Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99

Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99

Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
8 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$32.53
1 day ago
Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99

Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 12-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Update on my PS4 controller issues.

Should note, only 18 hours of inactivity before entire depletion of battery life.

Today I forgot to have them charging. Yesterday late, I had 2 fully charged & 2 in other room which were fully charged 2 days ago. I grabbed one from the charging dock & pressed the PS button & nothing happened. I pressed it a few more times & the light came on & system started up. Once the system brought me to the home screen the message to charge DS4 immediately popped up. I pressed PS button quickly to see what level charge was there. 0/3 bars & then the controller light went out entirely.

No problem, I grabbed the other one since that was fully charged & not on the charge base. Pressed the PS button, no light (system is still on) pressed again, nothing. Put both in charging base & they are charging now.

Went to other room & grabbed the 2 that had not been in use for 2 days. Neither of those worked either so I guess there charge is at 0 as well.

4 fully charged controllers, 2 dead after 18 hours of inactivity & the other 2, 48 hours that I know of before both dead.

Just yesterday I played around 30 minutes on 1 & downloaded them 2 PSN games. Before shutting console off (I always look) I noted 3/3 charge.

These controllers did not all come from the same source btw.

2 from Evil Controllers
1 from Amazon
1 with PS4 system from FS

Edit

Last experiment. My av receiver was a kill switch to the charge base. I changed this so power will run 24/7 to charge base.
Do you know that there is an option for turning the controller off after a set amount of inactivity. Thus saving battery charge.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #42
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG View Post
Do you know that there is an option for turning the controller off after a set amount of inactivity. Thus saving battery charge.
Yea; just go to the settings. It's one of the options
Old 12-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Yea; just go to the settings. It's one of the options
Sorry, me Arkansas speak good not sometime. I've seen several post from Derb about the battery's going dead while just setting idle. I set mine up for something like 1 hour of inactivity = controller off.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
The £كا

Quote:
Sorry, me Arkansas speak good not sometime. I've seen several post from Derb about the battery's going dead while just setting idle. I set mine up for something like 1 hour of inactivity = controller off.
I tried the one hour setting when I first set up my PS4, but that's quite a while.
I switched it to After 10 minutes and it seems to help a bit more.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #45
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Yep I sure do. I think mine is set for 10 minutes.

Are you trying to say when the system is off, the controllers are not?

I just yesterday changed my power source for the Charge Base to one where it will have 24/7 power. Charged 2 last night (which were entirely dead) & put them aside in other room. Then put the 2 I use in the Base after. They charged up in 2 hours. Grabbed both to see charge level. Both 3/3

Put both back in Base & left overnight. The only way to check if the controllers need charge when no light on the DS4 is lighting up is to detach them from the Base & then attach them again. Did that, each one blinked Orange 1 time only meaning they both should be fully charged.

I left them in the charge position after checking.

My unit could be faulty. I'm not denying that. I've read some strange $hit on Amazon comments of their problems. Most say the unit will only charge when the controller is already fully charged (Yeah that makes sense) & another one was how they couldn't tell when charging () & few others claiming no lights at all on the DS4... Which I'd believe that last one as defect.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #46
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Picked up 2 of these today,

http://www.amazon.com/PDP-Energizer-...=ps4+energizer

I was surprised how easily it was to attach them. (My concern from the get-go with these) I gots all 4 controllers tapped now & all are light up Blue. Though I did accidentally press the PS button on one while alining one of them up. They are also easier to separate then I thought. I also have each one plugged into a 24/7 AC outlet.

If this fails maybe we can discuss cracking open the DS4 & putting in a real battery.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Couple questions regarding auto download/update that someone can hopefully shine some light on.

So on the PS4, when you have PS+ and leave the system on standby mode it supposedly should download updates automatically. Once you turn on your console, does it notify you or give you the option to install a game patch/update? Or, if it was done automatically, where would I see that?

The game Battlefield 4 was said to have had a patch released yesterday and I did not get any notifications telling me that there was an update.

TIA
Old 12-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybits View Post
Couple questions regarding auto download/update that someone can hopefully shine some light on.

So on the PS4, when you have PS+ and leave the system on standby mode it supposedly should download updates automatically. Once you turn on your console, does it notify you or give you the option to install a game patch/update? Or, if it was done automatically, where would I see that?

The game Battlefield 4 was said to have had a patch released yesterday and I did not get any notifications telling me that there was an update.

TIA
If it downloaded, it should show up as NEW in Notifications > Downloads
Old 12-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Oh okay..Thank you. I guess for some reason I didn't get the patch
[Show spoiler]or THEY LIED!!! and there is no new patch

The reason I was unsure, because the last time the game had a patch, I launched the game and it told me I needed an update to play. It then booted me back to the home screen and nothing told me that an update was downloaded or installed. I launched the game again and it let me play for 30mins before crashing
Old 12-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #50
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybits View Post
Oh okay..Thank you. I guess for some reason I didn't get the patch
[Show spoiler]or THEY LIED!!! and there is no new patch

The reason I was unsure, because the last time the game had a patch, I launched the game and it told me I needed an update to play. It then booted me back to the home screen and nothing told me that an update was downloaded or installed. I launched the game again and it let me play for 30mins before crashing
As long as you do not delete the game & set the system in standby, the auto-Downloads will work for every game. Sometimes the file may not be updated though. So yeah, check notifications & scroll down to "download" & on the right you should see the most recent downloads followed by "updated" (new wording for installed) Also note if you have a Season Pass with any game you still have to manually buy each DLC but once started you can enter standby mode.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #51
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

cool! thanks for the clarification
Old 12-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #52
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Getting the PS4 Trophy sync error NP-32157-8. Will not sync trophies at all, get's to 50% then an error. There seem to be a few work arounds, one involves deleting your profile, another rebuilding the database and one other by earning another trophy in the game then going to "notifications" and clicking the trophy from there. Although that doesn't seem to work with everyone.

Deleting your profile then making it again seems to work for everyone, but I'm going to give the rebuilding database a try, then report back.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #53
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

So them Energizers keep my controllers charged. No problems. I wish there was a fix for the Power A unit. It looks nice & is compact by comparison.

I believe others have ones that work properly, so sorry for the ranting on my defective unit.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #54
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Getting the PS4 Trophy sync error NP-32157-8. Will not sync trophies at all, get's to 50% then an error. There seem to be a few work arounds, one involves deleting your profile, another rebuilding the database and one other by earning another trophy in the game then going to "notifications" and clicking the trophy from there. Although that doesn't seem to work with everyone.

Deleting your profile then making it again seems to work for everyone, but I'm going to give the rebuilding database a try, then report back.
Took me long enough...

The game that was giving me issues was The Playroom. I 100% the game before syncing my trophies so I couldn't go back and earn another trophy and try syncing it from the Notification menu. So strike that one out as a fix.

Re-building the Database also did nothing.

So on to the third "fix".

Created a new user, didn't bother connecting to PSN or anything like that. This is to make sure I don't lose any of my installed and downloaded games when I come to delete my main account that's having the sync issue.

Make sure you back up all your saves, either to the cloud or to a USB stick. Next up I went to Settings -> Initialize and chose to delete my main profile. This deletes all of your save data and any un-synced trophies.

Once that's done you just need to create your profile again like you did the first time you started the console. Once you're back go straight to your trophies and sync them, it should hit 100% as normal, problem solved.

All that's left for you to do now is go back and earn the trophies all over again, and re-download your game saves.

TL;DR

1. Backup your save files to PS+ cloud.
2. Create a new user, choose guest and don't link a psn account, he will be called User1 by default.
3. With User1 go to Settings -> Initialize and choose to delete your main profile. It will delete the save data and any bugged and un-synced trophies but will leave the downloaded games.
4. Create your main profile once again.
5. Earn the bugged trophies once more and it should sync.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

Dammit, I'm sick of this already. For the third time this week I've brought the 4 out of standby to find an update starts downloading! Why the hell isn't it doing this during the day whilst in standby mode??

Another 600mb BF4 update. I have every setting in place as the manual advises but every BF update has happened while the console is on. Is it just them? Yet another battlefield screw up?
Old 12-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
Dammit, I'm sick of this already. For the third time this week I've brought the 4 out of standby to find an update starts downloading! Why the hell isn't it doing this during the day whilst in standby mode??

Another 600mb BF4 update. I have every setting in place as the manual advises but every BF update has happened while the console is on. Is it just them? Yet another battlefield screw up?
BF stated that you would have to manually install the update. However, like you, the last system update did not dl while in stand by mode for me either. It waited until I started the system up.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #57
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

I think I've sorted it but I need to wait for the next update to see if I'm right. There is inconsistent information on various official PlayStation sites, but what I've now done is:

Set the console when on standby to connect to the internet and be able to switch on from the network. Set the console to automatically log in to me when it switches on (a bit like the PS3 needs to be set). So, fingers crossed in future all my updates will be done and dusted when I turn it on and not start downloading from that moment.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Arkansas

Quote:
I think I've sorted it but I need to wait for the next update to see if I'm right. There is inconsistent information on various official PlayStation sites, but what I've now done is:

Set the console when on standby to connect to the internet and be able to switch on from the network. Set the console to automatically log in to me when it switches on (a bit like the PS3 needs to be set). So, fingers crossed in future all my updates will be done and dusted when I turn it on and not start downloading from that moment.
I assumed that you had already set that up. Mine is set up like that but still did not dl the update until after I came out of Stand By mode.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #59

Jun 2009
London

Has anyone had any USB related issues? My usb port 1 (left most, facing the front of the device/power button) does not work anymore. When I connect my controller for charging it does nothing, but charges fine from port 2. I have tried attaching a dual shock 3 to ensure it wasnt a faulty cable/controller, but I get the same issue.

I have contacted amazon who told me to wait for more stock in order to get a replacement otherwise right now all they can do is refund me.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #60
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Quote:

Having it set like that should help and it is the way I have mine setup but it still hasn't been consistent with mine. At times, it does download stuff while in standby but at other times, it doesn't start the download until I bring it out of standby. With the latest patch for DC Online and BF4, they both started once I brought it out of standby. I guess some of it could be when they push the patches though so maybe it was just a coincidence and they pushed them right when I was turning it on? Seems unlikely though.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4