Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Shenmue III (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$36.04
4 hrs ago
XIII (PS4)
$24.00

Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99
1 day ago
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$29.97

Who Wants to Be A Millionare (PS4)
$19.99

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$19.93

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
$39.99

NHL 21 Ultimate Edition (PS4)
$42.97

Streets Of Rage 4 (PS4)
$29.60

The Last of Us Part II (PS4)
$29.83

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 12-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
MD
Default Street Fighter V PS4 and PC exclusive

That's the Big Capcom surprise...

Original video has been made private I see. New link posted.

edit: Mirror taken down as well.

Some screens:

Last edited by Elandyll; 12-05-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Canada 🍁

You beat me to it while I was posting Would have rather it been the return of something like Dino Crisis or Onimusha but hopefully a new game in the series will pump some life back into this since the billion versions of IV have made that stale.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
That's the Big Capcom surprise...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xKvZzo5PZ5U
Quote to see.

Edit

Ahh they pulled it or its private.

Big news would definitely be exclusive for Playstation & PC
Old 12-05-2014, 01:40 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
VA

I'd be ecstatic to see Street Fighter V and not Street Fighter 4 Ultra-Super-Mega edition, but I'd have similar feelings about PS4 exclusivity as I did Tomb Raider for Xone. While it isn't quite the same, as Tomb Raider started out mainly as a PlayStation game (and Saturn, eventually) and Street Fighter was first on SNES (at least that's what I bought it on) it still sucks that they would restrict a multi-plat game that way.

Still, I'm all for more Street Fighter. I just rented Ultra on Playstation Now a few weeks ago, and had forgotten just how deeply 4 had rejuvenated the series. Aside from Mortal Kombat, still my favorite fighter.

Last edited by ariakon; 12-05-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

not a big fan of multiplatform series going exclusive. Look forward to this though
Old 12-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post
I'd be ecstatic to see Street Fighter V and not Street Fighter 4 Ultra-Super-Mega edition, but I'd have similar feelings about PS4 exclusivity as I did Tomb Raider for Xone. While it isn't quite the same, as Tomb Raider started out mainly as a PlayStation game (and Saturn, eventually) and Street Fighter was first on SNES (at least that's what I bought it on) it still kind of sucks that they would restrict a multi-plat game that way.

Still, I'm all for more Street Fighter. I just rented Ultra on Playstation Now a few weeks ago, and had forgotten just how deeply 4 had rejuvenated the series. Aside from Mortal Kombat, still my favorite fighter.
I'm not going to be hypocritical. I HATE these 3rd party exclusvity deals! It only hurts gamers, depending on which platform they play on. I was pissed about the Tomb Raider deal for Xbox and I'm pissed about this deal. I just wish 3rd parties would stop cutting these deals and release their games on all platforms. Let in house exclusives and services be the differentiating factor between the consoles!
Thanks given by:
ariakon (12-05-2014), Dynamo of Eternia (12-05-2014), IllMattIc (12-05-2014), ithrowawayslipcovers (12-05-2014), Omegaice (12-05-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
not a big fan of multiplatform series going exclusive. Look forward to this though
Same, I think 3rd party exclusives (unless completely funded) are BS, whatever platform it's on. MS or the XB fans can hardly complain ater the Tomb Raider BS, but it's still not good for gamers in general.

Probably timed though (unless Sony was very involved with the financing, which some believe due to the number of hints dropped around by Sony for a long time. The Hadouken Cab teaser was posted a looong time ago).
Old 12-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Console sales suck in Japan currently. Best way to remedy that is to make a game a system exclusive to pump up numbers. The only problem is that the X1 is a non-issue in Japan anyway so it's not like making it exclusive is much of a coup in that region. This exclusivity makes no sense. PS4 is already crushing in the rest of the world.

Then again, I know Ono was having trouble finding funding and Capcom isn't doing so well financially. Perhaps SONY simply stepped in and offered cash assistance?
Old 12-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Im glad they are FINALLY making SF V. I got sick of constant reiterations of IV
Old 12-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Console sales suck in Japan currently. Best way to remedy that is to make a game a system exclusive to pump up numbers. The only problem is that the X1 is a non-issue in Japan anyway so it's not like making it exclusive is much of a coup in that region. This exclusivity makes no sense. PS4 is already crushing in the rest of the world.

Then again, I know Ono was having trouble finding funding and Capcom isn't doing so well financially. Perhaps SONY simply stepped in and offered cash assistance?
Yeah, like THEY'RE in any position to do that.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I'm not going to be hypocritical. I HATE these 3rd party exclusvity deals! It only hurts gamers, depending on which platform they play on. I was pissed about the Tomb Raider deal for Xbox and I'm pissed about this deal. I just wish 3rd parties would stop cutting these deals and release their games on all platforms. Let in house exclusives and services be the differentiating factor between the consoles!
I agree. Even though I have a PS4 (have yet to get an Xbone and I'm not sure when/if I ever will... depends if there is ever anything enticing enough that I can only play on it that I want), and this doesn't directly impact me, on sheer principle I'm not a fan of these practices.

It should be coming out for both systems.

I do wonder if it will be a timed exclusive, or if the inevitable future upgrade versions will be on both systems. I doubt that this will stay away from Xbox One forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Im glad they are FINALLY making SF V. I got sick of constant reiterations of IV
Yeah, but get ready for constant revisions of V!
Old 12-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
MD

Quote:
Yeah, like THEY'RE in any position to do that.
They absolutely are. It's not like we are talking dozens of millions of $ frankly, IF it was a co financing deal. Maybe $5-$10m at most, again IF that is the case.
And it could also be that Sony will just act as the marketer/ Publisher for Capcom easing the burden on them, but not costing all that much for Sony either.

People spout the losses (due to the phone business and TVs) like it's a factor for the entire corp outside of lending purposes or Market cap, or the non loss leading sub division, and forget that Sony is a multi billion $$ making company with Billions in assets.

Now should we discuss if securing an exlcusivity was a wise move? Probably.
I am not into fighters, so I have no idea if SF is a big deal (worldwide speaking), and if Fighters themselves are still really that relevant to start with...
Old 12-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #13
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariakon View Post
They have plenty of money to fund games (much more than Capcom does, anyway) they just don't have access to the giant treasure trove that being connected to Microsoft gives the Xbox crew. Which is why I really hope this gen doesn't become a pissing contest between the two of them, not only would it be bad for gamers, but this is a fight that Microsoft is generally going to win, no matter how well or how poorly Xbox itself is doing at the time.
its' an interesting contrast between two companies. Sony as a company is broke, yet the Playstation division is one of the few divisions that's successful and making money. MS on the other hand is making money hand over fist with their software divisions, yet the Xbox division has never made a dime since it's inception. As gamers, I just wonder which situation is most beneficial to us.

Last edited by Steelmaker; 12-05-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:05 PM   #14
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
They absolutely are. It's not like we are talking dozens of millions of $ frankly, IF it was a co financing deal. Maybe $5-$10m at most, again IF that is the case.
And it could also be that Sony will just act as the marketer/ Publisher for Capcom easing the burden on them, but not costing all that much for Sony either.

People spout the losses (due to the phone business and TVs) like it's a factor for the entire corp outside of lending purposes or Market cap, or the non loss leading sub division, and forget that Sony is a multi billion $$ making company with Billions in assets.

I am not into fighters, so I have no idea if SF is a big deal (worldwide speaking), and if Fighters themselves are still really that relevant to start with...
My comment was meant to be more tongue in cheek than anything.

However you cannot deny the fact that year over year Sony is losing more revenue than they are bringing in. I know they have a ton of $$$ in assets but that doesn't change the fact that they have a cash flow problem. Sure they could sell off assets to help fatten their bottom line for a year or so but what after that? At some point this trend has GOT to reverse for them.

I actually feel kind of sorry for Kaz Harai. It seems to me like he's been thrown into a no win situation.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
VA

Quote:

Fighters lost much of their luster for a good decade, when Halo and GTA ushered in the era of shooters and open-world games, but Street Fighter 4 and the last Mortal Kombat made quite an impact when they dropped. Nothing Earth-shattering, but SF sold about 3 million on PS3 alone when it came out, which is very, very good. All in all, the iterations of SF4 did about 8 million in total, which isn't shabby at all. So Street Fighter as a series is about as important as Tomb Raider, and it definitely has a good following in Japan and Europe as well.

Of course, those numbers are likely to go down if it truly is an exclusive game, and there's no telling how popular it will be compared to 4 after Capcom dropped all those iterations of 4 into the market. Fighters, as a whole, though, still have a decent mindshare, even if they aren't the dominant force they once were.

Steelmaker: "My comment was meant to be more tongue in cheek than anything."

Yeah, I deleted my other comment because I thought I was getting overly serious on something you clearly meant to be funny. Sorry about that.

Last edited by ariakon; 12-05-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
yet the Xbox division has never made a dime since it's inception.
Iirc, they actually did with the 360 until the massive RRoD recall/warranty extension.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #17
Banned

Jun 2012

lets be real this probably wouldn't have gotten make without Sony and it will sell like sh*t on the Xbox one anyways.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #18
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
when it comes to fighters, SF is the biggest one in the world, so yeah this is a big deal. As of Sept, SF IV and its re-releases have sold over 7.5M
Old 12-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #19
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidofistpimp View Post
lets be real this probably wouldn't have gotten make without Sony and it will sell like sh*t on the Xbox one anyways.
Well, now both platforms have exclusive fighters. MS has Killer Instinct and PS4 has Street Figther V.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Well, now both platforms have exclusive fighters. MS has Killer Instinct and PS4 has Street Figther V.
PS4 already has Guilty Gear
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4