Best DVD Deals


Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Love and Monsters (DVD)
$11.99
1 day ago
Pokémon: DP Sinnoh League Victors - The Complete Season (DVD)
$29.96
 
The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.: The Complete Series (DVD)
$9.96
 
The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection (DVD)
$29.99
 
All My Life (DVD)
$17.99
 
The Croods: A New Age (DVD)
$17.99
 
Onward (DVD)
$10.00
 
Promising Young Woman (DVD)
$19.96
 
Half Brothers (DVD)
$17.99
 
Courage The Cowardly Dog: The Complete Series (DVD)
$20.28
 
Best of Warner Bros. 20 Film Collection Romance (DVD)
$19.96
11 hrs ago
Spartacus: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$22.49
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #41
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Contributor
 
Me-Hostage's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
1
8
47
2102
4
217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
^ The studios are in.

Pro-B
Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #42
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Contributor
 
Me-Hostage's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
1
8
47
2102
4
217
Default

I just submitted a new listing for the TV series Back to You. This was my first series submission, so I didn't see where it asked for the release title (it did ask for the title of the series), if you need the actual release title it would be Back to You: Season 1.

Sorry if it caused any confusion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #43
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is online now
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
-
25
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBeLL1984 View Post
Sorry if it caused any confusion.
You did not cause any confusion at all.

Thank you for your submissions

Pro-B
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:20 AM   #44
Me-Hostage Me-Hostage is offline
Contributor
 
Me-Hostage's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
1
8
47
2102
4
217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
You did not cause any confusion at all.

Thank you for your submissions

Pro-B
LOL, I actually just submitted the additional info. and cover.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #45
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
4
407
772
19
Default

Apparently when you guys created this DVD Collection section, both the Blu-ray and DVD versions of this movie were both put as DVD. This link I'm posting to you is the Blu-ray version which should be moved to it's appropiate place or removed from the system if this movie isn't already in the Blu-ray section.

https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Bunraku-DVD/8632/
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #46
Hatter Hatter is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada
83
79
Default

I'd like to caution people when adding films using Amazon as the main source. Several Amazon entries contain incorrect disc spefications.

Bill Osco's Alice in Wonderland was a disaster for example. Wrong year, aspect ratio, runtime and region code.

Last edited by Hatter; 10-24-2011 at 06:04 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #47
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
4
407
772
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
I'd like to caution people when adding films using Amazon as the main source. Several Amazon entries contain incorrect disc spefications.

Bill Osco's Alice in Wonderland was a disaster for example. Wrong year, aspect ratio, runtime and region code.
I made lots of entries, and I hardly ever used Amazon as my source for info on specs, info about the movie, genres, etc. I go by what the DVD cover says and even see for myself by watching a couple of minutes of the movie on my PS3 just to make sure that everything I put in is correct. Since a lot of entries have incorrect info already, I just edit whatever is wrong and replace it with correct info.

For upcoming releases, I only post info I know for sure is correct and then add more info if I find anything else about the movie that I didn't already know about.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #48
Hatter Hatter is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada
83
79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
I made lots of entries, and I hardly ever used Amazon as my source for info on specs, info about the movie, genres, etc. I go by what the DVD cover says and even see for myself by watching a couple of minutes of the movie on my PS3 just to make sure that everything I put in is correct. Since a lot of entries have incorrect info already, I just edit whatever is wrong and replace it with correct info.

For upcoming releases, I only post info I know for sure is correct and then add more info if I find anything else about the movie that I didn't already know about.
Excellent. Funny thing with Alice is that the listed runtimes are all over the place. Amazon says 80, IMDB says 78, the case says 00 (printing error) but of course popping in the dvd solves the mystery at 72 minutes.

Last edited by Hatter; 10-24-2011 at 07:36 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #49
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
71
2602
2130
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
I'd like to caution people when adding films using Amazon as the main source. Several Amazon entries contain incorrect disc specifications.
The only thing I use Amazon for is the ASIN and the release date (I'll also save the cover if it's a HQ one). The rest is from the box otherwise I leave it blank.

Not sure if I'm missing it somewhere but Stereo and DTS sound formats aren't on the drop-down bar.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #50
Hatter Hatter is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada
83
79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
The only thing I use Amazon for is the ASIN and the release date (I'll also save the cover if it's a HQ one). The rest is from the box otherwise I leave it blank.

Not sure if I'm missing it somewhere but Stereo and DTS sound formats aren't on the drop-down bar.
Anything 2.0 or greater is supposed to mean stereo. If the spec page says 2.0 Mono, that really doesn't make any sense. Obviously the same track will come out of both speakers but it is 1.0 mono at the end of the day.

DTS strangely isn't listed for english audio. It is for french and other language tracks though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #51
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
71
2602
2130
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Anything 2.0 or greater is supposed to mean stereo. If the spec page says 2.0 Mono, that really doesn't make any sense. Obviously the same track will come out of both speakers but it is 1.0 mono at the end of the day.

DTS strangely isn't listed for english audio. It is for french and other language tracks though.
Thanks, I though Dolby Digital and Stereo were two different codecs. Hopefully DTS will be added along with region info for the DVD's instead of ABC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:33 AM   #52
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is online now
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
-
25
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Apparently when you guys created this DVD Collection section, both the Blu-ray and DVD versions of this movie were both put as DVD. This link I'm posting to you is the Blu-ray version which should be moved to it's appropiate place or removed from the system if this movie isn't already in the Blu-ray section.

https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Bunraku-DVD/8632/
Thank you for reporting this, MOONPHASE

I took care of it.

Pro-B
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:34 AM   #53
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is online now
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
-
25
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
I'd like to caution people when adding films using Amazon as the main source. Several Amazon entries contain incorrect disc spefications.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:25 AM   #54
djgeneral djgeneral is offline
Moderator
 
djgeneral's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Michigan
603
239
9
154
Default

this is so cool! Finally can have my complete collection uploaded
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #55
djgeneral djgeneral is offline
Moderator
 
djgeneral's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Michigan
603
239
9
154
Default

Is there a way to have your DVD titles show up under your name like Blus do?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #56
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is online now
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
-
25
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
Is there a way to have your DVD titles show up under your name like Blus do?
This is coming up
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #57
KrugerIndustrial KrugerIndustrial is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
KrugerIndustrial's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
377
38
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
This is coming up
Cool!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:06 AM   #58
djgeneral djgeneral is offline
Moderator
 
djgeneral's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
Michigan
603
239
9
154
Default

Awesome!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #59
DaveSimonH DaveSimonH is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
DaveSimonH's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Scotland, UK
150
1
1587
903
111
3
Default

I added in the One Million Years B.C. & One Night at McCool's Theatrical entries earlier and I think I added the corresponding UK DVDs but they haven't appeared yet. Are they in the system awaiting approval? Not sure if I did actually add them, as I was adding stuff and watching BBC News 24 at the same time.

By the way, the One Million Years B.C. is a seperate UK DVD to the one already listed, the one I think I added was the 2002 WB release, not the 2006 Optimum DVD.

EDIT: They are in the system now, must have just been in the DVD queue. Uploaded some covers for them, shame you can't add DVDs + their covers at the same time.

Last edited by DaveSimonH; 11-02-2011 at 12:54 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #60
chip75 chip75 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
chip75's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
Wales
71
2602
2130
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimonH View Post
Anyone else have this problem?
Mines okay at the moment.

Although I tried to add multiple titles to a boxset with the numbers at the top of the addressbar but it said it didn't recognize the title. I added a comma and a space after each one and tried it without spaces but it rejected the next one.

Last edited by chip75; 11-08-2011 at 09:59 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 AM.