Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99

Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99

Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
9 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 12-18-2015, 04:19 AM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Canada 🍁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Yeah cuz 3bills ain't enough profit.
Wrestling was once a thriving form of entertainment too before there was no more competition.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:48 AM   #42
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Game developer and Metal Gear Solid series creator Hideo Kojima told game news site IGN that he "definitely want[s] to create something with [director Guillermo del Toro]." He added, "I have no idea what I'll be working on with him, if it'll be a game, a movie, anime."

Kojima and the acclaimed film director of Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, Mimic, Blade II, and Pacific Rim were originally planning to work together on Konami's Silent Hills title. They released the "P.T." playable teaser before Konami cancelled the project. The director had previously told IGN, "I love working with Kojima-san. [] We are still in touch. We are still friends and working into doing something together, but that's not going to be [Silent Hills]."

IGN also published an interview with Kojima, as well as with Metal Gear Solid producer Kenichiro Imaizumi and artist Yoji Shinkawa, who are also part of Kojima's new Kojima Productions game development studio. Both Imaizumi and Shinkawa previously worked with Kojima on his Metal Gear Solid series.

In the interview, Kojima states that he is "thinking smaller-scale, not too many people, and focusing on game creation at first." The studio plans to branch out into other media besides games, with a focus on digital content. Kojima cites movies or animation as a possibility.

Shinkawa will oversee art production in Kojima Productions including "characters, concepts for the backgrounds, concepts for the mechs." Kojima stated that he did not yet know which engine they would be using for their new project. During the development of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Kojima's team created the Fox Engine for the games.

The newly founded Kojima Productions and Sony are collaborating on a game that will be a console-exclusive for PlayStation 4.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-anime/.96601
Old 12-18-2015, 04:49 AM   #43

Mar 2007
Palm Harbor, FL
Default Konami recruiting developers for New Metal Gear

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/...ource=facebook
Old 12-18-2015, 04:57 AM   #44
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

So Metal Gear without Kojima? Sounds like a really bad idea, but will probably sell anyways just because of its title.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #45
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

So here he is in all his glory, behold Ludence!

Thanks given by:
ratandjmt (06-14-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 07:11 PM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
So here he is in all his glory, behold Ludence!

Looks awesome, but i'm really getting tired of announcements of announcements and teasers of teasers. It's like either show us something or don't, stop with the ridiculous countdowns, obscure images, etc. Maybe it's my old age who knows but this stuff has really started to irritate me lately.

Companies now are releasing trailers which are basically countdowns to when they'll actually release a teaser. Those are the worst.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:35 PM   #47
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

There's a slow clap in me somewhere but I can't muster it. Kojima is still globetrotting according to his Twitter so I can't imagine he's spent any significant time on a new project. Like most things announced/mentioned lately it's too far off for me to care yet.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:55 PM   #48
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
There's a slow clap in me somewhere but I can't muster it. Kojima is still globetrotting according to his Twitter so I can't imagine he's spent any significant time on a new project. Like most things announced/mentioned lately it's too far off for me to care yet.
Don't get me wrong, I've always been a fan of the Metal Gear series but I hope Kojima's story telling gets better with his new IP. IMO for as great as the Metal Gear series has been, there's a bit too much camp and just..weirdness in it for my taste in 2016. Plus don't even get me started on the ridiculous over sexualized female characters he always includes in his games. I hope he makes a real effort to try and insert a level of maturity into his games going forward the way other studios like Quantic Dream and Naughty Dog have.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:07 PM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Don't get me wrong, I've always been a fan of the Metal Gear series but I hope Kojima's story telling gets better with his new IP. IMO for as great as the Metal Gear series has been, there's a bit too much camp and just..weirdness in it for my taste in 2016. Plus don't even get me started on the ridiculous over sexualized female characters he always includes in his games. I hope he makes a real effort to try and insert a level of maturity into his games going forward the way other studios like Quantic Dream and Naughty Dog have.
Kojima is full on Japanese, the country that gave the world bukake. There's no way they'll put in non-sexualized female characters in their games. That schoolgirl upskirt and downblouse stuff is looked at the same like apple pie and daisy dukes to Americans lol
Old 05-17-2016, 09:17 PM   #50
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Agreed. You would think with how much of an auteur he's become and how much he seems to love film (in his Twitter he's always buying or watching films) that he would lessen the batshit insanity as the MGS series went on. But nope. It just multiplied like horny rabbits every game. I'm really hoping with a new series/project it'll be a fresh and grounded start.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:28 PM   #51
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

IMO, Kojima is one of the best storytellers in the industry. I hope he doesnt change too much. He doesnt need to.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (05-17-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 12:29 AM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
IMO, Kojima is one of the best storytellers in the industry. I hope he doesnt change too much. He doesnt need to.
Snatcher, Policenauts and MGS, MGS3 say yes. MGS 2 and 4 can gtfo (haven't finished 5 yet to form an opinion).
Old 06-06-2016, 06:46 PM   #53
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Revealed the mascots partial face

Old 06-14-2016, 03:03 AM   #54
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Kojima San!!!!!
Old 06-14-2016, 03:06 AM   #55
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Norman Redus confirmed

in

Death Stranding!
Old 06-14-2016, 03:11 AM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Death Stranding, though.

Say it out loud: Death Stranding.

"Hello, random GameStop employee, I would like to pre-order DEATH STRANDING. Thank you."
Old 06-14-2016, 03:15 AM   #57
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Old 06-14-2016, 03:22 AM   #58
Special Member

Aug 2011
Minnesota!

Day one buy for me!!!!
Old 06-14-2016, 03:42 AM   #59

Jun 2012
Dallas,TX
Send a message via AIM to DarthZod

This looks insane. I don't even know what just happened but I like it.

Sports gaming maniac. DC Comics, WWE, 2k sports, Sports, and movies are kind of my thang.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:46 AM   #60
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Kojima just said he hasn't decided on an engine for the game, and that the "demo" isn't the game but it's Ludance the "identity" of Kojima productions....
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4