Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Shenmue III (PS4)
$9.99

Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$36.04

XIII (PS4)
$24.00

NHL 21 Ultimate Edition (PS4)
$41.08
17 min ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$19.93

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
$39.99

The Fisherman: Fishing Planet (PS4)
$27.99

Who Wants to Be A Millionare (PS4)
$19.99

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood (PS4)
$49.99

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of An Elusive Age (PS4)
$32.84

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 08-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #41
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Thanks Groo

I haven't tried mobile devices for PS Plus games yet. Hopefully their upcoming app will include the PSN store.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:04 AM   #42
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrickG View Post
That has NOTHING to do with my point. I am referring to AAA PS4 titles showing up on PS+. ACIV, Watch Dogs, Killzone and Battlefield are all AAA titles and you will not see anything of that caliber on PS PLUS until at least 8 months.

I actually suspect that is one of the reasons Sony is going to require PS+ for online multiplayer. They know they can't put any compelling content on PS+ for PS4 for a while so they came up with making it required for multiplayer.

But like I said the games that ARE going to show up on PS+ for PS4 launch are likely to be mediocre at best. You don't give away something that is truly great. I did watch the trailer for Outlast and that could be ok.

Thankfully it won't cost me anything to find out. I'm on PS plus until 2015!
Old 08-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #43
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlost1 View Post
As for your little conspiracy theory about Sony charging for the multiplayer now anyone with a brain can see that that is intended to shore up the network. Not only to make it safer but also to increase the options that gamers have.
I thought Sony addressed this already. I guess not.

The online structure of PSN is "supposed" to be vastly improved & they couldn't do this without PS+ funds. Well I guess they could, but it would seriously hurt them financially in the long haul.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
As for your little conspiracy theory about Sony charging for the multiplayer now anyone with a brain can see that that is intended to shore up the network. Not only to make it safer but also to increase the options that gamers have.
I don't have half a brain, huh? You go calling me out for being rude to members and then you make this comment. Nice. That's ashame because I thought we had buried the hatchet.

Anyway, I don't call it a "conspiracy" at all. It's just a belief that since Sony cant offer the Blockbuster PS4 AAA titles on PS plus (which is without the BIGGEST current reason to own PS+) they decided that using multiplayer was the best way to keep people on it. That is not necessarily a BAD thing if it does indeed dramatically improve the online experience.

As for indie games, I have nothing against them but they don't have the kind of appeal that AAA games have. They just don't. The casual gamer compares the PS3 PS+ free games library to the PS4 and they likely (fair to not) saying "that's what you are offering for free?" That does not mean the indie games will be bad, just not mass market appealing.

My opinion is that these free games offered on PS+ will be mediocre at best, but I will be more than happy to let everyone rub it in my face and they end up being outstanding. Thankfully as I said earlier I will get to try and judge them for myself.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #45
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
I don't have half a brain, huh? You go calling me out for being rude to members and then you make this comment. Nice. That's ashame because I thought we had buried the hatchet.

Anyway, I don't call it a "conspiracy" at all. It's just a belief that since Sony cant offer the Blockbuster PS4 AAA titles on PS plus (which is without the BIGGEST current reason to own PS+) they decided that using multiplayer was the best way to keep people on it. That is not necessarily a BAD thing if it does indeed dramatically improve the online experience.

As for indie games, I have nothing against them but they don't have the kind of appeal that AAA games have. They just don't. The casual gamer compares the PS3 PS+ free games library to the PS4 and they likely (fair to not) saying "that's what you are offering for free?" That does not mean the indie games will be bad, just not mass market appealing.

My opinion is that these free games offered on PS+ will be mediocre at best, but I will be more than happy to let everyone rub it in my face and they end up being outstanding. Thankfully as I said earlier I will get to try and judge them for myself.
It was late I was tired. Wrong choice of words maybe. Don't take offense to it I didn't specifically call you out other then quoting your post and I also didn't say half a brain. Indie games are never going to have the same kind of draw as AAA titles everyone knows that. I don't know why you assume that everyone is only looking at the free games when going in for PS+ anyway. Stuff like cloud saves and discounted digital content along with automatic updates and game synching are other major draws the service. It's not like people are going to say "OH MY GOD there's no free games!!!!!!! Time to get rid of plus." I'm not sure if I remember this correctly but the IGC was introduced a few months after the PS+ was. It was not the main draw to get PS+ and it will continue not to be.

Sent from the TARDIS
Old 08-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
It was late I was tired. Wrong choice of words maybe. Don't take offense to it I didn't specifically call you out other then quoting your post and I also didn't say half a brain. Indie games are never going to have the same kind of draw as AAA titles everyone knows that. I don't know why you assume that everyone is only looking at the free games when going in for PS+ anyway. Stuff like cloud saves and discounted digital content along with automatic updates and game synching are other major draws the service. It's not like people are going to say "OH MY GOD there's no free games!!!!!!! Time to get rid of plus." I'm not sure if I remember this correctly but the IGC was introduced a few months after the PS+ was. It was not the main draw to get PS+ and it will continue not to be.

Sent from the TARDIS
Not the only draw, but the biggest draw. I know quite a few people who picked up the PS3 just to get PS plus and have several months worth of free games.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #47
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2008
Coronado, Ca.
USA

Quote:
Not the only draw, but the biggest draw. I know quite a few people who picked up the PS3 just to get PS plus and have several months worth of free games.
The biggest draw for me & the main reason why I got Plus when it launched was the ability to cloud save those copyrighted game saves & to also have a complete back-up of all of my saves. For me the discount & free game aspect is just another benefit of the service. I wonder what the real percentage is of people who purchased Plus for the sole fact of receiveing "Free" games versus the percentage of "Other" reasons. That would be a neat poll to do.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #48
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
I don't know if AAA titles is the biggest reason to have PS+, but I think that needing PS+ for multiplayer is more about "forcing" more people to get + then keeping existing customers happy. I don't know anyone in real life that has + but I know a lot of people that play online.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #49
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
College Station, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
I don't know if AAA titles is the biggest reason to have PS+, but I think that needing PS+ for multiplayer is more about "forcing" more people to get + then keeping existing customers happy. I don't know anyone in real life that has + but I know a lot of people that play online.
At the end of the day if Sony needs people to purchase PS plus to dramatically improve their online gaming experience then I am all for it.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #50
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
At the end of the day if Sony needs people to purchase PS plus to dramatically improve their online gaming experience then I am all for it.
I can accept it as well (even though I don't have + now and still not sure if I will with the PS4), to me it makes sense, you want a service (accessing the game servers) and it costs them money to offer it, they are well entitled to be paid for it (which I find better than live where you also needed for stuff like Netflix where you don't need MS service and MS does not have costs related to it)

I was just pointing out that I think it is really about new money and not just about not loosing the old one. My guess anyone that has + now just for titles realizes that sooner or later those high quality titles will be back.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #51
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Then you shall not be disappointed.

If you hate the current PSN design for XMB, then no worries there. It isn't XMB.

Other factors besides all the other pros of being a member is to be able to share & upload millions of videos to their servers. If the "share" button is not fluent enough, you have an epic fail on the DS4 itself wether you decide to use that function or not.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #52
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Just got another years worth of Plus for 10 off RRP so that will see me through to August 2015

No issues at all with PS+ I Have a PS3 and a Vita so I'll be taking advantage of everything not just what they give the PS4.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #53
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Added RESOGUN from Housemarque (Super Stardust), not sure of regional breakdowns yet, I'll try to keep updated.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #54
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Cloud storage is boosted to 3GB on PS4.

And if you buy a years worth of Plus before Sep 20th you get 90 days free. Seems like a bargain.

Add to that if you buy Driveclub you get 50% off a years sub to plus, so people can get 27months membership for just 60.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...trial-for-ps4/

Last edited by Mavrick; 08-21-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:22 AM   #55
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Might have to turn this into a general PS4 PS+ details thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Cloud storage is boosted to 3GB on PS4.

And if you buy a years worth of Plus before Sep 20th you get 90 days free. Seems like a bargain.

Add to that if you buy Driveclub you get 50% off a years sub to plus, so people can get 27months membership for just 60.
Cloud storage is still just for saves, right?
Old 08-21-2013, 01:27 AM   #56
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin-Ra View Post
Might have to turn this into a general PS4 PS+ details thread.

Cloud storage is still just for saves, right?
I think so. They don't mention that it's for anything else.

I filled up my 1gb pretty fast, not sure how much I have left now but 3GB is welcome

Might be worth making it a general thread, I thought about making a new threa d about it but thought it would be better in here.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I think so. They don't mention that it's for anything else.

I filled up my 1gb pretty fast, not sure how much I have left now but 3GB is welcome

Might be worth making it a general thread, I thought about making a new threa d about it but thought it would be better in here.
Dang, what kind of games do you have that use up that much space? Ive had a PS3 since 2007, play a ton of games and therefore have a lot of saves. Even then, I think I only have about 200mb or so used up
Old 08-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #58
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Dang, what kind of games do you have that use up that much space? Ive had a PS3 since 2007, play a ton of games and therefore have a lot of saves. Even then, I think I only have about 200mb or so used up
Every game I've bought at retail since launch, only around 100 give or take. But some of those I have multiple saves on like MGS4 and others have massive save files like GT5 and replay save data etc. As well as the 70 odd games from Plus.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #59
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Old 10-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #60
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Can add Contrast to the list now Driveclub has been delayed.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4