Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
11 hrs ago
Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99
19 hrs ago
News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
19 hrs ago
Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$63.50

The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Black Clover: Season 1 and 2 Complete (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$14.96
16 hrs ago
Masterpiece: All Creatures Great and Small (Blu-ray)
$34.16
14 hrs ago
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 04-18-2015, 02:04 AM   #21
Expert Member

Mar 2013
Marvel Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzo29 View Post
We ordered Echo on January 9th and they gave us a delivery date of April 30. Surprisingly it is shipping today so we should get it on Monday with 2 day shipping. My major hope is that it is good with spelling. My kids ask how to spell just about everything at this point.
I asked it how to spell SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS and it was correct
Thanks given by:
donzo29 (04-18-2015)
Old 04-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA

I got my Echo last week and so far it has replaced my music listening at home and helped with traffic, weather, and sports. I had no issues setting it up with my android smartphone. Overall, a very pleasant experience, but not life changing. (7.5/10)

Here are some things that I've requested through the "General Feedback" of the app:

1) The ability to use the "simon says" feature through the app. I should have broadened my feedback, to "enable using your smartphone app like the remote."

2) Enabling Time-based activity activation, i.e. "turn-on coffee maker at 6am"

What things have you guys sent in as "General Feedback"?
Old 04-22-2015, 04:18 AM   #23
Expert Member

Mar 2013
Marvel Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkelley View Post
I got my Echo last week and so far it has replaced my music listening at home and helped with traffic, weather, and sports. I had no issues setting it up with my android smartphone. Overall, a very pleasant experience, but not life changing. (7.5/10)

Here are some things that I've requested through the "General Feedback" of the app:

1) The ability to use the "simon says" feature through the app. I should have broadened my feedback, to "enable using your smartphone app like the remote."

2) Enabling Time-based activity activation, i.e. "turn-on coffee maker at 6am"

What things have you guys sent in as "General Feedback"?
I have already suggested the app do everything the remote does and was told that was a good suggestion.

I also told them you should be able to setup reminders.

Examples of reminders:

Alexa, remind me at 8:00 AM to purchase batteries from the Amazon lighting deal.

Response from the Echo at 8:00 AM - "This is a reminder to purchase batteries from the Amazon lighting deal".

Alexa, remind me on April 15th at 10:30 AM to mail the taxes.

Response from the Echo on April 15th at 10:30 AM - "This is a reminder to mail the taxes".

Alexa, remind me on Sunday to call Mom.

Response from the Echo on Sunday - "This is a reminder to call Mom".

Alexa, remind me everyday at 6:00 PM to workout.

Response from the everyday at 6:00 PM - "This is a reminder to workout".

The Echo would simply repeat what was said after the word "to".

I got no response from this suggestion, I think more people need to suggest it.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA
Default IFTTT adds a channel for Amazon Echo

Link

Quote:
Amazon's continuing to position its voice-activated smart speaker well within the Internet of Things, with a new Amazon Echo channel on IFTTT, the popular online automation service.

IFTTT (short for "if this, then that") allows users to create free automated "recipes" that link web tools, social networks, and smart home gadgetry. A recipe could automatically cross post your Instagram shots to Tumblr, or turn on a web-connected outlet whenever you tweet a specific hashtag. With Echo in the picture, you'll be able trigger recipes simply by talking to the virtual assistant Alexa, Amazon's answer to Siri and Cortana.

At launch, your options are somewhat limited, with triggers (the "if this" part of IFTTT recipes) focused solely around Alexa's ability to manage to-do lists and shopping. That might signal an effort by Amazon to get Echo's users to start shopping with the device a little more. The recent rollout of Amazon Dash smart home grocery buttons makes it clear that Amazon sees big potential in bringing shopping smarts into the connected home.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:04 PM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA
Default Amazon adds Re-Ordering to Echo

Link

Quote:
Using Amazon Echo to Order Items

If you're an Amazon Prime member, you can order select Prime-eligible items using Amazon Echo.

Currently, you can order items you previously purchased from Amazon. To place an order, say the wake word followed by a request to order the item. For example, if you previously placed an order for laundry detergent, say, "Alexa, reorder laundry detergent.” If the item is eligible for purchase, Amazon Echo tells you the item name and cost, and then shows additional details about the item in the Amazon Echo App. When you want to place the order, say, "Yes."

Amazon Echo orders the item using the default payment and shipping settings in your account. Orders you place through Amazon Echo are also eligible for free returns within our return policy.

Tip: You can set up a speakable confirmation code, or turn voice purchasing off, in the Amazon Echo App. To learn more, go to Account Settings.

If Amazon Echo doesn't find the requested item in your order history, or if the item is out of stock, it may suggest an item from Amazon’s Choice, which picks highly-rated, well-priced products with Prime shipping. For example, if you ask your Amazon Echo to order laundry detergent from a specific brand, but the item is out of stock, your Amazon Echo says, "I didn’t find that in your order history, but Amazon’s Choice for laundry detergent is [item]. The order total is $[price]. Should I order it?”

Note: Amazon Echo won’t always provide you with an Amazon's Choice item. If Amazon's Choice doesn't find an item, Amazon Echo adds the requested item to your Shopping list instead.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:20 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA
Default ZDNet Review - Amazon Echo: It sucks. It's awesome. It sucks. We want two more

Link

Quote:
The balance between a device that's genuinely useful and yet another device that exists to suck you into buying yet more stuff from Amazon is a fine line. I can't yet tell which side of the line Amazon is on with the Echo.

But I will tell you this: we want one in the bedroom and we want one in the gym. And we don't want to go back on the "request an invite" list and wait, one per customer. We want them now.

For a device that does a lot of things poorly, for a device that cries out "1.0," for a device that barely adds minor, don't-really-need conveniences, that's saying a lot.

It's still not good. But it's right. Amazon has something here. And yeah, we want two more. Maybe also one in the kitchen.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:40 PM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA
Default Wink Support Added

Amazon's Echo now supports Wink Hub and it's related devices.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=11874301011
Old 08-13-2015, 06:40 PM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA

How to turn Amazon Echo into the brains of your smarthome

How Amazon Echo reduced my work disruptions and preserved family harmony
Old 11-03-2015, 06:29 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA
Default Recent Updates

Find local businesses and restaurants

You can now ask Echo for info on local businesses and restaurants and Alexa will give you the details—straight from Yelp. To get started, go to Settings in the Alexa App, select your device, and add your address. Here are some ideas once you're set up:

Craving cashew chicken? Just ask: "Alexa, find me a nearby Chinese restaurant."
Wondering when the pharmacy closes? Just ask: "Alexa, what are the hours for a nearby pharmacy?"

View even more details such as star rating, phone number, and a link to Yelp listings in the Alexa app.

Listen to your Sports Update

You can now ask Echo for a customized Sports Update for your favorite teams. Sports Update lets you know about your favorite team's latest games and schedules. And it's easy to customize. Open your Alexa App, select Sports Update in Settings, and add your favorite teams. Then, just ask "Alexa, give me my Sports Update."

Set a sleep timer

Want to fall asleep to your favorite music, podcast, or audiobook? With the launch of sleep timers for Echo, your nighttime routine can now be even more simple and peaceful. For example, you can say, "Alexa, set a sleep timer for 30 minutes."

Use Alexa skills

Want Alexa to tell you about upcoming concerts in your city or play math games? You can now turn on skills, which are voice-driven capabilities created by developers that expand Alexa’s capabilities. To use an Alexa skill, you simply need to enable it in the Alexa app, and then you’re ready to try it out.

To get started, open the Alexa app, and then select Skills. Find the skill you're interested in, and then select Enable. After you turn on the skill, say the example phrases in the app to Alexa to use the skill. You can also see more details about the skill in the app. To learn more, go to Turn On Alexa Skills.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:23 PM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA
Default Amazon Tap

Link

Just tap and ask for music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
Uses the Alexa Voice Service when connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot to play music, read the news, provide weather reports, and even order a pizza
Streams all your music via Bluetooth from your phone or tablet
Delivers crisp sound powered by Dolby, with dual stereo speakers that provide 360º omni-directional audio
Provides up to 9 hours of playback
Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills
Includes Charging Cradle
Old 03-03-2016, 08:24 PM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Framingham, MA
Default Amazon Echo Dot

Link

Uses the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, read the news, set alarms, control smart home devices, and more using just your voice
Connects speakers over Bluetooth or with the included audio cable to play music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
Controls smart home devices like lights, switches, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, ecobee, and others
Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills
Learn more about Bluetooth speakers that work well with Echo Dot

Available Exclusively from Alexa
Echo Dot is available in limited quantities and exclusively for Prime members through Alexa Voice Shopping. To order your Echo Dot, use your Amazon Echo or Amazon Fire TV and just ask:
Alexa, order an Echo Dot.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:25 PM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Newark, DE

I got one this past X-mas but i have yet to get it out of the box might have to do it sometime this week if not definately by Saturday sometime and see about setting it up with my smartphone and what not too.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio