Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
15 hrs ago
Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99
1 day ago
News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
23 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50

Masterpiece: All Creatures Great and Small (Blu-ray)
$34.16
19 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Hammer Films: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Black Clover: Season 1 and 2 Complete (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Wolfman's Got Nards (Blu-ray)
$14.39
12 hrs ago
My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$33.98

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia

Old 02-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Special Member

Dec 2011
Norway Cold Prey Trilogy Fritt vilt Trilogien Question

Does this Norwegian set really have English subs? As indicated on the listing here:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Fritt...Blu-ray/25992/

If there is already a thread about this I apologize. I did search this subforum before posting. All I came up with is the FR release.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
Power Member

Oct 2009
Sweden

This one might help you out

https://forum.blu-ray.com/search.php?searchid=8301324

Last edited by USiT; 02-18-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by USiT View Post
The link says sorry no matches lmao

Is this set even really available? I search megastore.se and megastore.no and megastore.fi and nothing. I am really really interested in this set if it is available somewhere for a non outrageous amount and it has English subs.

Last edited by secretsquirrel; 02-18-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
Power Member

Apr 2010

I can answer your question, I own this trilogy.

Only the first film has got English subtitles. The two sequels do not.

All three discs are region locked.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs View Post

Hope this helps!
Helps somewhat! Does the individual Finnish release of the first film have English subs? Region locking isn't an issue but not having English subs is! I thought I had it in my head that previous Scandinavian releases did not have English subs. I reseaarched this thoroughly about a year ago. Do I have myself confused?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
Power Member

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
Helps somewhat! Does the individual Finnish release of the first film have English subs? Region locking isn't an issue but not having English subs is! I thought I had it in my head that previous Scandinavian releases did not have English subs. I reseaarched this thoroughly about a year ago. Do I have myself confused?
I own the Norwegian releases. I can't say for sure what the specs are for the Finnish release, but given that the three BDs include Finnish subtitles, I assume the same discs have been used throughout Scandinavia. But yes, the first film does have English subtitles also on the individual release. The trilogy edition is just a collection of the individually released discs, no differences.

Last edited by crs; 02-19-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #7
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
I own the Norwegian releases. I can't say for sure what the specs are for the Finnish release, but given that the three BDs include Finnish subtitles, I assume the same discs have been used throughout Scandinavia. But yes, the first film does have English subtitles also on the individual release. The trilogy edition is just a collection of the individually released discs, no differences.
Ok. Thx for the reply. That takes care of one thing. Now I need to find somewhere selling this for reasonable price. Probably would prefer the trilogy set if there is saving to be had there. I checked all the megastore sites (.se,.fi,.no) and didn't come up with anything. Tried the original title as well as the english variant. I searched pretty thoroughly and only managed to pull up DVD versions on those sites. Any suggestions?
Old 02-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Power Member

Apr 2010

The trilogy as well as the single discs are still available in Norway. I only know of one webstore that ships outside Norway, http://www.nordicdvd.com, but their prices are sky-high.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #9
Banned

Feb 2012

Quote:
The trilogy as well as the single discs are still available in Norway. I only know of one webstore that ships outside Norway, http://www.nordicdvd.com, but their prices are sky-high.
Subtitles planned anytime soon, or can't people make them, that would be cool

Last edited by maleaco; 03-09-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:

Hope this helps!
Quote:
Is there more than one release in Scandinavia or just the Norwegian? I may (if I can find it for reasonable price) see if someone can get it for me locally in Finland, Sweden, Norway, wherever has the best price and whomever is willing to help me out.

Also is this film in fact 1080p and how is the transfer?

Last edited by secretsquirrel; 03-07-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #11
Power Member

Apr 2010

Quote:
Is there more than one release in Scandinavia or just the Norwegian? I may (if I can find it for reasonable price) see if someone can get it for me locally in Finland, Sweden, Norway, wherever has the best price and whomever is willing to help me out.

Also is this film in fact 1080p and how is the transfer?
The Norwegian releases of 1-3 got Swedish/Finnish/Danish subtitles, so I am sure they have the same discs but perhaps with localized packaging. I can confirm all three films are 1080p. Transfer for the first Fritt Vilt BD is decent, 2-3 slightly better.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #12

Nov 2009
SRB

I have the Norwegian (separate) releases. Luckily enough I was able to get them rather cheap when I was in Norway. I can also confirm that only the first film has english subtitles as was released by a different company than the other two. Judging by the contents I suppose it's safe to assume that all Scandinavian releases are identical. The other two films only have Norwegian, Danish, Swedish and Finnish subtitles. Unlike the 2-disc Special Edition DVD of the first film, the Blu-ray comes only with two audio commentaries and a trailer (not mentioned on the cover and are to be found under set up). As for the PQ, to me they look great (they are 1080p). The sound quality is also brilliant. The separate releases come in the thinner, Elite cases.

Last edited by kandraks; 03-18-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #13
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandraks View Post
I have the Norwegian (separate) releases. Luckily enough I was able to get them rather cheap when I was in Norway. I can also confirm that only the first film has english subtitles as was released by a different company than the other two. Judging by the contents I suppose it's safe to assume that all Scandinavian releases are identical. The other two films only have Norwegian, Danish, Swedish and Finnish subtitles. Unlike the 2-disc Special Edition DVD of the first film, the Blu-ray comes only with two audio commentaries and a trailer (not mentioned on the cover and are to be found under set up). As for the PQ, to me they look great (they are 1080p). The sound quality is also brilliant. The separate releases come in the thinner, Elite cases.
When did you pick them up in Norway? here did you get the first film from when you were in Norway? Maybe they still have them for cheap. Wishful thinking I know but I can hope.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #14

Nov 2009
SRB

I got the second one at Spaceworld in 2010 and the first and the third I got at Platekompaniet at Oslo City (shopping centre) last year. Incidentally they were all on offer for NOK 99.50 each (13 EUR/$17) (despite different shops and the time of purchase). They're still on offer (tilbud) on Platekompaniet's website, but sadly, they don't ship abroad nor do they accept card payments from abroad, so you must have someone in Norway to get the discs for you and then mail them to you

Last edited by kandraks; 03-18-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #15
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandraks View Post
I got the second one at Spaceworld in 2010 and the first and the third I got at Platekompaniet at Oslo City (shopping centre) last year. Incidentally they were all on offer for NOK 99.50 each (13 EUR/$17) (despite different shops and the time of purchase). They're still on offer (tilbud) on Platekompaniet's website, but sadly, they don't ship abroad nor do they accept card payments from abroad, so you must have someone in Norway to get the discs for you and then mail them to you
I think my best bet for a deal is try to find someone in Norway or elsewhere who already has the first one but needs the last twoThe trilogy its only 30 Kroner more than the first one is alone. That seems to be the going rate on a lot of the Nordic webstores. I know it isn't a revelation but I don't think I have ever seen that kind of minimal increase for two additional movies in a trilogy over just the first.

If someone picked up the trilogy for $22 USD/129NOK they could sell me the first movie for $10/57NOK+ shipping and still have a nice savings proportional to the average cost of 99 Kroner for each disc individually. If I remember correctly I believe Sweden had much cheaper shipping than what I kerp hearing about Norway.

Last edited by secretsquirrel; 03-19-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #16
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
I think my best bet for a deal is try to find someone in Norway or elsewhere who already has the first one but needs the last twoThe trilogy its only 30 Kroner more than the first one is alone. That seems to be the going rate on a lot of the Nordic webstores. I know it isn't a revelation but I don't think I have ever seen that kind of minimal increase for two additional movies in a trilogy over just the first.

If someone picked up the trilogy for $22 USD/129NOK they could sell me the first movie for $10/57NOK+ shipping and still have a nice savings proportional to the average cost of 99 Kroner for each disc individually. If I remember correctly I believe Sweden had much cheaper shipping than what I kerp hearing about Norway.
Still this -------^

Pains me to pay 99 NOK when the Trilogy can be had for far far cheaper proportionally.

Does cdon.no ship to US? If not do.they charge shipping within Norway? What about Finland?

I just can't justify paying even $20 shipped on this when there is no foreseeable releases of the 2nd and 3rd with English subs.

Last edited by secretsquirrel; 08-31-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #17
Power Member

Apr 2009
Richmond, VA

I just recently heard of these films and would really like to get them, however ENGLISH subs is necessary for me. Is there ANY option to buy all 3 films with English subs? I don't care what country they are from or whether they are region coded....just need to have English subs.

Rick
Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
Denver, CO

As of today there is not any release of all of them in blu ray with English subs (only in DVD). Only the first one has one version released in blu ray with English subs. It was released in Norway and Sweden I believe, but it is a little hard to find and costly to ship to other countries (if you find a store that does so). What I did (as I love these movies) I bought the German versions (from Amazon.de) and then downloaded the English subs online. Then I ripped both of them in my computer and added the subs, then stored both in a USB to be able to watch them with English subs without needing a computer (most blu ray players can play movie files from USB storing devices). I was able to rip them without losing anything (bitrate from video or audio) btw. I also bought the French versions later on and did the same thing.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:15 AM   #19
Power Member

Apr 2009
Richmond, VA

Sorry to bump an extremely old thread...but is there a country that has all 3 of these films with 1080p NON 50hz?? I have the French releases and they are pal/50hz.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:58 AM   #20
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
Sorry to bump an extremely old thread...but is there a country that has all 3 of these films with 1080p NON 50hz?? I have the French releases and they are pal/50hz.
Iím glad you did because I too have been waiting what feels like forever for a North American friendly release of the entire trilogy.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia