Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.85
12 hrs ago
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.52

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

The Secret Life of Pets 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.72
6 hrs ago
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 02-11-2020, 06:49 AM   #61
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Victorville, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post
I'm seeking an upgrade from a 720p 3D projector to a 1080p 3D projector. I'm willing to spend between $300.00-$550.00 price range. I'm looking also into 1080p 3D mini projectors LED or laser or LED/Laser Hybrids. I would prefer bulbless projectors if any available. Any good suggestions?
I bought the Benq HT2050A, and it's wonderful. 1080P DLP, great 3D with absolutely no ghosting, great contrast and colors. It does have a bulb, and there are brighter projectors, but if you have a light controlled room, it's fantastic. Read the reviews on it - it's largely regarded as about the best under $1000.

If you search around you can get them pretty cheap. I bought mine on ebay for $480, new, from a private party. That was a very good deal, but you can find them in the mid 500's and up.

NOTE: I just checked on ebay, and there's a new one closing tomorrow, currently at $450

Last edited by charlieray1; 02-11-2020 at 06:55 AM.
Thanks given by:
BossTweed (02-12-2020)
Old 02-11-2020, 01:47 PM   #62

Apr 2009
Tristan da Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creature View Post
found a whole heap of cheap 3rd party alternatives that have decent reviews. I don’t even like the official ones, as they reflect whatever is behind you onto the edge of the lenses, which I find very off putting.

Were they the Optoma ZD302’s? What brand are you using now?
Old 02-11-2020, 02:01 PM   #63

Oct 2009
GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyTrix View Post
bit the bullet and purchased the Optoma UHD 51. Now I just have to purchase the extremely expensive glasses.. God I miss the ease of a passive OLED.
Let me know how the 3D is on this projector. This was my wish list Projector for 2 years till my home theater was completed but now I have the Epson 5050ub and was wondering if the Optoma would have better 3D though.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:28 PM   #64

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckyllr View Post
Let me know how the 3D is on this projector. This was my wish list Projector for 2 years till my home theater was completed but now I have the Epson 5050ub and was wondering if the Optoma would have better 3D though.

The 5050ub is a beast!! I still use the mighty 5030ub, and if I move forward, the 5050ub will be next.
Thanks given by:
Regislive (09-12-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 05:45 AM   #65

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCAM View Post
purchased my 120 " UST screen {alr} from Screen Innovations {SI}, perhaps
you could try them !
Hi, I assume your UST projector is able to display 3D video without issue. Any insight would be appreciated!

I saw this
showcasing ALR benefits and I’m researching options available once my 3D tv is gone. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #66

Oct 2009
GA

Just wanted to update with my experience with the Epson 5050ub. I was at first very disappointed with 3D on this set especially coming from my passive 65" LG OLED TV and after demos after demos using Samsung active 3D glasses which I already had from my previous TV... I gave up and strictly used the projector for 2D viewing only and 3D on the LG OLED and this was back in March of this year.

The problem was, any 3D movies I had, the kids wanted to watch it on the big screen and forego the 3D on the LG (I guess screen size does matter... I have 150" screen currently) and they said that 2D on the big screen is better than the 3D on mere 65" TV. So.. I had to give up watching all of my 3D movies to strictly 2D and even though the big screen helps, I was still missing out on the 3D.

So.... being active participant on AVSForums, Epson released a new firmware for my projector and people were using the Xpand X105 3D glasses with really good results so I gave it a shot over the weekend with optimized picture setting as well for 3D and OMG... I was blown away. 3D on the big screen is like an experience like no other. I watched countless demos after demos of many 3D movies and it was so amazing... Epson had too many crosstalk, it was dim, and flickering of the active glasses made the experience really bad but all that was gone now. Not sure if it was the firmware, the new 3D glasses, or what but the 3D experience I was getting far surpassed the experience I have with my passive OLED TV.

So... I brought my kids for a 3D demo and since I only had 1 glasses, I had to do it individually but they were blown away too. They were like OMG OMG...haha... they were blown away like I was. They were saying this was so much better than the TV and even the 3D was more effective they were saying. Anyway, had to order 3 more glasses (they are not cheap btw) so that our family of 4 could enjoy 3D again at last.

With that said, I think a proper projector with right active 3D glasses will blow anyone away and who says 3D is dead? This week, our movie nights will only be in 3D!
Thanks given by:
Paul H (06-15-2020), pickit60 (07-09-2020), reanimator (08-30-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 05:57 PM   #67
Power Member

Oct 2017
Vacationland
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I got a cheap $100 720p 2D projector for the kids for a backyard movie, but I wish there was something good in the under $400 range for 3D. I wouldn't even mind 720p.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:02 PM   #68

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar Colonel View Post
I got a cheap $100 720p 2D projector for the kids for a backyard movie, but I wish there was something good in the under $400 range for 3D. I wouldn't even mind 720p.
Used Benq 1070 or any successor to it? Possibly an Epson 2040/2045 or any successor? ebay 2045
Old 09-20-2020, 01:56 AM   #69
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Victorville, CA

We bought a Benq HT2050A and I give that my highest recommendation. They list for about $700, but can be found much cheaper. I bought mine on ebay, open box, for $450.

The quality is excellent, and the the 3D is perfect with no ghosting at all.
Thanks given by:
Okiephile (10-04-2020), ryudoadema (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 02:13 AM   #70
Power Member

Oct 2017
Vacationland
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryudoadema View Post
Used Benq 1070 or any successor to it? Possibly an Epson 2040/2045 or any successor? ebay 2045
Thanks, but I was thinking brand new. The cheaper listings I see at a quick glance all need new bulbs, not to mention glasses.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:08 AM   #71

Jun 2011

Quote:
Thanks, but I was thinking brand new. The cheaper listings I see at a quick glance all need new bulbs, not to mention glasses.
I have a Vankyo Burger 101 3D Projector. It is more of toy projector. The 3D is ok It doesn't need a bulb. You have to be in close range with your 3D glasses to keep in range with the or you loose 3D.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:12 AM   #72
Power Member

Oct 2017
Vacationland
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
I have a Vankyo Burger 101 3D Projector. It is more of toy projector. The 3D is ok It doesn't need a bulb. You have to be in close range with your 3D glasses to keep in range with the or you loose 3D.
How close do you mean? My setup would be the in-laws' backyard with a firepit nearby.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:10 PM   #73

Jun 2011

Quote:
How close do you mean? My setup would be the in-laws' backyard with a firepit nearby.
Practically next to the Projector itself. I did a review of the Vankyo Burger 101 on my YouTube channel Paul Tweed. To get better results you would need the Benq Projectors.
Thanks given by:
Dollar Colonel (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 10:31 PM   #74
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
What model of active 3D glasses are needed? i.e. Only DLP Link?
Old 12-26-2020, 02:27 AM   #75
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
I was not going to buy a projector as long as 3DTVs were available, but now that 3DTVS are no longer made or available new, I'm giving this a chance because of the positive reviews and low price around $360 new. I wanted a back up for my Active 3DTV, so found a ViewSonic that can project 3D blu rays from an HDMI connection to the blu ray 3D player/PS4/PS3, so instead of connecting to a TV, connecting to the Projector.

PA503W - Bright 3600 Lumens WXGA Home & Office Projector

The ViewSonic® PA503W price-performance projector features 3,600 lumens, native WXGA 1280x800 resolution, and an intuitive, user-friendly design. Exclusive SuperColor™ technology offers a wider color range for lifelike image projection. The PA503W also features extensive connectivity including HDMI, 2 x VGA in, Composite Video, 1 x VGA output, and Audio in/out. An energy-saving SuperEco™ feature reduces power consumption by up to 70%, and extends the lamp life by up to 15,000 hours*. With advanced audiovisual features, flexible connectivity options, and an affordable price, the PA503W is ideal for use in education and small business environments.
*Energy consumption and lamp life may vary based on actual usage and other factors.
Plays Blu ray 3D through HDMI via blu ray 3D player.

I'll give it a try next week hopefully. I'm looking forward to it now that 3D theaters are closed in my area.
Old 12-26-2020, 02:44 AM   #76
Power Member

Oct 2017
Vacationland
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I'll give it a try next week hopefully. I'm looking forward to it now that 3D theaters are closed in my area.
Please let me know how it goes! I'd prefer a 1080p projector, but they're still out of my price range for something I won't use a lot of.
Old 12-26-2020, 03:21 PM   #77

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
What model of active 3D glasses are needed? i.e. Only DLP Link?
I'm using the 3D glasses from my Benq 3D Projector. You would have to experiment to find out what glasses work best. If you are not practically, on top of this projector the glasses won't stay on.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:39 PM   #78
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

Quote:
Please let me know how it goes! I'd prefer a 1080p projector, but they're still out of my price range for something I won't use a lot of.
Thanks.
The ViewSonic PA503W 3600 Lumens projector is working great so far and it's like a movie theater at home. It's a lot of fun now that my theaters are closed. I watched Star Wars New Hope on blu ray and Return of the Jedi blu ray from my PS3 connected to my View Sonic projector, and when Viewsonic loaded it, it displayed a gray box for a couple seconds on the top left, that said 1920x1080.

My only complaint is that with each new selection or video played, you have to manually press the Mode button on the controller and switch to Super Eco mode if you want to conserve on the lamp. The setting resets every single time there's a new selection. It's not programmed well by ViewSonic and not user friendly if you want 15000 hours on the bulb.

One heads up is I powered on the Viewsonic, then shut it off 10 seconds later, then powered on again, but the lamp wouldn't switch on and it was blinking a red light button. I believe this has to do with the lamp not having time to properly cool down after use so they prevent it from working. I unplugged it after a minute, and plugged it in and it started up without any issues. It works great otherwise so this was the only error.

The movie looks great onscreen, and reminds me of when I go to the movies, but because it's such a big screen on the wall, I have no way of accurately measuring if it's really 1920x1080 being projected. Am I impressed with the image? Yes.

I'm just waiting for the 3D glasses to arrive that say they're compatible with this 3DTV. I thought it was going to work with Real D 3D glasses, but I tried them and it's not the same as the movie theater projector at Cinemark.

I'll report back soon.

Quote:
I'm using the 3D glasses from my Benq 3D Projector. You would have to experiment to find out what glasses work best. If you are not practically, on top of this projector the glasses won't stay on.
That stinks. Sorry to hear that.
Thanks given by:
Dollar Colonel (12-31-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors