Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Shenmue III (PS4)
$9.99

Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$36.04

XIII (PS4)
$24.00

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$19.93

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
$39.99

The Fisherman: Fishing Planet (PS4)
$27.99

Who Wants to Be A Millionare (PS4)
$19.99

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood (PS4)
$49.99

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of An Elusive Age (PS4)
$32.85

DiRT 5 (PS4)
$34.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 02-06-2017, 09:17 PM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRex View Post
I WANT it to be over the shoulder. But let's make it like Revelations 2, shall we? Revelations 2 had great tension going in and it never let up. I want them to move forward not backwards, people.
I have never played RE2 but making it like Revelations would be a good thing IMO as I love those games.

Whatever this remake will look like, I'm all in to make up for lost time.

Last edited by DJR662; 02-06-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:40 PM   #42
Power Member

Jul 2009
Bayonne, NJ, USA

Just because Revelations has a modern gameplay style doesn't mean going with traditional gameplay "backwards". As I mentioned in another thread, RE2 is a very tight game, the devs knew what they were doing. If you change too much, like adding an over the shoulder view, you start to affect the balance. The vast majority of the enemies in RE2 are slow zombies. Being able to pick them off with headshots half a room away would break the difficulty. One example would be first person aiming in MGS Twin Snakes.

From a diehard RE2 fanboy, I'd rather they keep it as faithful as possible! The only thing I really want updated are purdy graphics.
Thanks given by:
Rz_Samurai (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo_chichi View Post
Just because Revelations has a modern gameplay style doesn't mean going with traditional gameplay "backwards". As I mentioned in another thread, RE2 is a very tight game, the devs knew what they were doing. If you change too much, like adding an over the shoulder view, you start to affect the balance. The vast majority of the enemies in RE2 are slow zombies. Being able to pick them off with headshots half a room away would break the difficulty. One example would be first person aiming in MGS Twin Snakes.

From a diehard RE2 fanboy, I'd rather they keep it as faithful as possible! The only thing I really want updated are purdy graphics.
I agree 100% with this whole statement. I am also hoping they can keep the original music from the original PS release... but I highly doubt it... The music of the original RE2 was perfect from walking into the police station for the first time or simply being in the Save Room
Old 02-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #44
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rz_Samurai View Post
I agree 100% with this whole statement. I am also hoping they can keep the original music from the original PS release... but I highly doubt it... The music of the original RE2 was perfect from walking into the police station for the first time or simply being in the Save Room
Why wouldn't they be able to keep it? It's not licensed.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:05 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Why wouldn't they be able to keep it? It's not licensed.
I am not saying that they wouldn't be able to keep it, I am saying I highly doubt they will keep the music to its exact root. When they made the RE1 remake/remaster (Which is a masterpiece and I am hoping they follow this path for RE2) they did not keep the exact music to the root, they keep it but slightly changed the tones/music a bit... Which I am fine with, but I would prefer if they keep it the exact same since RE2 is my favorite of all... But like I said I doubt they will keep it the same... this is just my opinion.

On side note: I hope they keep the Fixed camera angles as the original like how they did the RE1 remake/remaster... Or at least give you the chose to choose which style you want so that everyone is happy... that being said I have a gut feeling they are going over the Shoulder... don't know why... just do...
Old 02-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #46
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

I think they should offer different "action" style RE5 style gameplay and cameras but keep a traditional camera and whatnot like RE HD has. So it offers the best of both worlds even if it "breaks" the game for some.
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #47
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2009
UK

I'd be gutted if they did away with the fixed camera angles. For me it's just synonymous with classic Resident Evil.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #48
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
I'd be gutted if they did away with the fixed camera angles. For me it's just synonymous with classic Resident Evil.
Sorry, just read my post and realised how it might have come across. I was advocating for the traditional fixed cameras and gameplay but also the action mechanics of RE5 etc. and their type of 3rd person action based camera.

So newcomers and purists both get a great experience. I appreciate"Dated" is a term some may use but Resident Evil HD isn't a bad looking or playing game with the modern tweaks they put in and fans would love that, but newcomers growing up on action and more dynamic cams will probably not get to grips as easy. Offering both is a good way to balance things imo
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #49
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Sorry, just read my post and realised how it might have come across. I was advocating for the traditional fixed cameras and gameplay but also the action mechanics of RE5 etc. and their type of 3rd person action based camera.

So newcomers and purists both get a great experience. I appreciate"Dated" is a term some may use but Resident Evil HD isn't a bad looking or playing game with the modern tweaks they put in and fans would love that, but newcomers growing up on action and more dynamic cams will probably not get to grips as easy. Offering both is a good way to balance things imo
Indeed.

For those of us who started playing this series from 4 onwards, this will be a good thing I think. I bought the RE HD remake but I just couldn't get used to the controls, same thing before that with one of those Wii RE remasters...
Old 02-07-2017, 09:06 PM   #50
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
I bought the RE HD remake but I just couldn't get used to the controls, same thing before that with one of those Wii RE remasters...
The Remake has two control styles, tank and modern. You tried both I'm assuming?
Old 02-08-2017, 01:08 AM   #51
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011
Naples, Italy

Ill believe it when I see it. This thread was created way back in 2015! The demo with resident evil 7,never happened. Hope this is finally the year.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:09 AM   #52
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhlan Ain Ajeeba View Post
Ill believe it when I see it. This thread was created way back in 2015! The demo with resident evil 7,never happened. Hope this is finally the year.
That's cause uh... the game was announced as starting development in 2015. It's had a year and a half of development. So this year is still pushing it. And they never announced a demo. That was pure fan speculation.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:24 AM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
The Remake has two control styles, tank and modern. You tried both I'm assuming?
Yes I did but what I forgot to mention, is that I also cannot get used to the fixed camera angles.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:21 PM   #54
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
Florida

I read an article a couple months back that we were suppose to get some screenshots/video/news on this remake back in January and it never happens . I am hoping we hear something soon
Old 02-09-2017, 12:27 AM   #55
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas. Muggy & Hot 24/7/365

Quote:
Yes I did but what I forgot to mention, is that I also cannot get used to the fixed camera angles.
Took me a long time, but it can be done....
Old 02-09-2017, 01:35 AM   #56
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
Took me a long time, but it can be done....
I'm still thinking about picking it up again after I finish RE7.

Funny though cause I used to love Silent Hill 3 on the PS2 back in the day. I was immediately hooked and that one also has fixed camera angles (and was fairly difficult too) from what I remember.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:51 AM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Miami, FL

Quote:
You just need to remember that Up moves you forward, down backwards and left and right are just that....left and right. I know people get confused with all the different angles but you get used to it.
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #58

Nov 2016
Twin Peaks

I'm just hoping that RE2 remake is like the first remake and that it has the music, gameplay, and classic camera angles from the original. I don't want RE2 remake to be in first person or third person with over the shoulder shooting.
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (07-01-2017), Talal86 (02-09-2017), TheCollector86 (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 02:14 PM   #59
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2013
Gotham City

I'd love a remake of RE1 & RE2 in first person like RE7. I think it would be cool to explore the mansion for example in first person.
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (02-09-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 08:19 PM   #60

Nov 2016
Twin Peaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeker View Post
I'd love a remake of RE1 & RE2 in first person like RE7. I think it would be cool to explore the mansion for example in first person.
I wouldn't mind if they give you the option of first person or classic camera angles. I feel though if it's a remake than it needs to stay true to the original to some degree. I do think it'd would be kinda of interesting to see the mansion or Raccoon City in first person.
Thanks given by:
DJR662 (02-09-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4