Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
 
The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96
 
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89
 
Jaws: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50
 
Monster Hunt (Blu-ray)
$15.49
 
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99
 
House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
 
Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
The Secret Life of Pets 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.72
 
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #21
fiveseven4combat fiveseven4combat is offline
Power Member
 
fiveseven4combat's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Portland, OR
54
2862
143
3
4
49
Send a message via AIM to fiveseven4combat
Default

Ugh.... I am so sick of the 3D craze. If they do come out with 3D it'll make LCD and Blu Ray cheaper, that'll be it's ONLY positive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #22
john_1958 john_1958 is offline
Power Member
 
Mar 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by june10mckay View Post
Ugh.... I am so sick of the 3D craze. If they do come out with 3D it'll make LCD and Blu Ray cheaper, that'll be it's ONLY positive.
you poor kid
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #23
atsbill123 atsbill123 is offline
Senior Member
 
May 2008
187
1
169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by june10mckay View Post
Ugh.... I am so sick of the 3D craze. If they do come out with 3D it'll make LCD and Blu Ray cheaper, that'll be it's ONLY positive.
What do you mean "if", it is already here. I have already seen advertisements for 3D tvs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #24
quetzalcoatl quetzalcoatl is offline
Special Member
 
Sep 2007
Grants Pass, OR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by june10mckay View Post
Ugh.... I am so sick of the 3D craze. If they do come out with 3D it'll make LCD and Blu Ray cheaper, that'll be it's ONLY positive.
It is already here and sadly you are wrong about the price. All new blu-ray players and TV's after this year will probably be 3D. So we all get to pay the 3D premium is what I am afraid. I also suspect all movies that are going to be avail in 3D will only do a version that has the 3D there making us pay for the discs even if we donot have a 3D setup.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:13 AM   #25
atsbill123 atsbill123 is offline
Senior Member
 
May 2008
187
1
169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl View Post
It is already here and sadly you are wrong about the price. All new blu-ray players and TV's after this year will probably be 3D. So we all get to pay the 3D premium is what I am afraid. I also suspect all movies that are going to be avail in 3D will only do a version that has the 3D there making us pay for the discs even if we donot have a 3D setup.
This sounds like it is all speculation on your part.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:28 AM   #26
quetzalcoatl quetzalcoatl is offline
Special Member
 
Sep 2007
Grants Pass, OR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsbill123 View Post
This sounds like it is all speculation on your part.
Considering the fact that Disney started by releasing all blus with the dvd and dig copy for the same price and have not striped it down to have a single disc or the 3 disc and are charging what they charged for the 3 disc at the 1 disc price. And making coupons on week one only good on the 3 disc sets. I would say speculation that has a precedent. And they might just make a standard version and a 3D version but I also suspect that the 3D version will get the extras. Therefore doing the samething to any that are interested in the extras.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #27
john_1958 john_1958 is offline
Power Member
 
Mar 2005
Default

well 2d hd is so last century

whatever happened to hdi3d tvs? http://www.hdi3d.com/

Last edited by john_1958; 03-14-2010 at 07:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #28
Blu-Dog Blu-Dog is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Blu-Dog's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Lancaster, CA
9
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_1958 View Post
well 2d hd is so last century

whatever happened to hdi3d tvs? http://www.hdi3d.com/
They're starting with 100" screens, $10,000 wholesale, $15,000 retail. Twice the resolution of the current crop of 3-D HDTV's being released, and they use polarized, not shuttered, glasses.

According to Johannsen, they could downsize the screens easily, but they're not in a position to do mass marketing against the big boys, so why bother.

They also have a projector in the works for home theater and large venues.

Most interesting, they're rolling this out in the July-August time frame. They've already demonstrated prototypes, and it blows people away.

People should wait for at least a year for this to shake out. The "can't wait" early adopters may regret moving too soon. With a 100" to 150" screen available in perhaps two years, at probably half the initial price of the introductory screens coming out this year, these prices and technology will look positively antiquated.

Since the big boys didn't patent this new laser-based technology, it's possible they're trying to move quickly to head it off. But the truth is, truly well-heeled buyers will be going for it, not a 46" screen.

It ain't over yet...in fact, it hasn't even started, and won't for many months.

(note: watch for Vizio. Just watch. 72", $3,500, just watch for Vizio...)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #29
ryker ryker is offline
New Member
 
Feb 2010
Default

Let's not forget that you will have to have a 3d capable receiver also. Which adds to the cost of upgrading.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:29 AM   #30
Blu-Dog Blu-Dog is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Blu-Dog's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Lancaster, CA
9
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryker View Post
Let's not forget that you will have to have a 3d capable receiver also. Which adds to the cost of upgrading.
You will if the receiver is the only method of switching. An HDMI 1.2 or 1.3 capable receiver is just fine - in fact, there shouldn't be any reason an HDMI 1.3 capable receiver should have any problems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:38 AM   #31
quetzalcoatl quetzalcoatl is offline
Special Member
 
Sep 2007
Grants Pass, OR
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Dog View Post
You will if the receiver is the only method of switching. An HDMI 1.2 or 1.3 capable receiver is just fine - in fact, there shouldn't be any reason an HDMI 1.3 capable receiver should have any problems.
Where the cables might be able to handle the bandwidth if they are current cat 2 certified. From what I have read if you have a non 3D device connected in the chain it will downgrade the signal to 2d. They have not made things perfectly clear and until we see people doing it we donot know for sure. But I would plan on having to upgrade the receiver as part of the cost of 3D. If you donot then you can buy some glasses for people to use. So the options are running a cable to the tv and another to the receiver. Which can lead to problems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #32
john_1958 john_1958 is offline
Power Member
 
Mar 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Dog View Post
You will if the receiver is the only method of switching. An HDMI 1.2 or 1.3 capable receiver is just fine - in fact, there shouldn't be any reason an HDMI 1.3 capable receiver should have any problems.
thats why the new panasonic has 2 hdmi output one for 1.3 recievers and the other for the 3d sets
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #33
laie_techie laie_techie is offline
Active Member
 
laie_techie's Avatar
 
May 2009
Happy Valley, Utah
1
270
159
1
Default

I purchased my hi-def TV when my old CRT finally died. I'll probably get a 3D TV when my current TV goes out in 3-5+ years. I'm a technophile, but I can't afford to upgrade my equipment every time some new technology is available. Let someone else pay the early adopter tax.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #34
xtreme02gt xtreme02gt is offline
Active Member
 
xtreme02gt's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Austin, Texas
37
282
1
Default

So are you guys saying the PS3 can get an up-dated firmware to do 3D?

Are you guys talking about the PS3 all together, or just the PS3 slim?

Cause I have the PS3 60gig.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #35
Bethany Bethany is offline
Active Member
 
Sep 2009
Middle of Nowhere, NE
4
1730
2
Default

I was in Best Buy the other day and they had a 55 inch 3-D TV set up with the 3-D blu-ray player and it was showing clips of "Monsters vs Aliens".

I admit, I thought it would look really bad like the cheesy 3D I'm used too. It's not. I looks great except that some of the colors didn't mix correctly leaving things a little out of place/blurry and when a scene moved really fast, I felt sick. Having the "latest and greatest toy" lust set in but I'm not about to double dip on a player and TV when I just bought my first HD TV and player not too long ago.

The huge price tag quickly put me back to reality. The TV was about 3000 dollars. The player was about 400. The glasses are NOT included with the player and run 200 dollars a pair. There are 5 people at my house. Someone with small children isn't about to invest that kind of money just to watch "Monsters vs. Aliens". There was also a specific kind of HDMI cable needed and that ran 100 dollars.

The guy also said that ESPN was looking into this as watching a sport in 3-D would make you really feel like you were there.

The reality is that most of us can't afford this and won't be double dipping anytime soon. That doesn't stop me from wanting one though..LOL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #36
kpkelley kpkelley is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
kpkelley's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Framingham, MA
278
2316
113
152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme02gt View Post
So are you guys saying the PS3 can get an up-dated firmware to do 3D?

Are you guys talking about the PS3 all together, or just the PS3 slim?

Cause I have the PS3 60gig.
From what I understand all PS3s will be 3d compatable at 1080p/48, making it capable of sending the information over a 1.3a hdmi cable. This doesn't mean that the receiver will be able to accept and relay that video signal however, so the audio and video will most likely have to be seperated.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:54 PM   #37
AintNoSin AintNoSin is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
AintNoSin's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Above the Convenience Store
105
559
290
188
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
There was also a specific kind of HDMI cable needed and that ran 100 dollars.
Never get the HDMI cable in the store. All you need is a 1.4 spec cable from Monoprice or Bluejeans and that will set you back no more than $20.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #38
Henry T Henry T is offline
Senior Member
 
Henry T's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
60
202
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortiz View Post
3-D failed before and will fail again. I don't care how much it has improved since, but I can tell you right now with this economy and people who has just been asked to upgrade to Blu-Ray in the last couple of years, 3-D will sink faster than the Titanic.....And who the hell would want to be wearing glasses at their living room all the time just to watch 3D on tv? That will grow old pretty fast....
Agree 100% Until 3-D is possible to view without wearing stupid glasses it will never become mainstream. Plus as mentioned economic factors that are - influencing the spread of even blu-ray technology. if this economy was smoking along blu ray would be the norm much faster than it currently is, probably replacing DVD in a few years, but that will not be the case in the present situation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #39
Beefbowl Beefbowl is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Beefbowl's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
Guam
20
750
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry T View Post
Agree 100% Until 3-D is possible to view without wearing stupid glasses it will never become mainstream. Plus as mentioned economic factors that are - influencing the spread of even blu-ray technology. if this economy was smoking along blu ray would be the norm much faster than it currently is, probably replacing DVD in a few years, but that will not be the case in the present situation.
Why are people so concerned about everything being mainstream? I'm sure a lot of didn't get into blu-ray because we thought it was going to be mainstream. I got into blu-ray because it made watching movies a lot more enjoyable and I'll probably do the same for 3D.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #40
Henry T Henry T is offline
Senior Member
 
Henry T's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
60
202
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
Why are people so concerned about everything being mainstream? I'm sure a lot of didn't get into blu-ray because we thought it was going to be mainstream. I got into blu-ray because it made watching movies a lot more enjoyable and I'll probably do the same for 3D.
The reason people want the format to be mainstream is so there will be full support from the manufactures and movie production companies into the future.

If it does not become "mainstream" then there is no reason for the people who make the stuff to want to keep making it. These companies do not roll out this new dedicated technology for a small "enthusiast" market. They do it to make money and for that they need a huge base of users.

If it does not sell to the masses.....it dies.....its that simple.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
why do blu-ray players need firmware updates they did not need it on dvd players? Blu-ray Players and Recorders paulcarbajo 14 07-16-2009 03:16 PM
Japanese electronics chain offering to replace HD DUD players for Blu-ray players Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology jd213 2 02-22-2008 06:38 AM
The Digital Bits states Blu-ray stand alone players selling More than HD-DVD players Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology PaulGo 15 01-04-2008 08:58 PM
DVDs on Blu-ray players vs. DVD upconvert players on HDTV ? Newbie Discussion clawhn 20 12-16-2007 08:19 PM
As of August 1 2007, quality Blu-ray players are $120 cheaper than HD DVD players Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology HDTV1080P 2 08-01-2007 07:36 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:06 PM.