Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dreams (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99
1 day ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99
1 day ago
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (PS4)
$19.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$32.53
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 09-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
MD
Default Days Gone - Sony Bend

From Shinobi, same Neogaf insider who leaked the new Guerilla Games IP early on.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=766

Quote:
Wait what?? Bends Game 2015 confirmed?? Tell us more!

Open world horror. That's it for now.

Last thing I need on my doorstep are Sony assassins.
Thanks given by:
kdubby (07-06-2017), Mobe1969 (09-17-2014)
Old 09-17-2014, 02:22 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008
Boston, MA PSN: KingBing

I need more info!!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:10 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Bend is a very underrated studio.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:21 AM   #4
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Bend is a very underrated studio.
Didn't they port a game to the psp or the vita? I can't remember which one.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #5
Banned

Jan 2013

Dunno who Bend are but the idea of an open world horror sounds rather intriguing and, to my knowledge, hasn't been done before.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2011
UK

I've never heard of that studio before.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Horror? I hope that's not codename for zombies bc that's been done to death over the past gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukraj View Post
I've never heard of that studio before.
they make handheld versions of some of Sony's first party IPs. I believe this will be their first original console release
Thanks given by:
Mobe1969 (09-17-2014), sukraj (04-21-2016)
Old 09-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

I'm interested...
Old 09-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Sony Bend is also the team responsible for the Syphon Filter games (back when they were known as Eidetic studios).

It'll be their first original console game since the PS2 days though.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #10

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Didn't they port a game to the psp or the vita? I can't remember which one.
Bend developed Uncharted: Golden Abyss for the Vita. It was a launch title and it still remains as one of the best games for the system. BTW, it was not a port, but a whole new Uncharted adventure.

Last edited by pitchman; 09-18-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #11
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

thx for the info. i couldnt remember what they did.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
MD

Little late, but good source of infos

http://www.bendstudio.com/games

Also, looking back at the end of 2013, here's a nuget that Shu Yoshida let out that would tend to confirm Shinobi's leak.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...make_you_panic

Quote:
The most interesting comment pertained to Syphon Filter developer Sony Bend, however, when the likeable executive pointed out that players should prepare to “panic”.
And you have to go back to October 2013 to see that indeed Bend has apparently been working on a next gen (PS4) title:
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...uring_onto_ps4

Quote:
The eagle-eyed folks over at NeoGAF uncovered the Linked In profile of Rick Stalder, a senior user interface artist who’s working on an unannounced title for the impending system out of the team’s Oregon-based office.
Quote:
Rick Stalder
Sr. UI Artist at Sony Computer Entertainment America
Bend, Oregon
Computer Games
Originally Posted by LinkedIn

Sr. UI Artist
Sony Computer Entertainment America
August 2013 – Present (3 months)

Unannounced Action/Adventure (PS4 ONLY)
Develop the UI style through the development of moodboards.

Last edited by Elandyll; 09-17-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:05 AM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
VA

I really hope it's not zombies. I hope it's more of an I Am Legend type of thing (the Matheson book, more than the movie) where you live in a world of vampires or something. Let the Last of Us and Walking Dead and H1Z1 and Dead Rising and etc. have the zombies for now.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:05 AM   #14
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
thx for the info. i couldnt remember what they did.
They also made the Resistance psp game (not the badd vita one)= which was very good. Color me excited but dissapointed there isn't more uncharted coming for the vita.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post
I really hope it's not zombies. I hope it's more of an I Am Legend type of thing (the Matheson book, more than the movie) where you live in a world of vampires or something. Let the Last of Us and Walking Dead and H1Z1 and Dead Rising and etc. have the zombies for now.
IA. I wish more games did vampires. Infamous FoB was great for that but I want a game that fully embraces this concept. Its been a long while since the Legacy of Kain series. A game more grounded in reality with a premise around vampires sounds very interesting
Thanks given by:
ariakon (09-19-2014)
Old 09-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
IA. I wish more games did vampires. Infamous FoB was great for that but I want a game that fully embraces this concept. Its been a long while since the Legacy of Kain series. A game more grounded in reality with a premise around vampires sounds very interesting
Personally I'd love to see something that was a cross between the old White Wolf Vampire/Werewolf/Mage stuff or the True Blood stuff and the more recent Zombie apocalypse stuff.

Those monsters aren't as mindless/virus-like as zombies, but it would be neat to see a world with all the monsters come out, society collapses as a result, and then you're dealing with a post apocalyptic "humans aren't the top of the food chain" with a little more room for subtly and intelligence.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Kid View Post
Personally I'd love to see something that was a cross between the old White Wolf Vampire/Werewolf/Mage stuff or the True Blood stuff and the more recent Zombie apocalypse stuff.

Those monsters aren't as mindless/virus-like as zombies, but it would be neat to see a world with all the monsters come out, society collapses as a result, and then you're dealing with a post apocalyptic "humans aren't the top of the food chain" with a little more room for subtly and intelligence.
that sounds pretty good as well
Old 09-21-2014, 12:57 AM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Virtual Reality

Quote:
I Just need my Dying Light! Lol. I've been a fan of zombie movies since I was a kid. And in recent years The Walking Dead. And have never played a zombie game. So can't wait to actually, virtually at least, experience trying to survive a zombie plague.

But yeah, I'm curious as to what this game is about. Open world horror, it's got to be fun.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:43 AM   #19
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
I Just need my Dying Light! Lol. I've been a fan of zombie movies since I was a kid. And in recent years The Walking Dead. And have never played a zombie game. So can't wait to actually, virtually at least, experience trying to survive a zombie plague.

But yeah, I'm curious as to what this game is about. Open world horror, it's got to be fun.
Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare is one of the best single player zombie games made. There were rumors of a GTAV Undead Nightmare game being planned, but I'm pretty sure they're just rumors.

I read Dying Light will be faster paced than Dead Island is. Dead Island was a very tense game, though the freedom to explore was limited, and a good kick was often your best weapon most times.

Quote:
That sounds good. Vincent Price's Last Man on Earth captured the idea of the book pretty well. They were walking vampires that hid during the day and came out to attack at night. He would board up his home while they kept him awake all night. During the day, he'd scavenge the empty city.

Sony Bend originally were responsible for the Syphon Filter Games way back on the PS1. They were great games for those times, especially the first and 3rd one. Gabe Logan was a great character they ditched in the Syphon Filter PS2 game, and after that, the series was forgotten except for the handheld editions and later ports.

I hope it's true open world and the interiors aren't so often reserved for "Missions only" as they did with Watch Dogs and many other open games.

I'd like an open world horror game with a day/night cycle that resembles the horror style of the classic Deadly Premonition, only with better graphics.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare is one of the best single player zombie games made. There were rumors of a GTAV Undead Nightmare game being planned, but I'm pretty sure they're just rumors.

I read Dying Light will be faster paced than Dead Island is. Dead Island was a very tense game, though the freedom to explore was limited, and a good kick was often your best weapon most times.

That sounds good. Vincent Price's Last Man on Earth captured the idea of the book pretty well. They were walking vampires that hid during the day and came out to attack at night. He would board up his home while they kept him awake all night. During the day, he'd scavenge the empty city.

Sony Bend originally were responsible for the Syphon Filter Games way back on the PS1. They were great games for those times, especially the first and 3rd one. Gabe Logan was a great character they ditched in the Syphon Filter PS2 game, and after that, the series was forgotten except for the handheld editions and later ports.

I hope it's true open world and the interiors aren't so often reserved for "Missions only" as they did with Watch Dogs and many other open games.

I'd like an open world horror game with a day/night cycle that resembles the horror style of the classic Deadly Premonition, only with better graphics.
I saw the Last Man on Earth (I can't remember if it was Mystery Science Theatre 3000 or just on the Science-fiction channel when I was a kid) before I read I Am Legend. I remember thinking that the plot of the story was oddly familiar as I read it (though I preferred Matheson's story, since I'm a book nerd English Major and am one of those "the book was better" guys).

Not much of a fan of Deadly Premonition, but I like your idea of a fully open world game quite a bit.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4