Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Short Circuit 2 (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
1 day ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Jiang Ziya (Blu-ray)
$14.96
11 hrs ago
Krull (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$5.99
8 hrs ago
Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Ultraman Taro: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #41
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Huddersfield

sorry for anyone who payed for this or the Vidhaata blu-ray.

Looks like I'll be sticking with my Shemaroo DVD copy (which still isnt the best of prints)
Old 05-04-2013, 05:48 AM   #42

Nov 2011
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by srkbeno.1 View Post
those look terrible .. ill wait for movie mania review.
What should I review. They haven't left any thing to be reviewed.

Most pathetic work till now..
Old 05-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #43
Special Member

Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay0864 View Post
You guys are overlooking the fact that this is from 'Eagle'. Enough said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay0864 View Post
Everything that I have ever seen from Eagle has been beyond bad. This is including their blu-ray release of 'The Reader', which was even beyond pathetic. I have not seen the 'Gangs of Wasseypur' blu-ray, so cannot comment on it. But their last DVD that I saw, that of 'Gulaal', was one of the worst DVDs I have ever seen and believe me as a movie buff from India, I have seen my share of 'bad' DVDs.
I stand vindicated.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #44

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by technobhatt View Post
Haha....that's not a appropriate thing to say here...

Wish I could do that. The problem is ...I have tried my best to break the encryption on the recorded content from Airtel HD DVR, but not yet successful.
The only way to see the recorded content is from STB, I have been unsuccessful to copy from STB and play the recorded file (stream.str) on computer. All I could do max was to upgrade the HDD from 320GB to 2TB.
You're welcome to PM me any knowledge base or links on ..how to view recorded content from STB on a computer using any media player.
I have known these guys from zulm.net, faddy and Ali they could be a valuable resource though
Old 05-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #45

Feb 2010
Angry

Even as much as I hate Eagle etc etc but they did make a good Nagina DVD though. Whether it still works or not has to be seen?
I wish I would have my own server and would upload all this crap and literally bomb or burn the trash hard copies ;(
Old 05-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #46

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMania View Post
What should I review. They haven't left any thing to be reviewed.

Most pathetic work till now..
Dude it is only worth pissing on
Old 05-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #47

Mar 2010

This is what you should do with the discs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcuxG...utu.be&t=14m4s
Old 05-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #48

Jan 2010

GUPT Bluray is a Shame.. PQ is as good as a CD movie and AQ is MONO!!!!!;same sound f
rom all 5 channels! Seems Eagle eagle bought a VCD and converted it to bluray using crap video converter so it increased to several GBs. Eagle should be Banned or we shud Sue the company for cheating.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #49
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhan View Post
This is what you should do with the discs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcuxG...utu.be&t=14m4s
OMG, what was that...!!!???
Old 01-06-2015, 04:50 AM   #50
Special Member

Dec 2014
Question

Does anyone know if Eagle will re-author or re-master GUPT and VIDHAATA?

Eagle has digitally remastered SWADES bluray recently.

If this is the case, they could re-author GUPT and VIDHAATA which were horrible quality wise.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:58 AM   #51
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

Actually some of the people who are interested in "Gupt" and "Vidhaata" has already purchased and regretted. If they re-master now and re-release, definitely the no. of sale wouldn't be as expected.
Anyway, I still couldn't understand who suggested Eagle to release the VCD/DVD content on Blu-ray, just like burn/press that content on BDs and release in the market.
Nowadays company re-master the movie as per Blu-ray (Full HD) standard and use that source for all below formats like DVDs/VCDs, that's the quality of the DVDs of NEW FILMS are better than ever. But if we use lower resolution formats (mastered for DVDs) and upscale it to BDs, then definitely it will be inferior. I guess this is what Eagle did for "Gupt, Vidhaata and Maqbool".
Old 01-06-2015, 07:04 AM   #52
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

Actually some of the people who are interested in "Gupt" and "Vidhaata" has already purchased and regretted. If they re-master now and re-release, definitely the no. of sale wouldn't be as expected.
Anyway, I still couldn't understand who suggested Eagle to release the VCD/DVD content on Blu-ray, just like burn/press that content on BDs and release in the market.
Nowadays companies re-master the movie as per Blu-ray (Full HD) standard and use that source for all below formats like DVDs/VCDs, that's why the quality of the DVDs of NEW FILMS are better than ever. But if we use lower resolution formats (mastered for DVDs) and upscale it to BDs, then definitely it will be inferior. I guess this is what Eagle did for "Gupt, Vidhaata and Maqbool".
Old 01-10-2015, 05:11 AM   #53
Special Member

Dec 2014

Prepress

Thats really sad if it is true.

GUPT, VIDHAATA & MAQBOOL all 3 are unique films.

GUPT is a rare bollywood suspense thriller that works. & It has incredible songs and cinematography by Ashok Mehta.

VIDHAATA is probably Ghai's best work as a director with Dilip Kumars incredible preformance.

MAQBOOL is Bhardwaj's best work & this includes HAIDER. It had incredible screenplay and great performances by Irrfan Khan, tabu and Pankaj Kapoor.

unfortunately, all 3 movies are ruined for good on Blu Ray. now 4k is the only hope in next couple of years.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:30 AM   #54
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustani View Post
unfortunately, all 3 movies are ruined for good on Blu Ray. now 4k is the only hope in next couple of years.
Thanks given by:
HDDCS (01-10-2015)
Old 01-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #55
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustani View Post
Yes, but 4K for Hindi movies is above 10 years game (may be more). World has just started to work on 4K BDs, even only on famous titles. Keep in mind that English movies has global market.

General thing : We don't have BD's of many Milestones (movies) of Indian Cinema (JUST FULL HD, not asking more), so can't expect 4K. That's different thing some directors like Karan Johar, Sanjay Leela Bhansali or Farah Khan process their BDs from 4K Master. Like Sajid Nadiadwala done for Housefull (Highlighted for : First Time Mastered from 4K Digital Negative Source). See on the BD cover.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:20 AM   #56
Special Member

Dec 2014

Prepress,

I think it has more to do with Sajid Khan than Sajid Nadiadwala. Recently, there was an article about Sajid Khan installing "DOLBY ATMOS" in his home. As bad of a director as he is, he is quite tech savvy. He probably wants the same for his fans & hence we see HOUSEFULL and HOUSEFULL 2 "mastered in 4K". & I respect that.

on the other hand.

Indian's biggest global icon, SRK owns India's best VFX/SFX/CGI facility called RED CHILLIES VFX & he often gives interviews about how he loves his fans. On the other hand, its easy for SRK to buy copyrights for all his early starring films from RAJU BAN GAYA...to..BAAZIGAR...to..KHKN...to...DIL SE etc etc and remix audio into DTS and scan the masters in 4k and restore & remaster them at RED CHILLIES. At the most, it will cost him 10 crores for all his early films that are not YRFs productions.

With the twitter fan following SRK has, imagine he announces Red Chillies is releasing "mastered in 4k" BAAZIGAR blu ray with Director's commentary. In no time, he can sell them out.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:53 AM   #57
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

^ Agree, but ultimately he will think about the recovery+profit from that investment. We are talking about it because we are interested to get those movies on Blu-ray. But the mass market is happy with the DVDs and watching them on satellite channels.

I would appreciate if somebody (any Actor/Director) take initiative to release his all/hit movies on Blu-ray, like Yash Chopra tried. Definitely it is easy job for SRK as he has to pay the Copyrights only and as the processing/remastering part will be in-house, it will cost him less.
For other actors it will cost on both ways, but may be for director it is easy to pay the re-mastering cost.
I would like to mention some banner names for BDs
Yash-Raj Films, R.K. Films, Mukta Arts, Trimurti Films, Navketan Films, Rajshri Productions, Vishesh Films etc.

By the way, I have copy of DEI Baazigar and it has perfect/accurate colors and quality.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:53 AM   #58
Special Member

Dec 2014

Prepress,

totally agreed. I have followed CES news closely this year & I am delighted that UHD 4K stuff will be popularized this year in USA in late 2015.

& in 4K, these bollywood stuff cannot be 'faked' off DVD 480p. Even that itunes 720p upload stuff cannot be 'faked' upconverted to 4k.

The source material has to be minimum 1080p full HD for upconversion & this will eventually force Bollywood to go the Blu Ray way because streaming is still weak.

India is always a year behind west (US, UK, Europe) in catching up with technological advancements electronically. 2016 may be the year we'll see bollywood release many of their movies in 1080p Blu Ray format both old and new stuff.

If you recall...
VCD were way popular in India when DVD was popular in West.

Now that Blu Rays are popular in West, DVD is popular in India

Laser Disc was not popular in West but widely available but India was still stuck on VHS in 1980s and 1990s.

in so many words, a new technological advancement is needed to force Bollywood to adapt soon to be abandoned technology in its wake.

Once hollywood goes UHD 4k in Blu Ray, bollywood will go 1080p Blu Ray widely.

always a step behind.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #59

Jul 2019
Birmingham UK

Need a bit of an enquiry which version of GUPT is best to buy from EBay & why?

1.EROS

2.Shemaroo

3.Egel (I know looking at the forum it’s must avoid)

Last edited by BollywoodGuy; 12-28-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-26-2020, 12:14 AM   #60

Sep 2010
Antwerp, Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BollywoodGuy View Post
Need a bit of an enquiry which version of GUPT is best to buy from EBay & why?

1.EROS

2.Shemaroo

3.Egel (I know look at the forum must avoid)
Always check out Zulm.net for info & screenshots of bollywood dvd's.

Take a look at their "Gupt" dvd screenshot thread here =>
http://www.zulm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1732
Thanks given by:
BollywoodGuy (12-28-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India