Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
13 hrs ago
Rubber (Blu-ray)
$6.99
3 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Monster Hunter (Blu-ray)
$19.96
12 hrs ago
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
9 hrs ago
My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$33.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Lovecraft Country: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$26.28
2 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Old 03-25-2015, 03:44 AM   #81
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Have you ever been mountain climbing?
Old 03-26-2015, 09:02 AM   #82
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
Have you ever been mountain climbing?
Nope. Not the adventurous type.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #83
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Do you watch game shows?
Old 03-27-2015, 09:07 AM   #84
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
Do you watch game shows?
Very rarely. Nothing against them, but they are of little interest to me. I liked that Wipeout show, but it's only enjoyable in bits. After fifteen or twenty minutes, it loses its appeal and becomes tedious.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:02 PM   #85
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Are you a sports fan?
Old 03-31-2015, 08:59 AM   #86
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
Are you a sports fan?
Only [American] football. Am a Dallas Cowboys fan, so I've got used to disappointment over the years. Not as avid about watching every week like I used to be (got too used to sleeping in), but I still enjoy watching games even when I'm ambivalent about either team. And of course, I love the Super Bowl.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:37 AM   #87

May 2014
Oklahoma

How's life been treating you since I was last here? (Feels like forever since I've logged it)

Any other hobbies you have besides film/music collecting, writing, and drawing?
Old 06-08-2015, 03:12 AM   #88
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentsAgo View Post
How's life been treating you since I was last here? (Feels like forever since I've logged it)

Any other hobbies you have besides film/music collecting, writing, and drawing?
Life's going okay, though busier than before, so I don't get on here very often either.

I am interested in politics. They don't like political arguments on this site so I won't get too far into it (not sure if an exception can be made since this is my thread about myself). I'll just say that years ago, I mostly read those on the left, but nowadays I'm reading those on the other side. Some of my favorite writers are Mark Steyn, Christopher Hitchens, and Thomas Sowell. [edit: For those who jump to conclusions, let me make clear that my listing of these writers is not an endorsement of everything they have said or will say in the future (though it's unlikely Hitchens will make any future statements).]

Last edited by Cat III; 06-08-2015 at 04:02 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:53 AM   #89
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Guess it's time for an update. I mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago that I finally found a job. It's not a career, but I appreciate having income again (and the feeling that I'm contributing to society).

My newest avatar is a cropped version of this:

new amy av 18.jpg

Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to the doc Amy. Apparently it comes out July 3, though I could've sworn it was June 3. I wrote a detailed post about her song "Rehab" here. My thesis is that the song is wildly misunderstood by people who can't bother to listen to the lyrics aside from the chorus.

I also changed my signature to:

I don't have time for this. I've got to go pick a fight with a muscular stranger!

Thumbs up for anyone who can identify the quote without Googling.

Recently I bought the new album, A Bouche Que Veux-tu, by Brigitte, a French indie-pop duo. The titular single they released has a clear disco flavor, but the album is all over the place. There's electronica and Asian folk influences alongside a piano-driven ballad. If you're an adventurous music fan, you really ought to give it a chance.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:05 AM   #90

May 2014
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat III View Post
Guess it's time for an update. I mentioned in another thread a few weeks ago that I finally found a job. It's not a career, but I appreciate having income again (and the feeling that I'm contributing to society).
Congrats! If I'm not out of line asking, what is the new job?
Old 06-20-2015, 04:34 AM   #91
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentsAgo View Post
Congrats! If I'm not out of line asking, what is the new job?
Not out of line at all, though I must be a little vague. It's a job in a call center which is the only kind of job I've ever had. For someone without college education and little experience, there aren't many other options outside of the fast food industry. It's inbound calls, though it's also a sales position. I plan on attending a trade school of some sort, likely something to do with computers.

Edit: Going off my previous comment about political commentators I like, I thought I'd add a few from the left that I like. Cass Sunstein, Alan Dershowitz, Richard Dawkins, Stephen Pinker, and Roger Ebert (mainly a film critic, I know, but also a thoughtful liberal). I think Christopher Hitchens remained a leftist his whole life, but that's a different conversation.

Last edited by Cat III; 06-20-2015 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:26 AM   #92

May 2014
Oklahoma

Quote:
Not out of line at all, though I must be a little vague. It's a job in a call center which is the only kind of job I've ever had. For someone without college education and little experience, there aren't many other options outside of the fast food industry. It's inbound calls, though it's also a sales position. I plan on attending a trade school of some sort, likely something to do with computers.
I love the ridiculous catch 22 of having no experience but no one will hire you so you can gain experience because you have no experience Or that you can get hired without experience if you have a college degree but someone with experience won't get hired without one.

I never went to college either. It seemed like(well, still does) a huge waste of time and money since 99% of people I know that went to college and got a degree are no better off now than before they finished college. I've thought about trade school as well but have never bit the bullet.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:57 AM   #93

Jun 2012
Toronto

Just realized you have reviews up on here. Entertaining reads.

I'm with you guys on the limited education thing, and yes, I've found that it can be tough to find a job without qualifications or experience. But I've found it generally fairly easy to find work by being persistent. I dash my "pride" out the window and will hound a place if it's a job I really want. Granted it's usually general labor I work in, but the pay can be pretty sweet. There was this one factory years back that was pretty prestigious and had no interest in hiring me, but I put my resume in three times and would call following up constantly. I think eventually they just wanted to shut me up, so they gave me the job. lol

If they don't immediately want to give it to you, you take it.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:24 AM   #94
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JekYL View Post
Just realized you have reviews up on here. Entertaining reads.
Thanks. Been awhile since I posted any reviews on here, though I still write them occasionally. I love getting criticism. Please let me know what you think. One only improves when he welcomes negative feedback.

If you want to shower me with obsequious praise, that's cool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JekYL View Post
I'm with you guys on the limited education thing, and yes, I've found that it can be tough to find a job without qualifications or experience. But I've found it generally fairly easy to find work by being persistent. I dash my "pride" out the window and will hound a place if it's a job I really want. Granted it's usually general labor I work in, but the pay can be pretty sweet. There was this one factory years back that was pretty prestigious and had no interest in hiring me, but I put my resume in three times and would call following up constantly. I think eventually they just wanted to shut me up, so they gave me the job. lol

If they don't immediately want to give it to you, you take it.
That applies to most things. Persistence pays. I'm sure employers are impressed by applicants with passion. Bet that's what makes successful directors. The unproven director has to hound investors--if he doesn't believe in his film, why should a producer? If you've got a track record like Spielberg, then you can write your own checks, but the rest have to fight for their jobs like the rest of us.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:24 AM   #95

Jun 2012
Toronto

Quote:
Thanks. Been awhile since I posted any reviews on here, though I still write them occasionally. I love getting criticism. Please let me know what you think. One only improves when he welcomes negative feedback.

If you want to shower me with obsequious praise, that's cool too.
lol I generally don't comment on reviews or do reviews myself, for the simple fact that I think I come across sounding like a stupid person, trying to act like they're smart or clever. And since those kind of folk annoy the piss out of me, I don't want to be that guy. lol
I just don't know how to eloquently string my thoughts together in text, without sounding like a jackass. haha

Quote:
That applies to most things. Persistence pays. I'm sure employers are impressed by applicants with passion. Bet that's what makes successful directors. The unproven director has to hound investors--if he doesn't believe in his film, why should a producer? If you've got a track record like Spielberg, then you can write your own checks, but the rest have to fight for their jobs like the rest of us.
Very well put and very true.

Next question. I don't take you as a person that really cares or follows the popular trends of Hollywood drivel that gets pumped out yearly. So I can guess your stance, but how do you feel about the current trend of Comic Book/Superhero movies and their rampant popularity?
Old 05-18-2020, 04:54 AM   #96

May 2014
Oklahoma

Quote:
I plan on attending a trade school of some sort, likely something to do with computers.
Long time no talk. Did you ever get around to that trade school?!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Tags
cat iii, conversation, member personal pages, questions