Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99

Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99

Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
9 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 11-09-2020, 01:29 AM   #1101
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Dallas, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azyiu View Post
Hey guys, I ran into a new bug that I've never encountered prior to the recent update.

There is this wooden bridge located northeast on the Highway 97 map, or just southwest from mission "What It Takes To Survive"; and it becomes "hollow" and you would just fall into the creek below. I've tried getting across that bridge 3 times by bike or on foot, and then even reloaded the game. Same result. You guys check it and see if it is just me or is this really a new bug.
Don't just reload a save, completely close the game and restart. See if that helps.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:22 PM   #1102
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2015

Game is apparently locked 60 on the PS5. I am going to have to replay it some point then.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:17 PM   #1103

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
Game is apparently locked 60 on the PS5. I am going to have to replay it some point then.

it is - runs smooth like butter. feels like a different game to me. I don't know if I have it in me to get through the whole thing again, but I'm enjoying it in the meantime.
Thanks given by:
emailking (11-20-2020), Talal86 (11-15-2020)
Old 11-15-2020, 05:47 PM   #1104
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedilips View Post
it is - runs smooth like butter. feels like a different game to me. I don't know if I have it in me to get through the whole thing again, but I'm enjoying it in the meantime.
Yes, I just loaded it and this game is beautiful locked in at 60 FPS. It honestly is amazing. Less trees popping in while driving the bike, etc. I couldn't stop saying, "This is beautiful."
Thanks given by:
Azyiu (11-15-2020), emailking (11-20-2020), Talal86 (11-15-2020)
Old 11-16-2020, 10:08 AM   #1105
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Good to hear. I haven't played it yet, so looking forward to getting stuck into it!
Old 11-16-2020, 01:44 PM   #1106
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

I went five months without thinking about even buying this game because of all the negative reviews! Well, the critic-average is wrong. Any Pro-critic or User review who scored this below an 8.0 is wrong, too. If the same critics loved The Last of Us (95/9.1), Red Dead Redemption 2 (97/8.0) and Horizon Zero Dawn (89/8.4), then this should be graded around the same because it's like a culmination of all of those.

I gave it a 9.5 out of 10 and rounded UP (over at metacritic) to help offset the unwarranted negative reviews
Thanks given by:
Azyiu (11-20-2020), Tibor Lugosi (11-22-2020)
Old 11-20-2020, 12:06 AM   #1107
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2015

Yeah game was kind of rough with the bugs at launch but they eventually fixed pretty much everything except some of the framerate issues with the bike. Glad those are gone on PS5.
Thanks given by:
Azyiu (11-20-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 05:37 AM   #1108
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

I have Days Gone installed on PS5.

Wow. This is now like a PS5 game. It (still) looks awesome, and the loading is much faster by a mile. The 60 fps is great too. No issues at all so far. I'm playing with the latest Days Gone update that has the Death Stranding bike upgrades. No texture issues or pop ins anymore.

The update was 31 freaking GB, which is ridiculous. That's a whole game's worth.

The new fuel tank that goes to 100% is finally lined up with reality and takes forever to drain compared to the leaking joke of a tank before, which used to require a refuel every five minutes. They fixed it here. Faster top speed too thanks to the improved frame rate. Much better.
Thanks given by:
Azyiu (11-22-2020), emailking (11-27-2020), Talal86 (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 06:35 AM   #1109
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

I installed it too, will play it after finishing Ghost of Tsushima (new game plus)

btw the update basically replaced the game’s files so the extra 31GB didn’t add up on top of the game, in fact the game file is now smaller than it was when I played it on ps4 pro, almost half the size actually
Thanks given by:
emailking (11-27-2020)
Old 11-27-2020, 07:59 PM   #1110
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
I installed it too, will play it after finishing Ghost of Tsushima (new game plus)

btw the update basically replaced the gameís files so the extra 31GB didnít add up on top of the game, in fact the game file is now smaller than it was when I played it on ps4 pro, almost half the size actually
That's good to hear. Thanks.
So it's not the game plus 31 GB.

What's nice about Days Gone, is even though day light is short, night time is in the brightness of a full moon, so it's well lit and not tough to see around you.
Thanks given by:
emailking (11-27-2020)
Old 01-02-2021, 04:37 AM   #1111
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Nice comparison of PS4 to PS5 for Days Gone.

Is there going to be a sequel? I have my doubts. But now is the time to make a sequel since they already have all of the assets from the first game. That usually helps things go faster rather than rebuilding everything again from the ground up again. This game took a long time in development.
Old 01-02-2021, 07:12 AM   #1112

Jan 2020
oakland

I popped onto the forum and noticed this was the most recently updated thread for Playstation which is rad because I just started playing this game on the PS5 and I'm loving it. It didn't stick with me when I played it when it first came out on the PS4. I just platinumed Ghost of Tsushima and now I'm onto this.
Thanks given by:
Azyiu (01-02-2021)
Old 01-02-2021, 10:32 AM   #1113
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Nice. Yeah, this game totally shines on PS5 with that gigantic 47 GB update or whatever it was for the PS5.

I thought it was weird how it now has Death Stranding themes in the game like a DS Motorcycle Tank BB baby in the fuel tank. Then I remembered Hideo Kojima's game is a PS4 exclusive and so is Sony Bend's Days Gone.

The new gigantic fuel tank is great and lasts 20 minutes I'd say as I can actually ride the bike more than 5 literal minutes before the bike runs out of fuel. That was the worst fuel tank issue I've ever seen in a video game open world. It's like the tank was leaking/pouring out fuel. So unrealistic it was impractical.

But yeah, Days Gone is a solid zombie infestation game in an open world and probably the only one for PS5 that is 3rd person open world zombies. What other one is there?

A sequel? I'm not sure. I'd be shocked if so.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:31 PM   #1114
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2016

Been playing a lot of Days Gone lately on PS5, and just like Ghosts of Tsushima, it looks and runs great. I originally bought it on PS4 Pro and wasn't impressed but this time around I quickly got hooked. Clearing out various camps and hordes is really satisfying, as well as riding around on the motorbike, and it all just comes to life on PS5 in a way it didn't on PS4.

Oddly, my main gripe is the length. The game is far too repetitive to justify such a long campaign. I'm almost 30 hours into it and I already feel like it's about 5 hours too long and I just found out I still have another 8-10 hours to go, which I'm honestly not sure I can handle. This game feels like a nice change of pace from the typical Ubisoft sandbox formula but the one thing it unfortunately has in common is there's way too much redundant filler.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:47 PM   #1115
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnoyes View Post
Been playing a lot of Days Gone lately on PS5, and just like Ghosts of Tsushima, it looks and runs great. I originally bought it on PS4 Pro and wasn't impressed but this time around I quickly got hooked. Clearing out various camps and hordes is really satisfying, as well as riding around on the motorbike, and it all just comes to life on PS5 in a way it didn't on PS4.

Oddly, my main gripe is the length. The game is far too repetitive to justify such a long campaign. I'm almost 30 hours into it and I already feel like it's about 5 hours too long and I just found out I still have another 8-10 hours to go, which I'm honestly not sure I can handle. This game feels like a nice change of pace from the typical Ubisoft sandbox formula but the one thing it unfortunately has in common is there's way too much redundant filler.
Totally agree with the first paragraph.
Disagree with the second paragraph.

This is the first game I'me actually playing through again so quickly after finishing it the first time. It goes really quickly on the second play through with shorter load times and better frame rate (new game +). I love that the story takes a while to unfold. To me, the pacing is perfect. There's not much negative I can say about this game. It's near perfect for me. Even the bike and weapon upgrade system is perfectly paced and rewarding. And I actually feel like the missions are diverse enough to keep my interest. I REALLY hope there's a sequel.
Thanks given by:
Azyiu (01-30-2021)
Old 01-31-2021, 12:56 AM   #1116
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

If you're looking for game length value of missions, this game goes waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond what I ever expected, at the expense of a concentrated, focused story that instead, wanders off into lots of small task side tasks that are actually main missions required to complete the game. But if you want a ton of missions to keep you busy, this game delivers and over delivers. That's where a lot of the delays probably went before this game was finally released.

Even so, playing it again on PS5, the experience is much smoother in all ways. It could easily have a PS5 logo on it and resold for 19.99 with this latest update and that would be as good as any of the other PS5 games out there, that's how impressive the graphics are in terms of texture quality, frame rate and resolution.

Been playing it for the past week again and it's a nice showcase of the PS5. PS4 couldn't handle this game very smoothly and was rough around the edges with texture pop in and frame rate stalling.

But yeah, the map, once unlocked, is gigantic with nice variety.

Just wish they would've added an option to extend the day light hours.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:47 AM   #1117

Apr 2010

I tried to get into this game it's just too difficult and realistic I was hoping for more of a Grand Theft Auto not having to worry about fuel and ammo and supplies all the time.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:55 AM   #1118
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillajay23 View Post
I tried to get into this game it's just too difficult and realistic I was hoping for more of a Grand Theft Auto not having to worry about fuel and ammo and supplies all the time.
My only issue really was having to worry about fuel. Itís a game I donít to have to gas up.
Old 01-31-2021, 02:37 AM   #1119
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
The Center of Smoked Bacon Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillajay23 View Post
The game isn't too difficult or too demanding TBH. It is the point of the game, if you have troubles surviving at times. That being said, set the difficulty lower if you still have troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
My only issue really was having to worry about fuel. Itís a game I donít to have to gas up.
Earn your credits at camps and upgrade your tank, simple as that.
Old 01-31-2021, 03:04 AM   #1120
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azyiu View Post
Earn your credits at camps and upgrade your tank, simple as that.
Yeah I know I beat the game itís just not a fan how we have to worry about gas.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4