Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Short Circuit 2 (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
1 day ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Jiang Ziya (Blu-ray)
$14.96
11 hrs ago
Krull (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$5.99
8 hrs ago
Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Ultraman Taro: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #161

Dec 2009

I don't know if its real, but this is Aditya's website: http://adityamusicindia.com/index.html

If you guys are in India, please send them emails ... call them or visit their store personally and share your opinions with ADITYA. It is not acceptable for them to RUIN the blu-ray for THE BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR.
I will send an email too as soon as I check the Blu-ray.

Aditya Music India Private Limited
3-5-1091/7, Venkateswara Colony - 500029 ,
Hyderabad ,India.
E-mail: info@adityamusicindia.com
Phone: +91 40 24750080
Old 11-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #162

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
Nicely done! Aditya needs to find a replacement for the high school dropout who did the subs for this blu.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #163

Feb 2010

They have a twitter account @adityamusic
Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #164

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by annayya View Post
I don't know if its real, but this is Aditya's website: http://adityamusicindia.com/index.html

If you guys are in India, please send them emails ... call them or visit their store personally and share your opinions with ADITYA. It is not acceptable for them to RUIN the blu-ray for THE BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR.
I will send an email too as soon as I check the Blu-ray.

Aditya Music India Private Limited
3-5-1091/7, Venkateswara Colony - 500029 ,
Hyderabad ,India.
E-mail: info@adityamusicindia.com
Phone: +91 40 24750080
Tried to send them a mail. Bounced back. Their inbox is full!

Watched the blu: One word: Horrible video. No way it is a 7/10. Blacks are BAD. Colors are untrue.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #165

Dec 2009

So, after reading the comments in the eega malayalam bluray thread it is clear that there is a serious issue with the source. This is probably the first time I am hearing where dpx files are messed up. Normally, dpx files quality should be the same as the movie quality in theater. Someone in Rajamoulis team really messed up badly when making the dpx files. These are digital files and they should generally be of excellent quality and I think it's the directors responsibility to check and confirm that the output is good as he knows home video companies will have to use those. Best example is his Maryada ramanna bluray released with very good quality by Sri balaji.

I can understand that Aditya cannot bring details on bluray that don't even exist in the source itself that is provided to them. But they can at least put more efforts in adjusting the colours, contrast and black levels. I will wait for someone to compare and confirm how much better the malayalam bluray is since they have the same bad source given to them and they are working hard to correct what ever they can.

If the source provided is so bad.... I think most of the blame for us to have a bad quality bluray goes to Rajamouli (my favourite director). This is the same director who had a press conference I think to tell people to watch the movies in theaters only and avoid piracy. I agree with him and I would assume someone like him would care about home video buyers who are spending over $30 to get the bluray. If I could watch in theater it would have been cheaper for me. Maryada ramanna bluray was excellent quality and I expected the same or better for eega bluray. Very disappointed at who ever made the dpx files

Please see the eecha bluray thread in this forum for details on the issues with the source.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #166

Jun 2011

EEGA used the same DOP, Director and DPX facility as Magadheera.

So the DPX quality should be good.

Not sure what happened. It could be the DPX exported from the edit suites were done incorrectly by an edit assistant. We are looking into this.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #167

Jul 2010
hyderabad,India
India/Bollywood

This shows our directors who brag so much abt piracy dont even care abt how their product gets converted on home video unlike hollywood where the dir's get involved & approve the release on BD(atleast for blockbusters).
Grow up tollywood

Quote:
So, after reading the comments in the eega malayalam bluray thread it is clear that there is a serious issue with the source. This is probably the first time I am hearing where dpx files are messed up. Normally, dpx files quality should be the same as the movie quality in theater. Someone in Rajamoulis team really messed up badly when making the dpx files. These are digital files and they should generally be of excellent quality and I think it's the directors responsibility to check and confirm that the output is good as he knows home video companies will have to use those. Best example is his Maryada ramanna bluray released with very good quality by Sri balaji.

I can understand that Aditya cannot bring details on bluray that don't even exist in the source itself that is provided to them. But they can at least put more efforts in adjusting the colours, contrast and black levels. I will wait for someone to compare and confirm how much better the malayalam bluray is since they have the same bad source given to them and they are working hard to correct what ever they can.

If the source provided is so bad.... I think most of the blame for us to have a bad quality bluray goes to Rajamouli (my favourite director). This is the same director who had a press conference I think to tell people to watch the movies in theaters only and avoid piracy. I agree with him and I would assume someone like him would care about home video buyers who are spending over $30 to get the bluray. If I could watch in theater it would have been cheaper for me. Maryada ramanna bluray was excellent quality and I expected the same or better for eega bluray. Very disappointed at who ever made the dpx files

Please see the eecha bluray thread in this forum for details on the issues with the source.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #168

Oct 2009

Finally saw this bluray. Only audio is good. The less we talk about video quality the better. Julayi DVD is far better than this bluray.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:48 AM   #169

Dec 2009

Finally got to see the EEGA Blu-ray fully and the Making Videos DVD.
My rating for video quality: 6/10
Audio: 9/10
Movie rating: 10/10

Ironically it says "Experience High Definition" only on EEGA Blu-ray when clearly EEGA was the worst Rajamouli Blu-ray, and I have all of them.
Maryada Ramanna Blu-ray is the best Blu-ray for Rajamouli movie so far. I confirmed my thoughts by playing all the blu-rays again.
I also watched the EEGA making videos fully and noticed how much attention he pays to a movie he makes to even the smallest things. Similar attention to detail can be noticed in Magadheera making video also. I still don't understand how he could give a crappy source to the home video companies to make a shitty quality Blu-ray. I see so many people from popular websites writing reviews about the movie but I think they should also start reviewing and criticizing the Blu-ray quality so the word gets to the Director so he doesn't repeat such mistake again. I believe the home video companies also should be strict with their quality standards and demand a good quality source and if the director is unable to provide a good source, they should ask for a discount. They should alter the contract stating such conditions so a director can't ignore a request from the home video companies regarding quality of the source provided. Its a shame to see a movie like EEGA with such quality

Last edited by annayya; 11-20-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #170
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post
Yeah, I just finished it and the video is a complete mess. Massively crushed blacks, I didn't find the DNR too distracting, but the colors are wrong and the entire final reel is screwed up in terms of brightness levels. Very disappointing. Will definitely be picking up the Malayalam version as soon as I can afford it.
Great review Zombeaner!
http://twitchfilm.com/2012/11/blu-ra...y-blu-ray.html
Old 11-22-2012, 12:52 AM   #171
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post

This just poped up on my facebook so i ran over to Amazon and bought it. I hope the PQ is at least watchable.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #172
Special Member

Apr 2009
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRealist View Post
This just poped up on my facebook so i ran over to Amazon and bought it. I hope the PQ is at least watchable.
Thanks! I just changed the link on my review to Amazon
Old 12-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #173

Dec 2009

Has anyone ever tried for a refund of an Indian bluray because you are not satisfied with the quality of the product?

I never had the need to do it for English but I wonder if amazon considers returns on bluray that is opened. I know they accept returns if you didn't open it or if anything (including packaging/case) is damaged.

Even if I don't open it I doubt if Indian home video companies accept returns at all.

Last edited by annayya; 12-17-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #174
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Quote:
Has anyone ever tried for a refund of an Indian bluray because you are not satisfied with the quality of the product?
Not in the real world.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #175

Mar 2009

Quote:

I never had the need to do it for English but I wonder if amazon considers returns on bluray that is opened. I know they accept returns if you didn't open it or if anything (including packaging/case) is damaged.

Even if I don't open it I doubt if Indian home video companies accept returns at all.
They willnot unless you negotuate exhcnage for the same movie
Old 12-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #176

Mar 2010

Telugu bluray terrible

Last edited by Ferhan; 12-26-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #177

Mar 2010

Just found a really good HD quality of the Tamil version online:

Old 01-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #178
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Watching Hindi version on star plus HD now. Source Video file appears to be decent ...just wish the telugu blu ray was equally good...but from reviews here it appears it is not at all worth buying.

Even though i dont understand telugu, the primary reason i prefer Original language(other than the obvious reason of ridiculous dubbing translations) is the sound mix. In all dubbed versions including for all worldwide films, the re-dub volume manytimes overpowers /underwhelms the score and sound design and seldom do any filmmaker attempt to re-record soundmix for that reason. I wud rather prefer watching original lanuage with subtitles. Sadly, as someone rightly pointed out, it s unacceptable that the best telugu movie of the year has a bad video on blu ray.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:09 PM   #179
Power Member

May 2010

Has anyone here seen the Japanese Blu-Ray of Eega?

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/TCBD-906

Old 11-05-2020, 02:47 AM   #180
Special Member

Aug 2010
Kochi, KL, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragun View Post
Has anyone here seen the Japanese Blu-Ray of Eega?

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/TCBD-906

Though the title is "Eega", specs state only Jap and Hindi tracks. No mention of the original language whatsoever.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India