Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dreams (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99
1 day ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99
1 day ago
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (PS4)
$19.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$32.53
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 06-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #21
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Which upcoming games are confirmed to not be going over to PS4?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #22
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
Which upcoming games are confirmed to not be going over to PS4?
Arkham Origins & Beyond Two Souls are PS3 only. Not sure about others though.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #23
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Thanks, guess I'll be picking those up then
Old 08-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #24
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Bump for those that missed this.

IGC continues for PS3 and PS Vita, but it's to be expected that IGC focus will transition from PS3 to PS4 once there's a large enough library of major retail games on PS4 to start offering them.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #25
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Sadly PS Plus is going to be worthless for the PS4 for probably the first year since there is no way they can offer great games on PS4 right away.

You aren't going to see Knack, Killzone, ACIV or Watch Dogs on PS+ for at least 6 months (likely a year).

Seriously what can they offer as far as goodies for PS4 PS plus users?

There is one thing they COULD do..

[Show spoiler]Port some PS3 games to PS4 and make them playable. That would be AWESOME!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #26
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
Sadly PS Plus is going to be worthless for the PS4 for probably the first year since there is no way they can offer great games on PS4 right away.

You aren't going to see Knack, Killzone, ACIV or Watch Dogs on PS+ for at least 6 months (likely a year).

Seriously what can they offer as far as goodies for PS4 PS plus users?

There is one thing they COULD do..

[Show spoiler]Port some PS3 games to PS4 and make them playable. That would be AWESOME!!!
I take issue with this kind of language when suggesting others aren't going to see value in the games they're offering when really it's your own view.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin-Ra View Post
I take issue with this kind of language when suggesting others aren't going to see value in the games they're offering when really it's your own view.
Shin-Ra, the single biggest reason to use PS+ was that it offered free games for PS3 users. Some of them were amongst the BEST offered on PS3.

Here are some free games that were offered for PS3 uses over the past year:
Uncharted 3
Hitman Absolution
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Xcom: Enemy Unknown
Saints Row III
Little Big Planet 2
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Infamous 2
Battlefield 3
Sleeping Dogs
Dark Souls
Bioshock 2
Darksiders
and MANY MORE.

How the HECK can the PS4 offer ANY games of that caliber in the first year? Let alone at launch?

Seriously?! They CANT.

Not only that. Sony is not going to put truly great games on PS plus in the beginning because if they were TRULY great they would be launch titles where they could make money on them. COuld these free games be good? Sure, but what I have seen I have don't feel that they are going to have people carving up buying PS+.

Again one thing they could do is make ports of some great PS3 games and place them on PS Plus to give it HUGE value right away. It CAN be done. Is it worth the cost? That I dont know and sadly its probably not.

Last edited by MerrickG; 08-15-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

You're just pointing out the obvious, come on I already said this:

Quote:
IGC continues for PS3 and PS Vita, but it's to be expected that IGC focus will transition from PS3 to PS4 once there's a large enough library of major retail games on PS4 to start offering them.
What I'm taking issue with is you saying what they're going to offer (smaller download-only stuff) is worthless and doesn't have the potential to be great.

I take it you only like major retail-type games?
Old 08-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #29
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
I take it you only like major retail-type games?
Worthless is a pretty harsh term. You're right.

But my point still remains:
Sony is not going to be able to use its biggest reason to join PS plus (free games) for new PS4 users.
I mean without free games, whats the point?

That's a problem.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #30
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Again you're dismissing the content they're offering as worthless when a lot of people didn't expect the IGC service to be offered at all for the first year.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #31
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Again you're dismissing the content they're offering as worthless when a lot of people didn't expect the IGC service to be offered at all for the first year.
Ok, so we don't think these are worthless, but they dont have NEAR the caliber or impact of the games being offered on PS3. They aren't going to bring in the dudebros who like big blockbuster games AND represent the largest audience.

PS4 PS plus has to overcome that and again I find it very hard to believe that if these games being offered for free are truly first class material they would NOT be offered for free!

I also very much doubt they show off what the PS4 is capable of.

I could be wrong and I hope I am.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:54 AM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

I do have a question about PS+ if I don't have a PS4.

Can I add the games to my collection from a PC or PS3 if I don't want to buy a PS4 at launch? Say if I wanted to buy a PS3 in 6 months or a year after launch, I can still add the games through my PC the same way you can buy games from your PC. You don't need a Vita to buy a Vita game if you do so from a PC or PS3 for example. I would really love it if it means if I buy a PS4 later, and add PS+ games, it'll come with more games that would've been removed from PS+. I don't see why it would be a problem for people to add PS4 games as long as they are a PS+ subscriber.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:16 AM   #33
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor2010 View Post
I do have a question about PS+ if I don't have a PS4.

Can I add the games to my collection from a PC or PS3 if I don't want to buy a PS4 at launch? Say if I wanted to buy a PS3 in 6 months or a year after launch, I can still add the games through my PC the same way you can buy games from your PC. You don't need a Vita to buy a Vita game if you do so from a PC or PS3 for example. I would really love it if it means if I buy a PS4 later, and add PS+ games, it'll come with more games that would've been removed from PS+. I don't see why it would be a problem for people to add PS4 games as long as they are a PS+ subscriber.
Yes, that was confirmed on twitter by...I can't recall his name, one of the head guys who's always joking with people on twitter. Shuyei something?

Even if you don't have a PS4, you can log into your account on the webstore and "buy" the free games, thus adding them to your account, so when you DO get a PS4, you have access to all the free games up to that point.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #34
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
Yes, that was confirmed on twitter by...I can't recall his name, one of the head guys who's always joking with people on twitter. Shuyei something?

Even if you don't have a PS4, you can log into your account on the webstore and "buy" the free games, thus adding them to your account, so when you DO get a PS4, you have access to all the free games up to that point.
That should be addressed more IMO.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:57 AM   #35
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Ok, so we don't think these are worthless, but they dont have NEAR the caliber or impact of the games being offered on PS3. They aren't going to bring in the dudebros who like big blockbuster games AND represent the largest audience.

PS4 PS plus has to overcome that and again I find it very hard to believe that if these games being offered for free are truly first class material they would NOT be offered for free!

I also very much doubt they show off what the PS4 is capable of.

I could be wrong and I hope I am.
I don't know man. I'm looking forward to trying out Drive Club and Outlast, both of which will be free to play, among others for Plus subscribers. And newsflash, NO launch title is going to truly show off what the PS4 can do. That's going to take a couple of years. I didn't feel like anything showed the PS3's true potential until Uncharted 2 came along.

Also keep in mind, PS Plus is now required to play multiplayer on retail titles. Like it or not, that's a hell of a motive right there to subscribe.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #36
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
That should be addressed more IMO.
NOTE: never heard of this site, so I don't know the reliability, but the tweets ARE real.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/...-ps4-and-more/

When a game goes free on PlayStation Plus you have a limited time to grab it before it rotates out of the instant game collection. If you don’t, you miss your chance. On the other hand if you secure the game while it’s on offer, it’ll be yours as long as you’re an active PlayStation Plus subscriber.

This poses the question: what if you don’t intend to purchase a PS4 at launch, but you still want to secure the free PS4 games offered by PlayStation Plus before they get phased out? Turns out that you can via the PSN web store, as shared by Sony Worldwide Studio President Shuhei Yoshida on Twitter:

Quote:
Greg @Greg_H27
@yosp if I don't get a PS4 at launch can I still "purchase" the free PS4 PS+ games either from PS3 or the upcoming iphone app?

Shuhei Yoshida @yosp
@Greg_H27 I think you can from the web store on PC and mobile devices.
10:33 PM - 10 Aug 2013
DIRECT TWITTER LINK: https://twitter.com/Greg_H27/statuse...84394384048129

As an unrelated but interesting note, Yoshida-san also mentioned that cross-platform gameplay between PS3 and PS4 is theoretically possible, but its implementation depends on the publisher of each game.

Quote:
Swish @MrClutch1994
@yosp please answer, will there be ps3/ps4 crossplay for multi-plat games such as cod / battlefield?

Shuhei Yoshida @yosp
@MrClutch1994 it's up to title, you need to ask the publishers
10:55 PM - 10 Aug 2013
DIRECT TWITTER LINK: https://twitter.com/MrClutch1994/sta...06300202053633

It’s quite interesting to see that Sony doesn’t intend to put restrictions bound to the ownership of a PS4 to getting the free game on PS Plus, but it should come as no real surprise, considering that the publisher has gone above and beyond the call of duty to make the offer compelling, and will probably redouble that effort in the future, in light of the PS Plus requirement for online gaming on the PlayStation 4.

That said, you’ve been warned. If you’re a PS Plus subscriber but want to hold back on buying a PS4 until a while after launch, you better make sure you grab the free PS4 games timely when they get included in the instant game collection. When you’ll finally grab the console, you’ll be happy you did. May also want to do the same with PS Vita games if you don’t own one, since you can already do that.

Last edited by Groo The Perverted; 08-17-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:14 AM   #37
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks Groo!
Old 08-17-2013, 04:33 AM   #38
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor2010 View Post
That's what I wanted to know. Thanks Groo!
I wouldn't stress about it though.

It's very doubtful that any of the ps4 games offered on ps plus will be anything exceptional.

Theres a reason these games are FREE.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:42 AM   #39
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
And newsflash, NO launch title is going to truly show off what the PS4 can do.
That has NOTHING to do with my point. I am referring to AAA PS4 titles showing up on PS+. ACIV, Watch Dogs, Killzone and Battlefield are all AAA titles and you will not see anything of that caliber on PS PLUS until at least 8 months.

I actually suspect that is one of the reasons Sony is going to require PS+ for online multiplayer. They know they can't put any compelling content on PS+ for PS4 for a while so they came up with making it required for multiplayer.

But like I said the games that ARE going to show up on PS+ for PS4 launch are likely to be mediocre at best. You don't give away something that is truly great. I did watch the trailer for Outlast and that could be ok.

Thankfully it won't cost me anything to find out. I'm on PS plus until 2015!

Last edited by MerrickG; 08-17-2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:53 AM   #40
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
That has NOTHING to do with my point. I am referring to AAA PS4 titles showing up on PS+. ACIV, Watch Dogs, Killzone and Battlefield are all AAA titles and you will not see anything of that caliber on PS PLUS until at least 8 months.

I actually suspect that is one of the reasons Sony is going to require PS+ for online multiplayer. They know they can't put any compelling content on PS+ for PS4 for a while so they came up with making it required for multiplayer.

But like I said the games that ARE going to show up on PS+ for PS4 launch are likely to be mediocre at best. You don't give away something that is truly great.

Thankfully it won't cost me anything to find out. I'm on PS plus until 2015!
I'm going to assume you don't like indie games then. Don't Starve is an exceptional game that I have had tons of fun with personally and I'll be overjoyed to get it for free when it goes up. Outlast looks like a fun time and Secret Ponchos looks amazing. None of these titles are what I or anyone else for that matter should be referring to as mediocre. Don't forget that Driveclub PS+ edition will be a big draw. It's quite a simple concept if you haven't played it don't judge it.

As for your little conspiracy theory about Sony charging for the multiplayer now anyone with a brain can see that that is intended to shore up the network. Not only to make it safer but also to increase the options that gamers have.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4