Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Love and Monsters (DVD)
$11.99

All My Life (DVD)
$17.99

Country Music (DVD)
$38.00

Monster Hunter (DVD)
$17.96

The Secret Life of Pets 2-Movie Collection (DVD)
$9.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (DVD)
$7.59
2 hrs ago
The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection (DVD)
$29.99

Courage The Cowardly Dog: The Complete Series (DVD)
$20.28

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (DVD)
$7.59
7 hrs ago
Pokémon: DP Sinnoh League Victors - The Complete Season (DVD)
$29.96

Promising Young Woman (DVD)
$19.96

Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (DVD)
$13.25

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 10-16-2011, 01:33 AM   #21
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Try adding one more time the profile and then PM me so I can take a look at it because I cannot answer at the moment why you are having problems

Pro-B
I tried again and the site says the title has already been added. But a search doesn't find it.

Here's a link to the Amazon page.

51iTvQHxeyL.jpg

Dracula
ASIN: B000L42NA0
Release Date: 8 Jan 2007
EAN: 5037115233134
Runtime: 90 minutes
Audio: Stereo
Old 10-16-2011, 02:05 AM   #22
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

I just added it up, and the site did not block the entry.

OK, Chip, when you add UK titles, just go to Add movie, add the ASIN, title, studio, etc. Do not include the EAN or UPC if that is what is giving you trouble now.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #23
Special Member

Aug 2010

Is there a way to submit the cover art when you submit the title? I've been adding the title, waiting for it to get processed, and then adding the cover. I'm assuming there's an option while adding the movie that I'm missing.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #24

Jan 2009
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemouth View Post
is there a way to submit the cover art when you submit the title? I've been adding the title, waiting for it to get processed, and then adding the cover. I'm assuming there's an option while adding the movie that i'm missing.
+1

Also...when adding covers... It tells you to uncheck the tick box it when submitting new covers, so what exactly does that check mark box do if you dont uncheck it?

Last edited by NY Yankees 23 2; 10-16-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #25
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Has this been added as a mistake?

If you add a DVD copy does the datatbase think there's a BD as well? I've edited it. I can't find any info of a BD release.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #26
Power Member

Aug 2009
Sacramento, CA
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishaney23 View Post
+1

Also...when adding covers... It tells you to uncheck the tick box it when submitting new covers, so what exactly does that check mark box do if you dont uncheck it?
Nothing gets submitted. I kept forgetting to uncheck it the first time I went to upload a cover
Old 10-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #27
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Has this been added as a mistake?

If you add a DVD copy does the datatbase think there's a BD as well? I've edited it. I can't find any info of a BD release.
I have both seasons of this series on DVD. I was actually the one who submitted it, but I thought I submitted as a DVD, not a BD release? Should I submit it again, if I did select BD? It was my first submission, so forgive me if I did it wrong. Just trying to help add selections I have that are not in the database. I am trying to use it as a guide to keep track of what I have, but hard when some aren't listed.

Ack, I see the DVD listing now. I had the search set to US listings only. Might it be safe to add a listing for the second season?

Last edited by Me-Hostage; 10-17-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #28
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemouth View Post
Is there a way to submit the cover art when you submit the title? I've been adding the title, waiting for it to get processed, and then adding the cover. I'm assuming there's an option while adding the movie that I'm missing.
Hi Icemouth,

You have to have an entry first to submit the cover art.

Pro-B
Old 10-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #29
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishaney23 View Post
+1

It tells us elsewhere that we have such and such number of entries that have to be updated (this means covers) as they appear on the release calendar. So it is for administrative purposes.

Just remember to uncheck the tick box when submitting new covers

And thank you for all the submissions - Blu-ray and DVD

Pro-B
Old 10-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #30
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBeLL1984 View Post
I have both seasons of this series on DVD. I was actually the one who submitted it, but I thought I submitted as a DVD, not a BD release? Should I submit it again, if I did select BD? It was my first submission, so forgive me if I did it wrong. Just trying to help add selections I have that are not in the database. I am trying to use it as a guide to keep track of what I have, but hard when some aren't listed.

Ack, I see the DVD listing now. I had the search set to US listings only. Might it be safe to add a listing for the second season?
I've been doing the same thing with my entries as well so there's nothing to forgive, the Site Manager has sorted Suburban Shootout's entry out.

I'm sure we'll both get the hang of it with a bit of trial and error. The only thing that really confuses me is when there's a US version of a DVD what's the best process of adding a UK version. Should we do a theatrical search then add DVD (do we change the times to PAL as well?) using the theatrical data as the base for the DVD?

Also thanks for the heads up on Suburban Shootout, I've picked the first series up as I missed it on TV.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #31
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:
I've been doing the same thing with my entries as well so there's nothing to forgive, the Site Manager has sorted Suburban Shootout's entry out.

I'm sure we'll both get the hang of it with a bit of trial and error. The only thing that really confuses me is when there's a US version of a DVD what's the best process of adding a UK version. Should we do a theatrical search then add DVD (do we change the times to PAL as well?) using the theatrical data as the base for the DVD?

Also thanks for the heads up on Suburban Shootout, I've picked the first series up as I missed it on TV.
From what I understand, which isn't always the best to go on, yes? LOL...

I added the second season/series. I made sure I used the "Add DVD" option, and the Blu-ray option was set to "No", so we shall see if it works this time!

I still have 10+ titles to add. One of which is a double feature (Poltergeist II/Poltergeist III). There's a listing for both since both have been released on BD in different countries, but do I need to add it under both, or is there a way to link both with one submission?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
-

Question. Looking through all the genre's, for example 'Action' it states 9092 titles. I click into it and I'm shown just 56. ????????????
Old 10-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #33
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge View Post
Question. Looking through all the genre's, for example 'Action' it states 9092 titles. I click into it and I'm shown just 56. ????????????
It says over 4,000 when I look at it. Not sure if they're all regions or just region 1 titles.

DLBeLL1984 if you go to the theatrical listing's of each title they should have their own ID's jot them down and add the numbers to the relevant section when you use Add DVD.

I finally added a cover earlier after dozens of attempts, it seems IE8 fails each time when I submit one but Google Earth worked first time.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #34
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Alex,

Do you have the up in the main search bar?

Your setting has to be "global".

Pro-B
Old 10-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #35
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Alex,

Pro-B
I didn't realize that the search bar global, UK etc icon affected the side bar search either. I'm learning something every day!

Now I don't have to search through regions that I don't need.

I must also say that I'm pretty psyched that the site has added DVD's, they're a big part of my collection and I'm very fond of them. The feature is much appreciated! Everyone seems to be chipping in to what must be like 15 years of releases!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
-

Quote:
Alex,

Pro-B
Problem solved. I should have realised. Thanks Pro-B!!!

It just means I have to list mixed regions. Oh well, can't have my cake and eat it.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:26 AM   #37
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:
It says over 4,000 when I look at it. Not sure if they're all regions or just region 1 titles.

DLBeLL1984 if you go to the theatrical listing's of each title they should have their own ID's jot them down and add the numbers to the relevant section when you use Add DVD.

I finally added a cover earlier after dozens of attempts, it seems IE8 fails each time when I submit one but Google Earth worked first time.
Thank you!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:37 AM   #38
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge View Post
Problem solved. I should have realised. Thanks Pro-B!!!
Quote:
I didn't realize that the search bar global, UK etc icon affected the side bar search either. I'm learning something every day!

Now I don't have to search through regions that I don't need.

I must also say that I'm pretty psyched that the site has added DVD's, they're a big part of my collection and I'm very fond of them. The feature is much appreciated! Everyone seems to be chipping in to what must be like 15 years of releases!

Sounds good guys

Also, give it a little bit of time. We've had the DVD database up and running for a very short period of time. It will be as good as the Blu-ray database, it just needs a bit of time.

And thank you for your DVD and (more important) Blu-ray submissions.

Pro-B
Old 10-18-2011, 03:20 AM   #39
Contributor

Aug 2011

I'm still adding a few, but two of mine studios that aren't listed - Allumination and Seville. Any chance they can be added?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #40
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

^ The studios are in.

Pro-B
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies