Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Monster Hunt (Blu-ray)
$15.49

Jaws: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.22
1 day ago
Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 09-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #1

Dec 2011
Default My Samsung 3D TV has great depth, but no pop out

I cant seem to find a solution to this. The only movie I watched was MIB 3. I also watched split screen 3d from you tube. Again, just depth, no pop out...and those were demo discs. Any Idea what I may be doing wrong?

samsung un40fh6030
Old 09-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #2

Oct 2012
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostmeister View Post
I cant seem to find a solution to this. The only movie I watched was MIB 3. I also watched split screen 3d from you tube. Again, just depth, no pop out...and those were demo discs. Any Idea what I may be doing wrong?

samsung un40fh6030
It has been awhile since I watched MIB3 but from what I remember it didn't have alot of pop outs, had good depth but nothing that really flew out at you. Give Madagascar 3, Oz, or Sammy 2 a try, they all have good pop outs!
Old 09-13-2013, 02:45 AM   #3

Dec 2011

I'm an idiot. The left and right setting on the TV was reversed. Fixed and now it looks great.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
Special Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermoth View Post
You watched an entire movie with inverted 3D?
Haha, that would hurt my eyes more than anaglyph!
Old 09-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #5
Banned

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostmeister View Post
I'm an idiot. The left and right setting on the TV was reversed. Fixed and now it looks great.
That would do it. Having seen it, though, I'm still going with the "MIB3 was a conversion and didn't have any pop-out" theory.
(Now, a nice recent Dreamworks, OTOH... )
Old 09-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #6

Dec 2011

I was tweaking the whole time watching, but yes, am not ashamed to admit I was that stupid. Lol. Newbie to 3d.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #7

Mar 2014
Default No popout on pc playback

Sorry for posting here but this is the only thread that I can find that has anything to do with my question because I cant post my on thread...

I have a 3d Capable computer and its connected to my Panasonic 3D 55VT60. Im playing my 3d blurays through cyberlink powerdvd ultra 13 but for some reason I feel like the movies dont have that POP effect. I know the 3d is working I think because when I turn off the glasses everything looks weird lol but I have watched 3 movies so far and none have had any pop out effect... Gravity, G.I. Joe retaliation, and Thor 2...

Any ideas why its not working to its full capabilities?

Thanks,
Pr3dict
Old 03-24-2014, 11:21 PM   #8

Mar 2014
PA

Hello all, newbie here too, to both a flatscreen (Panasonic 60ZT60) and 3D. I've been reading and learning a lot over these last few months and thought I'd join.
To help answer the above question, I really didn't think Gravity had many, if any "pop out" effects. It had some depth, but if I recall, it was filmed in 2D then converted to 3D. The other 2 movies you mention I did not see. I did think Under The Sea had some great depth and some good "pop out" effects on my ZT, and I'm sure others here can steer you toward other movies with better "pop out" than I. You might check the 3D format and settings and adjust your VT accordingly. It may not be your TV (the VT is a fine TV), but the movies themselves or the signal sent from your computer. I would first try a movie with well known "pop out" and go from there.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:22 AM   #9
Special Member

Aug 2011

Pretty much the only "converted" aspects of Gravity are the people. It's pretty much a native 3D film. What we like to call a "hybrid" film.

3D isn't about pop anymore. It's about immersive depth, and sometime a pop out here or there is thrown in. If you want pop outs, get all of the 50s films.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:25 AM   #10

Mar 2014

I'm not looking for amazing popout effects but for some reason it just seems off. Like scenes that they make look like should be popping out dont. I would assume in the beginning when the screw starts floating away towards the screen and george clooney grabs it that would be a popout scene. It sure looks like it should be. And when some of the satellite debris is flying around they just run right off the screen where as I would think it would come off the screen....

What I'm trying to say is it just seems wrong. I havent seen ANY popout on any of those movies and I want to test it with something else to make sure. I've watched 3d movies on netflix and my cable company and they all look great, for some reason on my computer it does not.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #11

Nov 2013

Sony TDG-BT500A Active Glasses being used with XBR-55X930D. I get a better 3D image wearing the glasses upside down which leads me to believe the sync is inverted somehow. Can't seem to find a solution to this anywhere. Does anyone have a fix for this?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors