Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$37.96

Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 09-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal
Default LittleBigPlanet Vita - Out September 25th in NA

In LittleBigPlanet for PlayStation Vita, join Sackboy on a completely new adventure, filled with exploration and competition. Customize Sackboy and the world around you with unique touch and camera Create tools that let you Play with more freedom that ever before. Then discover an endless amount of free games, created and Shared by fans online. LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita is a miniature development kit in the palm of your hand that will allow players to Create a multitude of different experiences—the possibilities are truly endless!

Published by: Sony Computer Entertainment
Developed by: Tarsier Studios, Double Eleven Studios
Genre: Platformer
Release Date:
United States: September 25, 2012
Australia: September 2012
Japan: September 20, 2012
UK: September 19, 2012
E10+ for Everyone 10 and older : Comic Mischief, Language
Also Available On: PS3
Also known as: LittleBigPlanet

Last edited by silversnake; 09-12-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

Did a search and couldn't find it. Wondering if it disappeared with the server crash.

IGN review is up.

Quote:
CLOSING COMMENTS
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is the definitive LittleBigPlanet game. It's everything you loved (or possibly didn't) from the past games boiled down into a package you can play anywhere at any time. You can collect prize bubbles while watching TV, download user-created levels at home and then play them on a plane, and sink the hours into learning create mode via 10-minute chunks at the Laundromat. Then, there's all the new stuff like touch controls, games that don't involve Sackboy, and the creation potential that could give you an endless supply of free games.
Yes, the jumping is still floaty, the creation complicated and the load times a bit too long, but that doesn't stop LittleBigPlanet PS Vita from being an amazing experience.

Presentation
The menus are easy to navigate, and even though it's a handheld game, you feel connected to the online community all the time. Load times for levels could be quicker.

Graphics
Sharp, bright and colorful. There's the occasional clipping problem, but it's a good looking game.

Sound
Stephen Fry is back to narrate the LBP experience, but while enjoyable, the music feels a bit too familiar.

Gameplay
The core LBP experience is as solid as ever and kept fresh with responsive touch controls, new items and clever levels. Creation is going to be great, but it's still complicated.

Lasting Appeal
Once you beat the more than 40 levels, you can double back to collect items and beat levels without dying. Then start trying to master creation. Then play your friends in Versus levels. Then download the crazy crap people are sure to post.

Overall
Old 09-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=174349

Likely a combination of posts deleted during crash, making most recent post in February and the site's search function being as useful as wet match in a dark cave. Hopefully a mod can merge them or something?

Anyway, I knew the game would be really good and I've been looking forward to it for some time now. This and Assassin's Creed are my must have Vita games this fall.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=174349

Likely a combination of posts deleted during crash, making most recent post in February and the site's search function being as useful as wet match in a dark cave. Hopefully a mod can merge them or something?

Anyway, I knew the game would be really good and I've been looking forward to it for some time now. This and Assassin's Creed are my must have Vita games this fall.
Damn it. Hopefully someone can merge them like you said.

And agree with you, can't wait for Assassin's Creed and LBP.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

Very excited for this game with the portability i should actually be able to do some level building. Just could never justify it on console when i had other games to be playing
Old 09-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Apparently Sony lifted the street date and it is being sold now. I called one Gamestop and they said "nope, not out yet, don't have any." Called a second and they said "Yep, Sony lifted it, we've got about 6, come on out."

Will update if I get one. I think it's a good move, after all the good reviews they might as well keep rolling on the positive and not make people wait two weeks.

Fingers crossed!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Got it! Time to get touching

And it looks like, for now, it's just Gamestops and mom & pop shops in US
Old 09-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Canada 🍁

No EB here have it in yet but did confirm they can sell it whenever they do. However, the Wal-Mart near me that sold me Mortal Kombat early when the street date wasn't lifted for that show it in stock so might go see if I have any luck with them. If they answered their phones it would be nice
Old 09-15-2012, 03:16 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

Got mine after recieving a surprise text to pick mine up. Game is amazing although i cant connect online yet. Finished the first world so far. Love the touch controls added. Certainly dont feel tacked on.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:24 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

I'm sure the servers were probably set to go online in about a week haha. Hopefully they go up early next week.

I'm almost done with the first world, it is really fun so far.

Is there a certain point when you unlock create or is that dependent on online connectivity I wonder?

And the trophies aren't syncing either but, again, the game wasn't originally planned to be out right now so I understand.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:55 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

Quote:
I'm sure the servers were probably set to go online in about a week haha. Hopefully they go up early next week.

I'm almost done with the first world, it is really fun so far.

Is there a certain point when you unlock create or is that dependent on online connectivity I wonder?

And the trophies aren't syncing either but, again, the game wasn't originally planned to be out right now so I understand.
I would think the servers would be up since they had them for a beta. I got the create after i finished the first world and tried the arcade. When i left the arcade my world was there. Im presently goong thru the tutorials right now and each one when u finish it gives u quite a few materials and goodies
Old 09-15-2012, 03:59 AM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodintentions View Post
I would think the servers would be up since they had them for a beta. I got the create after i finished the first world and tried the arcade. When i left the arcade my world was there. Im presently goong thru the tutorials right now and each one when u finish it gives u quite a few materials and goodies
Oh cool thanks for the info, I'll try and open up create tonight then.

And yeah they probably were up during the beta but might have been tweaked since then? Not sure, but I figure Sony will get things ironed out when they go back into work Monday. Hopefully haha.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:12 AM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

My trophies synced as well. I have like 4 or 5 % so far. Game is amazing
Old 09-15-2012, 04:36 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodintentions View Post
My trophies synced as well. I have like 4 or 5 % so far. Game is amazing
When I go to trophies, LBP trophies show up on the vita only screen but not on the all trophies screen. And they aren't showing up on any gamercard, not even the official one on playstation.com
Old 09-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

Quote:
When I go to trophies, LBP trophies show up on the vita only screen but not on the all trophies screen. And they aren't showing up on any gamercard, not even the official one on playstation.com
Gotchya. I dont concern with any gamertag sites so i didnt realise that aspect. I really hope playing online with people doest turn into what the other games often did.( people not waiting for others ultimately killing them , etc )i already came across 2 coop areas
Old 09-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Servers go live on the 18th.

Press release:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...ly-on-ps-vita/

Quote:
Hi everyone – production on LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita was completed earlier than expected, and due to the excitement from our retail partners, some have decided to put it on shelves as soon as the product was received. You’ll still be able to fully enjoy all the offline features of the game until that time, but the servers will not go live until September 18th. We apologize for any confusion this may cause and will keep you posted on any further updates.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

Nice to hear you guys are enjoying it I'm going to check EB games tomorrow and see if I have any luck.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

Finished the second world and about a quarter of the tutorials. This game is just amazing. The best lbp by far. Touch controls are used perfectly without being overdone. And being able to use my finger in create is pure genius. My only issue is using the rear touch pad while having to hold the system is a little awkward for my hands. Wwhen u get to that level you know what i mean
Old 09-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Canada 🍁

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
Nice to hear you guys are enjoying it I'm going to check EB games tomorrow and see if I have any luck.
Future Shop have lifted the street date too now. Was able to get it from them without any problems so you might have better luck trying them since EB's across Canada don't seem to have it yet and can simply sell it when they do get it. Unless of course you want the pre-order costumes at EB.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:38 AM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

Im truly amazed at how much they squeezed into this game I cant wait for the servers to go up to play some player made levels.. I have some ideas bouncing around for my own as well
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable