Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.96
20 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34
17 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Hammer Films: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-17-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
Power Member

Jan 2015
the island
Default Truly wireless earphones anyone?

First of all i have to admit im a bit of an Apple fan and following rumours that Apple might remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the iPhone 7, they're also thinking about creating some truly wireless earphones, called 'AirPods'(?) which may or may not release with the iPhone 7...

Anyway, i love the idea of completely wireless earphones so started doing a bit of research on them, and I came across the Bragi Dash, KANOA, Earin, Phazon and a couple of others

The KANOA probably look the best, they dont 'look' like they'd poke out of your ears, but they don't have all of the crazy features of the Dash. Im personally leaning more towards the KANOA mainly because of the price, they're currently in pre-order mode, costing $150 (105) but they'll increase to like $300 after the first bunch of pre-orders are sent off

The Bragi Dash look a little too bulky imo, granted, they do a lot more than the rest of the wireless earbuds out there, like touch controls, heart rate, distance monitor, built-in music player in the earbuds, and has a Siri-like assistant in them. BUT (a big but for me) they cost 300 euros which is like 230, way more than what im willing to pay for ANY earphones (nevermind if they're wireless)

Ive been reading a bunch of reviews for the Bragi Dash and they 'seem' pretty good, though some people have been complaining about connection dropouts and whatnot maybe because of their NFMI (hearing-aid) technology in them.

Anyone think these completely wireless earphones are a 'niche' market or will they be the norm after more companies develop their own?
Old 02-17-2016, 09:56 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

I really don't know too much about those type of headphones.

However I think your logic is sound (excuse the pun). I think you are right in saying it is the future of this type of headphone. It just makes sense to eliminate the wires. As more people use, more will get into it and manufactures will follow the requirements.

I would suggest you buy average price but good. Let it service your needs for a few years then the market would have shifted. The average price in a few years will be as great as the best out there now.
Thanks given by:
Krizzle1 (02-18-2016)
Old 02-18-2016, 01:38 AM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizzle1 View Post
First of all i have to admit im a bit of an Apple fan and following rumours that Apple might remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the iPhone 7, they're also thinking about creating some truly wireless earphones, called 'AirPods'(?) which may or may not release with the iPhone 7...

Anyway, i love the idea of completely wireless earphones so started doing a bit of research on them, and I came across the Bragi Dash, KANOA, Earin, Phazon and a couple of others

The KANOA probably look the best, they dont 'look' like they'd poke out of your ears, but they don't have all of the crazy features of the Dash. Im personally leaning more towards the KANOA mainly because of the price, they're currently in pre-order mode, costing $150 (105) but they'll increase to like $300 after the first bunch of pre-orders are sent off

The Bragi Dash look a little too bulky imo, granted, they do a lot more than the rest of the wireless earbuds out there, like touch controls, heart rate, distance monitor, built-in music player in the earbuds, and has a Siri-like assistant in them. BUT (a big but for me) they cost 300 euros which is like 230, way more than what im willing to pay for ANY earphones (nevermind if they're wireless)

Ive been reading a bunch of reviews for the Bragi Dash and they 'seem' pretty good, though some people have been complaining about connection dropouts and whatnot maybe because of their NFMI (hearing-aid) technology in them.

Anyone think these completely wireless earphones are a 'niche' market or will they be the norm after more companies develop their own?
What kind of bandwidth can these things stream. I mean if it's basically MP3 or AAC type limitations, then I can't see how removing the mini plug from the phone would be anything short of a disaster. I put hi-res files on my iPod and my phone. If I can't get the full benefit of that, then it's a bit of a waste of time.

I agree that getting rid of the wires is a great idea, but at what cost?
Old 02-18-2016, 08:31 AM   #4
Power Member

Jan 2015
the island

I hear ya @FreddieFerric, im not really what you'd call an audiophile, but I do put sound quality at the top of my list when buying earphones, but with true wireless earbuds apparently nothing will beat wired earphones, (apparently) its just a limitation of Bluetooth earphones. When you're in the gym you probably dont want/need the best sounding earphones, you might not take your Sennheisers or whatever, you'd probably put comfort at the top of your list. Im personally going to be using these for the gym, but maybe with the extra sleeves I might use them as my daily earphones
Old 02-18-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
I hear ya @FreddieFerric, im not really what you'd call an audiophile, but I do put sound quality at the top of my list when buying earphones, but with true wireless earbuds apparently nothing will beat wired earphones, (apparently) its just a limitation of Bluetooth earphones. When you're in the gym you probably dont want/need the best sounding earphones, you might not take your Sennheisers or whatever, you'd probably put comfort at the top of your list. Im personally going to be using these for the gym, but maybe with the extra sleeves I might use them as my daily earphones
I do appreciate the convenience of wireless for the purposes like you just mentioned. A few of the staff in my office use wireless headphones. I don't have a problem with them. But I can't see how Apple could just ditch the mini plug and condemn the phones use to low resolution audio playback.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:57 AM   #6
ashag

Recently I'm using Soundpeats Q12 earphone. I have bought this earphone at 2599 from jealousme. I am satisfied with soundpeats earphone, this is best earphone ever in my life. The sound is so so amazing.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:53 PM   #7

Jun 2019

Quote:

that's Amazing information
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio