Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Short Circuit 2 (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
1 day ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Jiang Ziya (Blu-ray)
$14.96
11 hrs ago
Krull (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$5.99
8 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Ultraman Taro: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #21
Special Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonAngel View Post
I certainly hope the National Award in the best picture category would warrant a bluray release for this film - been waiting and hoping!
Unfortunately, I really don't think the award will have much influence getting a blu-ray release. The producers did not even bother to release this movie in the US and many other international markets. The movie is however available on Netflix, for those who might be interested to watch in the US. It is such a shame that this was not chosen as India's official entry to the Oscars instead of Barfi!. I really feel this is the kind of movie that the Academy would have lapped up.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:36 AM   #22
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010

I thought Barfi! was a better movie but this should most definitely have had a blu ray release. The dvd has too many compression artifacts that do unfirtunately distract you from the film.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:08 AM   #23
Power Member

Jan 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin View Post
I thought Barfi! was a better movie but this should most definitely have had a blu ray release. The dvd has too many compression artifacts that do unfirtunately distract you from the film.
+1 to this.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #24
Special Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin View Post
Barfi! copied from many, many sources and for that reason alone stood very little chance at the Oscars. Of course, it also did not offer anything new or fresh as far as International cinema is concerned. 'Paan Singh Tomar', however on the other hand, was not only a unique and and very engaging human story, but it was also the kind that the Academy loves. In any case, the very fact that Barfi! copied so blatantly from so many sources, should have disqualified it from representing the country. Don't get me wrong, I myself enjoyed Barfi! immensely. I just don't think that the movie stood much of a chance at the Oscars even if it had not copied.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #25

Oct 2009

Call me crazy but Barfi bored me out quickly - I felt it had a little too much overacting especially from Ranbir! :sigh:

I would really like to see PST on a Blu!

Last edited by DaemonAngel; 03-19-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Thanks given by:
prepress (07-11-2014)
Old 03-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #26
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay0864 View Post
Barfi! copied from many, many sources and for that reason alone stood very little chance at the Oscars. Of course, it also did not offer anything new or fresh as far as International cinema is concerned. 'Paan Singh Tomar', however on the other hand, was not only a unique and and very engaging human story, but it was also the kind that the Academy loves. In any case, the very fact that Barfi! copied so blatantly from so many sources, should have disqualified it from representing the country. Don't get me wrong, I myself enjoyed Barfi! immensely. I just don't think that the movie stood much of a chance at the Oscars even if it had not copied.
totally agree about the copying and hence the chance at the oscars, but I was just commenting that I found it to be a better film.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010

btw, do we know if SB&G2 has done well enough to get a blu release and if so, whether there is any chance it might give the first one a release too?
Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #28

Nov 2009

Paan Singh Tomar's distributor is Disney/UTV

Maybe it was their latest 2nd right distribution title. But, hopefully, 'Udaan' was their latest blu-ray title as well.

Even 'Udaan' couldn't expect commercial success in blu-ray sales, the company might think a value of art cinema. 'Paan Singh Tomar' could be made by blu-ray also. Don't give up. '
Old 03-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

After reading the list of National Award winners, i am highly worried that the distributor did not even consider Paan Singh Tomaar for Blu. This is totally a prime example money making vs intelligent cinema. I hope it does release on BD.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #30
Special Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrat_Boy View Post
After reading the list of National Award winners, i am highly worried that the distributor did not even consider Paan Singh Tomaar for Blu. This is totally a prime example money making vs intelligent cinema. I hope it does release on BD.
The really strange part is that "Paan Singh Tomar" was actually a commercial success and therefore why it was not released on blu-ray, is beyond me. Considering that it was one of the rare movies that also got critical acclaim and add to that the fact that it was not even released in a lot of International markets, made it a perfect candidate for good sales on blu-ray. But then again, I have very rarely understood the marketing/distribution strategies of bollywood companies.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

Quote:
The really strange part is that "Paan Singh Tomar" was actually a commercial success and therefore why it was not released on blu-ray, is beyond me. Considering that it was one of the rare movies that also got critical acclaim and add to that the fact that it was not even released in a lot of International markets, made it a perfect candidate for good sales on blu-ray. But then again, I have very rarely understood the marketing/distribution strategies of bollywood companies.
+1, i have to wonder that as well. No sensibilities whatsoever, just random releases. I mean Shemaroo even released 'Bipasha Work Out' on blu, WTF?!??! They have so many good catalog titles and thats the best they can do??
Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #32

Feb 2009
Mumbai
Send a message via Yahoo to chandna Send a message via Skype™ to chandna
Default Paan Singh Tomar

Quote:
BD was released by Disney. Authored by us
Old 03-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #33
Special Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandna View Post
Really? When and where was the blu-ray released? I wonder how it escaped everyone's attention. I still can't find a trace of the blu-ray anywhere on the web. Chandnaji please help in finding the blu-ray.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #34

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandna View Post
Quote:
Really? When and where was the blu-ray released? I wonder how it escaped everyone's attention. I still can't find a trace of the blu-ray anywhere on the web. Chandnaji please help in finding the blu-ray.
Even I wonder whether 'Paan Singh Tomar' Bluray was ever released or not ????
I have never seen any online review or exact proof of Bluray with any customer.
Since last 6 months I can see the Bluray link on Flipkart and Disney India website both. But it always says 'Out of Stock' !! I guess it was planned to be released earlier, but never got released.

http://www.flipkart.com/paan-singh-t...0singh%20tomar

http://www.shopatdisney.in/paan-sing...-blu-ray-hindi
Old 03-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #35

Oct 2009

wow! Chandnaji threw us a curveball! Time to find this!!! Help us!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #36
Expert Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonAngel View Post
Call me crazy but Barfi bored me out quickly - I felt it had a little too much overacting especially from Ranbir! :sigh:
So I'm not the only one!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #37

Jun 2010
Canada

Chanda is referring to DVD even though he said BD.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #38

Sep 2011
Ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
So I'm not the only one!
hey count me in too lol
Old 03-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
So I'm not the only one!
me too
Old 03-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #40

Feb 2009
Mumbai
Send a message via Yahoo to chandna Send a message via Skype™ to chandna
Default Pst

Quote:
Disney assigned me the job. It was done by us. Replication was done by Sony DADC Austria. I have still few Test discs with me. I will call them and ask the status.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India