Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.82
17 hrs ago
House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dial M for Murder 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.29

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Old 12-25-2013, 05:08 AM   #1

Sep 2011
Detroit,MI
Thumbs down 3D player only showing movies in 2D as of late

I got my 3D bluray player a couple of months ago, and everything worked flawlessly. I could play all 3D blu-rays with no issues.

However since yesterday (first time I connected the player to the internet ever and did a update that I was told to do) all my 3D blu's play in 2D only..I haven't messed with any settings on the player or anything on my TV either..The movies main menu is in 3D but the actual movie is only 2D now....I checked a few 3D blu's I own and it's the same thing. I'm livid right now..especially since it's Christmas eve and I got my kids a few 3D blu's they've been wanting to see for Christmas gifts. It's gonna suck telling them they can't watch em in 3D right now once they unwrap them in the morning. Any help would be appreciated folks!!

Is it possible to delete an update on your player or revert back to an older version?
Old 12-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Lancaster, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee76 View Post
I got my 3D bluray player a couple of months ago, and everything worked flawlessly. I could play all 3D blu-rays with no issues.

However since yesterday (first time I connected the player to the internet ever and did a update that I was told to do) all my 3D blu's play in 2D only..I haven't messed with any settings on the player or anything on my TV either..The movies main menu is in 3D but the actual movie is only 2D now....I checked a few 3D blu's I own and it's the same thing. I'm livid right now..especially since it's Christmas eve and I got my kids a few 3D blu's they've been wanting to see for Christmas gifts. It's gonna suck telling them they can't watch em in 3D right now once they unwrap them in the morning. Any help would be appreciated folks!!

Is it possible to delete an update on your player or revert back to an older version?
You never mentioned manufacturer or model #.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
Special Member

Aug 2011

Most players have a place located in the settings to disable/enable 3D. Maybe the update disabled 3D and you just need to re-enable it in your settings.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #4

Sep 2011
Detroit,MI

Sony BDV E570

The 3D setting on the player is set to Auto..only other option is off.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee76 View Post
Sony BDV E570

The 3D setting on the player is set to Auto..only other option is off.
By your story I was betting on Samsung (worst BDP eVAR!)

Maybe you need to look into your TV settings?.... Updating the BDP shouldn't have changed anything there but on the other hand, I don't know what the problem is yet so I can't rule stuff out.

What about the other Display settings... I don't have that player but all my BDPs have been Sony's... still.... I wonder if you player grabbed the wrong FW. (Doesn't sound like it because it still has the 3D settings.)

-Brian
Old 12-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Genrally you can't ever go backwords with FW on most anything.

Try the new ones ... maybe they will FIX it somehow.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Doesn't quite apply here but I would call this anyway...

"Should your Blu-ray Home Theater System become unresponsive during the firmware update process please contact Sony Customer support at 1-800-222-7669."
Old 12-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

I just thought of something... maybe you have to reset the display out put settings after the FW update... maybe they defaulted to a "get by" mode for people who are setting up for the first time.... sometimes new FW will do that.

Like,...imagine it thinks it's looking at a non HDMI compliant display... It's a stretch but I think it's simple as that... just select 1080p (or whatever) and it will ask you the screen size for 3D and poof ... back in business.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #9

Sep 2011
Detroit,MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
I just thought of something... maybe you have to reset the display out put settings after the FW update... maybe they defaulted to a "get by" mode for people who are setting up for the first time.... sometimes new FW will do that.

Like,...imagine it thinks it's looking at a non HDMI compliant display... It's a stretch but I think it's simple as that... just select 1080p (or whatever) and it will ask you the screen size for 3D and poof ... back in business.
That fixed it! Thanks! Even though my TV was set to 1080p etc. etc. I just did as you said and reselected everything again and I got 3D back!! Once again thanks!
Old 12-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Great.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:27 AM   #11

Dec 2014
Melbourne
Default 3d player cuts out

Hi, I am hoping someone can help us with our 3d player problems. I am new to this and hence cannot create a new thread

We have a Samsung Series 7 55 inch (UA55C7000) 3d HDTV. We have tried 3 3d blu ray players and a getting mixed results.

Originally we had a Samsung Series 5 Blu-ray Player H5500 (BD-H5500) which we have watched Life of Pi on (in 3d). After Christmas we went and bought 3 new 3d movies to watch, Edge of Tomorrow, The Immortals, and Clash of the Titans.
When trying to load the movies, we can watch in 2d, but when we try to attempt 3d we cannot play the movie. The previews play (in 3d) however once the previews are complete and the movie attempts to start it cuts out.

The error message we are getting on the TV is "No Signal - check connected dervice's power, cable connection and source selection".

We have checked the HDMI cable numerous times (HDMI cable is a 3d high speed ethernet cable), we have replaced the Samsung DVD player once already and now are attempting with a Sony BDP-S5200, and we still have the same problem, the previews play but it cuts out as soon as the movie attempts to play.

All devices are up to date with latest firmware.

Can someone please help as I have searched many forums and cannot find anything similar to this issue.

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2014, 07:36 PM   #12
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronimoon View Post
Hi, I am hoping someone can help us with our 3d player problems. I am new to this and hence cannot create a new thread

We have a Samsung Series 7 55 inch (UA55C7000) 3d HDTV. We have tried 3 3d blu ray players and a getting mixed results.

Originally we had a Samsung Series 5 Blu-ray Player H5500 (BD-H5500) which we have watched Life of Pi on (in 3d). After Christmas we went and bought 3 new 3d movies to watch, Edge of Tomorrow, The Immortals, and Clash of the Titans.
When trying to load the movies, we can watch in 2d, but when we try to attempt 3d we cannot play the movie. The previews play (in 3d) however once the previews are complete and the movie attempts to start it cuts out.

The error message we are getting on the TV is "No Signal - check connected dervice's power, cable connection and source selection".

We have checked the HDMI cable numerous times (HDMI cable is a 3d high speed ethernet cable), we have replaced the Samsung DVD player once already and now are attempting with a Sony BDP-S5200, and we still have the same problem, the previews play but it cuts out as soon as the movie attempts to play.

All devices are up to date with latest firmware.

Can someone please help as I have searched many forums and cannot find anything similar to this issue.

Thanks!
I'd try disabling the internet connection, make sure there's a USB stick with free space on it attached to the player and change the HDMI cable for standard one (buy a really cheap one). It's possible that the players and the connections are at fault but it may be an issue with your television. I don't have much 3D experience but make sure everything is enabled and the glasses are active if they need to be.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:14 AM   #13

Dec 2014
Melbourne
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
I'd try disabling the internet connection, make sure there's a USB stick with free space on it attached to the player and change the HDMI cable for standard one (buy a really cheap one). It's possible that the players and the connections are at fault but it may be an issue with your television. I don't have much 3D experience but make sure everything is enabled and the glasses are active if they need to be.
Thanks we'll try that and come back if still a problem
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players