Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Jaws: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Monster Hunt (Blu-ray)
$15.49

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

The Secret Life of Pets 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.72

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Old 03-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #21
Power Member

Jan 2009
Portland, OR
Send a message via AIM to fiveseven4combat

Ugh.... I am so sick of the 3D craze. If they do come out with 3D it'll make LCD and Blu Ray cheaper, that'll be it's ONLY positive.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #22
Power Member

Mar 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by june10mckay View Post
Ugh.... I am so sick of the 3D craze. If they do come out with 3D it'll make LCD and Blu Ray cheaper, that'll be it's ONLY positive.
you poor kid
Old 03-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #23

May 2008

Quote:
What do you mean "if", it is already here. I have already seen advertisements for 3D tvs.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #24
Special Member

Sep 2007
Grants Pass, OR

Quote:
It is already here and sadly you are wrong about the price. All new blu-ray players and TV's after this year will probably be 3D. So we all get to pay the 3D premium is what I am afraid. I also suspect all movies that are going to be avail in 3D will only do a version that has the 3D there making us pay for the discs even if we donot have a 3D setup.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:13 AM   #25

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl View Post
It is already here and sadly you are wrong about the price. All new blu-ray players and TV's after this year will probably be 3D. So we all get to pay the 3D premium is what I am afraid. I also suspect all movies that are going to be avail in 3D will only do a version that has the 3D there making us pay for the discs even if we donot have a 3D setup.
This sounds like it is all speculation on your part.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:28 AM   #26
Special Member

Sep 2007
Grants Pass, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsbill123 View Post
This sounds like it is all speculation on your part.
Considering the fact that Disney started by releasing all blus with the dvd and dig copy for the same price and have not striped it down to have a single disc or the 3 disc and are charging what they charged for the 3 disc at the 1 disc price. And making coupons on week one only good on the 3 disc sets. I would say speculation that has a precedent. And they might just make a standard version and a 3D version but I also suspect that the 3D version will get the extras. Therefore doing the samething to any that are interested in the extras.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #27
Power Member

Mar 2005

well 2d hd is so last century

whatever happened to hdi3d tvs? http://www.hdi3d.com/

Last edited by john_1958; 03-14-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Lancaster, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_1958 View Post
well 2d hd is so last century

whatever happened to hdi3d tvs? http://www.hdi3d.com/
They're starting with 100" screens, $10,000 wholesale, $15,000 retail. Twice the resolution of the current crop of 3-D HDTV's being released, and they use polarized, not shuttered, glasses.

According to Johannsen, they could downsize the screens easily, but they're not in a position to do mass marketing against the big boys, so why bother.

They also have a projector in the works for home theater and large venues.

Most interesting, they're rolling this out in the July-August time frame. They've already demonstrated prototypes, and it blows people away.

People should wait for at least a year for this to shake out. The "can't wait" early adopters may regret moving too soon. With a 100" to 150" screen available in perhaps two years, at probably half the initial price of the introductory screens coming out this year, these prices and technology will look positively antiquated.

Since the big boys didn't patent this new laser-based technology, it's possible they're trying to move quickly to head it off. But the truth is, truly well-heeled buyers will be going for it, not a 46" screen.

It ain't over yet...in fact, it hasn't even started, and won't for many months.

(note: watch for Vizio. Just watch. 72", $3,500, just watch for Vizio...)
Old 03-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #29

Feb 2010

Let's not forget that you will have to have a 3d capable receiver also. Which adds to the cost of upgrading.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:29 AM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Lancaster, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryker View Post
Let's not forget that you will have to have a 3d capable receiver also. Which adds to the cost of upgrading.
You will if the receiver is the only method of switching. An HDMI 1.2 or 1.3 capable receiver is just fine - in fact, there shouldn't be any reason an HDMI 1.3 capable receiver should have any problems.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:38 AM   #31
Special Member

Sep 2007
Grants Pass, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Dog View Post
You will if the receiver is the only method of switching. An HDMI 1.2 or 1.3 capable receiver is just fine - in fact, there shouldn't be any reason an HDMI 1.3 capable receiver should have any problems.
Where the cables might be able to handle the bandwidth if they are current cat 2 certified. From what I have read if you have a non 3D device connected in the chain it will downgrade the signal to 2d. They have not made things perfectly clear and until we see people doing it we donot know for sure. But I would plan on having to upgrade the receiver as part of the cost of 3D. If you donot then you can buy some glasses for people to use. So the options are running a cable to the tv and another to the receiver. Which can lead to problems.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #32
Power Member

Mar 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Dog View Post
thats why the new panasonic has 2 hdmi output one for 1.3 recievers and the other for the 3d sets
Old 03-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #33

May 2009
Happy Valley, Utah

I purchased my hi-def TV when my old CRT finally died. I'll probably get a 3D TV when my current TV goes out in 3-5+ years. I'm a technophile, but I can't afford to upgrade my equipment every time some new technology is available. Let someone else pay the early adopter tax.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #34

Jan 2009
Austin, Texas

So are you guys saying the PS3 can get an up-dated firmware to do 3D?

Are you guys talking about the PS3 all together, or just the PS3 slim?

Cause I have the PS3 60gig.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #35

Sep 2009
Middle of Nowhere, NE

I was in Best Buy the other day and they had a 55 inch 3-D TV set up with the 3-D blu-ray player and it was showing clips of "Monsters vs Aliens".

I admit, I thought it would look really bad like the cheesy 3D I'm used too. It's not. I looks great except that some of the colors didn't mix correctly leaving things a little out of place/blurry and when a scene moved really fast, I felt sick. Having the "latest and greatest toy" lust set in but I'm not about to double dip on a player and TV when I just bought my first HD TV and player not too long ago.

The huge price tag quickly put me back to reality. The TV was about 3000 dollars. The player was about 400. The glasses are NOT included with the player and run 200 dollars a pair. There are 5 people at my house. Someone with small children isn't about to invest that kind of money just to watch "Monsters vs. Aliens". There was also a specific kind of HDMI cable needed and that ran 100 dollars.

The guy also said that ESPN was looking into this as watching a sport in 3-D would make you really feel like you were there.

The reality is that most of us can't afford this and won't be double dipping anytime soon. That doesn't stop me from wanting one though..LOL.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme02gt View Post
So are you guys saying the PS3 can get an up-dated firmware to do 3D?

Are you guys talking about the PS3 all together, or just the PS3 slim?

Cause I have the PS3 60gig.
From what I understand all PS3s will be 3d compatable at 1080p/48, making it capable of sending the information over a 1.3a hdmi cable. This doesn't mean that the receiver will be able to accept and relay that video signal however, so the audio and video will most likely have to be seperated.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:54 PM   #37
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
Above the Convenience Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
There was also a specific kind of HDMI cable needed and that ran 100 dollars.
Never get the HDMI cable in the store. All you need is a 1.4 spec cable from Monoprice or Bluejeans and that will set you back no more than $20.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #38

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortiz View Post
3-D failed before and will fail again. I don't care how much it has improved since, but I can tell you right now with this economy and people who has just been asked to upgrade to Blu-Ray in the last couple of years, 3-D will sink faster than the Titanic.....And who the hell would want to be wearing glasses at their living room all the time just to watch 3D on tv? That will grow old pretty fast....
Agree 100% Until 3-D is possible to view without wearing stupid glasses it will never become mainstream. Plus as mentioned economic factors that are - influencing the spread of even blu-ray technology. if this economy was smoking along blu ray would be the norm much faster than it currently is, probably replacing DVD in a few years, but that will not be the case in the present situation.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #39
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2007
Guam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
Agree 100% Until 3-D is possible to view without wearing stupid glasses it will never become mainstream. Plus as mentioned economic factors that are - influencing the spread of even blu-ray technology. if this economy was smoking along blu ray would be the norm much faster than it currently is, probably replacing DVD in a few years, but that will not be the case in the present situation.
Why are people so concerned about everything being mainstream? I'm sure a lot of didn't get into blu-ray because we thought it was going to be mainstream. I got into blu-ray because it made watching movies a lot more enjoyable and I'll probably do the same for 3D.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #40

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
Why are people so concerned about everything being mainstream? I'm sure a lot of didn't get into blu-ray because we thought it was going to be mainstream. I got into blu-ray because it made watching movies a lot more enjoyable and I'll probably do the same for 3D.
The reason people want the format to be mainstream is so there will be full support from the manufactures and movie production companies into the future.

If it does not become "mainstream" then there is no reason for the people who make the stuff to want to keep making it. These companies do not roll out this new dedicated technology for a small "enthusiast" market. They do it to make money and for that they need a huge base of users.

If it does not sell to the masses.....it dies.....its that simple.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players