Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Stalingrad 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.73
1 day ago
The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Good Dinosaur 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.13

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 09-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #21

Jan 2014
Default Passive 3D glasses

Oakley's http://uk.oakley.com/innovation/opti...eriority/hdo3d

These cost too much for me although I would love them.

I am after some curved ones to block out light, I also find the usual passive glasses annoying because I can see frames.

Surely there's some designs that eliminate these problems?

Cheers

Last edited by keenly; 09-03-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:34 AM   #22

Dec 2014

sony are nice, I have some hobbit five armies that i picked up on fleabay for $6 for 3 pairs, both are huge upgrade over my vizio glasses which absolutely are garbage
Old 04-06-2015, 04:58 PM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014
Default Help with Passive Glasses?

I see everyone talking about Oakley but I wasn't really planning on giving seventy quid to a dodgy eBay shop. Oakley have appeared to have taken them off their site.

What else is there? I tried looking on Amazon and eBay and see about a billion pairs all selling for under a quid and from God Knows what sweatshop, I don't trust that.

Seemingly with so few brands out there, how do I know what to buy and what I'm paying for? I'm from the UK I add so all those links in other similar threads to Walmart and Best Buy are utterly useless for my needs.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:18 PM   #24

Oct 2014

I must have 20 or so 3D glasses and clip on's. I found them all about the same in terms of what you see. Some have a slightly darker tint. I also tried a pair of Oakley...but returned them as they were expensive and seemed the same. I would go with the ones that offer the most comfort...with a hint of style. Mostly I use the larger Polaroid ones as they fit over glasses well and are generally comfortable.

Here are some still available if you wish to try Oakley...

http://www.amazon.com/Passive-3D-Gla.../dp/B006RMRBYI
Old 04-10-2015, 08:28 PM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
I must have 20 or so 3D glasses and clip on's. I found them all about the same in terms of what you see. Some have a slightly darker tint. I also tried a pair of Oakley...but returned them as they were expensive and seemed the same. I would go with the ones that offer the most comfort...with a hint of style. Mostly I use the larger Polaroid ones as they fit over glasses well and are generally comfortable.

Here are some still available if you wish to try Oakley...

http://www.amazon.com/Passive-3D-Gla.../dp/B006RMRBYI
Shame that link is the US Amazon for a store that doesn't ship to the UK.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:25 AM   #26

Oct 2014

Maybe try scanning here...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...asses&_sacat=0
Old 04-11-2015, 12:54 AM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
It'll cost me about seventy quid to import some of those white ones from eBay, worth it?
Old 04-11-2015, 04:54 AM   #28

Oct 2014

In my opinion no. I found little difference in what you actually see from the lower priced ones to the higher priced products. These are the best glasses I have (3)...

http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Premi...oid+3d+glasses

But thats just because the fit over glasses well and are reasonably comfortable.
Thanks given by:
Pizzamorg (04-11-2015)
Old 04-11-2015, 12:32 PM   #29
Special Member

Apr 2012

If you have glasses, i find cheap clip ons work fine.

Its the tv that makes the difference in regards to image duplication or bleeding. On my telly now I have none whereas my last had a little bleeding.
Thanks given by:
Pizzamorg (04-11-2015)
Old 04-11-2015, 12:50 PM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

I have a Panasonic Viera and as far as Passive goes I think it's excellent.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:58 AM   #31

Sep 2011

Gunnar Optics used to make pairs of 3D glasses. I got a pair to try them out during a Black Friday Event and they work alright enough. They stopped making them though as most people just save the RealD glasses from theaters so their sales for the glasses were not very high. Probably the same reason as to why Oakley removed them from their site as well.

Anyways... You may be able find the Gunnar 3D Glasses on Amazon.
Other than that some Theaters sell promo 3D Glasses at times for certain movies. I think the new Avengers Movie Age of Ultron is the next movie for this to happen to.

In my opinion though the best are just the regular RealD versions from the theaters. This just not because they are cheaper to get either. In trying so many types I have found that the Basic RealD glasses just give me less issues with the 3D at home and even times in the theaters. I think this is do to the lenses being Flat. The fancy ones like Gunnars and Oakley 3D Glasses have a curved Lens to them. I think the fact that they are curved causes issues sometimes. This is just from what I have seen. In some movies or documentaries the Curved Lens gave me some ghosting and crosstalk where as the Flat Lens did not. At times I thought it was just the content I was watching but when I tested it with different glasses I could see a difference.

I have always wondered what others thought about this (the difference between curve and flat 3D Lens) and their experiences between the two types. I tried to make a thread on it here in the past but it failed to post as I was new to the forums and it wouldn't let me for some reason. LOL

Anyways I think the Curvature of the lens may impact the Polarizing Filter of the lens and probably distorts it a little. Not a lot but enough to notice it at times.
Anyways I would not mind others that have both types of 3D Glasses to do comparisons as well. Watch a few movies and compare the two. I found that pausing the movies on certain scenes helps a little in seeing the difference. It might just be me but I serious think that the Curved Lens are a little worse.

I have three sets of curved Lenses. The Gunnar Gliff 3D Glasses and the Vizio Premium 3D Glasses that came with my TV both seem to be on par with each other but exhibit more issues in certain movies and documentaries over the regular Flat lens like the basic RealD glasses we get in the theaters. My third pair is a Hobbit Promo pair that I got in the theater and they do a little better but the curve in those lens are at the very ends so most of it is flat. At least the parts of it that I actually look through. Probably why they do alright in watching 3D.

Again this is just from my experiences. I would not mind hearing what others think about this though.
Thanks given by:
Pizzamorg (04-18-2015)
Old 04-20-2015, 12:20 PM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

It is possible to have prescription glasses made that support passive 3D, might be worth trying an optician to see what they say? If they can do it, then presumably you have the choice of their entire range (and prices) to choose from
Old 04-20-2015, 06:02 PM   #33
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
It is possible to have prescription glasses made that support passive 3D, might be worth trying an optician to see what they say? If they can do it, then presumably you have the choice of their entire range (and prices) to choose from
Wouldn't those glasses be just really dark all the time?
Old 04-20-2015, 06:21 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013
Lake county, Indiana. Opposite end of Gary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
Wouldn't those glasses be just really dark all the time?
Well...

They are polarized...

And yes, several websites make them. And, you can buy slip on.

Active shutter prescription have been available since 2010.

Last edited by schan1269; 04-20-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:31 AM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

I think the idea is that if you need prescription glasses, you just put these on specifically for 3D viewing, so no need for extra glasses or clip ons on top; I wear glasses but I bought some clip ons that work great, I use them in a cinema too (except for Imax)
Old 10-19-2015, 12:47 AM   #36
Power Member

Aug 2009
Beaufort SC (British Expat)
Default Passive 3D glasses

Just curious what recommendations are out there for some better 3D glasses than those that come with the 3D Tv's.
I know that the Oakley gascans and the rocketfish are supposed to be good,
But im looking at spending less that $70 for a pair lol.
Been looking into trying to get a pair of curved ones..
Old 10-19-2015, 05:20 AM   #37
Expert Member

Mar 2013

If you just need passive. Try just grabbing a few from a movie theatre. Sure they are cheap but no money out of your pocket and they work. Some will be nice enough to give you a few for free (i use too) Also being close to Halloween, just say you need a few for some costumes as nerd glasses
Old 10-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #38
Power Member

Aug 2009

yea i got loads from the cinema's as well as 2 x2 packs of LG AF 200's plus the LG cylindrical box of 6.
Out of all those the only pair that are really comfortable is the AG-F 260 metal frames,and even as comfortable as they are,when watching the TV you do still get a glare from behind in the side of the lens, which is quite annoying ( if that makes sense).
Maybe i should just be happy with what i got
Old 10-20-2015, 02:24 AM   #39

Sep 2014
California
Lightbulb 3D Glasses

I use the True Depth 3D circular polarized glasses , I also have a pair of Oakley glasses & the terminator style glasses.

The True Depth glasses block the "side glare" better and are flat black.

http://www.amazon.com/True-Depth-Cir...+depth+passive

http://www.berezin.com/3d/3dglasses.htm

Old 10-21-2015, 01:27 AM   #40
Power Member

Aug 2009

Thanks for the input..
Ive her watching these on the bay :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121153772536...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and the same ones on amazon UK ,looks like they got some good reviews also:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CLE8X7K?keywords=passive%203D%20glasses&qid=144 5387369&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors