Best PS4 Game Deals


Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dreams (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99
1 day ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99
1 day ago
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (PS4)
$19.99
 
Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$32.53
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 03-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #1
Havok83 Havok83 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
147
6
Default Rock Band 4





http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...ps4-this-year/
Quote:
This is Eric Pope from Harmonix. All of us at the studio are beyond thrilled to announce today that Rock Band will make its triumphant return to living rooms this year with Rock Band 4 for PlayStation 4!

I’ve spent years as a community manager playing our various installments of Rock Band around the world with fans at every event you can imagine. I’m as excited as you are to have the next evolution of the franchise, Rock Band 4, on the current generation of console hardware.
Since we released Rock Band 3 in 2010, Harmonix has branched out, developing projects in a number of new areas including motion control, PC and even VR. With every new project, the studio has challenged the perception of what a “music game” can be, and learned a lot in the process. With those lessons under our belt, we felt like we were prepared to dive back into our beloved Rock Band series, and actually push the genre forward. We’ve landed on a design that doubles down on the core Rock Band experience fans love, while innovating on gameplay in some super exciting ways that we’ll have more to say about a little later this year.

I know what you’re wondering right about now:
“How about all those Rock Band DLC songs I bought on my PlayStation 3?”
That’s a fair question! We’ve always been committed to the idea that Rock Band is a platform, and as such Rock Band 4 will support all your previous DLC purchases at no additional cost! (Be sure to thank our friends at PlayStation, because we couldn’t pull this off without significant work from them!)
Meet the Team
The Rock Band 4 team is comprised of an immensely talented group of veteran game developers. I’m honored and humbled to work with these folks every day. This video piece will give you a chance to meet some of the passionate people behind the game and understand why we think the time is right for Rock Band’s return.

Make no mistake, Rock Band 4 isn’t a simple “next-gen remaster” of an existing game- it’s the next step forward for the series. I can’t wait to rock out with you later this year!

If I had to do it, Id drop the 4 from the title and turn it into a F2P series. No need for multiple iterations. Rock Band should just be a platform. It should be free to download and play with a starter set of like 10-15 songs and they make money off of new song downloads and accessories for people to purchase. If they continually update it with new content like songs, modes, tournaments, challenges, customization options, achievements/trophies, etc... I think it could sustain life for most of this gen and not implode with multiple sequels
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #2
R3P0 R3P0 is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
R3P0's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
46
Default

Ill stick with my copies of Rocksmith 2014.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:55 PM   #3
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

The name change would be welcome.

Im excited for this.. Just not on PS4.. as mentioned all previous DLC will be playable in the new game. I just cant throw away over 4200 songs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:29 PM   #4
Headspace Headspace is offline
Member
 
Oct 2008
243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

If I had to do it, Id drop the 4 from the title and turn it into a F2P series. No need for multiple iterations. Rock Band should just be a platform. It should be free to download and play with a starter set of like 10-15 songs and they make money off of new song downloads and accessories for people to purchase. If they continually update it with new content like songs, modes, tournaments, challenges, customization options, achievements/trophies, etc... I think it could sustain life for most of this gen and not implode with multiple sequels
They are making it a platform, with no sequels. They just aren't going to make it F2P
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:48 PM   #5
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
29
457
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
I just cant throw away over 4200 songs.
I need to ask. What's the ballpark price tag on buying that many songs
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #6
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I need to ask. What's the ballpark price tag on buying that many songs
50/50

Average price for me was $1.50/per

btw, just got a message & there is a free song that was just released a day or so ago.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #7
Mavrick Mavrick is offline
Gaming Moderator
 
Mavrick's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Wales
121
62
813
1
5
1
Default

I've never played the RB games, was always a Guitar Hero guy. But I think I'll pick this up as and when it comes out
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:09 PM   #8
Trogdor2010 Trogdor2010 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Trogdor2010's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
45
266
Default

I haven't played a Rock Band game since Rock Band 3 came out. I wished I still had my whole set.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #9
Musashi Musashi is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Musashi's Avatar
 
Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
5
281
1
Send a message via AIM to Musashi
Default



Now I know I will be picking up a PS4 (hopefully) this summer. Been looking forward to coming up with a reason to, and this'll do it.

So its been 5 years since a disc based Rock Band game, and about 2 years since weekly DLC ended; hopefully that's long enough so that ppl won't be 'still tired' of it.

I'm especially excited that this gives renewed hope that some of the songs I wanted last time around could yet end up on Rock Band.

'Course, now this raises the question about instruments, but I guess we'll see.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:35 PM   #10
Randall Flagg Randall Flagg is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2014
465
Default

This is great news.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:52 AM   #11
se7en082 se7en082 is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2012
Default

I love the Rock Band games. Day 1 purchase.

What is weird is that they confirmed no keyboard and no pro guitar. There will be pro drums. But with Rocksmith being successful, I figured they would go 100% with real guitar as well as plastic guitar. Oh, well. Guess I'll never learn guitar.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:58 AM   #12
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post


Now I know I will be picking up a PS4 (hopefully) this summer. Been looking forward to coming up with a reason to, and this'll do it.

So its been 5 years since a disc based Rock Band game, and about 2 years since weekly DLC ended; hopefully that's long enough so that ppl won't be 'still tired' of it.

I'm especially excited that this gives renewed hope that some of the songs I wanted last time around could yet end up on Rock Band.

'Course, now this raises the question about instruments, but I guess we'll see.
Dunno about PS3, but the last 3 months now, Harmonix has been adding a few songs on Live.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:01 AM   #13
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en082 View Post
I love the Rock Band games. Day 1 purchase.

What is weird is that they confirmed no keyboard and no pro guitar. There will be pro drums. But with Rocksmith being successful, I figured they would go 100% with real guitar as well as plastic guitar. Oh, well. Guess I'll never learn guitar.
Last word on that is "They can't do it at launch" Honestly, I've played both & Rocksmith is easier at learning real guitar.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:17 AM   #14
Terjyn Terjyn is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jul 2007
122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
If I had to do it, Id drop the 4 from the title and turn it into a F2P series. No need for multiple iterations. Rock Band should just be a platform. It should be free to download and play with a starter set of like 10-15 songs and they make money off of new song downloads and accessories for people to purchase. If they continually update it with new content like songs, modes, tournaments, challenges, customization options, achievements/trophies, etc... I think it could sustain life for most of this gen and not implode with multiple sequels
I freaking despised the fact that Rock Band Unplugged for the PSP Go went this route, so I'm so glad that you aren't in charge.

RB:U just to get the original set of songs, no DLC, went from a 35$ game to a 90$ one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #15
Musashi Musashi is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Musashi's Avatar
 
Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
5
281
1
Send a message via AIM to Musashi
Default

The news about not having keyboards sapped my hype from "I must have it" to "we'll see". They better be able to patch it in later, and make it so that songs can have Keys added to them post production.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #16
Steelmaker Steelmaker is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

I have some conditions with this game before I bite...

1.) Better built instruments. I wore those old guitars and drums out. They need to have better build quality.

2.) More live tracks. The game is supposed to simulate you being in a live band. It would only make sense to have more live tracks.

3.) Two words: Led Zeppelin! I want to see a Led Zeppelin track pack!

4.) Real instrument support. I honestly don't know if I can go back to the old color-coded plastic guitars after Rocksmith. Even if it's in a limited capacity, I'd LOVE to see some real guitar support for this game.

5.) The ability to not only create my band characters, but create custom stage/light shows.

6.) Have the game work with the PS Camera/Kinect to have your character mimic your stage movements (think Angus Young's "chuck berry" strut or Pete Townsend swinging his arm around."

7.) Besides just track packs, have actual BAND packs where you can download character likenesses of classic bands/artists (Jimi Hendrix, Zeppelin, KISS, Alice Cooper, etc).

Last edited by Steelmaker; 03-06-2015 at 01:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #17
RJ MacReady RJ MacReady is offline
Power Member
 
RJ MacReady's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Jackson, MS
512
2261
990
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I have some conditions with this game before I bite...
Totally agree on the better built instruments. I have two RB guitars that are broken, and it's not like I was rough on them. My drums still work but occasionally they don't register the hits and they disconnect at random.

But I wouldn't hold my breath on any Led Zep... they're notoriously stingy (and outrageously expensive) with song licensing. There's a reason you rarely hear their songs in movies or on TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:28 PM   #18
Steelmaker Steelmaker is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ MacReady View Post
Totally agree on the better built instruments. I have two RB guitars that are broken, and it's not like I was rough on them. My drums still work but occasionally they don't register the hits and they disconnect at random.

But I wouldn't hold my breath on any Led Zep... they're notoriously stingy (and outrageously expensive) with song licensing. There's a reason you rarely hear their songs in movies or on TV.
Regardless, if they come out and announce a mode that supports real guitars I'm sold!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:06 PM   #19
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I have some conditions with this game before I bite...

1.) Better built instruments. I wore those old guitars and drums out. They need to have better build quality.
This was a concern for me as well when they left RB3. I never liked RB's guitars but GH:WOR nailed it. (Even though last GH game) I use that one & it's got a few years left probably. I wish they'd have better build quality but I have doubts.. The fact they are going to make them period is enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
2.) More live tracks. The game is supposed to simulate you being in a live band. It would only make sense to have more live tracks.
Some of the live tracks I liked live like Peter Frampton & a few AC/DC's but overall I liked the studio masters more. If Harmonix revisits the game every Tuesday like before, I don't see why not more live tracks would eventually release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
3.) Two words: Led Zeppelin! I want to see a Led Zeppelin track pack!
Never happen. Robert Plant is against any Rhythm Music Games period! In fact most favourite artists are missing because of similar reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
4.) Real instrument support. I honestly don't know if I can go back to the old color-coded plastic guitars after Rocksmith. Even if it's in a limited capacity, I'd LOVE to see some real guitar support for this game.
People already had that option with RB3 through Mad Cats adaptor. Maybe after launch, Harmonix will announce Pro support & a new adaptor if demand is high enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
5.) The ability to not only create my band characters, but create custom stage/light shows.
Excellent idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
6.) Have the game work with the PS Camera/Kinect to have your character mimic your stage movements (think Angus Young's "chuck berry" strut or Pete Townsend swinging his arm around."
Not a deal breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
7.) Besides just track packs, have actual BAND packs where you can download character likenesses of classic bands/artists (Jimi Hendrix, Zeppelin, KISS, Alice Cooper, etc).
GH has done this since GH3 & I dunno how much they paid but I'd like to see this too. More importantly I'd like the tattoos you put on your character to show online. Harmonix never fixed that. Probably too many curse words were made.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:53 AM   #20
Brandon. Brandon. is offline
Expert Member
 
Brandon.'s Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Arroyo Grande, CA PSN------------TheBranFlakes
4
518
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ MacReady View Post
Totally agree on the better built instruments. I have two RB guitars that are broken, and it's not like I was rough on them. My drums still work but occasionally they don't register the hits and they disconnect at random.
I used the x360 for rock band last generation. I used the xplorer from guitar hero 2. Loved that guitar. Wish I could somehow use it for the ps4 version.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:14 PM.