Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99

Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99

Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
9 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 08-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
Default Resident Evil Remake HD Remaster

CAPCOM BRINGS BACK CLASSIC RESIDENT EVIL(TM) FOR NEXT AND CURRENT GEN PLATFORMS

Highly Demanded Fan Favourite Horror Title Returns in 2015

London, UK. -- August 5, 2014 -- Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Resident Evil for PlayStation(R)4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation(R)3, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC. Resident Evil will be available to purchase digitally across Europe and North America in Early 2015.

The hugely popular Resident Evil series, having sold over 61 million units to date, returns to its roots with a remastered version of the critically acclaimed masterpiece, Resident Evil. Originally released in 1996, Resident Evil was then "remade" in 2002 from the ground up with new visuals, gameplay elements, environments and story details whilst retaining the survival horror atmosphere the series had become synonymous for. Both fans of the franchise who want a trip down memory lane and those who are yet to experience the game that coined the term survival horror for the gaming world will appreciate this definitive re-visit of that iconic 2002 Resident Evil title.

Using the latest resolution enhancement and 3D model technology, game resolutions and textures have been significantly upgraded, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles, resulting in characters and backgrounds coming to life in greater detail than ever seen before in Resident Evil. Not only will the graphics impress but the tense sound effects have been fully remastered with 5.1 surround support for a greater gaming atmosphere. Players are now able to choose not only between experiencing the terror at the classic 4:3 ratio or a stunning 16:9 widescreen mode but also the type of control scheme they play with. The classic control scheme remains for fans of the original play style or there's an alternative scheme where the character moves directly in the direction of the analogue stick, utilizing the standards of the current generation of gaming. Both the control scheme and the display options can be toggled between at any time during gameplay.

The intense horror fans first experienced with the release of the original Resident Evil is back. Taking place in the now notorious Raccoon City, players choose to take on the role of either S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics and Rescue Service) team member Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine who have been sent into the city to find the missing Bravo team. When the team is suddenly attacked by a ferocious group of mutated dogs, desperate for an escape they take shelter in the Mansion, but will they ever get out alive again? Players will need to be brave as they adventure through the dark, enclosed spaces searching out the horrors that await them. With limited ammo and survival items available gamers will need to keep their wits about them to survive the various traps and puzzles that greet them at every stage.

To download the announcement assets for Resident Evil and the latest game information head over to our press site at http://www.capcomeuro-press.com

Thanks given by:
PowerSerge (08-08-2014), Scottie (08-05-2014), Visionist (08-10-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #2
Special Member

Jun 2010
Devon, UK

Cool! Hoping for the rest to be done too!
Old 08-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Hell yes! That's awesome
Old 08-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #4
Special Member

Aug 2013
Texas

Sounds great. Will definitely add this to my radar. A friend showed me the game cube remake and it looked like a lot of fun. Just never got around to playing it.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
Florida

This is the best news ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will pick this up day 1

Now they need to just release RE2
Old 08-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

screenshots

Last edited by Havok83; 08-05-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Thanks given by:
lolwut (08-06-2014), Visionist (08-10-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Not straying too far from the GC REmake. I'm assuming the rooms will be actual geometry and not pre-rendered as well (it says models but that could just be characters)?

I just recently watched a playthrough on Twitch and wondered how long it would be before we saw this. Loved it on GC.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #8
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

I AM SO FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW! Yes!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

I can't remember, but wasn't the Gamecube version the one with the crimson zonbies you had to light on fire?
Old 08-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #10
Special Member

Sep 2007

hot damn!! those are nice graphics. Can't wait to play it again. Haven't played it for so long that it will feel like playing a new game.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
I can't remember, but wasn't the Gamecube version the one with the crimson zonbies you had to light on fire?
yes and they freaked the hell out of me
Old 08-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #12
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Alright, I'll be the one to swim against the current here. Why in hell are they going back to this well again?? I played the hell out of this on PS One, played the hell out of it on PC, played the hell out of the Remake on Game Cube, etc. I see no point in going back to this again! If Capcom had announced a full blown reboot I would be excited but I just don't see the point in going back to this game AGAIN.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #13
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Alright, I'll be the one to swim against the current here. Why in hell are they going back to this well again?? I played the hell out of this on PS One, played the hell out of it on PC, played the hell out of the Remake on Game Cube, etc. I see no point in going back to this again! If Capcom had announced a full blown reboot I would be excited but I just don't see the point in going back to this game AGAIN.
This is the start of a new possible reboot. Instead of remaking one again, it's a remaster with some new content. If it's successful, the series will continue with RE2 remake and so on.

At least, that's the hope.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011
Austin, TX

I'm just happy that this news has nudged me out of my post-Last of Us completion depression.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
This is by far the most requested game in the series to get a re-release. Considering how it never made it outside the GC, many gamers never experienced it. This is the first time this game has seen a re-release. I think its obvious why they would go back to it. I never thought it would happen as I just assumed there was some logistics issue with Nintendo.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:08 PM   #16
Power Member

Feb 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland

no more opening doors!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #17
Power Member

Feb 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland

This better have a Platinum. Capcom's HD version of RE4 was shit on the PS3. No Move support and only 12 trophies? Pfft!
Thanks given by:
Gamma_Winstead (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

I for one am VERY happy about this... I've enjoyed many of the ports of the original RE, and the GameCube version was always my favorite, and I've always wanted to see it remastered in HD. My prayers have been answered! And in full 1080p on PS4? Yes please!

And yes, like many, I too would like an RE2 remake, but I'm still very excited about this! This and Mortal Kombat X are my two most anticipated for 2015!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #19
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPangYau View Post
I for one am VERY happy about this... I've enjoyed many of the ports of the original RE, and the GameCube version was always my favorite, and I've always wanted to see it remastered in HD. My prayers have been answered! And in full 1080p on PS4? Yes please!

And yes, like many, I too would like an RE2 remake, but I'm still very excited about this! This and Mortal Kombat X are my two most anticipated for 2015!
Lots of signs pointing towards RE2 remake coming soon as well!
Old 08-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
Florida

Even if the game does not have trophies, i still will buy it and play it on day 1!!. This game was epic on PS1 and i am sure it will be better on the ps4. Just because a game does not have trophies you will not buy it? that's ridiculous as you should buy a game based on if you enjoy it not about the darn trophies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Watson View Post
This better have a Platinum. Capcom's HD version of RE4 was shit on the PS3. No Move support and only 12 trophies? Pfft!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4