awesome job Hamilton Books! I ordered 23 titles, including multiple multi-disc sets - everything came in perfect condition. The box was a great fit and was well packed.

I’m on the West Coast and ordered on January 13th. I received my package today. Really great shipping time considering the USPS delays, the shipping service used, and the MLK holiday.

If this kind of service and packaging keeps up, I will order again and again.

More than happy!
Meanwhile on the east coast.... I placed 2 orders to be delivered to DC, probably 300 miles away, on the 11th and 12th. Status still showing pre-shipment for both, as is the custom the last few months. Hoping it's a *little* better than the 30 days it took last time. Come on USPS!
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #9522

Sep 2007

Tracking for my multiple orders updated overnight. They went from "Pre-shipment" on January 14 to "Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility, SAINT LOUIS MO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER" on January 21.

So as I previously surmised, the parcels were never scanned in at the receiving PO branch or at any step until this regional hub. I'm not sure where Hamilton Book ships from; the address listed on the website is in Connecticut. If that is where they ship from, then the parcels went through numerous additional hops to get to St. Louis, also not scanned en route.
Old Today, 12:58 PM   #9523
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyharmonies View Post
Tracking for my multiple orders updated overnight. They went from "Pre-shipment" on January 14 to "Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility, SAINT LOUIS MO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER" on January 21.

So as I previously surmised, the parcels were never scanned in at the receiving PO branch or at any step until this regional hub. I'm not sure where Hamilton Book ships from; the address listed on the website is in Connecticut. If that is where they ship from, then the parcels went through numerous additional hops to get to St. Louis, also not scanned en route.
This is true, nothing new.
From the OP "All orders are shipped via the United States Postal Service. We offer order tracking via the USPS Electronic Verification Service (EVS) but the way orders are tracked comes with a major caveat for anyone used to location by location tracking. EVS offers far less scan points, and as such packages often will have only two to three tracking updates. Once when a label is generated, and after that the next update is often when it hits the Network Distribution Center in your state. By that point, the item is often only a day or two from delivery….but has crossed the country with NO updates. So if you are used to tracking your order point to point as it travels the country, please be aware you will be working with far less data than normal."
Thanks given by:
jkoffman (Today), rickmiddlebrooks (Today)
Old Today, 01:20 PM   #9524

Sep 2007

I see that in the OP now; I apparently missed that before, or it was recently added. Based on recent responses in this thread, it appears more than a few people aren't aware that Hamilton Book uses a USPS service that doesn't provide typical tracking.

(Not a criticism, just an observation).

Given the state of the USPS at the moment, perhaps that paragraph should be flagged in bold red or something to make it stand out. I don't know how closely people are going to read a 3-year-old post...
Thanks given by:
jkoffman (Today)
Old Today, 01:32 PM   #9525
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010
Northwest, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
Mine was in pre-shipment since I got the shipping notice on 1/12, until this morning when it changed to "Out For Delivery". Got it just now.
Mine has been stuck on pre-shipment since 1-12 and still nothing since. But in the meantime my wife had ordered a few things from somewhere else after I placed mine and got hers already. She placed a order from Amazon last week that had a delivery date of February 3-8 and still got it 2 days ago. So there’s no reason for no updates or taking this long to ship out.
Old Today, 01:54 PM   #9526

Oct 2015
U.S.

Jebus friggin cripes. Every page of this thread is now just the same questions, same complaints, and same comments about every step of their order's shipping movements. People, you can read before commenting. Maybe HB should create a separate Customer Service thread, except the same people probably wouldn't pay attention to it anyway. Sigh.

Another thought, HB could include this verbiage in their confirmation email:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
SHIPPING/TRACKING
All orders are shipped via the United States Postal Service. We offer order tracking via the USPS Electronic Verification Service (EVS) but the way orders are tracked comes with a major caveat for anyone used to location by location tracking. EVS offers far less scan points, and as such packages often will have only two to three tracking updates. Once when a label is generated, and after that the next update is often when it hits the Network Distribution Center in your state. By that point, the item is often only a day or two from delivery….but has crossed the country with NO updates. So if you are used to tracking your order point to point as it travels the country, please be aware you will be working with far less data than normal.
Thanks given by:
Old Today, 01:55 PM   #9527

Oct 2015
U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1 View Post
Mine has been stuck on pre-shipment since 1-12 and still nothing since. But in the meantime my wife had ordered a few things from somewhere else after I placed mine and got hers already. She placed a order from Amazon last week that had a delivery date of February 3-8 and still got it 2 days ago. So there’s no reason for no updates or taking this long to ship out.
Actually, there is a reason, so you're totally wrong.
Thanks given by:
Old Today, 02:02 PM   #9528
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyharmonies View Post
I see that in the OP now; I apparently missed that before, or it was recently added. Based on recent responses in this thread, it appears more than a few people aren't aware that Hamilton Book uses a USPS service that doesn't provide typical tracking.

(Not a criticism, just an observation).

Given the state of the USPS at the moment, perhaps that paragraph should be flagged in bold red or something to make it stand out. I don't know how closely people are going to read a 3-year-old post...
The OP is updated more often. Last time was 1-17-2021, or only 5 days ago, to put 2021 dates in that many would did not trust until they were posted there. It all works out, NP.
Thanks given by:
Old Today, 02:05 PM   #9529
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoffman View Post
Jebus friggin cripes. Every page of this thread is now just the same questions, same complaints, and same comments about every step of their order's shipping movements. People, you can read before commenting. Maybe HB should create a separate Customer Service thread, except the same people probably wouldn't pay attention to it anyway. Sigh.

Another thought, HB could include this verbiage in their confirmation email:
Doubt that it would help. This line is in their shipping email:

"Your package will be picked up by the USPS this evening but the first USPS scan will not happen until your package reaches your local USPS National Distribution Center."
Thanks given by:
jkoffman (Today), rickmiddlebrooks (Today)
Old Today, 02:06 PM   #9530

Oct 2015
U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiYahooeys View Post
Doubt that it would help. This line is in their shipping email:

"Your package will be picked up by the USPS this evening but the first USPS scan will not happen until your package reaches your local USPS National Distribution Center."
Whatever it takes to stop this madness.
Old Today, 02:30 PM   #9531

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoffman View Post
Whatever it takes to stop this madness.
Dude, take a valium or something. You're far too worked up about people posting about their shipments. These sorts of postings are an Interwebz tradition older than time. If it is something that is shipped, there will inevitably be posts by people wondering where it is, where it was, where it will be, and why isn't it where it should have been.

It's not just this thread. It's not just this message board.

If it annoys you, there's this ancient mechanism included in every web browser called a BACK BUTTON.

Thanks given by:
jkoffman (Today), ltb2.0 (Today)
Old Today, 03:13 PM   #9532

Feb 2017
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1 View Post
Found your package

Thanks given by:
bhorrorfan (Today), diverdave (Today), erlinmeyer (Today), HazelEyes (Today), heavyharmonies (Today), jkoffman (Today), MifuneFan (Today), WillieMLF (Today)
Old Today, 04:48 PM   #9533
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2014

I've noticed that the arks do gradually get bigger, as it's not one size fits all. I got my stuff yesterday. Seems I've graduated to a box, but this hasn't been my biggest order. Strange.
Old Today, 06:06 PM   #9534
Power Member

Oct 2017
Vacationland
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieMLF View Post
I've noticed that the arks do gradually get bigger, as it's not one size fits all. I got my stuff yesterday. Seems I've graduated to a box, but this hasn't been my biggest order. Strange.
Isn't it just one piece of cardboard folded differently depending on the contents?
Old Today, 06:39 PM   #9535
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar Colonel View Post
Isn't it just one piece of cardboard folded differently depending on the contents?
Yes, I always figured it was proportionally more cardboard based on how many titles were in it, but this time I got a box.
Old Today, 07:03 PM   #9536

Nov 2009

My first, of three orders arrived yesterday. Sadly, Mad Max Trilogy, Metal Tin, did not arrive without getting crushed. Emailed customer service, got fast reply, getting replaced, thank you Hamilton Book!

Tracking shows the other two arrived today. Day can't get other fast enough.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals