Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Shenmue III (PS4)
$9.99

Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$36.04

XIII (PS4)
$24.00

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$19.93

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
$39.99

The Fisherman: Fishing Planet (PS4)
$27.99

Who Wants to Be A Millionare (PS4)
$19.99

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood (PS4)
$49.99

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of An Elusive Age (PS4)
$32.85

DiRT 5 (PS4)
$34.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #861
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Just as a little update I've finally managed to get to Old Town and I really feel like the game has opened up a lot. Obviously there are some really tough enemies in Old Town so the difficulty has ramped up a bit but I'm pretty levelled up at the mo so not finding it too hard.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (09-14-2017), Mobe1969 (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 09:51 AM   #862
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Just as a little update I've finally managed to get to Old Town and I really feel like the game has opened up a lot. Obviously there are some really tough enemies in Old Town so the difficulty has ramped up a bit but I'm pretty levelled up at the mo so not finding it too hard.
Nice! Thanks for the update. Just today I was thinking I should PM you and see how you were doing with the game. Congrats on winning the boss fight in the arena and making it to Old Town. That fight can be difficult on your own. That boss fight is way easier on multiplayer because it doesn't regenerate his health when he kills you the way it does when you fight him on your own. I did it on hard mode on my own. wasn't sure I could even do it, took me forever.

Yeah it's nice old town really opens thing up. And true there are some tougher enemies but also better weapons to find there. A little tip. Unless you need to break them down for the metal parts. Sell all those extra weapons you find in old town that you don't need for the cash. You get a lot of green level weapons off humans.

Another tip for killing those Demolishers. They are actually really easy not even sure if this works during the boss fight, maybe it does, but I figured it out since the last time I did that arena boss fight. You can kill one of those Demolishers with two hits. Just got to be brave. Run up jump up, bonk him on the head to knock off his helmet. Jump up again and bonk him on the head again and he dies. Just like that, Easy. My character is stronger than yours probably, but still you should try it. Should work. I used to just dodge him until he gets tired then get a couple hits in and slowly wear him down. But it's just so easy to kill them now. Just bonk em on the head twice and he is dead. Sometimes I don't even bother trying to dodge him. I can take a hit after the first bonk if I have to, Just get up and bonk him again. lol. They usually leave the big hammers and axes, or sometimes good weapon mods.

Really glad you decided to stick with it. It's such a fun game.
Thanks given by:
Mobe1969 (09-14-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 08:45 AM   #863
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

That's great advice, thanks! I did wonder how I was going to take out those demolishers as they seem to be so heavily armoured. I'll try your technique out. I've gone back to the slums as I realised I had a lot of side quests to finish up and I want to get them done before tackling Old Town in full although perhaps there's a lot of back n forth coming up in the main story, I'm not sure.

The stadium fight was very tough but I only died once I think, bear in mind I'm only playing on normal though so it wouldn't have been nearly as difficult as your playthrough on hard!
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 06:33 AM   #864
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Quote:
That's great advice, thanks! I did wonder how I was going to take out those demolishers as they seem to be so heavily armoured. I'll try your technique out. I've gone back to the slums as I realised I had a lot of side quests to finish up and I want to get them done before tackling Old Town in full although perhaps there's a lot of back n forth coming up in the main story, I'm not sure.

The stadium fight was very tough but I only died once I think, bear in mind I'm only playing on normal though so it wouldn't have been nearly as difficult as your playthrough on hard!
Yeah it takes a while attacking the body. They are very vulnerable on the head though. Might work the same way with a gun or arrows too. Or maybe even throwing weapons. But I don't use them very often. Yeah, there is a lot of side quests to do... Not a lot of back and forth story missions though. But I do go back to the slums and play quite a bit. Each map has it's attributes that I like. Old Town is the best for the Parkour. You can get running and leaping and feeling like you are just flying across the city. I've done a few of the running challenges in Old Town they are pretty tough, but fun. Feels like a racing game when you do them.

Nice work only dying once during the arena fight. Yeah it was really hard beating him on hard mode without help. The weak weapon I had that they give you was broken and I had no way to repair it. There was another spot later that was even harder on hard mode. I was stuck on it and it seemed impossible. I opened my game up to co-cop hoping someone would join and help me get through it but no one joined. Eventually I figured out a way to do it though. Other than those two spots the rest wasn't too bad. Just the annoying other things that I don't like about hard mode to deal with. Like flashlight constantly fading out on you. No survivor sense. Little things like that.

The shitty thing is the only reason I was playing it through on hard mode is because I wanted to get the glow in the dark skeleton outfit that you get for beating the story on hard mode. After I beat it I didn't even get the outfit. At one point I had briefly left my game and joined someone elses game. And then went back to my game. And I didn't know that the rule was that you have to play it on hard all the way through to the end without leaving to another game in order to get the outfit, so I got screwed out of it. And didn't want to go do it again. Maybe I will with someone on co-op sometime.

Though as disappointed as I was about that, I don't really care because now I have an outfit I like a lot better anyways that I got on The Following map. My character has The Dying Light T-shirt. Says Dying Light on the back of it. And on the front it has the cover image from the Dying Light game box. And I have the matching paint job for my buggy too. I'd love to have that T-shirt for real.

In The Following game you get the outfit for doing the alternate/secret ending on The Following map. If you want it you can look it up on you tube how to do it, it's not that hard. You just have to go collect a couple key cards and then take them and go use them on something. For the matching buggy paint job, I don't even remember where it was. Someone I was playing with took me to it. But I'm sure you could look up the location of it on you tube.

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 09-16-2017 at 06:40 AM.
Thanks given by:
levcore (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 01:46 PM   #865
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

I do wonder what the benefit/ point of outfits in Dying Light is when you can't see your character!
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 08:17 PM   #866
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Quote:
I do wonder what the benefit/ point of outfits in Dying Light is when you can't see your character!
Ha, true that. I guess it's more of a co-op thing. How you appear to other players. When I first saw someone's character wearing that Dying Light T-shirt I was like oh wow, that is so cool, I want it! Same with the glowing skeleton. It's pretty cool seeing someone running around the night sequence looking like a glow in the dark skeleton. That was the first one that I saw that I thought look cool enough that I wanted to go through the effort to get.

But You are right on single player it doesn't matter too much. Some outfits have different gloves so you can see your hands differently I guess. The Volatile hunter outfit is kind of fun to wear you can see the glowing orange gloves in the dark.

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 03-12-2018 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:35 AM   #867
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Well I finished the main story yesterday, great fun and I had a blast with it. So glad I didn't give up like I was going to. On to The Following now although I might take a slight break and play something else first. I did start The Following yesterday and did the first mission. The change in environment is nice with big open fields etc.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (03-08-2018)
Old 03-08-2018, 08:14 PM   #868
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Quote:
Well I finished the main story yesterday, great fun and I had a blast with it. So glad I didn't give up like I was going to. On to The Following now although I might take a slight break and play something else first. I did start The Following yesterday and did the first mission. The change in environment is nice with big open fields etc.
Glad you stuck with it. Hope you enjoyed The Following. And the buggies.

After being severely limited in a few VR games by bad judgement in character controls by developers I'm really craving to be set free again in Dying Light for a while.

Just have to spend some time running climbing leaping from roof top to roof top leaping off buildings swinging from my grapple hook and bashing in some zombie skulls and splitting them in half right down the middle with my Axe!
Thanks given by:
levcore (03-09-2018), Mobe1969 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #869
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

After getting used to the buildings of the city in the main game and how easy and fun they were to traverse, I found I really struggled with the open environments in The Following. I only played the first few missions last year though, I do intend to go back to it at some point, I've just got so many games lined up.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (03-12-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 08:37 PM   #870
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
Glad you stuck with it. Hope you enjoyed The Following. And the buggies.

After being severely limited in a few VR games by bad judgement in character controls by developers I'm really craving to be set free again in Dying Light for a while.

Just have to spend some time running climbing leaping from roof top to roof top leaping off buildings swinging from my grapple hook and bashing in some zombie skulls and splitting them in half right down the middle with my Axe!
The freedom of movement in the game is just unparalleled. Once you get used to the controls, and skill up (especially the grapple), it is just awesome. There is none of this corralled feeling of most games where you can't get over a stupid obstruction due to the small world. And the way the game opens up, it is just huge. I mean when I started and it was just the slums, all to the bridge, I thought it was huge. Then old town opened. Then we got The Following...

I'm the same,, I just keep getting drawn back to it again and again.
Thanks given by:
levcore (03-12-2018), Lovemy3D (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 01:10 AM   #871
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Quote:
After getting used to the buildings of the city in the main game and how easy and fun they were to traverse, I found I really struggled with the open environments in The Following. I only played the first few missions last year though, I do intend to go back to it at some point, I've just got so many games lined up.
Yeah it's different to get used to and so huge. The buggy is a great thing to get around in. Especially after you have it fully upgraded with all the features. Like electric cage.

They added a few things to the game too. Like a silencer blueprint that you can get from the quartermaster. So you can craft a silencer to get silent headshot kills with pistols that will not attract attention. Not even at night. A new bad ass looking battle axe (Which is my thing. I want it!) And some kind of special dagger. I didn't figure out where to find those yet though. But I got the silencer blueprint. There is some other new stuff too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
The freedom of movement in the game is just unparalleled. Once you get used to the controls, and skill up (especially the grapple), it is just awesome. There is none of this corralled feeling of most games where you can't get over a stupid obstruction due to the small world. And the way the game opens up, it is just huge. I mean when I started and it was just the slums, all to the bridge, I thought it was huge. Then old town opened. Then we got The Following...

I'm the same,, I just keep getting drawn back to it again and again.
yeah I love the freedom of movement and parkour so much. Been playing Dying Light off and on since the first day of it's release. Ever do any of the running challenges? It's like a parkour racing game trying to beat the clock. They are pretty difficult but fun and satisfying if you complete them successfully.

It was weird trying to used to it again after being in VR so much lately though. I want Dying Light in VR!
Thanks given by:
levcore (03-12-2018), Mobe1969 (03-12-2018), Zivouhr (03-13-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #872
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Just reading about it again here makes me want to jump back in. I've got Fallout 4, Witcher WildHunt and Dishonored 2 on the go concurrently so way too much to focus on already lol.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (08-26-2019), Zivouhr (03-13-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 08:37 PM   #873
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
Yeah it's different to get used to and so huge. The buggy is a great thing to get around in. Especially after you have it fully upgraded with all the features. Like electric cage.

They added a few things to the game too. Like a silencer blueprint that you can get from the quartermaster. So you can craft a silencer to get silent headshot kills with pistols that will not attract attention. Not even at night. A new bad ass looking battle axe (Which is my thing. I want it!) And some kind of special dagger. I didn't figure out where to find those yet though. But I got the silencer blueprint. There is some other new stuff too.

yeah I love the freedom of movement and parkour so much. Been playing Dying Light off and on since the first day of it's release. Ever do any of the running challenges? It's like a parkour racing game trying to beat the clock. They are pretty difficult but fun and satisfying if you complete them successfully.

It was weird trying to used to it again after being in VR so much lately though. I want Dying Light in VR!
No I never really got into the challenges. I'm the type of old school gamer who can't stand old school gaming type challenges, or a lot of the new stuff like trophies and multiplayer I'll never join psn, and I have notifications all off, and zero friends... I just play story based games.

I haven't tried the silencer, actually. I just use the crossbow. I've never actually fired a pistol in the game. The rifles in person combat missions.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (08-26-2019)
Old 03-13-2018, 04:59 AM   #874
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Yes, a PSVR version would be ideal for a game like this.
Impressive that DLC is still being offered for Dying Light from a number of years back.
Thanks given by:
levcore (03-13-2018), Lovemy3D (08-26-2019)
Old 08-29-2018, 01:45 PM   #875
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

I've just started getting back into The Following after having finished off a few other games. I love this world so much and whilst I'm not enjoy the open environments of The Following as much as the city, it's still great fun. Sometimes it can be a little frustrating driving around in the buggy as you're so close to the ground, you don't have great visibility and what with lots of long grass etc it can be hard to see where you're going. I also have to keep pausing to look at the map to make sure I'm on the right paths/ roads.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 03:59 PM   #876
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Yes. Still waiting for a really good VR zombie apocalypse game. Arizona sunshine is fun with the aim gun despite being cheesy and you can actually move normal and even run. But it's only passable until something much better comes along. I still have no idea if they will have any VR for Dying Light 2 at all. I'm not expecting it but hoping for a nice surprise. Even if it's just a quest or two I'll take it.

I got this email and thought I'd share for anyone interested in watching some live gameplay of Dying Light 2. Nice they are doing it on my day off. Three hours from the time of this post. I'm going to be watching. Maybe they will mention something about VR during the stream. One can hope lol.

https://dyinglightgame.com/?utm_sour...=Dying_Light_2

https://www.twitch.tv/Techland

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 08-26-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 05:03 PM   #877
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.

I picked up the new Dying Light Anniversary Edition, I never played it until now.
I'm having a frustrating time with it because the damn dead zone setting. No matter the setting my camera still starts to twitch left, or slowly swing left. I don't even touch the stick and the camera starts moving to the left slowly, or twitching. It's getting me nauseous walking or running around.
Also playing with a brand new (Less than 2 weeks old) PS4 controller so it shouldn't be anything faulty with it. Don't have issues on other games as well.

It's a game breaker, I feel like I'm constantly fighting the controls. I could barely get past the opening walk across the crane sequence.

Does anyone have any advice, tricks or anything before I put it away on a shelf to collect dust.

*Update , I uninstalled the game and and reinstalled it. Works nicely now, must have missed a update when I first started out with all the dlcs and game files. Anyways night and day difference. I'm glad I'll be able to finally try this game out.

Last edited by 1blufan; 01-01-2021 at 08:51 PM.
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 01:55 AM   #878
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blufan View Post
I picked up the new Dying Light Anniversary Edition, I never played it until now.
I'm having a frustrating time with it because the damn dead zone setting. No matter the setting my camera still starts to twitch left, or slowly swing left. I don't even touch the stick and the camera starts moving to the left slowly, or twitching. It's getting me nauseous walking or running around.
Also playing with a brand new (Less than 2 weeks old) PS4 controller so it shouldn't be anything faulty with it. Don't have issues on other games as well.

It's a game breaker, I feel like I'm constantly fighting the controls. I could barely get past the opening walk across the crane sequence.

Does anyone have any advice, tricks or anything before I put it away on a shelf to collect dust.

*Update , I uninstalled the game and and reinstalled it. Works nicely now, must have missed a update when I first started out with all the dlcs and game files. Anyways night and day difference. I'm glad I'll be able to finally try this game out.
Cool glad you got it worked out. I was going to say I don't know what to say. I never heard of anyone having that problem and I never did either.

Hope you enjoy it. Parkouring through the zombie apocalypse is the best...
Thanks given by:
1blufan (01-07-2021)
Old 01-04-2021, 04:42 AM   #879
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

A fun video clip I saved of me just messing around after dark in Old Town try to get and keep a four diamond chase going. If anyone is interested. I don't remember if I ever posted it, I don't think I did.

I remember when I was just terrified of going out after dark and never would unless forced to by the game. Now running around out their just toying with them. Nearly got myself killed a couple of times though.

I love this shit.

Thanks given by:
1blufan (01-07-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4