Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
19 hrs ago
Rubber (Blu-ray)
$6.99
9 hrs ago
Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Monster Hunter (Blu-ray)
$19.96
18 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
32 min ago
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
15 hrs ago
The Swordsman (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 04-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #41
Special Member

Nov 2007
WI
Default Need help with old school Martial Arts Flick

What was that one movie? It was one of the best Martial Art flicks during the 80's. Remember when these movies were on like once a week or so? Anyway, this one ended with a bloody fight on the beach I think. Just two men against each other and I remember the bad guy on his boat. Also there was a charachter who choked people with a short staff. People knew his trademark when they discovered the bodies since the victims had bruises around their neck. I know this doesn't give you much but those scenes especially stood out. Any help would be a wonderful. Thank you.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #42
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
R-Point

Do you happen to know if Sonny Chiba was in it? Possibly one of the Street Fighter films? Those movies are in public domain and can be found on the internet archive. I know that in the Street Fighter and Street Fighter's Last Revenge, they're on the beach or marina and fighting or something like that.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #43
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
R-Point

Here, this is from the end of Street Fighter.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sonny Chiba Street Fighter.jpg (20.2 KB, 304 views)
Old 04-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA

Was it Kung fu or a Japanese Samurai Film?

I know that Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island ends on a beach.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #45
Banned

Sep 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Stickied, I've been wanting a thread like this just been lazy to make it.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #46
Special Member

Nov 2007
WI
Default Thanks

Thanks for trying. I don't think it's Street Fighter and I know it's not Samurai. This was a kung fu flick, with some Chinese and Japanese cast I think. Not to many weapons or anything just straight up good story and fighting. Pretty old school but more along the lines of Deadly Venoms. I wonder if it was Shaw brothers release but I don't think it was. I know the choke scenes would stick out. I've been thinking about this film from time to time and it's killing me not knowing what it was. If only they still played these types of films more often. I know these were a dime a dozen back then so who knows. also red was a color I remember, I think the bad guy had a red sash or something.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #47
Special Member

Nov 2007
WI
Default ???

Is there a better place to go to maybe look for this answer?
Old 04-09-2010, 04:41 AM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Texas

I don't want to intrude on bingtau's question, but I would appreciate everyones help trying to identify a movie. The movie in question was a horror movie that I saw on HBO or one of the subscription movie channels back in the 80's when I was a kid and was similar to the Psycho movies. When I say similar to Psycho I mean that the villain was on old woman with a split personality. I remember her being in a basement or cellar through out the movie and it would sound like she was arguing with a man, but at the end you find out she had been talking to herself the whole time. If I saw the movie today it may seem completely stupid, but at the time it scared the crap out of me and my sister. Any ideas?
Old 04-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebhdb View Post
I don't want to intrude on bingtau's question, but I would appreciate everyones help trying to identify a movie. The movie in question was a horror movie that I saw on HBO or one of the subscription movie channels back in the 80's when I was a kid and was similar to the Psycho movies. When I say similar to Psycho I mean that the villain was on old woman with a split personality. I remember her being in a basement or cellar through out the movie and it would sound like she was arguing with a man, but at the end you find out she had been talking to herself the whole time. If I saw the movie today it may seem completely stupid, but at the time it scared the crap out of me and my sister. Any ideas?
Was it "Sybil" starring Sally Field?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeklo View Post
Was it "Sybil" starring Sally Field?
No it wasn't Sybil, but thanks for trying. This was more a true horror movie and the split personality lady was older. Probably in her 70's. Thanks again though Meeklo.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

The only other thing I can think of is "Trilogy of Terror" where a woman is arguing with (and kills) her sister, but turns out she didn't have a sister, it was her other personality.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #52
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeklo View Post
The only other thing I can think of is "Trilogy of Terror" where a woman is arguing with (and kills) her sister, but turns out she didn't have a sister, it was her other personality.
Well I suppose thats possible. I haven't seen it since I was a kid so my memory is kind of fuzzy. If my memory is correct there was a girl staying at this old womans house, maybe her granddaughter or something, and the old woman told her not to go down into the basement/cellar. The girl would hear arguing down going on in that room and it would sound like the voice of the old lady and a man. At some point she goes down into the room and finds out that it is the old lady talking to herself, at which point if memory serves correct the old lady tries to kill her. I remember seeing this on an HBO type station a few times when I was a kid. I appreciate your help Meeklo and I'll try to check out Trilogy of Terror to see if that happens to be it, but I'm pretty sure its a different movie. Thanks again for your help though.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #53

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingtau View Post
What was that one movie? It was one of the best Martial Art flicks during the 80's. Remember when these movies were on like once a week or so? Anyway, this one ended with a bloody fight on the beach I think. Just two men against each other and I remember the bad guy on his boat. Also there was a charachter who choked people with a short staff. People knew his trademark when they discovered the bodies since the victims had bruises around their neck. I know this doesn't give you much but those scenes especially stood out. Any help would be a wonderful. Thank you.
Sorry this is no help, but I noticed that you have Harakiri on your wish list for blu ray. Man, that is one of my all time favorites. Such an excellent movie, as is Twilight Samurai.

If you haven't seen Human Condition, then put it on your Queue right away. It's the same director of Harakiri, but is 9 hours long. It's really three movies, but all part of a series. It's on Criterion DVD.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:25 AM   #54

May 2009
NY
Default what is the title...

there is a movie i saw a clip of about nazi zombies. anyone know the name?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:27 AM   #55
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyzooguy View Post
"Dod sno" (aka Dead Snow)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDBNmYgTHVA maybe.

Last edited by Crimson King; 04-14-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:28 AM   #56
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
Dod sno maybe.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1278340/
Old 04-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #57

May 2009
NY

thats it! thanks
Old 04-14-2010, 03:26 AM   #58
Special Member

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyzooguy View Post
You are probably thinking of Dead Snow as indicated above. If not, older movies would include:

Shock Waves http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076704/
Zombie Lake http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081027/
Night of the Zombies (aka Night of the Zombies II - Not to be confused with Night of the Zombies aka Virus which has zombie soldiers, but I don't think they are Nazis) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082815/
Oasis of the Zombies http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0474531/
Revenge of the Zombies http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036307/

Regardless, you have to watch Zombie Lake. Trust me.

Edit: Ah, dang! I didn't see that you already responded. I just got so excited that I was finally going to be able to share my passion for Nazi zombies that nothing else mattered.

Last edited by Ex Accountant; 04-14-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Exclamation Need Help Identifying A Movie!

Not sure where I saw it or what the name is but I was watching a recorded show on TV and saw a trailer for a movie. The only thing I remember is the following..

The end title showed black with yellow words/design. The main thing that I remember (don't ask why) was the guy on the elevator wearing glasses and I guess he was changing. The door opens as he is doing this and he says "you like the angle of the dangle?"

What movie is this? It's something stupid and I can't remember. Thanks guys! I know someone will know.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #60
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
St Louis Area

It's The Losers.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies