Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99

Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99

Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
9 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 08-13-2015, 07:55 AM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
Dubai

Yes finally.They did great job with Resident Evil remake so I am hopeful that RE2 remake will be great
Old 08-13-2015, 10:12 PM   #22
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Boy, I can't wait to see how they butcher the story like they did in the first one. *cough Lisa Trevor cough*
Old 08-14-2015, 01:07 AM   #23
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

With RE5 Controls please
Old 08-14-2015, 01:34 AM   #24
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post
Boy, I can't wait to see how they butcher the story like they did in the first one. *cough Lisa Trevor cough*
Uh... What was wrong with Lisa Trevor?
Old 08-14-2015, 03:07 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
In my theater room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Welcome to current gen.

There will be no physical release.
That's the day I quit buying consoles and give up this hobby.
Thanks given by:
supersix4 (08-14-2015)
Old 08-14-2015, 06:11 AM   #26
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
I'm hoping Capcom will come to their senses & release both the 1st remake & RE2 game with a single disc physical release.

Doubtful
Old 08-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #27
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
I was wondering the same thing. It was my understanding that she was supposed to be in the original but had to be cut and was later added to the REmake.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Portland, OR

I loved the RE remake back on the Wii and thought the additions like Lisa were really cool and tied into the overall story in this series pretty well.

Not sureif I'll be getting this remake though, so many other games to play and as beautiful as this game will look I don't think I'll want to spend the time on it again. I'll definitely watch some videos though.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:16 AM   #29
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Quote:
Stupid change IMO.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:11 PM   #30

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Resident Evil 2 Remake Inspired by Resident Evil 6 Feedback

Quote:
Resident Evil 2 remake producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi says that the fan response to Resident Evil 6 is influencing the development of the newest game in the series.

While fans wait for concrete news on what the upcoming Resident Evil 2 remake will entail, Capcom’s Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, the game’s producer, has spoken about what has influenced its development. According to Hirabayashi, one of the main influences behind the development of the Resident Evil 2 remake is how fans responded to Resident Evil 6.

Before Resident Evil 6 released, every main series Resident Evil game had launched to above-average reviews and overall positive critical reception. Resident Evil 6, meanwhile, had lukewarm critical reception at best, and was generally criticized for abandoning the franchise’s horror roots for a more action-oriented approach. Since fans responded negatively to Resident Evil 6‘s take on the RE universe, Hirabayashi claims that they can expect the Resident Evil 2 remake to avoid making similar mistakes.

Whether this means that the Resident Evil 2 remake will have an over-the-shoulder camera like the more recent Resident Evil games or if it will return to the fixed-camera method that the older games used remains to be seen, however. That being said, Hirabayashi has also said that his experience working on the original Resident Evil remake has also helped in the development of the upcoming Resident Evil 2 reboot.

Quote:
“[The Resident Evil] GameCube remake was my first project at Capcom. I was able to learn from more experienced colleagues and see with my own eyes how they translated their efforts into such a masterpiece that built on an already well-received game. It was an incredibly valuable experience for me.”
As many fans know, Capcom has also recently released a remaster of the Resident Evil remake, as well as a remaster of Resident Evil 0. Hirabayashi has also pointed to the remasters as being important learning experiences going into the development of the Resident Evil 2 remake, which may indicate that the game will have more in common with those games than Resident Evil 6.

Whatever form the forthcoming rendition of Resident Evil 2 takes, fans will likely rest easy knowing that the feedback to Resident Evil 6 is what’s influencing the game’s development, as opposed to Resident Evil 6 itself. It will be interesting to see what route Capcom takes with the game, and whether it will play more like a modern Resident Evil title or if it will be more in line with the older games in the series. All things considered, whatever Capcom decides to do with Resident Evil 2 could mean major ramifications for the franchise as a whole, and its success (or lack thereof) could play a factor in the shape that the rumored Resident Evil 7 takes.

The Resident Evil 2 remake is in development for unspecified platforms.
http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-2-...nt-evil-6-853/
Old 04-05-2016, 08:56 PM   #31

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
I'm hoping Capcom will come to their senses & release both the 1st remake & RE2 game with a single disc physical release.

Doubtful
Knowing how they love to release collections of the game so many times I am sure they will release a Resident Evil collection including remake, zero and 2. I am waiting for them to bring out Resident Evil Outbreak with online play it was such an underrated game that not many people had the chance of playing.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:42 PM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashif View Post
They did great job with Resident Evil remake so I am hopeful that RE2 remake will be great
You mean Shinji Mikami and his team did a great job 14 years ago.

And he is gone now, so I have my doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
signed.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:53 PM   #33
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post

And he ruined the franchise by making it action based a few years later, and proved he can't make good horror games anymore by again making a crappy shooter in the evil within. So... No real loss there.
Thanks given by:
JackKnightStarman (04-16-2016), Talal86 (04-25-2016)
Old 01-12-2017, 09:40 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011
Naples, Italy
Default Resident Evil 2 PS4,what is taking so long?

We got all the old resident evil games remastered on PS4,but not this one,and also 3 if I'm not mistaken.Any chance that it might drop as a digital download, out of the blue at the end of the month to tie in with 7?
Old 01-12-2017, 09:50 PM   #35
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2009
UK

It's getting a full-on remake, although they've not announced a release date yet. I imagine it'll be a while. We know very little about it and there's been nothing in the way of screenshots or trailers.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:29 AM   #36
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhlan Ain Ajeeba View Post
We got all the old resident evil games remastered on PS4,but not this one,and also 3 if I'm not mistaken.Any chance that it might drop as a digital download, out of the blue at the end of the month to tie in with 7?
No. As dally said it's a full on remake (see FF7 which won't even have the first episode out this year). RE 4-6 were already out on PC so the ports were easy.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:08 PM   #37

Dec 2015
London
Send a message via Skype™ to Verisimilitude1984

I think they want to get RE VII out of the way, concentrate on that and without any distractions.

There has been internet rumour of an RE2 Remake demo coming with RE VII, but I think that's 99% unlikely given the above. Like everyone else, I can't wait to see those first screenshots and trailer...hoping for something in the style of RE Remake!
Old 02-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #38

Jan 2017
Huntingdon, PA

Maybe they'll show us something at E3? They've been SUPER quiet about it.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:23 PM   #39
Power Member

Jul 2009
Bayonne, NJ, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimidini View Post

signed.
Same. I'm quite nervous with no Mikami or Kamiya. Even if the game wasn't a 1:1 remake like RE1 on the Gamecube, the fact that Mikami would be behind it would be reassuring. But that's not the case...so at the least, I'm hoping that Alyson Court returns as Claire. Speaking of Claire, I hope she's back to her original design, too.

I imagine they've been busy with scenario work. Planning on what new features to add, like Lisa Trevor in REmake. Hopefully like Verisimilitude1984 mentioned, now with RE7 out of the way, it should be full steam ahead with this game. I dunno why they wasted their time with that Umbrella mercenaries game (no offense to those who liked it).
Old 02-06-2017, 08:29 PM   #40
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota A. View Post
Maybe they'll show us something at E3? They've been SUPER quiet about it.
Maybe a behind closed doors but I sadly don't think this would be front and center at their booth.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4