Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50
14 hrs ago
Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$63.50
4 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
21 hrs ago
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Croods: A New Age 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.28
2 hrs ago
Wonder Woman: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99
8 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Black Clover: Season 1 and 2 Complete (Blu-ray)
$149.99
16 hrs ago
Braveheart 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Croods: A New Age (Blu-ray)
$20.98
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 03-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #21
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

watched tere naal love ho gaya yesterday and needless to say it was a pathetic movie! the only saving grace was the music which was also ruined by over-acting(Genilia)
i was in no mood to watch the movie but had to... due to some pressures my rating 1.5/5

Last edited by divyansh; 03-03-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #22
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

^ Yes, it is the Universal BD - 50th Anniversary Edition. The extras on the BD are excellent and the insightful commentary is AFAIK the same as the one on the DVD.

As for audio, you are right about the 5.1 enhancement. It does work well in few sequences like the rain effects where you get some kind of surround immersion. But overall, you won't me missing much if you listen to the extremely capable DTS HDMA 2.0 track since the sound design in its original form was never meant for surround effects. I must say that the audio never sounded this good before. A couple of scenes erupted with strong background score, but I didn't find any distortion at all.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #23
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Saw Paan Singh Tomar this evening and was disappointed:
My detailed review
Nice review ravenus. I watched the movie today and must say i agree to most of your points. Overall it was a refreshing change in recent craps, though still ends up as just a one time watch. Some key intensity somewhere was missing to make it memorable just by that bit.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #24
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2010
India

Saw the Cine-Explore PiP track on Sleeping Beauty. Disney's animated features offer wonderful opportunity for PiP tracks with the lovely concept art and historical footage. SB is IMO one of their most beautiful films and this was an enriching revisit. Also saw Grand Canyon, a short film composed of panoramic visuals of the Grand Canyon set to the music of the Grand Canyon Suite. This one looked wonderful in HD. It was originally used as the opening short before the theatrical screening of SB.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #25

Oct 2011
india

watched tere naal love ho gaya , worst movie ever for me , story is utter crap.

also watched aliens 3 on blu ray
not as good as alien 1. i still feel alien 1 as best .
Old 03-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #26

Nov 2010

Ra one

Movie : 2/5 (basically 1 for songs.. & 1 for vfx.. !!

PQ : 3.5/5 (1st half a sort of colour prblem is there.. but ok !!

AQ : 4.75/5 (i have to say the best 5.1 work i have seen in a BD.. simply superb.. songs,vfx just sounded great. !!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #27
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven star View Post
Ra one

AQ : 4.75/5 (i have to say the best 5.1 work i have seen in a BD.. simply superb.. songs,vfx just sounded great. !!
ur serious??! i mean really??!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #28
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyansh View Post
+1 for the shock. How on earth can a BD sound good for a film mix which itself was so badly mastered in the first place !!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #29

Nov 2010

Quote:
Not kidding.. seriously.. they used rear speakers to the max..
Old 03-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #30
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven star View Post
Not kidding.. seriously.. they used rear speakers to the max..
i hereby declare that you hav'nt watched many BD's for sure! coz if you had then there are many many titles (both hindi and english) that sound miles ahead of RA.ONE's track and this includes surround usage as well! i mean ra.one had such scope for a gr8 sound mix but they ruined it

it's AUDIO TRACK IS 3/5 for me (and this is coming from a person who is mad after good surround usage and insanely loud audio tracks!)
Old 03-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #31

Nov 2010

Quote:
i hereby declare that you hav'nt watched many BD's for sure! coz if you had then there are many many titles (both hindi and english) that sound miles ahead of RA.ONE's track and this includes surround usage as well! i mean ra.one had such scope for a gr8 sound mix but they ruined it

it's AUDIO TRACK IS 3/5 for me (and this is coming from a person who is mad after good surround usage and insanely loud audio tracks!)
I only watched HP & jurassic park blurays from hollywood.. i would give 4 for HP & 4.5 for jurassic park.. btw,watched many of bolly,tolly blu rays.. but i really like the sound mixing on ra-one blu-ray . watched the songs 100 times by now.. loud & clear (lol)
Old 03-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2010
India

Saw an 80's horror film called Vamp after reading on some site that it was a good hep vampire film like the original Fright Night, but it turned very lame and dull in most parts. Grace Jones was the sole saving grace for this turkey.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #33

Feb 2012

njmtv.com has Don2 dvd in stock!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:05 PM   #34

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4u View Post
njmtv.com has Don2 dvd in stock!
nevermind...just spoke with them...they are preparing it for their website and had to take it off.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #35
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2010
India

@B4u: Don't make every thread a dumping ground for "so-and-so BD/DVD available/not available" posts. This thread is for people to talk about movies they recently watched.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #36
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

watched Wanted (2008) and it was excellent! i mean the movie simply rocked! loved the over-the-top action and the super tight screenplay and technically also it was superb the picture quality of the Blu-Ray was great and audio was mind-blowing! truly reference grade

My Rating
Movie 3.75/5
Picture Quality 4.75/5
Audio Quality 4.75/5
Old 03-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #37
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK
Default Immortals

Saw Tarsem Singh's 'Immortals' last night and it was a disappointing experience. It could have been a good movie with an engaging story supported by stunning effects. Instead, it was like a 10 min worth of a story and 100 mins of effects and style heavy presentation. It started well in the narration, but Tarsem lost it as the film moved forward.

It seemed that Tarsem had put too much focus on style, effects and CGI and ignored weaving a good story with real characters, something a mythological tale deserves and should have been its main USP (how difficult is it to figure that out?). It was like watching a poorer version of 300 and Clash of Titans blended in a mixer with the essential bits left out. The movie is quite graphic in nature and stylised to promote the 'wow' factor, but the 'wow' factor was quite ephemeral for me due to lack of good storytelling.

Action fans will rejoice for some over the top, extremely graphic, but well composed action sequences.

While I enjoyed Tarsem's 'The Fall' and liked 'The Cell' to a certain extent, I cannot say the same for Immortals.

PQ: It looked stunning mostly, but bit too dark in some scenes. If you liked 300, you will like this one. Reds and warmer tones are a treat.
AQ: Excellent.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #38
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2010
India

^I saw this one in the cinema (in 3D) and it was a boring experience. The script was utterly humdrum and the actors looked totally jaded and uninterested in their roles. Even the style was very, for want of a more appropriate phrase, thook lagaa ke
Old 03-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #39
Special Member

Jan 2009
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
actors looked totally jaded and uninterested in their roles.
+1. Henry Cavill was a good choice to play Theseus by his looks and physique, but his acting was quite lousy for a lead. I found one particular scene quite funny - when Hensry was delivering a speech on the inner gates of the tunnel, he delivered that with a very particular british accent which ruined the entire scene for me which was supposed to be quite serious...
Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #40
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2010
India

A Dangerous Method, David Cronenberg's film on the schism between Carl Jung and Sigmund Freud and it's possible roots in Jung's affair with his patient Sabina Spielrein who later became a renowned psychoanalyst in her own right. The film looks great and I'm a sucker for Michael Fassbender but underneath the sumptuous production values and erudite dialog is really a soap opera more than anything else, and Kiera Knightley's depiction of Sabina Spielrein makes it look like she was suffering from that all-too-common collection of nervous tics and contrived mannerisms called Oscar Nominitis Syndrome.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India