Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 03-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010
Default So if I want a 3D TV am I pretty much screwed?

Now that 3D is "dead", will it be more difficult to find 3D TVs? Like, can you even buy them anymore? lol

I don't really go shopping at places that sell TVs, and I've never really looked because my TV is still fine, I've had no need to think about upgrading.

But sometimes I think it might be kind of cool to have one in case I felt the urge to watch any movies in 3D.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcrk View Post
Now that 3D is "dead", will it be more difficult to find 3D TVs? Like, can you even buy them anymore? lol

I don't really go shopping at places that sell TVs, and I've never really looked because my TV is still fine, I've had no need to think about upgrading.

But sometimes I think it might be kind of cool to have one in case I felt the urge to watch any movies in 3D.
Hi rexcrk,

There are very nice models you can still get that are from 2016, 2015 and 2014. Have to surf the web for the best price, reputable dealers, warranties and consumer feedback.

No you are not screwed. Those who are not giving 3D a chance are the ones who are.

Come into the club and enjoy.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:52 PM   #43
Special Member

Jan 2017

Quote:
There are still 3D TVs around. It just seems most manufacturers are dropping 3D in their 2017 models, but there should still be plenty of 2016 models around that you can get your hands on. For how long they will be available I don't know.

I bought myself a 2016 LG OLED only a few weeks back, which is the best decision I've ever made. The 3D looks amazing (to the point where I'm now pretty much obsessed about 3D ). It was also at a bargain price compared to what it cost a year ago. So if you're lucky you can get an amazing 2016 model with 3D for a lot less money than their 2017 replacement models.
I only buy a new TV every 10 years or so and had originally planned on upgrading later this year, but the news of 2017 models being without 3D forced my hand and I felt I had to act earlier to make sure I'd get my hands on a 2016 model. So yeah, they are still around, but obviously the longer you wait the harder it will be to get one eventually I imagine.
Thanks given by:
Frank@Chicago (03-23-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 07:15 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

I'm still seeing ads in Chicago newspapers from Abt and Fry's with C6 OLEDs listed.

In fact, I had no idea there was a 77" 3D OLED made by LG (20K!!), that was in the ad too.

It's not too late to buy a 3D TV, but interested persons should get moving.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:18 PM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

I've read that they're working to perfect glasses-free 3D for TVs. I would agree that one reason 3D hasn't taken off in the home is that people don't like wearing the glasses. Maybe it's only a matter of time until glasses-free 3D is affordable, and 3D will make a comeback in the near future.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Amako View Post
I've read that they're working to perfect glasses-free 3D for TVs. I would agree that one reason 3D hasn't taken off in the home is that people don't like wearing the glasses. Maybe it's only a matter of time until glasses-free 3D is affordable, and 3D will make a comeback in the near future.
Oh, so like the 3DS, then? That would be cool.

Part of the reason I never got a 3D TV was because, as a glasses-wearer, I've never enjoyed having to put on another pair of glasses lol (a couple times at the theater is ok, especially if that's the only way to watch IMAX).

Glad to hear it won't be impossible to find an affordable 3D TV though.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:20 PM   #47
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

Also, anyone care to point me in the right direction for fair-priced 3D TVs?
Old 03-25-2017, 02:08 AM   #48

Sep 2014
California

Quote:
Also, anyone care to point me in the right direction for fair-priced 3D TVs?
What area are you from , and what is your budget ?

Old 03-25-2017, 04:21 PM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERRET View Post
What area are you from , and what is your budget ?

I actually don't have a budget idea or anything yet lol.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

Generally speaking, most people look at LG for Passive Full-HD 3D and the popular WebOS system.

The LG 65" 8500 LCD goes for around $1500 and the LG 65" C6 OLED goes for around $3000.

There are other sizes, but that gives you a general sense. OLED is better, but costs more.

Last edited by Frank@Chicago; 03-27-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:29 AM   #51
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Amako View Post
Sorry but I call boloney on that. Glasses-free 3D that works as well as passive is a long way away, and even longer before they are affordable. Why kill 3D TVs now just because they are supposedly working on new, "better" tech? So in their minds killing 3D interest by dropping support completely will help them sell 3D TVs later? How? If Hollywood decides to drop 3D blu-ray releases due to the TV manufacturers dropping 3D TVs, then it won't matter if better 3D TVs come out later, because Hollywood will no longer be making 3D blu-rays. Killing 3D momentum is a bad, bad idea.

They could have continued supporting passive 3D until something better came along.

My passive 3D TV from LG is far better than weak glasses-free tech. I have a hard time believing that glasses-free tech will be capable of delivering the incredibly strong 3D that the vintage 50's 3D films on blu-ray deliver on passive sets.
Thanks given by:
8traxrule (03-26-2017), Frank@Chicago (03-27-2017), Rek84 (03-27-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 07:14 AM   #52
Special Member

Jul 2009

Plus the glasses that came with my LG are INCREDIBLY unobtrusive, even when wearing over regular glasses! 3D has used glasses for decades and I never heard any complaints about that until recently. If they can make it look just as good without glasses then great, but until then I'll enjoy it the way it's always been.
Thanks given by:
Frank@Chicago (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 10:16 AM   #53

Feb 2012

Just got a Panasonic dx750b (am in England) and will be my first active 3d set. Will be arriving at the end of the week.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:28 PM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post
Plus the glasses that came with my LG are INCREDIBLY unobtrusive, even when wearing over regular glasses! 3D has used glasses for decades and I never heard any complaints about that until recently. If they can make it look just as good without glasses then great, but until then I'll enjoy it the way it's always been.
Yes, consider for a moment that PlayStation VR is glasses-free for 3D.

You need an entire helmet to make 3D work without​ light-weight Passive glasses...

No thanks, I'll stick with the glasses!!!
Thanks given by:
nycomet (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 06:13 PM   #55

Jul 2015

Quote:
Part of the reason I never got a 3D TV was because, as a glasses-wearer, I've never enjoyed having to put on another pair of glasses lol (a couple times at the theater is ok, especially if that's the only way to watch IMAX).
If you are/were a 3D fanatic, their were companies that made prescription 3D glasses. One place was http://www.prescription3d.org
so you could have fixed that issue. No idea if any of them are still in business
Old 03-28-2017, 02:59 PM   #56

Oct 2014

I have one of the low priced LG LED 55UH8500 coming from Amazon tomorrow. I had bought the larger 65UH8500 from Best buy, but after doing some measuring and realising just how much space it would use in the narrow room it would go in...I returned it un-opened. Also not expecting to live where I am forever, so felt the smaller size might be more flexible down the road perhaps.

Anyway, the 55UH8500 are not available at this point from Best Buy, at least not in Florida. And their stock of 65UH8500 is very low, hard to find. Both Amazon and Best Buy have ended their $1,500 sale price as they run out of stock. Now $1,800.

The 55" is still on sale as of this writing at Amazon for $1,200 but I expect the price to jump up as stock dwindles down...soon. The Oleds, both 55" and 65" are more plentiful at this time.

If you read up, both the led and the Oled models have their shortcomings. Poor black levels for the LED and screen burn in for the Oled are the main ones. I would go with the Oled if I had extra spendable cash (how well is your retirement plan funded?) and baby it, making sure not to leave it on with a stationary piece of imaging. Would not use it as my main general tv...just for movies. And definitely would not let kids use it for gaming....to many stationary tags that could cause burn in.

My thoughts anyways, as a poor $$ lover of 3D. Glasses free will be here some day...when is the question...3, 10, or 20 years...???
Old 03-28-2017, 04:09 PM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

I'm not saying that OLED image retention could never happen in an extreme situation, but LG has taken steps to prevent this kind of thing.

OLEDs auto-dim the screen when you pause a movie for too long and will goto a screensaver (remember those?) if you pause too long in an app like YouTube.

My kid plays games for hours without a trace of image retention, I've been watching.

They also have a Maintenance Mode where you can 'clean' the panel of any built-up retention.

I'm a new owner, so I haven't needed to worry about that yet (or maybe ever).

Long story short, 2016 3D OLEDs are amazing and total safe. They're also going fast.

Last edited by Frank@Chicago; 03-28-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Thanks given by:
Kenbar (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 04:54 PM   #58
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoagogo69 View Post
Just got a Panasonic dx750b (am in England) and will be my first active 3d set. Will be arriving at the end of the week.
Hi Hugo,

Congratulations and enjoy.

Your first 3D disc, naturally, should be "Hugo".
Old 03-28-2017, 06:30 PM   #59

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@Chicago View Post
I'm not saying that OLED image retention could never happen in an extreme situation, but LG has taken steps to prevent this kind of thing.

OLEDs auto-dim the screen when you pause a movie for too long and will goto a screensaver (remember those?) if you pause too long in an app like YouTube.

My kid plays games for hours without a trace of image retention, I've been watching.

They also have a Maintenance Mode where you can 'clean' the panel of any built-up retention.

I'm a new owner, so I haven't needed to worry about that yet (or maybe ever).

Long story short, 2016 3D OLEDs are amazing and total safe. They're also going fast.
Good to hear. Yea, I expect we will see the remaining stock of 3D OLED's disappear very fast as the lower priced UH8500 are all but gone now. And we might not see the Oled's on sale much either...being the best...and only...passive 3D tv's left out there.

I had a call from a salesman at HHgregg where I had been shopping the day before (Saturday)...offered me a 55" 3D Oled for $1,600. I said I would take it, mark it sold and I would be right down. But when I got there it turned out he had read the new add wrong. He tried to get the manager to approve the sale as it was his error. But the manager said no. So...I was very disappointed. Settling for the UH8500 from Amazon for $1,200. And hoping I will not end up disappointed with it. Guess I will find out tomorrow when it arrives.
Thanks given by:
Frank@Chicago (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 12:51 PM   #60
Power Member

Jan 2014
The Lament Configuration

I just pulled the trigger on a LG 55UH850V and should be getting it tomorrow. Main reason is that at that size it was like one of the only options with passive 3D at a good price. I have always had Sony Bravia's so it'll be interesting to see what this one is like, especially that I'll be able to experience 4K HDR ULTRA SUPER DOLBY VISION QUANTUM picture quality now.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors