Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.93
44 min ago
Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Jaws: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 12-06-2018, 12:21 PM   #21
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
I bought four pair of Apeman glasses to go with my BenQ projector as I found their own a bit pricey but have often wondered if my 3D viewing would be enhanced if I purchased the glasses to match.
Yes they cost a little bit more than your average DLP Link glasses, but trust me they make a huge difference. Now that I am using BenQ glasses I am really noticing how subpar the quality of my 3D vieiwing actually was by comparison up to now. (I used to blame it on my projector LOL)
Thanks given by:
Bullitt (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 03:29 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
Yes they cost a little bit more than your average DLP Link glasses, but trust me they make a huge difference. Now that I am using BenQ glasses I am really noticing how subpar the quality of my 3D vieiwing actually was by comparison up to now. (I used to blame it on my projector LOL)
It would cost me 120 to replace my four pair but if I knew it was going to make a big difference then I could justify it.....I guess I could get one pair to see what I think.

Last edited by Bullitt; 12-07-2018 at 03:33 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:11 AM   #23
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
It would cost me 120 to replace my four pair but if I knew it was going to make a big difference then I could justify it.....I guess I could get one pair to see what I think.
Mine came with a 30-day money back guarantee. If yo ucan find a similar deal you can always return them, however if you get the same results I am getting you'd be thankful.
Cheap glasses in my case seemed to also affect the natural hue of the picture (too blue, too green, too red) and I had to constantly adjust picture settings to no avail. Now I can use the same picture settings as 2D and the natural hue of the image is unaffected.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2017

Quote:
Mine came with a 30-day money back guarantee. If yo ucan find a similar deal you can always return them, however if you get the same results I am getting you'd be thankful.
Cheap glasses in my case seemed to also affect the natural hue of the picture (too blue, too green, too red) and I had to constantly adjust picture settings to no avail. Now I can use the same picture settings as 2D and the natural hue of the image is unaffected.
I could only find them.on the bay,brand new but no money back offer.
Anyways,if they turn out to make an improvement then that's great and I will order more and if not,I have another pair if not overpriced glasses to use..
Old 12-07-2018, 05:30 PM   #25
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
I could only find them.on the bay,brand new but no money back offer.
Anyways,if they turn out to make an improvement then that's great and I will order more and if not,I have another pair if not overpriced glasses to use..
Are you in UK?
Old 12-07-2018, 05:56 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Best were the Optoma ones along with their Estar clones. But they're rechargeables. Best with removable battery for me were BenQs.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2017

Quote:
Are you in UK?
Yeah.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #28
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Yeah.
Here in the US we have Projector's People offering a great deal on these glasses with a 30-day money back guarantee policy, no questions asked.

Even though I don't have a BenQ projector these glasses truly make a huge difference compared to your average cheap DLP Link glasses. I will only keep those True Depth glasses as back-up from now or maybe even sell them on eBay
Old 12-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2017

Quote:
Here in the US we have Projector's People offering a great deal on these glasses with a 30-day money back guarantee policy, no questions asked.

Even though I don't have a BenQ projector these glasses truly make a huge difference compared to your average cheap DLP Link glasses. I will only keep those True Depth glasses as back-up from now or maybe even sell them on eBay
I went ahead and ordered a pair so I'll let ya know what I think next week when I get them and try them out...fingers crossed.

I didn't have any issues with the glasses I was using but as I mentioned,I have wondered if I would get better enjoyment from BenQ specs.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:57 PM   #30
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
I went ahead and ordered a pair so I'll let ya know what I think next week when I get them and try them out...fingers crossed.

I didn't have any issues with the glasses I was using but as I mentioned,I have wondered if I would get better enjoyment from BenQ specs.
In my case I was really struggling with 3D on big screen. My projector shoots a beautiful picture but as soon as the glasses were on all colors looked green. It was annoying since 3D on my Oled TV looks gorgeous, but I did not want to be restricted to just 55" viewing.
Let me know how it goes!

Last edited by RockyIII; 12-08-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:21 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2017

Quote:
In my case I was really struggling with 3D on big screen. My projector shoots a beautiful picture but as soon as the glasses were on all colors looked green. It was annoying since 3D on my Oled TV looks gorgeous, but I did not want to be restricted to just 55" viewing.
Let me know how it goes!
Will do RockyIII
Thanks given by:
RockyIII (12-08-2018)
Old 12-23-2018, 11:33 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2017

Ok so I've tried out my BenQ glasses and I can't honestly see any difference in them to my Apemen specs.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:38 PM   #33
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Ok so I've tried out my BenQ glasses and I can't honestly see any difference in them to my Apemen specs.
If you can't return them you still have a great pair of spare 3D glasses I honestly prefer them to all my previous DLP Link glssses
Old 12-24-2018, 05:00 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2017

Quote:
If you can't return them you still have a great pair of spare 3D glasses I honestly prefer them to all my previous DLP Link glssses
I'll hang to them.I don't know if it says more about the BenQ glasses or the Apeman.....probably the latter,hey at least it isn't gonna cost me more to replace those pairs.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:19 PM   #35
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
I'll hang to them.I don't know if it says more about the BenQ glasses or the Apeman.....probably the latter,hey at least it isn't gonna cost me more to replace those pairs.
Or you can use a pair in case you forget to recharge the others
Thanks given by:
Bullitt (12-25-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 12:18 AM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2017

Quote:
Or you can use a pair in case you forget to recharge the others
Haha,indeed,I could have been doing with them a few weeks ago when exactly that happened.

I think these glasses should come with some indication of remaining charge.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:00 PM   #37
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Haha,indeed,I could have been doing with them a few weeks ago when exactly that happened.

I think these glasses should come with some indication of remaining charge.
I have a spare pair of fully charged glasses because of that reason
Old 05-14-2019, 10:19 PM   #38

Sep 2011
Default Active DLP Glasses with larger lenses?

I am looking for a pair of Active DLP Glasses with the largest lenses or at least one's that sits closer to the face so that I won't see as much of the outer area of the frame. Since getting my projector which uses Active DLP 3D I have noticed this issue. It is very noticeable when you go from Passive Glasses like I use with my Vizio and what we use in the Theaters to what I have with my Projector and its Active Glasses. So I have been wondering if there were any Active DLP GLasses that had larger lenses or that sit closer to the face so that it feels the same and allows me to not focus on the frame itself at times, which I tend to do a lot.

Do any of you have any idea on where I could find some?
Old 05-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #39
Expert Member

Mar 2013

I use the Hi-Shock 3D Glasses (on Amazon) and they are regular sizes but I am able to wear close to the eyes by swapping out the nose piece. Comes with I believe 4 different sizes to see which is a best fit for your needs. Work great with my needs and JVC projector setup
Old 06-03-2019, 06:56 PM   #40

Sep 2011

Thanks for the suggestion. Those Hi-Shock look kind of identical to the Boblov brand I got on Amazon. Probably just the same model but rebranded. Mine didn't come with different size nose pieces though. In looking at the Hi-Shock brand on Amazon I am not seeing th list extra nose pieces. If those Hi-Shock do come with them I might just try a pair to see how they fit with different nose pieces.

I did just order a pair of Goswot. They look a little bigger but looks can be deceiving. They also have a feature to convert them into clip-on's, which is the main reason I am going to try them as well. I have a quite a few in the family that use glasses so hopefully they will help in that regards.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors