Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99

Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99

Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
9 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 09-24-2014, 06:00 AM   #21
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post
I saw the Last Man on Earth (I can't remember if it was Mystery Science Theatre 3000 or just on the Science-fiction channel when I was a kid) before I read I Am Legend. I remember thinking that the plot of the story was oddly familiar as I read it (though I preferred Matheson's story, since I'm a book nerd English Major and am one of those "the book was better" guys).

Not much of a fan of Deadly Premonition, but I like your idea of a fully open world game quite a bit.
I need to read that book. I know George A Romero said he was also inspired by that film for his Night of the Living Dead. I'll seek I Am Legend out thanks to your recommendation. Thanks!

Yeah, hopefully this will be offered in 2015 and we get some news soon.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I need to read that book. I know George A Romero said he was also inspired by that film for his Night of the Living Dead. I'll seek I Am Legend out thanks to your recommendation. Thanks!

Yeah, hopefully this will be offered in 2015 and we get some news soon.
It's a great story, probably my favorite of Matheson's. The final few lines are some of my favorite in any book. (Matheson was a very skilled writer in general, his prose is masterfully smooth and easy to read). Supposedly, Blade 3 was going to be based on the story, but the studio didn't think it would sell. Boo-urns!
Old 09-26-2014, 05:33 AM   #23
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post
It's a great story, probably my favorite of Matheson's. The final few lines are some of my favorite in any book. (Matheson was a very skilled writer in general, his prose is masterfully smooth and easy to read). Supposedly, Blade 3 was going to be based on the story, but the studio didn't think it would sell. Boo-urns!
Thanks Ariakon. Yeah, I remember David S. Goyer was talking about Blade 3 as far into the future, where the entire world was taken over by mostly vampires and Blade was still around, fighting a hopeless battle against them. That would have been a cool way to finish the series with Snipes, instead of Blade Trinity, which made Blade fight for screen time with too many other protagonists.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:26 AM   #24
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

BUMP

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...ow-people-away

Quote:
Sony Bend, the PlayStation studio that most recently developed Uncharted: Golden Abyss for the Vita, is working on a new game for the PS4 that will "blow people away."

The studio's technical director, Christopher Reese, shared the news in a job recruitment post on Gamasutra. Reese said the team is looking for some "badass coders to help us push the PS4 somewhere it's never been before," using Unreal Engine 4.

"I think the thing I'm most excited about is the fact we're doing a PS4 game, and it's next gen, and to me that means we face the challenges of reaching a quality bar that's going to make for an awesome experience for the player," Reese said.

Sony Bend has already been working on the new game for over a year in pre-production. No other details were given.
Thanks given by:
Noahishere (01-22-2015)
Old 01-22-2015, 04:40 PM   #25
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Guessing this will be an E3 reveal. Can't wait.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:33 AM   #26
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Hopefully they show some pictures of the game within the next few months, or describe more about it.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #27
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Some info from a Reddit that is supposed to belong to a former Bend artist Athey Moravetz about the studio in general.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/..._it_got_zapped

Quote:
"We did make an inFAMOUS pitch at one point," she wrote as part of a thread on the developer's recent recruitment drive. Apparently, the studio switched its attention to the superhero series after Naughty Dog put the boot in another portable Uncharted title. "They were worried about franchise burnout with so many games coming out so close together, so they nixed it."
Quote:
According to the evidently disgruntled employee, the first-party firm cycled through a series of ideas, before settling on its current one. "There was a really awesome futuristic sci-fi one that I really liked," she continued. "We had an amazing future city and a character that could run around and scale buildings with these jet boots, and it was awesome."
Quote:
Judging by her various posts, it sounds like the studio also had a steampunk title in the works, but that was quickly canned. In fact, she doesn't paint a very positive picture of the Oregon-based outfit at all. "I think that the shift to the PlayStation 4 was a desperate bid to get something green lit," she speculated. "When you go through so many pitches, you start trying anything."

As for the project that the organisation's currently working on, Moravetz suggests that the jury's still out. "Hard to say if you should be excited," she mused. "There's a group of super talented guys there [...] but there's a lot of burnout right now; lots of talent has left over the last year."
Sad to hear if true. Really great studio. Hopefully they're on the right page now.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (01-23-2015)
Old 01-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #28
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

An open world horror game is welcome. Maybe something like Silent Hill in a truly open world without limited paths.

Syphon Filter was a fun series thanks to Gabe Logan and the kick@ss music, at least for 1 to 3, even if the controls were clunky. Didn't like when they ditched the main character for the first PS2 game.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Portland, OR

I'm excited to hear more and see some pics for this game but I have to say, Bloodborne from From Software kind of beat them to the punch somewhat. Not a bad thing to have multiple open world horror games of course, I'm just really curious as to what is going to make Bend's game as amazing as they are saying it is.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:28 PM   #30
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Is Sony Bend's new PS4 game called Dead Don't Ride?

Acording to industry tipster ‘Shinobi602,’ Sony Bend’s as-yet unannounced PlayStation 4 will be known as Dead Don’t Ride.

Writing on Twitter, the insider confirmed that the mystery project is not a racing game despite what the name may imply. We’ve embedded his Tweets below for your viewing pleasure.

Quote:
DEAD scavenge, we survive

DON'T fear them, on metal & bikes we drive

RIDE, don't run, the apocalypse is good fun#DeadDontRide#SonyBend

— shinobi602 (@shinobi602) April 18, 2016
That’s not all, however. NeoGAF user ‘get2sammyb’ did a bit of snooping, and found that Sony Interactive Entertainment registered the domain ‘deaddontride.com’ back in 2014. The registration was made by Arran Green, who is “responsible for the management, strategy and executive creative direction of the WWS Creative group. Managing multiple locations across California – San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco.”

More info corroborating the game’s title was found by user Leona Lewis, who discovered that Dead Don’t Ride was listed on the resume of a stuntwoman known as Jade Quon. The individual had previously worked on a number of high-profile games, such as Resident Evil 5 and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Sony Bend’s new game has been the subject of much speculation for a couple of years now, with early reports suggesting it will take the form of an open-world horror game using the Unreal Engine.

Regardless, the studio hasn’t shipped a game in the west since Uncharted: Golden Abyss for PlayStation Vita way back in 2012. Following that game's release, the studio embarked on an ill-fated inFAMOUS title for Sony's latest handheld.

Hopefully we'll hear more on the company's new game at E3 in June.

http://www.psu.com/news/29813/Is-Son...ead-Dont-Ride-
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 04:11 AM   #31
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Cool, thanks for the details.
If it's true, sounds like Dead Don't Ride includes motorcycles set in a horror world. Guessing you can hop off the bike and go on foot against the monsters or end of the world setting.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:20 PM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I need some Bend goodness in my life. It's been far too long.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #33
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Hope we see this at E3.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:40 PM   #34
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

The title and Shinobi's description makes it seem like a cartoony/fun type of horror game and not a serious one.

Was hoping for something straight up horror like Until Dawn or Silent Hills.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:30 PM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

E3 for sure. Bend has been waiting in the wings for too long since the PS4's reveal.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:51 AM   #36
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by detective392 View Post
The title and Shinobi's description makes it seem like a cartoony/fun type of horror game and not a serious one.

Was hoping for something straight up horror like Until Dawn or Silent Hills.
Same here. This is said to have motorcycles or something set in a horror landscape, "Dead Don't Ride" was the rumored title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Curry View Post
E3 for sure. Bend has been waiting in the wings for too long since the PS4's reveal.
Hopefully that means they'll have the game almost finished when it's revealed, for a short wait time.
Thanks given by:
Blu-Curry (06-07-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 02:22 AM   #37
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

So this is called Days Gone officially.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:25 AM   #38
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Old 06-14-2016, 03:10 AM   #39