Best PS4 Game Deals


Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70
 
Shenmue III (PS4)
$9.99
 
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99
 
Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$36.04
 
XIII (PS4)
$24.00
 
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$19.93
 
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
$39.99
 
The Fisherman: Fishing Planet (PS4)
$27.99
 
Who Wants to Be A Millionare (PS4)
$19.99
 
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood (PS4)
$49.99
 
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of An Elusive Age (PS4)
$32.85
 
DiRT 5 (PS4)
$34.96
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2017, 09:17 PM   #41
DJR662 DJR662 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRex View Post
I WANT it to be over the shoulder. But let's make it like Revelations 2, shall we? Revelations 2 had great tension going in and it never let up. I want them to move forward not backwards, people.
I have never played RE2 but making it like Revelations would be a good thing IMO as I love those games.

Whatever this remake will look like, I'm all in to make up for lost time.

Last edited by DJR662; 02-06-2017 at 09:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:40 PM   #42
Chiyo_chichi Chiyo_chichi is offline
Power Member
 
Chiyo_chichi's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Bayonne, NJ, USA
40
Default

Just because Revelations has a modern gameplay style doesn't mean going with traditional gameplay "backwards". As I mentioned in another thread, RE2 is a very tight game, the devs knew what they were doing. If you change too much, like adding an over the shoulder view, you start to affect the balance. The vast majority of the enemies in RE2 are slow zombies. Being able to pick them off with headshots half a room away would break the difficulty. One example would be first person aiming in MGS Twin Snakes.

From a diehard RE2 fanboy, I'd rather they keep it as faithful as possible! The only thing I really want updated are purdy graphics.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Rz_Samurai (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #43
Rz_Samurai Rz_Samurai is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Rz_Samurai's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Florida
9
147
80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo_chichi View Post
Just because Revelations has a modern gameplay style doesn't mean going with traditional gameplay "backwards". As I mentioned in another thread, RE2 is a very tight game, the devs knew what they were doing. If you change too much, like adding an over the shoulder view, you start to affect the balance. The vast majority of the enemies in RE2 are slow zombies. Being able to pick them off with headshots half a room away would break the difficulty. One example would be first person aiming in MGS Twin Snakes.

From a diehard RE2 fanboy, I'd rather they keep it as faithful as possible! The only thing I really want updated are purdy graphics.
I agree 100% with this whole statement. I am also hoping they can keep the original music from the original PS release... but I highly doubt it... The music of the original RE2 was perfect from walking into the police station for the first time or simply being in the Save Room
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #44
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
29
457
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rz_Samurai View Post
I agree 100% with this whole statement. I am also hoping they can keep the original music from the original PS release... but I highly doubt it... The music of the original RE2 was perfect from walking into the police station for the first time or simply being in the Save Room
Why wouldn't they be able to keep it? It's not licensed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:05 PM   #45
Rz_Samurai Rz_Samurai is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Rz_Samurai's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Florida
9
147
80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Why wouldn't they be able to keep it? It's not licensed.
I am not saying that they wouldn't be able to keep it, I am saying I highly doubt they will keep the music to its exact root. When they made the RE1 remake/remaster (Which is a masterpiece and I am hoping they follow this path for RE2) they did not keep the exact music to the root, they keep it but slightly changed the tones/music a bit... Which I am fine with, but I would prefer if they keep it the exact same since RE2 is my favorite of all... But like I said I doubt they will keep it the same... this is just my opinion.

On side note: I hope they keep the Fixed camera angles as the original like how they did the RE1 remake/remaster... Or at least give you the chose to choose which style you want so that everyone is happy... that being said I have a gut feeling they are going over the Shoulder... don't know why... just do...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #46
NARMAK NARMAK is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

I think they should offer different "action" style RE5 style gameplay and cameras but keep a traditional camera and whatnot like RE HD has. So it offers the best of both worlds even if it "breaks" the game for some.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #47
dallywhitty dallywhitty is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
dallywhitty's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
UK
76
1157
187
Default

I'd be gutted if they did away with the fixed camera angles. For me it's just synonymous with classic Resident Evil.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #48
NARMAK NARMAK is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
I'd be gutted if they did away with the fixed camera angles. For me it's just synonymous with classic Resident Evil.
Sorry, just read my post and realised how it might have come across. I was advocating for the traditional fixed cameras and gameplay but also the action mechanics of RE5 etc. and their type of 3rd person action based camera.

So newcomers and purists both get a great experience. I appreciate"Dated" is a term some may use but Resident Evil HD isn't a bad looking or playing game with the modern tweaks they put in and fans would love that, but newcomers growing up on action and more dynamic cams will probably not get to grips as easy. Offering both is a good way to balance things imo
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #49
DJR662 DJR662 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Sorry, just read my post and realised how it might have come across. I was advocating for the traditional fixed cameras and gameplay but also the action mechanics of RE5 etc. and their type of 3rd person action based camera.

So newcomers and purists both get a great experience. I appreciate"Dated" is a term some may use but Resident Evil HD isn't a bad looking or playing game with the modern tweaks they put in and fans would love that, but newcomers growing up on action and more dynamic cams will probably not get to grips as easy. Offering both is a good way to balance things imo
Indeed.

For those of us who started playing this series from 4 onwards, this will be a good thing I think. I bought the RE HD remake but I just couldn't get used to the controls, same thing before that with one of those Wii RE remasters...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:06 PM   #50
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
29
457
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
I bought the RE HD remake but I just couldn't get used to the controls, same thing before that with one of those Wii RE remasters...
The Remake has two control styles, tank and modern. You tried both I'm assuming?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:08 AM   #51
Alhlan Ain Ajeeba Alhlan Ain Ajeeba is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2011
Naples, Italy
Default

Ill believe it when I see it. This thread was created way back in 2015! The demo with resident evil 7,never happened. Hope this is finally the year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:09 AM   #52
Gamma_Winstead Gamma_Winstead is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Gamma_Winstead's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.
110
752
36
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhlan Ain Ajeeba View Post
Ill believe it when I see it. This thread was created way back in 2015! The demo with resident evil 7,never happened. Hope this is finally the year.
That's cause uh... the game was announced as starting development in 2015. It's had a year and a half of development. So this year is still pushing it. And they never announced a demo. That was pure fan speculation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:24 AM   #53
DJR662 DJR662 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
The Remake has two control styles, tank and modern. You tried both I'm assuming?
Yes I did but what I forgot to mention, is that I also cannot get used to the fixed camera angles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:21 PM   #54
Rz_Samurai Rz_Samurai is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Rz_Samurai's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Florida
9
147
80
Default

I read an article a couple months back that we were suppose to get some screenshots/video/news on this remake back in January and it never happens . I am hoping we hear something soon
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:27 AM   #55
Matt S Matt S is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Matt S's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Texas. Muggy & Hot 24/7/365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
Yes I did but what I forgot to mention, is that I also cannot get used to the fixed camera angles.
Took me a long time, but it can be done....
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:35 AM   #56
DJR662 DJR662 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
DJR662's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
Took me a long time, but it can be done....
I'm still thinking about picking it up again after I finish RE7.

Funny though cause I used to love Silent Hill 3 on the PS2 back in the day. I was immediately hooked and that one also has fixed camera angles (and was fairly difficult too) from what I remember.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:51 AM   #57
jetjaguar4 jetjaguar4 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
jetjaguar4's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Miami, FL
1
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
Yes I did but what I forgot to mention, is that I also cannot get used to the fixed camera angles.
You just need to remember that Up moves you forward, down backwards and left and right are just that....left and right. I know people get confused with all the different angles but you get used to it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #58
Firefoxie Firefoxie is offline
Senior Member
 
Firefoxie's Avatar
 
Nov 2016
Twin Peaks
Default

I'm just hoping that RE2 remake is like the first remake and that it has the music, gameplay, and classic camera angles from the original. I don't want RE2 remake to be in first person or third person with over the shoulder shooting.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (07-01-2017), Talal86 (02-09-2017), TheCollector86 (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 02:14 PM   #59
Joeker Joeker is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Joeker's Avatar
 
Dec 2013
Gotham City
294
493
Default

I'd love a remake of RE1 & RE2 in first person like RE7. I think it would be cool to explore the mansion for example in first person.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 08:19 PM   #60
Firefoxie Firefoxie is offline
Senior Member
 
Firefoxie's Avatar
 
Nov 2016
Twin Peaks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeker View Post
I'd love a remake of RE1 & RE2 in first person like RE7. I think it would be cool to explore the mansion for example in first person.
I wouldn't mind if they give you the option of first person or classic camera angles. I feel though if it's a remake than it needs to stay true to the original to some degree. I do think it'd would be kinda of interesting to see the mansion or Raccoon City in first person.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (02-09-2017)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54 AM.