Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dreams (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99
1 day ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99
1 day ago
Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99
1 day ago
Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99
1 day ago
Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$32.53
6 hrs ago
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 09-28-2016, 11:46 AM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default Destiny 2 Beyond Light 2020-2022

Bungie will bring Destiny 2 to PC, as well as PS4 and Xbox One.

That’s according to Kotaku, which reports that it has heard from its own sources that forum rumours about PC expansion doing the rounds at the moment are indeed correct.

It is also claimed that Activision studios Vicarious Visions and High Moon have been drafted in to help with development, which is already now the main focus of the bulk of Bungie’s 750+ strong development workforce.
The site adds that Bungie management wants the game to feel like a proper sequel, suggesting that existing locations, activities and, crucially, characters won’t be carried over to the new game. Possible incentives for existing players who have invested time and cash in the current title may be under discussion.

Apparently all signs point to it being “a completely different game” and that development has started from scratch. One of the aims is for planets to feel more populated, with towns and outposts. There was also a big staff reorganisation in April.

Added a source: “The Taken King was a reboot for Destiny 1 to fix small things. This is the overhaul to fix big things.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/desti...report/0173058

Last edited by Mavrick; 05-18-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

I'll be back for the 2nd Destiny game.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Talk about screwing over a dedicated fan base. Say what you will, at least World of Warcraft seemed to have a proper continuity in expanding stories and worlds whilst letting you keep your character.

I'm probably not gonna jump in at launch u less it looks really good and is the actual game we thought Destiny could be all along.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:23 PM   #4
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Bungie will bring Destiny 2 to PC, as well as PS4 and Xbox One.

That’s according to Kotaku, which reports that it has heard from its own sources that forum rumours about PC expansion doing the rounds at the moment are indeed correct.

It is also claimed that Activision studios Vicarious Visions and High Moon have been drafted in to help with development, which is already now the main focus of the bulk of Bungie’s 750+ strong development workforce.
The site adds that Bungie management wants the game to feel like a proper sequel, suggesting that existing locations, activities and, crucially, characters won’t be carried over to the new game. Possible incentives for existing players who have invested time and cash in the current title may be under discussion.

Apparently all signs point to it being “a completely different game” and that development has started from scratch. One of the aims is for planets to feel more populated, with towns and outposts. There was also a big staff reorganisation in April.

Added a source: “The Taken King was a reboot for Destiny 1 to fix small things. This is the overhaul to fix big things.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/desti...report/0173058
Somewhere between Destiny and No Man's Sky is the game I'm looking for. The gameplay mechanics in Destiny were spot on but was woefully light on exploration. The maps for each planet were disappointingly small and relatively empty with very little incentive to explore.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:47 PM   #5
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I was expecting destiny to me more story and RPG centric than it turned out to be.

the planets we visit really are quite sparse and if they are indeed adding places like villages and have planets more occupied like a traditional mmo then I'm all for that.

I can understand the need to start from scratch. Destiny 1 was limited by last gen and is in need of a complete overhaul to rid itself of that.

I'm still excited by those early dev videos showing of lush jungle locations and being able to go anywhere. Remember when they said we could travel to the mountains we see in the distance?

The games law needs to be in game now too. explore this with actually stories playing out during game play and cutscenes not by making us read history of the world were in.

Give our character an actually story in game. Who am I? What is my purpose in this world? Maybe a branching story line for different classes?
Old 09-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #6
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

The problem is that once you've established a lore and system over the base game, DLCs and a massive rejigging expansion pack and a final release of DLC, to then pretty much just chuck all that away would be a kick in the nuts of fans and also kind of destroy the world we're used to. So how will they integrate the events of the first game into the sequel is what I'm most curious about.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:08 PM   #7
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I'm hearing that the tower etc. will no longer be as important since you will be able to tower related stuff at places on planets. Reasoning behind this seems to be that last gen memory limitations basically meant the tower HAD to exist and that's why we had to go there to put gear in the vault etc rather than just swapping between characters, as well as getting bigger inventory space etc.

For Destiny 2, as long as we're talking about dumpong our old characters then I'd be more than happy if the game is set years in the future and our Guardian's antics have been passed in to the games lore itself. So we hear of him like we did Fellwinter or even Praedyth's exploits in to the VoG etc.

Would be nice if they were going to start a fresh, then the very last thing that happens story wise before Destiny 2 hits is there should be a new story mission in the game that will essentially lead in to the story that will unfold in Destiny 2.

At the end of this mission our Guardian should be in a hopeless position and it should end on a cliff hanger with us not knowing the fate of our guardian until we learn of it during Destiny 2.

Maybe we died, maybe we were lost, with a chance of appearing as a cameo.

That's what I would like to see anyway. If they're essentially going to kill of our characters, at least let it be for a purpose that will serve the story of Destiny 2.
Thanks given by:
Kurri (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 05:01 PM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

I would like to see Bungie do more with ships/sparrows. Allow us more customization and for god's sake, give us more to do with them! Combat while riding on sparrows would've been nice! Make sparrow racing a permanent thing! Make the ships more than just something to look at during loading screens! Give us space combat or let us actually get inside our ships and walk around.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:24 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Denmark
Default [Rumour] Destiny 2 coming to PC Characters won't carry over

I have fallen out of love with Destiny but I would be ready to jump on a true sequel.

I also hope it the new game is more RPG centric like Mass Effect. I really hate the way dialogue with NPC functions now.
I want them to seem more like real living beings instead of a interface option.

Last edited by kristoffer; 09-28-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:09 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2015

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone at Bungie state that you'll be able to import your character into all future Destiny games? Could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Destiny 2 is really going to have to impress me if I'm going to buy it. Destiny was probably the biggest letdown in video game history. Barely explorable planets, terrible RNG system, and the lack of content really killed this game. On top of the game already being held back because the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game.

More in depth story, more content and bigger areas is what this sequel truly needs.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:23 PM   #11
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Flint View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone at Bungie state that you'll be able to import your character into all future Destiny games? Could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Destiny 2 is really going to have to impress me if I'm going to buy it. Destiny was probably the biggest letdown in video game history. Barely explorable planets, terrible RNG system, and the lack of content really killed this game. On top of the game already being held back because the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game.

More in depth story, more content and bigger areas is what this sequel truly needs.
Bungie said a lot of things about Destiny that never came to pass.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:45 PM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Flint View Post

Yup, it was a part of the whole "ten year plan" bs. Which if this is true, makes it even more ironic that Rise of Iron didn't release on last gen if it's truly the end of destiny 1 and those characters.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:53 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

As much as I enjoyed my time with Destiny, I'm all for a completely fresh start with new characters and new gameplay mechanics (as long as it keeps the good gunplay from the original). An actual storyline would be nice, too.

All in all, until we see footage and hear stuff that sounds lame, I'm optimistic about the sequel. These rumors sound perfectly fine to me.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:57 PM   #14
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

I would not get your hopes up for a fully open world and more RPG style gameplay, because a ton of people still play Destiny, because they like it for what it is, and those hardcore types are probably expecting Destiny 2 to feel like Destiny. They may talk those kinds of concepts up in the meanwhile, but what's going to stay in the game is the stuff that keeps the players who play it coming back, which is really the RNG and the gameplay sans too many cutscenes and too much dialog. I don't think they will change a model that works very well.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:03 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2015
Austin, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
I would not get your hopes up for a fully open world and more RPG style gameplay, because a ton of people still play Destiny, because they like it for what it is, and those hardcore types are probably expecting Destiny 2 to feel like Destiny. They may talk those kinds of concepts up in the meanwhile, but what's going to stay in the game is the stuff that keeps the players who play it coming back, which is really the RNG and the gameplay sans too many cutscenes and too much dialog. I don't think they will change a model that works very well.
I'm sure this is true for some aspects but at the same time Bungie has to know how much the game has been bashed by fans and critics for being repetitive and will take that into account (I hope lol)
Old 03-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #16
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

PS4 gets early access to the Destiny 2 Beta and supposed release date leaked:

Following the Destiny 2 release date leak from GameStop Italy earlier today, it has now emerged that PS4 users will be given exclusive early access to the Destiny 2 beta, which is reportedly planned to kick off this summer.

Chances are that Sony had originally planned to announce this information during its E3 2017 press conference, although thanks to leaked promotional images, the cat’s out of the bag a lot earlier than expected.

Regarding the Destiny 2 beta release timing, industry insider Daniel ‘ZHugeEX’ Ahmad has heard that the teaser will kick off in June 2017, although keep in mind that series publishing Activision has not confirmed anything at this stage.

“Just FYI. I've heard the beta starts in June. But can't confirm that. So don't take it as fact,” wrote Ahmad.

Destiny 2 is scheduled for release on PS4, PC, and Xbox One later this year, although if the aforementioned leak is any indication, we’ll get the game in early September.

http://www.psu.com/amp/32557/destiny-2-beta-ps4
Old 03-23-2017, 02:22 PM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Interesting that they don't have helmets. Most, if not all Destiny material for player characters has them in helmets. Also if it's coming for PC can we assume X1 and PC will play together (since MS has no issue with that) and PS4 will be alone? Or are all three separate? Or can you have one account that doesn't care what system you play it on? This will be interesting.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:34 PM   #18
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Interesting that they don't have helmets. Most, if not all Destiny material for player characters has them in helmets. Also if it's coming for PC can we assume X1 and PC will play together (since MS has no issue with that) and PS4 will be alone? Or are all three separate? Or can you have one account that doesn't care what system you play it on? This will be interesting.
PS4 and PC play nice too. It's just Xbox PS that don't seem to want to play nice.

I would like this to be more open world. And actually havery other players in your instance like FFXIV or WoW. It would make the world feel more alive rather than just 1 or 2 players appearing and disappearing on seconds.

I'm not expecting that though. Just give us a solid story from the offset and ill be happy.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
PS4 and PC play nice too. It's just Xbox PS that don't seem to want to play nice.

I would like this to be more open world. And actually havery other players in your instance like FFXIV or WoW. It would make the world feel more alive rather than just 1 or 2 players appearing and disappearing on seconds.

I'm not expecting that though. Just give us a solid story from the offset and ill be happy.
I would hope now that the technical shackles are thrown off that this should be more of a persistent world. I.E. drop in and out, no more fireteam loading screens. Also wondering where the supposed PC version stands. PC tends to get the shaft when it comes to console games and considering they still seem to be leaning towards SONY as shown by the beta early access, I'm not holding my breath.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:45 PM   #20
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I would hope now that the technical shackles are thrown off that this should be more of a persistent world. I.E. drop in and out, no more fireteam loading screens.
Being able to do stuff without having to go back to orbit or the tower would be perfect.

Interactive travel between planets would be nice. Optional of course, buy just having the ability to fly and combat in space would nice. I always thought the different ship designs were wasted as purely cosmetic. It would be nice to see ships with different stats. The big schoolbus looking ones would be slow but high on defence etc.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4