Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Humpback Whales 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.85
13 hrs ago
House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #1

Dec 2012
Sony Pictures Sony PlayStation 3D Display

Sorry for posting this on the 3D Movies section, but the 3DTV section is dead. I found it for a cheap price, with a 1 year warranty. I am aware of the problems with the tv, but I didn't find much info on the 3D itself. Are the popouts good on this tv? I know it is 24 inches, but would it pop out as much as.. lets say a 46 inch tv? Is the depth good, popout good? I need some answers before I make this purchase.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2013, 02:50 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-
-

I have one. I think it is very good for the price. You would probably have to sit a little closer to the screen than a larger TV.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:38 AM   #3

Nov 2011
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickachicka54 View Post
Sorry for posting this on the 3D Movies section, but the 3DTV section is dead. I found it for a cheap price, with a 1 year warranty. I am aware of the problems with the tv, but I didn't find much info on the 3D itself. Are the popouts good on this tv? I know it is 24 inches, but would it pop out as much as.. lets say a 46 inch tv? Is the depth good, popout good? I need some answers before I make this purchase.

Thanks
Yes I bought mine from Amazon about 6 months ago. I got the 3 year Squaretrade warranty which was pretty cheap and gives me peace of mind. So far no problems

The only 3D I've watched on it was ESPN 3D on Directv and a few documentaries that were shown on the 3D channles. I have to say that HBO boxing was revolutionary to watch in 3D and certain things added plenty of pop out

Compared to the 3D on my 55" Samsung ES8000, I would say that is just as crisp, and the quality is about the same. The only thing that detracts from the experience is the screen size, with 3D the immersiveness of what you watch is directly comparable to how big your screen is. But it's not that big of a problem if you sit 4-8 feet away and your expectations are tempered somewhat. This tv truly does look fantastic with a 1080i/p feed and is the only Full 1080p Hi-def 2D AND 1080p active 3D sets at this price range (passive 3D not counted since it's not full def)
Old 03-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #4

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
Yes I bought mine from Amazon about 6 months ago. I got the 3 year Squaretrade warranty which was pretty cheap and gives me peace of mind. So far no problems

The only 3D I've watched on it was ESPN 3D on Directv and a few documentaries that were shown on the 3D channles. I have to say that HBO boxing was revolutionary to watch in 3D and certain things added plenty of pop out

Compared to the 3D on my 55" Samsung ES8000, I would say that is just as crisp, and the quality is about the same. The only thing that detracts from the experience is the screen size, with 3D the immersiveness of what you watch is directly comparable to how big your screen is. But it's not that big of a problem if you sit 4-8 feet away and your expectations are tempered somewhat. This tv truly does look fantastic with a 1080i/p feed and is the only Full 1080p Hi-def 2D AND 1080p active 3D sets at this price range (passive 3D not counted since it's not full def)
Thanks, I have a LM6200 LG passive tv and I was thinking of getting this to compare the two with the picture quality. Also, I recently found out that the tv is not really 120hz and is really 60hz and the PS 3D display is 240 hz. Another question though, is the popout the same as 55 inch tv? Like does it popout the same length as the 55'? Thanks
Old 03-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012

The larger the screen the farther the popouts are going to be. I have a 55" and a 46" and sit pretty close to the same distance with both and I have to say the 55" pop-outs do get closer to me. You could just sit closer and that should help you out though.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Yeah, pop-out distance is affected by screen size and viewing distance. Not what type of display you have.

Personally, I wouldn't want a 24" 3DTV. 42" is small enough, though I am lucky to own it.

Last edited by BleedOrange11; 03-03-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #7

Mar 2010

I cant really comment on question on how good/pop out the 3D since I have no home set to compare to. All I can relate to is movie theater 3D and this Playstation 3D Display.

Not that you asked this question: I never noticed this in the store when doing the active vs passive 3D but I actually get sick, dizzy and headaches from active 3D or at least from this display. Now granted its not bad it very mild- I just suffer through it because I love 3D.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I cant really comment on question on how good/pop out the 3D since I have no home set to compare to. All I can relate to is movie theater 3D and this Playstation 3D Display.

Not that you asked this question: I never noticed this in the store when doing the active vs passive 3D but I actually get sick, dizzy and headaches from active 3D or at least from this display. Now granted its not bad it very mild- I just suffer through it because I love 3D.
I get the same but in reverse. Passive at the cinema makes me all kinds of ill, but active at home doesn't effect me at all.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #9

Jan 2013

I had one and it crapped out after a year of light use. Luckily I spent the $35 for a 3 year warranty and got my money back. That went towards a 46" LG LED 3d TV and I am much happier. When I brought it back to Best Buy the guy at customer service shook his head because they have had so many returns with the same issues.

There were a ton of issues with this monitor so I would look elsewhere.

Last edited by Natrix1973; 03-05-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #10

Jun 2015
Houston, TX
Default Sony PlayStation 3D Display

This past Christmas i bought a 24 inch Sony PlayStation 3D Display it was released back in November 2011. And i knew it that the 3D was amazing and i had it ever since.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:51 AM   #11
Banned

Dec 2012

I've bought mine three years ago for fifty bucks and the 3D in this display is awesome.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:23 AM   #12
Expert Member

Mar 2013

I'm happy that the tvs never took off as well as they thought they would. Leaving many stores with tons of 3D Glasses leftover for the sets too reduce down to $10 for my Sony 40ES projector. (could be comfier though)
Old 02-08-2016, 03:09 PM   #13

Dec 2010
The Lone Star State

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbiaSunburstHD View Post
This past Christmas i bought a 24 inch Sony PlayStation 3D Display it was released back in November 2011. And i knew it that the 3D was amazing and i had it ever since.
I'm in Houston - Where is a good place to find this Sony 3D display? I inherited my sons PS3 when he got his PS4 for Christmas. I'd like to set up a 3D system in the bedroom for Movies.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:18 AM   #14

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3bowens View Post
I'm in Houston - Where is a good place to find this Sony 3D display? I inherited my sons PS3 when he got his PS4 for Christmas. I'd like to set up a 3D system in the bedroom for Movies.
eBay
Old 03-13-2016, 06:59 AM   #15
Special Member

Feb 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by viiv View Post
eBay
unfortunately didnt really publicize it and it was a bit expensive for that size display at the time.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:31 AM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

I had one of these for about two years, paid around $150, as I recall.

Active 3D didn't really work well for me though, too much crosstalk.

Then I got an LG 4K 3D set last year and the full-rez HD Passive 3D is off the charts.

Very minimal crosstalk, super clean...so I sold the PS 3D Monitor for around $80.

Didn't have any need for it after getting a large 3D TV.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:20 AM   #17
Special Member

Dec 2011

These had A LOT of by lemons. There were tons of lemons of these. I went through 3 or 4 before I finally gave up on it and they refunded my money. I had this in my guest room and the display WAS great but just a lot of lemons and that's why they didn't keep making them. It sucks that I never did find one that lasted because the PQ was incredible for the price.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:37 PM   #18
Banned

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
These had A LOT of by lemons. There were tons of lemons of these. I went through 3 or 4 before I finally gave up on it and they refunded my money. I had this in my guest room and the display WAS great but just a lot of lemons and that's why they didn't keep making them. It sucks that I never did find one that lasted because the PQ was incredible for the price.
Lemons?
Old 03-21-2016, 09:09 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

Yes, alot them had issues. Maybe bad power supply?

Mine was doing this thing where the picture would go out and then come back in 2 seconds.

I read about this issue ahead of time and knew that it would only get worse.

I was only using it for mancave gaming in the end and screen thing was the last straw.

Plus, charging Active glasses is a pain.

Last edited by Frank@Chicago; 03-21-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:18 PM   #20
Banned

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@Chicago View Post
Yes, alot them had issues. Maybe bad power supply?

Mine was doing this thing where the picture would go out and then come back in 2 seconds.

I read about this issue ahead of time and knew that it would only get worse.

I was only using it for mancave gaming in the end and screen thing was the last straw.

Plus, charging Active glasses is a pain.
The reason it happens because the system is overheated. Just place a small fan behind the monitor and it should prevent that black screen problem. I've bought mine three years ago and it works perfectly fine.
Thanks given by:
Pirelli (03-27-2016), Smooth Criminal. (03-21-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Tags
3d guess so 3d hell yeah., playstation 3d tv