Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Pirates! Band of Misfits 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

Dial M for Murder 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.29

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Old 10-19-2018, 10:11 PM   #861
Banned

Jun 2008

hi all

Is all PS4 consoles 3D and 4K compatible. Talking about the new one with Spider-Man game ? And do you have to update firmware to get it to play 3D discs ?
Old 10-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #862
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
hi all

Is all PS4 consoles 3D and 4K compatible. Talking about the new one with Spider-Man game ? And do you have to update firmware to get it to play 3D discs ?
3D yes, but only the Pro can play 4K content. Sadly, that content doesn’t include 4K discs.

As a 3D fan, I would reccomend you buy a VR headset as well because VR is 3D on steroids.
As a nice little bonus, the headset plays 3D discs also.
Thanks given by:
mredman (10-21-2018)
Old 10-21-2018, 02:10 AM   #863
Banned

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
3D yes, but only the Pro can play 4K content. Sadly, that content doesn’t include 4K discs.

As a 3D fan, I would reccomend you buy a VR headset as well because VR is 3D on steroids.
As a nice little bonus, the headset plays 3D discs also.
But the slim set has a HDR sticker up in the right corner too just like the Pro one. Good PS4 can play 3D Blu-Ray. Does it play Blu-Ray and 3D Blu-Ray’s just as Well as PS3?
Old 10-21-2018, 11:46 AM   #864
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
But the slim set has a HDR sticker up in the right corner too just like the Pro one. Good PS4 can play 3D Blu-Ray. Does it play Blu-Ray and 3D Blu-Ray’s just as Well as PS3?
Yes. At least I think iit looks as good. I think the HDR sticker just means it can play HDR shot material (HDR doesn’t have to be 4K, it can be 1080p or 720p)
Thanks given by:
mredman (10-24-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 05:20 PM   #865

Nov 2018

Hello I'm new to these boards. I love all things 3D. I have four 3D tvs, and 2 3D Monitors. I do mostly gaming on PC. But now I'm starting to collect 3D Blu ray movies. My main 3D blu ray player is a PS3. I bought in the USA. I guess my questions are:

1. Is the PS3 still region locked? I just order a movie from the UK region B, not sure if it will work.

2. Also, I keep reading about the Oppo 203 how good it is and how much better the 3D looks with this player. Does this player make the 3D look better than the ps3?

3. Also, read that the Oppo 203 supports external Subtitles which is a plus if that is the case. As I have family members who speak only Spanish, which is not available in all Movies.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2018, 03:05 PM   #866

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastatu View Post
Hello I'm new to these boards. I love all things 3D. I have four 3D tvs, and 2 3D Monitors. I do mostly gaming on PC. But now I'm starting to collect 3D Blu ray movies. My main 3D blu ray player is a PS3. I bought in the USA. I guess my questions are:

1. Is the PS3 still region locked? I just order a movie from the UK region B, not sure if it will work.

2. Also...
1. Yes. If the disc is region free it will work, otherwise it will not work.

2. If you want to talk about Oppo we have several threads for that, try https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=213967
Old 09-18-2019, 04:56 AM   #867

Mar 2017
Default Anyway to watch a region b disc on ps4

Anyway to watch a region b disc on ps4?
Old 09-19-2019, 03:15 AM   #868
Power Member

Jul 2018

Unless you ether find a modded PS4 (which usually have such mods to play locked game discs and not region coded motion picture BDs) or get a European model PS4 which natively plays region B discs, there aren't many options. Xone is also in the same region locked boat as well.

If you have a set budget and space, i'd recommend getting a modded region free player that has good reviews and fits whatever your budget may be.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:40 AM   #869

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBlackKnight View Post
Unless you ether find a modded PS4 (which usually have such mods to play locked game discs and not region coded motion picture BDs) or get a European model PS4 which natively plays region B discs, there aren't many options. Xone is also in the same region locked boat as well.

If you have a set budget and space, i'd recommend getting a modded region free player that has good reviews and fits whatever your budget may be.
Where could I buy a region b ie European PS4 as that would be my only option to watch 3d Blu-ray on psvr unless you know another way?
Old 09-19-2019, 07:21 AM   #870
Power Member

Jul 2018

You could try to find a DIY mod or hack that allows PS4s to play back locked BD movie discs. But as I mentioned, those type of mods seem to be for playing back locked PS4 game discs in certain regions. I don't know of any specific mods that allow region free playback of studio BD discs, but keep in mind such modding or hacking to a system might damage or brick your US PS4 if you try without entirely knowing what to do.

Ebay would be your best bet, or even Amazon UK if you regularly shop there. Look for ones that say "(EU)" or "UK Import", they're region free for games but play back Region B locked movie BD discs. Keep in mind you'll see others that just say "Import" and not EU, those may actually be ether Japanese units that only play back Region A locked BD movies like the US, or could be the Hong Kong and Indian models that only play back Region A and C coded BDs.

As all PS4 models regardless of region are dual voltage (120v and 220v compatible), the only thing you need to do with a European model is change out the 220v plug and get a 120v plug that the US PS4s use.

Also keep in mind that some of the pre-loaded apps specific to the European region like BBC player may not work in the US, but that doesn't sound to be you main concern so you should be good to go for playing back B locked 3D discs.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Tags
3-d, 3d blu ray, 3d blu ray sound, dts-hd, ps3, ps3 3d quality