Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
 
The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96
 
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89
 
Jaws: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50
 
Monster Hunt (Blu-ray)
$15.49
 
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99
 
House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
 
Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
The Secret Life of Pets 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.72
 
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2018, 03:25 PM   #101
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc88keyz View Post
Maybe they can be used as blood , fluid shields as well. Per description...

The 3D circular polarising disposable eye shield fits into the shield frame that is light and comfortable to wear for extended periods. Wearing the eye shield and frame, healthcare professionals are protected from blood splashes, body fluids typically encountered in the Operation Room during clinical procedures.
The 2D mark on the lens is significant to me as the shield is cast in one piece. All 3D glasses I'm aware of have separate left and right polarization lenses. I have never heard of seamless progressive polarization casting.

size crop.jpg

Last edited by Paul H; 10-23-2018 at 03:38 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:52 PM   #102
SLYDoggie SLYDoggie is offline
Active Member
 
SLYDoggie's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
Nashville, TN
Default

I wear glasses and bought two pair of 3D Glasses on Amazon that work great... Much better than the ones the theaters provide free. the lenses are much larger, fit great over my glasses, and don't block any of your vision... They still have the "darkening" effect but, unfortunately, there is no getting around that with the current state of 3D.



The reason I bought 2 pair is that one is for RealD 3D and the other is for IMAX 3D. If anybody is interested, here is the US Amazon link --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D442Z9M/


They even come with a microfiber cloth case... A great $14 investment.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Dubstar (12-21-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 12:58 AM   #103
Dubstar Dubstar is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Dubstar's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock
1
187
1925
301
4
33
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
I wear glasses and bought two pair of 3D Glasses on Amazon that work great... Much better than the ones the theaters provide free. the lenses are much larger, fit great over my glasses, and don't block any of your vision... They still have the "darkening" effect but, unfortunately, there is no getting around that with the current state of 3D.



The reason I bought 2 pair is that one is for RealD 3D and the other is for IMAX 3D. If anybody is interested, here is the US Amazon link --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D442Z9M/


They even come with a microfiber cloth case... A great $14 investment.
thanks - since my Polaroid glasses don't fit over my prescribed glasses, these sound like a good idea.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:32 PM   #104
grodd grodd is offline
Special Member
 
grodd's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Northern CA
3
Default

The CFV-E30SK are 3D and say 3D on the side. The they also make a 2D model which is the CFV-E20SK which says 2D on the side

https://cdn-docs.av-iq.com/brochure/...K_Brochure.pdf

For those curious The CFV-E30SK weighs a total of .81 oz (23g) with frame.

The older BKM-30G weighs in at .65 oz (18g)

So these new ones are a bit heavier.
The BKM-30GM/31GM has the same polarization characteristics as the CFV-E30SK/E20SK.
So the main reason to get the newer ones would be size of the frame and price if you can get the others less than $75.

https://shop.visuals.ch/en/medical-m...hield-kit.html

http://www.videolinea.com/shop/new/c...3d-eye-shield/

Last edited by grodd; 01-04-2019 at 09:42 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Paul H (01-05-2019)
Old 03-13-2020, 05:37 PM   #105
GenPion GenPion is online now
Blu-ray.com Reviewer
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Texas
420
2476
3
218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
Specifically for eyeglass wearers, the best inexpensive passive glasses I've tried are the stock Sony 3D glasses they bundled with their passive 3D sets (TGD-500P); their light-weight, minimalist design allows them to comfortably fit over the frame of most prescription glasses.
I wanted to thank you for your suggestion. I ordered a set of these glasses and agree that these are extremely comfortable over eyeglasses without the need for clip ons.

What I was surprised to discover is that not only are these passive 3D glasses more comfortable (and almost weightless) but the quality of the lenses was noticeably superior to stock RealD 3D glasses.

Has anyone with professional Sony BKM-30/31 glasses tried these Sony TDG-500P glasses? It seems like the quality of the lenses on even the basic 3D pairs is excellent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #106
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post


Has anyone with professional Sony BKM-30/31 glasses tried these Sony TDG-500P glasses? It seems like the quality of the lenses on even the basic 3D pairs is excellent.
Will have to compare. Haven't used the TDG-500P in years.

IMG_0011 1.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GenPion (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 08:11 PM   #107
GenPion GenPion is online now
Blu-ray.com Reviewer
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Texas
420
2476
3
218
Default

I would have bought the premium pair but they seem to be unavailable anywhere. I was immediately stricken by the clear improvement even the TDG-500P offered over regular RealD 3D glasses.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Paul H (03-13-2020)
Old 03-14-2020, 02:28 PM   #108
reewinder reewinder is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
reewinder's Avatar
 
Apr 2017
Washington state
94
465
1
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Will have to compare. Haven't used the TDG-500P in years.

Attachment 236814
I own both types of these and they both perform quite well and I would recommend using either if you can. Definitely a step up from the typical glasses they hand out in movie theaters. Me and my wife would regularly use the TDG-500P at home and also bring them to the theater to watch 3D movies until I got my hands on the BKM-30G's. They perform nearly identical and are less dark than other glasses I've tried to it seems to help brighten up dark 3D viewing. The benefit of the BKM's is they are ultra light and you won't hardly notice you have them on at all......super comfy.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GenPion (03-15-2020), Paul H (03-14-2020)
Old 06-04-2020, 07:34 PM   #109
mar3o mar3o is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Dec 2011
2
Default Looking for replacement glasses for passive LG TV

All my cheapo LG passive 3D glasses are broken now. I'm very careful with things but they're just cheap and tend to break - each pair now has at least one broken ear, and they tend to scratch easily.

I could order more official LG glasses from Ebay but they'd be the same flimsy glasses that will just break again.

I have a few pairs of the RealD glasses you get from the theatre, but I have two different styles apparently. I noticed the ones in the black plastic packaging are more neutral, but the ones in the blue packaging have a noticeable yellow tint, and it throws the color off noticeably. The LG glasses are more neutral, allowing the movie's color to look more accurate. The RealD glasses are also somewhat tight and bulky.

I'm looking at the Edimensional passive glasses on Amazon and they seem like a good alternative - they claim to be light and scratch-resistant. The LG glasses were easy to scratch even with a microfiber cloth. Does anybody have any experience with these? Amazon lists them as "ED 4-pack" or "ED 8-pack". Do these have a yellow tint, or are they more neutral? How well do they fit over glasses?

The big thing is I don't want glasses with a yellow tint, and it would be nice if they didn't scratch the first time I clean them with a microfiber cloth.

EDIT: Seems the Edimensional glasses have a yellowish tint according to one thorough review on Amazon comparing them to several others. "Slight yellowish hue and noticeably lower contrast that slightly washed the space scenes."

How about the Sony TGD-500P stock glasses? I've never tried those.

Last edited by mar3o; 06-05-2020 at 02:29 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:17 PM   #110
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
All my cheapo LG passive 3D glasses are broken now. I'm very careful with things but they're just cheap and tend to break - each pair now has at least one broken ear, and they tend to scratch easily.

I could order more official LG glasses from Ebay but they'd be the same flimsy glasses that will just break again.

I have a few pairs of the RealD glasses you get from the theatre, but I have two different styles apparently. I noticed the ones in the black plastic packaging are more neutral, but the ones in the blue packaging have a noticeable yellow tint, and it throws the color off noticeably. The LG glasses are more neutral, allowing the movie's color to look more accurate. The RealD glasses are also somewhat tight and bulky.

I'm looking at the Edimensional passive glasses on Amazon and they seem like a good alternative - they claim to be light and scratch-resistant. The LG glasses were easy to scratch even with a microfiber cloth. Does anybody have any experience with these? Amazon lists them as "ED 4-pack" or "ED 8-pack". Do these have a yellow tint, or are they more neutral? How well do they fit over glasses?

The big thing is I don't want glasses with a yellow tint, and it would be nice if they didn't scratch the first time I clean them with a microfiber cloth.

EDIT: Seems the Edimensional glasses have a yellowish tint according to one thorough review on Amazon comparing them to several others. "Slight yellowish hue and noticeably lower contrast that slightly washed the space scenes."

How about the Sony TGD-500P stock glasses? I've never tried those.
When using micro fiber cloths that are made for delicate camera lenses, prescription glasses and screens, I never experience any scratching of the delicate plastic surfaces from LG passive 3D glasses.

The Sony TDG-550P Passive 3D glasses are very good quality, but like any lightweight plastic glasses of good quality, will need proper care.

See: Best passive 3D glasses - recommendations / discussion

Last edited by Paul H; 06-05-2020 at 05:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #111
RXP RXP is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2008
Default

I've been wanting better passive glasses for a while. The brightness of my C6 means I get glare in many scenes. I just ran a 3D LUT after glasses in MadVR which improved the colours, greyscale and contrast/gamma dramatically with the LG glasses. Now I'm going to have to run new 3D LUTs for the different glasses because they have different tints. First world problems!

Picked up the Sony TDG-500s and what I'm hoping is a good pair from Germany.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:04 AM   #112
RXP RXP is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2008
Default

So they turned up - the Sony TDG500s looked the same as the LG Cinema ones that came with my C6. In fact - the fit is worse so I won't be using them.

The Schleiter & Jauernig are very good! They look like proper glasses with very large frames. They sit on your face just like proper glasses and have proper nose pads. The lenses are also much thicker and have slightly better clarity than the LG cinema ones.

All glasses have identical coloring and brightness loss.

I am very happy with the Schleiter & Jauernig ones. Was a bit surprised how identical they all were for colour and light attenuation. I strongly suggest instead of chasing glasses for that - you calibrate or generate a 3D LUT if you can after glasses. That way whatever colour of light loss the glasses provide you'll have a perfect picture.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:20 AM   #113
philsfan philsfan is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2009
Lancaster, PA
285
729
1
Default Any recs for the best passive glasses?

Currently have Oppo 203 to LG E6P set up and using passive glasses from Amazon made by E Dimensional. I believe they work well, but always on the lookout for "better." Any ones you think are amazing, and why? Thanks in advance
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04 PM.