Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.96
1 day ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34
1 day ago
Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Hammer Films: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (Blu-ray)
$22.00
16 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 09-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #21
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Montreal
Send a message via Yahoo to P@t_Mtl

I would see it but not in theaters, would be a rental later on after release.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #22
Power Member

Feb 2009
Temescal Valley, CA

I would totally see this movie!! Bring it on Marvel!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #23
Banned

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3NOM View Post
I just hope they put her in this outfit, for the ones that seen that movie know what I'm talking about....the phone booth scene
...How now, brown cow?
(Just had to stick up for a fellow Avengers-movie defender.)

My reaction is, there are two kinds of comic-book movies:
The ones made by the corporate studio-tied comic-book companies (like Warner/DC), and the ones made by the greedy studios (like Fox)...And the greedy studios don't read the comics and try to tell the story THEIR way.
The companies are the ones saying "No, we have to do Thor first, otherwise we won't be able to explain his appearance in the group movie!"
While the studios, who don't know the canon and can't understand the core audience flocking to see geek-canon done right, are the ones who look at Daredevil and IM2 and say "The audience musta liked it because of the BABES!...Let's greenlight 'X-Men Origins: Mystique! "
And then the agents pitch it to the actresses, who immediately go into Angelina Jolie mode and think they'll be playing an "empowered role model" by kissing up to studio misogynism.

...And going by past examples, it's the Studio-Drool spinoffs that stink, after fans complain that the spinoffs had nothing to do with the comics.

Last edited by EricJ; 09-23-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #24
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Stormcrow View Post
If they could make her like Selene, just without the supernatural powers, I guess it could work. Just not sure how many people want to see a female version of James Bond, what's next, an Agent 99 movie?
There's plenty of guys that would go and see a female version of James Bond, especially one with Scarlett Johansson.

I'm all for watching a Black Widow movie with her in it as long as it is done right. I'm hoping the days of the Elektras are over since Marvel is making these movies now.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #25
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-

I'd watch it

Hopefully Sam Jackson or Coulson would be around too though for at least minor roles.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #26
Power Member

Aug 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada

I probably would watch it for the standard shower scene and because it is marvel to see the other marvel characters that would be in it .
Old 01-20-2014, 05:01 AM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Shield Headquarters
Default Black Widow film... this needs to happen.

I made a small little edit. [IMG][/IMG]

I know the edit is terrible.

This link clearly explains how I feel.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/paulaersly/e...ck-widow-movie

Anyone else?
Old 01-20-2014, 05:02 AM   #28
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Uh no and that's coming from someone who considers Scarlett Johansson to be one of the sexiest women alive. Movies such as Winter Soldier are probably as close as we will ever get to a Black Widow film.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:06 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Shield Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Uh no and that's coming from someone who considers Scarlett Johansson to be one of the sexiest women alive. Movies such as Winter Soldier are probably as close as we will ever get to a Black Widow film.
Why not? There is enough fan support for it. We need to see her origin story and how she came to be. It would be an epic movie! Also, there were some talks after The Avengers that she may get her own story but than that was deemed to be untrue and Marvel is releasing the movie Ant-Man. I think this film would pull in tons of money. You've got a hot and sexy superhero that could draw people in, in various ways. I mean let's be honest, think of all the "nerds", "geeks" etc. (I hate using labels). I'd just love to see a film like this!
Old 01-20-2014, 05:12 AM   #30
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2008
Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwidowavenger1964 View Post
Why not? There is enough fan support for it. We need to see her origin story and how she came to be. It would be an epic movie! Also, there were some talks after The Avengers that she may get her own story but than that was deemed to be untrue and Marvel is releasing the movie Ant-Man. I think this film would pull in tons of money. You've got a hot and sexy superhero that could draw people in, in various ways. I mean let's be honest, think of all the "nerds", "geeks" etc. (I hate using labels). I'd just love to see a film like this!
I would watch it for sure but the truth is, there is not enough fan support for a theatrical release of a Black Widow solo movie. She works better as a support character in someone else's movie. I could see her origins, along with Nick Fury and Hawkeye's origins being explored and explained in a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, which I hope does happen one day.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:15 AM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Utah

Getting a petition going Supposedly there is a whooping 50,000 signatures already for a Loki solo movie
Old 01-20-2014, 05:19 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Shield Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
Getting a petition going Supposedly there is a whooping 50,000 signatures already for a Loki solo movie
Oh my god, Loki has been in like every single film as the bad guy. We really don't need a Loki solo film but if we did get one, I'd love to see his origin story and how he came to be besides what little they said in Thor. If they did a Loki movie on it's own, since he is the bad guy, how would it end? Would it end badly o.o. A city finally is destroyed and Iron Man has to fly away? Thor breaks his hammer? o.o It'd be good but I don't know how they could do it.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:51 AM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008

Man, no way lol
Old 01-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #34
Banned

Aug 2013

No way. There is nothing to show...
Old 01-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Shield Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Freedom- View Post
No way. There is nothing to show...
Are you kidding? All of her comic books are practically untouched. They could do so much!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #36
Banned

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwidowavenger1964 View Post
Are you kidding? All of her comic books are practically untouched. They could do so much!
Story about what?
Old 01-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #37
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Instant flop, unless it looked like an outrageous Tomb Raider type film.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #38
Banned

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
Instant flop, unless it looked like an outrageous Tomb Raider type film.
And those were hits?

(Basically, the "Off-topic sexy spinoff" got stuck in studio execs' heads ever since they wanted to spin Halle Berry off from the 007 film, and it hasn't gotten any fresher since.
At this point since Iron Man 2, cooler heads have since prevailed, and all the fanboy-Photoshop-with-incredibly-cheesy-fonts in the world isn't going to bring it back.)
Old 01-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #39
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

I don't think she has enough to carry a whole movie by herself. In fact, Captain America imo barely carries a film which is why the 'fluff' of great supporting actors and characters helped him so much.

I think that's why Black Widow and SHIELD being involved helps Captain AMERICA a lot and without them he might not have hit as much. Black Widow would have SHIELD and maybe Hawkeye involved, but Captain America doing anything more than a cameo would be wrong because he shouldn't have to play second fiddle to Black Widow.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:28 AM   #40
Banned

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I don't think she has enough to carry a whole movie by herself. In fact, Captain America imo barely carries a film which is why the 'fluff' of great supporting actors and characters helped him so much.

I think that's why Black Widow and SHIELD being involved helps Captain AMERICA a lot and without them he might not have hit as much. Black Widow would have SHIELD and maybe Hawkeye involved, but Captain America doing anything more than a cameo would be wrong because he shouldn't have to play second fiddle to Black Widow.
Yeah. Captain America barely carries a film then how the hell Black Window should do that? I rather to have Tomb Raider. No need Black Widow at all.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
black widow, marvel, scarlett johansson