Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Shenmue III (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$36.04
4 hrs ago
XIII (PS4)
$24.00

Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99
1 day ago
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$29.97

Who Wants to Be A Millionare (PS4)
$19.99

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$19.93

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
$39.99

NHL 21 Ultimate Edition (PS4)
$42.97

Streets Of Rage 4 (PS4)
$29.60

The Last of Us Part II (PS4)
$29.83

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 08-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #21
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Capcom will release Resident Evil for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on November 27 in Japan. The PlayStation 3 version will be sold as both a downloadable game and retail title. A boxed copy goes for 3,990 yen plus tax. Fans can also pick up a version with an 48 page art guide book and G. Trevor floor map for 4,990 yen plus tax.

Capcom also has a Resident Evil e-Capcom edition with Resident Evil HD Remaster for PlayStation 3, the items from the limited edition, a S.T.A.R.S. notebook cover, Resident Evil 2015 notebook a S.T.A.R.S. model ballpoint pen from Lamy, and a S.T.A.R.S. metal clip. This will retail for 11,111 yen plus tax.

Here are some comparison screenshots that show the Gamecube version and updated version of Resident Evil. The HD remastered version is on the left and the 2002 remake is on the right.

Also, Capcom sent over character models for Resident Evil HD Remaster.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/05...edition-japan/
Old 08-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Send a message via ICQ to Harlock415 Send a message via AIM to Harlock415 Send a message via Yahoo to Harlock415

I've never played any of the Resident Evil games, this would be new to me.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlock415 View Post
I've never played any of the Resident Evil games, this would be new to me.
This is the best place to start then
Old 08-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #24
Special Member

Jan 2008
Michigan

I hate to be the naysayer on this one, but owning the Ultimate Edition from a couple years ago (all of them on one disc), I can safely say this game needs a complete reboot, even if they use the original story.

The controls were clunky by modern standards and this is an obvious cash grab.

What's next? HD Parasite Eve?
Old 08-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I never thought it would happen as I just assumed there was some logistics issue with Nintendo.
No. The "Capcom Five" did not include REmake. The games were

P.N.03
Viewtiful Joe
Dead Phoenix (never released)
RE4
Killer 7

The reason we never got the MGS remake ported was issues with Silicon Knights. So this was just a question of timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothwilder Blu View Post

Yes please.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #26

Apr 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

This should be good.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #27
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

ill wait for it to become free on the ps+. since i didnt like the gamecube version. wish it was the original version of re and not the remake.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Quote:
Don't say that too loudly. Those idiots are Square-Enix will hear you and start its production by pulling everyone off of every other S-E project.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #29
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
No. The "Capcom Five" did not include REmake. The games were

P.N.03
Viewtiful Joe
Dead Phoenix (never released)
RE4
Killer 7

The reason we never got the MGS remake ported was issues with Silicon Knights. So this was just a question of timing.

Im not referring to the Capcom 5 and I said nothing of MGS. The C5 stuff was announced in late 2002. Back in 2001, Capcom announced an exclusivity deal with Nintendo to release a set of RE games on the GC, which ended up being Zero, Remake and 4. Until today, 4 is the only one that has remained exclusivity as it seemed there was something about Zero and Remake that prevented Capcom from re-releasing them. Im sure if there wasn't, we would have already seen both titles elsewhere bc Capcom more than anyone loves to milk their titles (look how many times all the other RE games have been ported)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
ill wait for it to become free on the ps+. since i didnt like the gamecube version. wish it was the original version of re and not the remake.
You can already play that on the PS3 and a number of different consoles. It would be kind of silly if this announcement was about porting over the PS1 original to the PS4

Last edited by Havok83; 08-05-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:37 AM   #30
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
Don't say that too loudly. Those idiots are Square-Enix will hear you and start its production by pulling everyone off of every other S-E project.
Good, those terrible projects don't need to see the light of day anyways!
Old 08-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Quote:
I hate to be the naysayer on this one, but owning the Ultimate Edition from a couple years ago (all of them on one disc), I can safely say this game needs a complete reboot, even if they use the original story.

The controls were clunky by modern standards and this is an obvious cash grab.

That was the first thing that came to my mind. How many people destroyed RE5 for not being able to shoot and move, let alone the tank control scheme of pressing up to move forward and so on. I'd love to see this and Zero, but don't know how it can survive with the original control setup. I used to love Code Veronica on Dreamcast, but when I bought it last year with RE4 found it to be basically unplayable and didn't even make it to the first time you see the Dicaprio character.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:41 PM   #32
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
That was the first thing that came to my mind. How many people destroyed RE5 for not being able to shoot and move, let alone the tank control scheme of pressing up to move forward and so on. I'd love to see this and Zero, but don't know how it can survive with the original control setup. I used to love Code Veronica on Dreamcast, but when I bought it last year with RE4 found it to be basically unplayable and didn't even make it to the first time you see the Dicaprio character.
Code Veronica has always been the worst in the series as far as controls go however.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #33
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
Florida

Reading some of these comments make me laugh...

Guys - We are finally getting a re release on next gen consoles (Especially on PS4 & PS3). People complain because of the controls how bad they were back then. The controls to me where fine and i loved the camera angle views better than from behind the back personally (To each there own).

Why can't you be satisfied with the release of this? Nothing is perfect in life and things are always going to have flaws here n there but you gotta look past it.

I saw that a user put that it (better have trophies if not then he will not buy it).... seriously? So you only buy games based on trophy support or the amount of trophies it has? What ever happened to playing a game for its enjoyment and for the love of the game itself. So you mean to tell me that if a game, lets say your favorite was MGS and it got a release but it did not have trophies, you would not buy it? Cmon man thats pure crap
Old 08-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #34
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Oh, I'm through the roof for this! One of my all time favorite games, and my all time favorite franchise. I can't wait to play it again. I played REmake for wii yesterday because I couldn't handle the wait!

I never understood the complaints about the controls. They always made perfect sense to me. But if you do have an issue with it, at least Remake will have a new scheme for the remaster!
Old 08-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #35
Power Member

Feb 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rz_Samurai View Post
I saw that a user put that it (better have trophies if not then he will not buy it).... seriously? So you only buy games based on trophy support or the amount of trophies it has? What ever happened to playing a game for its enjoyment and for the love of the game itself. So you mean to tell me that if a game, lets say your favorite was MGS and it got a release but it did not have trophies, you would not buy it? Cmon man thats pure crap
Get off your high horse!

I HAVE played the game for the enjoyment, all the way through, several times on the Gamecube.

If they want me to buy it again then there needs to be a new challenge.

Is that okay for you, or do I need to explain myself to you further?
Thanks given by:
Josh B (08-07-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 08:20 PM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
Florida

To each there own man... I was just stating the obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Watson View Post
Get off your high horse!

I HAVE played the game for the enjoyment, all the way through, several times on the Gamecube.

If they want me to buy it again then there needs to be a new challenge.

Is that okay for you, or do I need to explain myself to you further?
Old 08-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

For those who want to play this in HD (like myself) then it's great and I'll buy this, though I was expecting a full re-remake.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #38
Special Member

Jan 2008
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rz_Samurai View Post
Reading some of these comments make me laugh...

Guys - We are finally getting a re release on next gen consoles (Especially on PS4 & PS3). People complain because of the controls how bad they were back then. The controls to me where fine and i loved the camera angle views better than from behind the back personally (To each there own).

Why can't you be satisfied with the release of this? Nothing is perfect in life and things are always going to have flaws here n there but you gotta look past it.

First off, obviously trophies matter to quite a few people on this board.

Second, to each their own, and I understand HD remakes on some things. However, it has become more of a trend than original gaming. You see the same in movies. They are remaking EVERYTHING. As far as modern games go, the indy developers are having more luck than the mainstream releases.

HD remakes (and yes, I own FFX and Kingdom hearts.....more becuase Square can't prduce anything close anymore) are a pure cash grab.

Resident Evil was a PS1 and Gamecube game. Even with the screenshots, you can only polish a turd so much. I agree with getting off your high horse. Most of us were only stating our personal view of the game itself. We weren't being judgemental of what makes games fun for different people.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #39
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Polish a turd? This is one of the best horror games of all time, and to this day remains a GORGEOUS game. What are you talking about?
Thanks given by:
Danchez (08-07-2014), FunkJames (08-08-2014), Visionist (08-10-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #40
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

Quote:
First off, obviously trophies matter to quite a few people on this board.

Second, to each their own, and I understand HD remakes on some things. However, it has become more of a trend than original gaming. You see the same in movies. They are remaking EVERYTHING. As far as modern games go, the indy developers are having more luck than the mainstream releases.

HD remakes (and yes, I own FFX and Kingdom hearts.....more becuase Square can't prduce anything close anymore) are a pure cash grab.

Resident Evil was a PS1 and Gamecube game. Even with the screenshots, you can only polish a turd so much. I agree with getting off your high horse. Most of us were only stating our personal view of the game itself. We weren't being judgemental of what makes games fun for different people.
One of the greatest survival horror games of all time is a turd?
Thanks given by:
Visionist (08-10-2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4