Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dreams (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99
1 day ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99
1 day ago
Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$32.53
5 hrs ago
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 05-12-2016, 08:32 PM   #41
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I'm apprehensive of this game though, I'm worried it will be more along the size of game like GT Prologue since this isn't Gran Turismo 7 just how much of Gran Turismo will this be?

I'm looking forward to them showing off this in VR, it'll probably be my first VR game along with RIGZ
Old 05-12-2016, 08:37 PM   #42
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I'm apprehensive of this game though, I'm worried it will be more along the size of game like GT Prologue since this isn't Gran Turismo 7 just how much of Gran Turismo will this be?

I'm looking forward to them showing off this in VR, it'll probably be my first VR game along with RIGZ
I just hope the A.I. is better! Before hand the cars weren't much more than moving obstacles. I want to feel like I'm actually being challenged!
Old 05-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #43
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I just hope the A.I. is better! Before hand the cars weren't much more than moving obstacles. I want to feel like I'm actually being challenged!
That's been my biggest issue with GT forever. The cars just follow the the racing line and that's about as interesting as it gets. What's worse is that they are free to shove you off the track when you have the line meaning you either lost position or received a freaking time penalty for something that wasn't even your fault.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:59 PM   #44
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintx View Post
GT has had dynamic weather since 5. Do you mean better dynamic weather?

Also has had day/night cycle and damage since 5. Damage comes in two forms: cosmetic (which was only decent on a few models) and mechanical which was never implemented in the main part of the game.
Been awhile since my last GT game. Skipped 6 basically for Forza 5. After That & Forza 6, I'm craving dynamic weather which includes lighting & all the bells & whistles.

I should add that if this isn't at least playable in cockpit mode (without VR) screw this game. GT 5 & 6 were not unless you like hitting everything but the road.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:10 PM   #45
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Been awhile since my last GT game. Skipped 6 basically for Forza 5. After That & Forza 6, I'm craving dynamic weather which includes lighting & all the bells & whistles.

I should add that if this isn't at least playable in cockpit mode (without VR) screw this game. GT 5 & 6 were not unless you like hitting everything but the road.
It might be different in VR but no matter the game I've NEVER been able to drive in cockpit mode. I prefer full screen or hood view. Every once in a while I'll switch to chase view just to see my car.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:22 PM   #46
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
It might be different in VR but no matter the game I've NEVER been able to drive in cockpit mode. I prefer full screen or hood view. Every once in a while I'll switch to chase view just to see my car.
I can play Forza and GT using the bumper cam (the one that doesn't actually show the bumper but the clean view) but can never play in cockpit.
Thanks given by:
Steelmaker (05-12-2016)
Old 05-13-2016, 02:10 AM   #47
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Same here.. Until Forza 5 dropped.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:31 AM   #48
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

I'll hold my hand up. Never played a GT game
Old 05-19-2016, 05:19 PM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Covington, KY PSN/NNID:varmintx

Release date is Nov. 15th.

Quote:
  • As mentioned, the full retail release is set for November 15, 2016.
  • The game will feature over 130 cars, including new PD-created race versions of existing models. All cars will feature an interior view, and have been built from scratch for PS4.
  • 17 tracks at launch, including new additions Belle Isle Speedway and Tokyo Expressway.
  • Tarmac and rally racing to be featured.
  • For the first time in GT history, a livery editor is included!
  • 117 Events are available offline.
  • In addition to the above, the FIA championship will be a primary feature of the game. A digital licensing feature will be available in 22 countries, a number likely to grow before launch.
  • The Nations Cup and Manufacturer Fan Cup first announced at GT Sport’s original reveal will be present.
  • GT Sport will feature a renewed Museum mode, last seen in GT5.
  • Photomode has received an overhaul with the inclusion of “Scapes“. Hundreds will be available for players to chose from, with no limit on cars included in the shot.
  • Photomode will have a 4K output option, much as GT5 and GT6 do.
  • A focus on social features fosters an entire community within the game.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:30 PM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Why did GT5 have a 4K output mode? I dont even recall that even being a thing back then
Old 05-19-2016, 05:37 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus

ill preorder the limited edition ,once amazon shows it available , since it comes with a ton of stuff
Old 05-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Old 05-19-2016, 06:00 PM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Why did GT5 have a 4K output mode? I dont even recall that even being a thing back then
It was only for Photo Mode.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #54
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

That is pretty sterile and unimpressive. I remember back in the day with GT3 I was really impressed with the graphics. Maybe DriveClub will just simply outshine all others for the entire generation in the graphics department and art direction.
Thanks given by:
Steelmaker (05-19-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #55
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

To be honest... I can't say I'm blown away by it graphically. I mean, it looks good but it doesn't completely outclass Project Cars or Forza IMO and it certainly doesn't look as good as Driveclub. I'd like to see a 60fps trailer to get a better idea.

So, is this future of GT and they're just abandoning the number system? With only 17 tracks and 130 cars, I'm assuming GT is becoming a "platform" where Polyphony will "IV drip" content over time instead of full games and then sequels?
Old 05-19-2016, 06:09 PM   #56
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Eurogamer with the sensational headlines

After a fairly long wait, we've finally got a chance to play Gran Turismo on PlayStation 4 - and it's more than a little underwhelming. Kazunori Yamauchi has said GT Sport offers a level of innovation not seen since the first Gran Turismo. Having played it for 30 minutes before today's big reveal conference, I'm not entirely sold.

Perhaps it's because we've been spoilt by the splendour of Forza Motorsport, already into its second iteration on Xbox One, or Assetto Corsa, which is about to make its console debut later this summer. Gran Turismo Sport, however, looks, sounds and plays just like Gran Turismo 6 on the Playstation 3.

It's a compliment of sorts - Gran Turismo 6 is still, a few years and a generation later, an exceptionally handsome game, and Sport benefits from a solid foundation. Right now, though, it doesn't look to do much with that foundation - to an untrained eye (albeit one that's poured countless hours into Gran Turismo 6) it's hard to tell the difference.

Even more disheartening, it's hard to hear the difference. I tried some of the noisier cars available in the current build, and the GT3 458 Ferrari droned rather than screamed, the Corvette whined rather than rumbling the earth as it does in real life. (For his part, Yamauchi says the sound has been worked upon significantly since Gran Turismo 6 and that it'll meet people's expectations - although I played it on headphones, perhaps it's best to wait until it's away from a busy show floor).

Still, it handles like a treat, the 20 cars on offer on the 6 tracks available for today's event acquitting themselves well (the final game, it's worth noting, will offer a generous 137 premium model cars and 19 locations with some 37 track layouts). Existing tracks such as Willow Springs, Brands Hatch and the Nordschleife are joined by two new tracks, an oval called Northern Isle Speedway and a street circuit around Tokyo that looks similar to the classic Route 246.

Cars are split into four distinct groups, with the more fictional GT Vision concept cars being introduced alongside some other new additions. There are some neat new GT3 cars, and taking the fresh Audi R8 around the Nordschleife is a pretty electric experience, even if the frame-rate chugs with 19 other cars on the circuit. Hopefully there's room for optimisation on what's always felt like a stopgap for the series before a Gran Turismo 7 proper.

On the plus side, there's at least a nice new online focus for GT Sport, and it's already like looking a much smarter, deeper taster than the earlier Prologue games. The menu is split, with a campaign across four areas - Beginner's School, Circuit Challenge, Mission Challenge and Racing Etiquette - while the online Sport mode seems to be the heart of the new game, offering scheduled daily races in a mode that looks to take its cue from iRacing, while a calendar nestled on the main menu offers up a regular series of live events.

Perhaps what's most heartening is that Gran Turismo is as barmy as ever. There's a new Museum mode that gives you access not only to videos and assets provided by car manufacturers - it also gives you a whistle-stop tour of art, opera and high culture relevant to the year each car was made. Yamauchi, it seems, has mellowed in his maturity. What's most impressive - and what I'm struggling to get my head around at the moment - is that you can get a real-life FIA licence by playing Gran Turismo Sport, and one that's recognised by 22 different automobile bodies around the world.

We'll find out more over the course of today's reveal event, and hopefully there'll be some more promising signs once we get to speak to Yamauchi himself. For now, though, don't expect to be blown away by the grand old dame of driving games' debut on the PlayStation 4.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:11 PM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Quote:
So, is this future of GT and they're just abandoning the number system? With only 17 tracks and 130 cars, I'm assuming GT is becoming a "platform" where Polyphony will "IV drip" content over time instead of full games and then sequels?
No, this is a separate project from GT7. They say it's not a "Prologue" like in the past...but it sure seems like that to me.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:25 PM   #58
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintx View Post
No, this is a separate project from GT7. They say it's not a "Prologue" like in the past...but it sure seems like that to me.
That makes no damn sense. It's not like a Forza/Forza Horizons situation here. This basically looks like GT-lite. It's GT with fewer cars/tracks with more focus on online/social features. To me there's not enough here to distinguish it from the standard GT series. Certainly not enough deserving of it's own separate game.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:32 PM   #59
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

It seems that this will be more like a paid for Beta to test out all the online features so that it is ready to be implemented in to GT7, that or this is a new spin off series, the MLG version of GT, hence the "sport" title, From the original reveal they were pushing this pretty heavily as an online series "Polyphony and the FIA are introducing an online racing series that will be recognized alongside real world motor racing by the FIA."

I just want a normal GT game. I've never been that big on the MP side of racing games.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:33 PM   #60
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

https://www.twitch.tv/playstation
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4