Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$16.99
1 day ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$69.99
15 hrs ago
Shadow in the Cloud (Blu-ray)
$19.50

Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Old 11-10-2014, 12:19 AM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX
Default Your Friendly Neighborhood Moviefan

Inspired by a similar thread which Blackwidowavenger1964 started, I figured this would be a good place for me to answer questions other users might have for me. My only rules are: (1) please keep the questions respectful, and (2) no heckling. I reserve the right to refuse any question I deem inappropriate.

One more thing: my username often prompts people to ask what my favorite movie is, so here's the answer: "I don't have just one; there's too many to choose from."

So, ask away!

Last edited by Johnny Vinyl; 02-02-2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Updated title - member request
Thanks given by:
blackwidowavenger1964 (11-10-2014), MakeMineHD (02-17-2017)
Old 11-10-2014, 02:20 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Shield Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
Inspired by a similar thread which Blackwidowavenger1964 started, I figured this would be a good place for me to answer questions other users might have for me. My only rules are: (1) please keep the questions respectful, and (2) no heckling. I reserve the right to refuse any question I deem inappropriate.

One more thing: my username often prompts people to ask what my favorite movie is, so here's the answer: "I don't have just one; there's too many to choose from."

So, ask away!
What made you join the forum?
Old 11-10-2014, 02:41 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwidowavenger1964 View Post
What made you join the forum?
Well, I'd been somewhat aware of the HD "format war", and had been purposely waiting it out to see which side would win. I bought my first film on Blu-Ray in 2010, which was "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"...and when I heard there was a message board dedicated to all things Blu-Ray, it intrigued me. I had lots of questions at the start, and still have a few now about tech issues and such.

Next question...
Old 11-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Quote:
Well, I'd been somewhat aware of the HD "format war", and had been purposely waiting it out to see which side would win. I bought my first film on Blu-Ray in 2010, which was "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"...and when I heard there was a message board dedicated to all things Blu-Ray, it intrigued me. I had lots of questions at the start, and still have a few now about tech issues and such.

Next question...
What would you do if you had a billion dollars?
Old 11-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA

What is your Ultimate Question to the Ultimate Answer of Life, The Universe, and Everything? BTW, the answer is 42.

Mine is:
[Show spoiler]How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Last edited by kpkelley; 11-12-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Why did you choose the Henry David Thoreau quote? What does it mean and or represent to you?
Old 11-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddly6666 View Post
What would you do if you had a billion dollars?
Well, I believe in tithing, so the first 10% of that would be split among several ministries I respect. Another ten would be donated to various charities as well. That leaves $800 million left.

My sister and mother have wanted to travel the world, so I'd probably send them both on huge trips. If she'd accept it, I'd give some to an old girlfriend of mine, whom I still care deeply about. I'd want to buy a house of course, plus stock in water and electric companies. I'd want to help out some friends and acquaintances from my local church, especially at times like Christmas where so many suffer needlessly.

I don't drive due to epilepsy, but I've wanted a DeLorean since seeing "Back to the Future" for the first time. I'd probably pay someone to customize it, maybe even the guys who recently restored the screen-used one for Universal Studios. I'd probably visit some places in the U.S. I've never seen in person, like Mount Rushmore, the Statue of Liberty, and the 9/11 Memorial. I'd also want to tour the Nintendo headquarters in Redmond, WA, provided they still allow it of course. I do want to get LASIK and my strabismus fixed, plus corrective surgery on my teeth.

All of that would still leave a ton left, so I'm not really sure what else would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkelley View Post
What is your Ultimate Question to the Ultimate Answer of Life, The Universe, and Everything?
I've never read the Hitchiker's Guide, or seen anything based on it...but there's several questions I'd want answered from God, in a way I could understand and accept them. My faith is real, but its also a hard struggle for me because of the pain I've been through. I'd go into it here, but it would probably sidetrack the whole thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxbfly View Post
Why did you choose the Henry David Thoreau quote? What does it mean and or represent to you?
My pastor used it in a recent sermon, and I really loved it. My original signature was, "God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three", but the mods wanted me to change it.

Those were all great questions, guys; thanks for asking. Next...
Old 11-13-2014, 09:10 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA
Question

Weird, as I've been perusing the forums I've been listening to a Ben Shapiro video on YouTube. In the middle of reading this particular thread, I move over to the other tab to see what comments have been left on the video only to find Moviefan2k4 amongst them. Didn't know you had a YouTube account. With that knowledge, my questions are why did you decide to start making videos and do you have anxiety about putting yourself out in public?
Old 11-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #9
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat III View Post
Weird, as I've been perusing the forums I've been listening to a Ben Shapiro video on YouTube. In the middle of reading this particular thread, I move over to the other tab to see what comments have been left on the video only to find Moviefan2k4 amongst them. Didn't know you had a YouTube account. With that knowledge, my questions are why did you decide to start making videos and do you have anxiety about putting yourself out in public?
I've had a lot of anxiety about myself over the years, mostly because of my appearance and mannerisms. I have strabismus, which means my eyes are misaligned to the point that one gets pulled too far every time I shift my view. LASIK would probably cure my nearsightedness, but I'd need expensive ocular surgery to get everything done.

As for my mannerisms, I never understood why I was treated so differently from everyone else for the bulk of my life...until first reading about Asperger's Syndrome maybe three years ago. Here's the video I made on it, last year...

As for Ben Shapiro, I became a big fan of his after seeing some of his videos on YouTube, and have purchased a few of his books. I don't agree with everything he says, but its nice to see a conservative who's not ashamed to be bold.
Thanks given by:
nikon76 (03-01-2017)
Old 11-13-2014, 05:26 PM   #10

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Thank you for posting that video. I think you did an amazing job of explaining Asperger's Syndrome and thanks to you I have a better understanding of it.

Well done!
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (11-13-2014)
Old 11-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Thank you for posting that video. I think you did an amazing job of explaining Asperger's Syndrome and thanks to you I have a better understanding of it.

Well done!
Thanks to you as well; I've thought of redoing this video at times, because I came off as fairly depressed back then. However, after considering it, I realized it accurately reflected how I felt after my diagnosis, so I left it alone.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

If you could spend the day talking to a director about one of their movies, which director would it be and which movie would you want to hear their perspective about?
Old 11-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #13
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by assydingo View Post
If you could spend the day talking to a director about one of their movies, which director would it be and which movie would you want to hear their perspective about?
Oh, wow; that's definitely a tough one. I always suck at narrowing any of these things down to just one result, so here's a couple of answers.

First, I'd want to speak with Mel Gibson, about "Passion of the Christ". I know he's done interviews and such for it, but I'd really like to just sit down for a few hours, no cameras or anything, and get his uncensored, current opinion about it. Even with the liberties like Judas being chased by demonic "children" or Jesus levitating by about a foot on His cross, its still the most faithful adaptation of the Gospels I've ever seen.

Second, I'd probably want to discuss "The Crow" with Alex Proyas, because he hasn't said much about it from a non-technical perspective. I remember being very surprised that he'd done a commentary for the Blu-Ray release, but so little of it was about the story, characters, or performances. I have spoken briefly with James O'Barr about the movie, several times...but its hard to have a focused conversation with lots of other folks around.

Thirdly, I'd want to speak with Phil Alden Robinson, regarding his masterpiece "Field of Dreams". I've seen so many interviews and TV specials about the film, but most of them haven't focused on Phil's side of the process. He's mentioned the struggles about adapting W.P. Kinsella's novel into a screenplay, but I'd really like to hear his memories about working with the actors, and ask him if the tale has made him think more about issues like life and death in recent years.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Quote:
Oh, wow; that's definitely a tough one. I always suck at narrowing any of these things down to just one result, so here's a couple of answers.

First, I'd want to speak with Mel Gibson, about "Passion of the Christ". I know he's done interviews and such for it, but I'd really like to just sit down for a few hours, no cameras or anything, and get his uncensored, current opinion about it. Even with the liberties like Judas being chased by demonic "children" or Jesus levitating by about a foot on His cross, its still the most faithful adaptation of the Gospels I've ever seen.

Second, I'd probably want to discuss "The Crow" with Alex Proyas, because he hasn't said much about it from a non-technical perspective. I remember being very surprised that he'd done a commentary for the Blu-Ray release, but so little of it was about the story, characters, or performances. I have spoken briefly with James O'Barr about the movie, several times...but its hard to have a focused conversation with lots of other folks around.

Thirdly, I'd want to speak with Phil Alden Robinson, regarding his masterpiece "Field of Dreams". I've seen so many interviews and TV specials about the film, but most of them haven't focused on Phil's side of the process. He's mentioned the struggles about adapting W.P. Kinsella's novel into a screenplay, but I'd really like to hear his memories about working with the actors, and ask him if the tale has made him think more about issues like life and death in recent years.
More than one answer is fine. People say pick one as one is sometimes easier. But I completely understand having difficulty choosing.

Mel definitely put a lot of passion into Passion Of The Christ. Would be interesting to hear his thoughts about why he focused on certain elements as well as just in general. Without getting too into it I was once very into The Bible myself so I like hearing other people's experiences and perspective with faith and God. I'm sure he'd have some fascinating things to say.

Only seen The Crow and Field Of Dreams once. Both are worth seeing more than that but I haven't gotten around to it.

Thought of another question... who is your favourite animated Disney character? You can pick more than one if there isn't a decisive winner.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by assydingo View Post
Thought of another question... who is your favourite animated Disney character? You can pick more than one if there isn't a decisive winner.
I tend to enjoy quirky or somewhat "crazy" characters, so here's a few that come to mind...

My top fave is probably the Genie from "Aladdin"; I was so sad to hear about Robin Williams' passing. He did such a great job with that character, maintaining the heart along with the slapstick. Second in line would probably be the temperamental King from "Cinderella"; I love his argument scenes with the Duke. Third place would likely go to Captain Hook from "Peter Pan"; his scenes with Smee and the crocodile are still brilliant.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:54 PM   #16
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post

Well done!
I second that. thanks for posting it.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:13 AM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I second that. thanks for posting it.
You're welcome.

Next question...
Old 11-14-2014, 12:37 AM   #18
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
You're welcome.

Next question...
Why does Larura Palmer give me goosebumps at the end of Fire Walk With Me? (Twin Peaks)

If you have seen it please give your interpretation.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:11 AM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Why does Larura Palmer give me goosebumps at the end of Fire Walk With Me? (Twin Peaks)

If you have seen it please give your interpretation.
Questions directed to and about me, smart aleck. I've never watched "Twin Peaks".
Old 11-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #20
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

if you could sum up Aspergers in one sentence, what would you type?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages