Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Short Circuit 2 (Blu-ray)
$5.99
7 hrs ago
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
5 hrs ago
The Golden Child (Blu-ray)
$16.99
15 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
18 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
16 hrs ago
Kuffs (Blu-ray)
$16.69
10 hrs ago
Krull (Blu-ray)
$5.99
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 11-26-2020, 01:14 AM   #361
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Think about it this way, HE sued and he at least got a trial in court. In the US, his case would have been thrown at the first step itself.
Oh yes, in the Land of Litigation it would have been thrown out

As i said though, ultimately i don't care. It's a crapfest cloak & dagger "He said, She said" it seems. I just wish it wasn't having an impact on the casting side since the franchise is 2 sequels in.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:38 AM   #362
Special Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Oh yes, in the Land of Litigation it would have been thrown out

As i said though, ultimately i don't care. It's a crapfest cloak & dagger "He said, She said" it seems. I just wish it wasn't having an impact on the casting side since the franchise is 2 sequels in.
Libel in US has a monumental standard to clear. You can essentially write anything about anyone. Most cases fail at the very first step. This would have too.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:44 AM   #363
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2014

Although my first choice was to stick with Depp, and my second choice was to return to Colin Farrell, Mads is a very good third choice. I hope it all works out for him, and that Depp does some interesting work, preferably in smaller films.
Thanks given by:
imsounoriginal (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 10:14 AM   #364
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2016
Sutton Coldfield, England

Depp's lawyers are to blame ultimately, he should never have tried to sue The Sun. Nobody really believes the crap in UK newspapers. Also his lawyers were criminally useless at cross examining witnesses and evidence.
Thanks given by:
MattJ1991 (11-29-2020), RCRochester (11-26-2020), slumcat (11-26-2020), Star Lord (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 10:44 AM   #365
Special Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by drush9999 View Post
Depp's lawyers are to blame ultimately, he should never have tried to sue The Sun. Nobody really believes the crap in UK newspapers. Also his lawyers were criminally useless at cross examining witnesses and evidence.
Exactly. Just say it is lies/gossip/fake news. Now because he sued, it is all in record, he got the opposite result that he wanted, a judge actually confirmed the allegations that The Sun made and now he got himself fired from his biggest role off late.

And now he’s stuck with a wife beater tag for the rest of his life with his career over.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:52 AM   #366
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
a judge actually confirmed the allegations that The Sun made and now he got himself fired from his biggest role off late.
Not really. The British court made a ruling concerning libel. It made no ruling concerning the actual charges within the legal case itself.

It was a mistake on Depps part to push the libel case, before a ruling has been made in the actual Depp vs Heard court case in the US legal system.

Last edited by EvaDK; 11-26-2020 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #367
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

WB making fun of Depp...

Old 11-26-2020, 02:48 PM   #368
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2015
Indoors™

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentral View Post

Thanks given by:
Mikezilla3k (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 03:45 PM   #369
Special Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaDK View Post
Not really. The British court made a ruling concerning libel. It made no ruling concerning the actual charges within the legal case itself.

It was a mistake on Depps part to push the libel case, before a ruling has been made in the actual Depp vs Heard court case in the US legal system.
The judge did make a ruling on the merits. Depp said Sun lied when they published that Depp beat his wife.

To decide the case, the judge had to rule on whether Depp beat his wife.

And the judge decided he did.

That’s why WB fired him.

Because of headlines like these - Johnny Depp did abuse wife, says High Court judge
https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/54784429
Thanks given by:
RCRochester (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 05:18 PM   #370
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Denmark

The judge made a ruling based on Amber Heard's account (she testified in London) as described in the The Sun article. Depp was unsuccessful in providing compelling evidence, that Heard's account was untruthful, hence he lost the libel/defamation case. This was not a criminal case; the judge did not assign blame, nor convicted anyone of any wrongdoing.

The Depp vs Hears court case that takes account for criminal charges is ongoing in the US court system, not in the UK.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:44 PM   #371
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2017
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaDK View Post
The judge made a ruling based on Amber Heard's account (she testified in London) as described in the The Sun article. Depp was unsuccessful in providing compelling evidence, that Heard's account was untruthful, hence he lost the libel/defamation case. This was not a criminal case; the judge did not assign blame, nor convicted anyone of any wrongdoing.

The Depp vs Hears court case that takes account for criminal charges is ongoing in the US court system, not in the UK.
Six of one, half dozen of the other. It amounts to the same thing, that there is legal merit to Depp being labelled a "wife beater" and his career has already been affected as a result.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:56 PM   #372
Special Member

Jan 2009

Exactly, we are not saying Depp is criminally liable. This isn’t a domestic battery case.

But in a court of law, though civil, with days and weeks of testimony and defense and cross questioning and evidence etc, it was established that Depp beat his wife.

And he brought it upon himself. Could have said Sun is fake news, but HE wanted the court to decide.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:00 PM   #373
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

EW: Mads Mikkelsen breaks silence on Fantastic Beasts 3 casting

Quote:
During a discussion about Mikkelsen's new film, Another Round, EW asked the Rogue One and Hannibal actor how his take on the villainous character will differ from Depp's.

"Well it's going to be me, so that's a difference," Mikkelsen quipped, then he got serious. "No, this is the tricky part. We're still working it out. There has to be a bridge between what Johnny did and what I'm going to do. And at the same time, I also have to make it my own. But also we have to find a few links [to the previous version of the character] and some bridges so it doesn't completely detach from what he's already masterfully achieved."

We also asked Mikkelsen about his reaction to landing the role, which came about under such dramatic circumstances.

"Job wise, it's obviously super interesting and nice," Mikkelsen said. "It's also a shocker that it came after what happened, which is just super sad. I wish both of them the best. These are sad circumstances. I hope both of them will be back in the saddle again really soon."
Old 12-09-2020, 11:45 PM   #374
Special Member

Jan 2009

The inside story on the end of the career of a once-superstar.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...made-implosion
Old 01-21-2021, 06:22 PM   #375
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Variety: Warner Bros. Appoints Tom Ascheim to Oversee Harry Potter Franchise

Quote:
Warner Bros. executive Tom Ascheim has been promoted and will oversee the studio’s Harry Potter franchise and Wizarding World properties. Ascheim also serves as the president of kids, young adults and classics at Warners. He reports to WarnerMedia chief Ann Sarnoff.

As part of his new responsibilities, Ascheim acts as the chief representative of WarnerMedia in its relationship with author J.K. Rowling and her reps, agent Neil Blair and Blair Partnership Chief Creative Officer James McKnight. He will also be tasked with expanding the Wizarding World property for the studio’s various outlets and platform partners. The studio didn’t make any concrete plans for the future of Harry Potter in Thursday’s announcement.
Old 02-04-2021, 04:41 PM   #376
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2009
Denver, CO

Production halted due to positive Covid test

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/fa...XZJcosSnUnUK4c
Old 02-04-2021, 05:14 PM   #377
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2016
Los Angeles, California

I think it’s a sign to just back away and stop making these.
Thanks given by:
ArrestedDevelopment (02-04-2021), InuYashaCrusade (02-05-2021), larsknudsen (02-05-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 05:02 AM   #378
Banned

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacivory View Post
I think it’s a sign to just back away and stop making these.
Also sick of Rowling picking fights with everyone. I have no problems with her being vocal about her favored causes, but she can crusade positively without the snark of her social media posts and website blog.
Old 02-05-2021, 05:03 AM   #379
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsknudsen View Post
Also sick of Rowling picking fights with everyone.
The irony.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (02-05-2021)
Old 02-05-2021, 06:03 AM   #380
Power Member

Jul 2018
Wisconsin, USA

I'm not entirely surprised that production halts cause of a positive test.

Also another WB production, funny enough.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies