Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
11 hrs ago
Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99
20 hrs ago
News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
19 hrs ago
Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$63.50

Masterpiece: All Creatures Great and Small (Blu-ray)
$34.16
15 hrs ago
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$14.96
16 hrs ago
Black Clover: Season 1 and 2 Complete (Blu-ray)
$149.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Old 03-03-2015, 12:06 AM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentsAgo View Post
I absolutely love them. One of my favorite bands of all time. And having said that, I have yet to buy any of the vinyl reissues. They're so cheap now, I don't really know why I haven't yet.
They're cheapness may be why you haven't been compelled to yet. Being inexpensive and common makes it easier to put off buying them. This would be especially acute if you're a collector like myself.

Quote:
[Show spoiler]
What does regret mean?
Speaking of vinyl reissues we haven't got around to yet, I still need to grab the Butthole Surfers reissues that came out a year or two ago. I got Brown Reason to Live, but that's it. They even come with MP3 downloads so I can stop listening on YouTube.

Quote:
It's funny what a little time can do. I once swore I'd never have any tattoos and now I'm getting ready to get my fourth soon.
I've always wanted tattoos but have never worked up the courage to get any. My indecisiveness keeps me worried that I'll end up getting something I regret. Pretty sure if I do get one I'll use some of my own artwork rather than a band logo or something since I'll be less likely to change my mind about that.

Quote:
Toxic Avenger, like you said about the Ramones, is popular for good reason. It's such a gem with a little something for everyone! How do you like the sequels?
The second movie is overlong and feels cheap compared to the first, but there are standout moments and it's an entertaining enough way to spend 90 minutes. The third is one of the worst films I've ever sat through. Thought it was boring and the humor terribly cheesy. Even the restored gory scenes on the DVD were lackluster compared to those of the other films. As for the fourth one, I think it's great. One of Troma's best. It is very different from the tone of the first, but the two films stand up on their own.

Quote:
Have you seen The Taint yet? Troma just started distributing it a year or two ago I believe.
Have not seen The Taint. That was a Blu-ray I'd been planning on getting, but unfortunately it appears that it is OOP and the price is a bit high. I think I can see it through Netflix VOD, though.

Quote:
GREAT game! Is this on Virtual Console now?
Hell yes it is. I think the discount Nintendo was running has expired, but it's still worth getting (if you don't own the disc, of course).

On a similar note, the Donkey Kong Country series has reappeared in the Wii U e-shop. I was worried I'd never have the chance to download them to the virtual console.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:24 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Guess it's time for another update.

Gotta a new avatar which is a cropped version of this pic:

new amy av 3.jpg

My new sig is probably easier to identify than the last one was, but I'm not sure:

Fine, I've got a toast. To the Captain, he's the best... at being a big jerk who's stupid and his big ugly face is as dumb as a butt!

Other contenders were:

Yowza Yowza Bo-Bowza!

or

Grab a shovel. I'm one skull short of a Mouseketeer reunion.

See a pattern?

In related news, this thread has now reached two pages. Time to break out the champagne.
Thanks given by:
GLaDOS (03-06-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 05:21 AM   #23
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

I like the Mousketeer joke for a signature, but don't recognize any of the others.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:33 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
I like the Mousketeer joke for a signature, but don't recognize any of the others.
The one I'm currently using is another Futurama quote. "Yowza Yowza Bo-Bowza!" is a line courtesy of this guy:

[Show spoiler]

Old 03-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2014
Melbourne Australia

Just checked out your collection and needed to share this

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
Just checked out your collection and needed to share this

A Scene From Troll 2 - YouTube

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, I'm familiar with that. I prefer the corn scene myself.

Some other signatures I thought about using:

I was going to eat that mummy!

Hell is real and everyone goes there.

Somebody buy this guy a tree so he'll shut up!

Also, while posting on the "Hottest Musicians" thread I noticed that Lindi Ortega also has a big nose. So add her to the list:

Lastly, I started a thread: Album Title Game which is at 722 replies as of writing this. So if you're into that kind of thing, feel free to jump in (or don't, it's not as if I have jurisdiction over your life).
Old 03-05-2015, 11:33 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2014
Melbourne Australia

FYI my signature lately has been the last line of movies i just watched that I really liked so far i've had Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood and currently Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Old 03-07-2015, 08:46 AM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
FYI my signature lately has been the last line of movies i just watched that I really liked so far i've had Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood and currently Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
I like that idea. I'd leave off the name of the character who said the line. Give people a little mystery.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:35 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2014
Melbourne Australia

Can you guess the movie from my current quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:11 AM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Nothing's coming to mind. Give me awhile, I may come up with it (or someone else reading this thread may figure it out).
Old 03-08-2015, 02:59 PM   #31
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat III View Post
Nothing's coming to mind. Give me awhile, I may come up with it (or someone else reading this thread may figure it out).
Well I guess you'd start with naming films that have an elderly couple in it, such as: Amour, Cocoon, On Golden Pond, etc.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #32

May 2014
Oklahoma

Quote:
They're cheapness may be why you haven't been compelled to yet. Being inexpensive and common makes it easier to put off buying them. This would be especially acute if you're a collector like myself.
Probably that coupled with the fact that I don't want to be like I am with movies and constantly be buying the same albums over and over. A habit I'm trying to break(but it's so damn hard!).

Quote:
Speaking of vinyl reissues we haven't got around to yet, I still need to grab the Butthole Surfers reissues that came out a year or two ago. I got Brown Reason to Live, but that's it. They even come with MP3 downloads so I can stop listening on YouTube.
Didn't know they had Butthole Surfers reissues! Something else to add to the list! I don't keep up with music nearly as much as I do movies. I need to fix that.

Quote:
I've always wanted tattoos but have never worked up the courage to get any. My indecisiveness keeps me worried that I'll end up getting something I regret. Pretty sure if I do get one I'll use some of my own artwork rather than a band logo or something since I'll be less likely to change my mind about that.
I was so adamant about not getting any for the very same reason. But I finally broke down and did it and I haven't regretted it. Mine probably seem impetuous or insubstantial on the surface but they do carry quite a bit of significance and speak to who I am. Obviously as long as it's something meaningful to you, I guarantee you wouldn't regret it either.

Quote:
The second movie is overlong and feels cheap compared to the first, but there are standout moments and it's an entertaining enough way to spend 90 minutes. The third is one of the worst films I've ever sat through. Thought it was boring and the humor terribly cheesy. Even the restored gory scenes on the DVD were lackluster compared to those of the other films. As for the fourth one, I think it's great. One of Troma's best. It is very different from the tone of the first, but the two films stand up on their own.
Would have to agree with you. I remember loving the second one a lot as a kid and I still think it's pretty entertaining but it's definitely not as good as the original. I hadn't seen the third in years and didn't remember much about it. I finally watched it again after I bought the complete boxset at DragonCon one year and, aside from a few moments, it's by far the worst one. But I thoroughly enjoyed Citizen Toxie. Pretty gnarly film

I wonder if the remake is still moving forward?

Quote:
Have not seen The Taint. That was a Blu-ray I'd been planning on getting, but unfortunately it appears that it is OOP and the price is a bit high. I think I can see it through Netflix VOD, though.
Holy crap. I didn't know it was OOP and going up in price. I wonder why it went OOP so fast?

It's completely ridiculous and over the top(but what Troma film isn't?) but it was a fun hour. Curious to hear your thoughts if you do end up watching it. I'll keep my eyes opened for another bluray copy for you as well.

Quote:
Hell yes it is. I think the discount Nintendo was running has expired, but it's still worth getting (if you don't own the disc, of course).
I used to have the disc(wish I'd never sold it) and I absolutely loved it. I've been wanting to pick up a WiiU so I can import the new Fatal Frame, so I'll definitely be downloading Metroid Prime Trilogy on the VC. Would be fun to play through it again!

Quote:
On a similar note, the Donkey Kong Country series has reappeared in the Wii U e-shop. I was worried I'd never have the chance to download them to the virtual console.
Love those too. Have you never played them before or just want to own them on VC?
Old 03-11-2015, 12:05 AM   #33
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

What is your favourite pizza topping?
Old 03-11-2015, 01:54 AM   #34
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

What did you think about the purple wedding on Game of Thrones?
Old 03-11-2015, 11:37 AM   #35

May 2014
Oklahoma

Okay, here's a couple of questions since I don't think I actually asked one in my novel of a post earlier.

Do you play any musical instrument? If so, ever play in a band?
Old 03-11-2015, 11:44 AM   #36
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2014
Melbourne Australia

Since my thread is dead I'll ask you a question

Ok this question may seem insensitive but I'll go with it anyway

Were you really surprised when Amy died?

I'm not saying it wasn't tragic (and I can't say I was a fan) but to me there was a certain inevitability about it
Old 03-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #37
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2015
West London, England, UK

How long have you been a fan of Amy Winehouse for?
Old 03-12-2015, 10:48 AM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Probably that coupled with the fact that I don't want to be like I am with movies and constantly be buying the same albums over and over. A habit I'm trying to break(but it's so damn hard!).
Know what you mean. I'm always a little ashamed how easily companies convince me to buy a movie or album I already own, just by putting it in pretty, new packaging.

Quote:
Didn't know they had Butthole Surfers reissues! Something else to add to the list! I don't keep up with music nearly as much as I do movies. I need to fix that.
Sure do. They were released in 2013 by the band's own label, Latino Bugger Veil. It covers the first four albums, though Plain Recordings released Independent Worm Saloon this year. They're pretty affordable, so I really should pick them up while I can.

Quote:
I wonder if the remake is still moving forward?
Don't know. Last thing I heard was Arnie being in talks to play Toxie. Wouldn't be surprised if the project fell through. If it does get made, I'm hopeful that Hollywood will make it into something fresh, though I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:
It's completely ridiculous and over the top(but what Troma film isn't?) but it was a fun hour. Curious to hear your thoughts if you do end up watching it. I'll keep my eyes opened for another bluray copy for you as well.
Thank you, I'd still love to own it. Is it only an hour long?

Quote:
I used to have the disc(wish I'd never sold it) and I absolutely loved it. I've been wanting to pick up a WiiU so I can import the new Fatal Frame, so I'll definitely be downloading Metroid Prime Trilogy on the VC. Would be fun to play through it again!
I'm not a huge gamer, but I don't regret getting my Wii U. The only non-VC game I own so far is Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Retro Studios has yet to disappoint me.

Quote:
Love those too. Have you never played them before or just want to own them on VC?
Oh, I played them back in my youth along with their Gameboy counterparts. The only exception being DKC3 which I didn't play until downloading it to the Wii a few years ago. They're good, but after playing Retro's new incarnations they don't seem quite so special. Something which was not true of Super Metroid despite the strength of the Metroid Prime series.

Speaking of which. I've found 100% of items in MP2 and MP3, but am still missing four items in the first game. I've searched everywhere with the music turned off so I can hear the distinct humming the items make, but can't figure out where they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
Well I guess you'd start with naming films that have an elderly couple in it, such as: Amour, Cocoon, On Golden Pond, etc.
Too bad I never watch films with old people in them.

[Show spoiler]
Old 03-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2015
West London, England, UK

What's your favourite Amy Winehouse song?
Old 03-12-2015, 11:49 AM   #40

May 2014
Oklahoma

Quote:
Know what you mean. I'm always a little ashamed how easily companies convince me to buy a movie or album I already own, just by putting it in pretty, new packaging.
I'm horrible about it with movies. I'm loving all of these horror titles coming out on bluray but I find myself buying films I already own because I feel compelled to upgrade. Especially if it's a limited edition just because I don't want to have to fight to find a copy down the road for a decent price if it's something that ends up becoming rare.

Quote:
Sure do. They were released in 2013 by the band's own label, Latino Bugger Veil. It covers the first four albums, though Plain Recordings released Independent Worm Saloon this year. They're pretty affordable, so I really should pick them up while I can.
Awesome. Going to have to pick 'em up!

Quote:
Don't know. Last thing I heard was Arnie being in talks to play Toxie. Wouldn't be surprised if the project fell through. If it does get made, I'm hopeful that Hollywood will make it into something fresh, though I'm not holding my breath.
I remember hearing the Ahnuld rumor. If he ends up playing him, it has potential to be the best one yet for all the wrong reasons

Quote:
Thank you, I'd still love to own it. Is it only an hour long?
Back of the bluray says 75 minutes. I remember it feeling shorter, but I guess not.

Quote:
I'm not a huge gamer, but I don't regret getting my Wii U. The only non-VC game I own so far is Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Retro Studios has yet to disappoint me.
I've been shopping around for one. It's still a little too rich for my blood, but I'm hoping for a price drop soon.

Quote:
Oh, I played them back in my youth along with their Gameboy counterparts. The only exception being DKC3 which I didn't play until downloading it to the Wii a few years ago. They're good, but after playing Retro's new incarnations they don't seem quite so special. Something which was not true of Super Metroid despite the strength of the Metroid Prime series.
DKC was always a favorite series of mine. I haven't played any of the new versions yet(I really should pick up the Wii one).

Super Metroid is one of the best games ever. Easily in my top three on SNES for sure. So. Damn. Good!

Quote:
Speaking of which. I've found 100% of items in MP2 and MP3, but am still missing four items in the first game. I've searched everywhere with the music turned off so I can hear the distinct humming the items make, but can't figure out where they are.
I wish I could help but I have no idea I don't think I ever went for 100% on any of them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Tags
cat iii, conversation, member personal pages, questions