Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.96
1 day ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34
1 day ago
Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Hammer Films: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$45.99

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (Blu-ray)
$22.00
16 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 08-13-2018, 09:24 PM   #41
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
Kingsman 2 was fine...it had its awkward moments (and was INSANELY LONG), but it's certainly entertaining and slick. I went to see it in theaters a week after it opened, expecting the worst due to the reviews and WOM, but was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. It was like X-Men: Apocalypse...it wasn't THAT much worse than Days Of Future Past, people.
I LOVED the first. Then reviews came out for the second and I ended up putting it off until the last week my theater had it. I enjoyed it. Not as much as the first for sure but it was entertaining.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:28 AM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
Boulder City, Nevada

Should be better than the second movie and be like the first movie.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:42 AM   #43
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
I get your argument but I also don't. I am sure there are some critically lambasted movies I have avoided that I may have loved but I only have so much free time and if I watched every single movie regardless of critical responses and responses from my friends then I feel like I'd just be wasting my free time. It doesn't work all the time, obviously, but I always stick with what I know or what is well received in my free time to minimise the risk I might be wasting my time.
My point was more about seeing the films if you have even a slight interest of your own instead of basing it more off of what others say about the film. So, I guess the question to ask is...

Before anyone started telling you what they thought about the film, did you have any interest in seeing it?
Old 08-14-2018, 05:57 AM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

I don’t see how Eggsy can be an agent anymore since he will be a public figure after he married the Princess and I felt that was a mistake and they should have saved that for the ending of the 3rd movie.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:25 AM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
My point was more about seeing the films if you have even a slight interest of your own instead of basing it more off of what others say about the film. So, I guess the question to ask is...

Before anyone started telling you what they thought about the film, did you have any interest in seeing it?
Yeah, I loved the first movie but my point still stands even if you don't see it.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #46

Mar 2012
Pennsylvania

After reading all of the responses I guess I am the only one who will definitely miss Merlin. To me, that was the biggest loss.
Thanks given by:
Himmel (08-15-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 12:56 AM   #47
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2012
Origae-6

Kingsman 3 Release Date: Nov 8, 2019. Matt Vaughn Returns To Direct.

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/sta...67342988271621
Thanks given by:
MisterPilgrim (09-22-2018), Monterey Jack (09-22-2018), mwynn (09-22-2018), sandman slim (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 01:03 AM   #48
Expert Member

Sep 2010
Encino, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himmel View Post
Kingsman 3 Release Date: Nov 8, 2019. Matt Vaughn Returns To Direct.

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/sta...67342988271621
Looking forward to it. I didn't enjoy Golden Circle as much as Secret Service, but I had a great time nevertheless, and loved the action, especially that last fight. This might seem weird to say, but I hope Vaughn reins in on the runtime, but continues to go crazy on the action front.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:08 AM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
After reading all of the responses I guess I am the only one who will definitely miss Merlin. To me, that was the biggest loss.
Iím goimg to miss him to. They shouldnít have killed him off there was no reason.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:39 AM   #50
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

We will see, I'm kind of deflated on the series after the second one, I feel like I've seen all these films can offer.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017
Knowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
He can be brought back by using whatever silly explanation. It's the Kingsman universe after all.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:52 AM   #52
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
-
-
-

Kind of surprised Fox set such an aggressive and relatively soon release date for this. Vaughn's of course on board, but we haven't heard any casting news or had any information on who is returning, yet Fox believes it'll be ready by next November. Then again, I guess a lot of cast members have contractual obligations to return.

Even so, not sure it's a wise business decision to even move forward with a third film at all. The second barely managed to crawl over $100 mil domestic, grossed less than the first film worldwide despite a higher production cost, and got mixed responses from critics and audiences. I think the amount of people interested in a third entry isn't large enough of an audience to warrant #3.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #53
Expert Member

Jul 2016

Hated the second one a lot. First was OK. Plot of all over the place. Characters were bad too.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:38 AM   #54
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkprkprk View Post
Kind of surprised Fox set such an aggressive and relatively soon release date for this. Vaughn's of course on board, but we haven't heard any casting news or had any information on who is returning, yet Fox believes it'll be ready by next November. Then again, I guess a lot of cast members have contractual obligations to return.

Even so, not sure it's a wise business decision to even move forward with a third film at all. The second barely managed to crawl over $100 mil domestic, grossed less than the first film worldwide despite a higher production cost, and got mixed responses from critics and audiences. I think the amount of people interested in a third entry isn't large enough of an audience to warrant #3.
I guess it’s no coincidence that this has been set so soon after Bond 25 getting moved to February. Vaughn and Goldman have been working on the script before the second one released and undoubtably been pencilling in pre-production, it’s likely to be ready to start shooting soon and it’s just a case of the cast getting put together.

As for the performance of the second film, I think with it’s massive opening but dwindling repeat business, they’re confident they can have a big hit, the likely (and most hopeful) situation is the third film is a little more stripped back with less studio interference in hopes that a good third film can breakout with stronger word of mouth. Personally I think the damage has been done and general audiences’ interest was spent up with the second film, but all it takes is a good trailer to turn that around.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:44 PM   #55
Expert Member

Mar 2010

I really hope Vaughn listens to some of the criticism about the second movie and reins it in a little for the third. Iím a massive fan of the first but I was heavily disappointed in the second. It was overly silly and convoluted (they bent over backwards to explain Harryís return from the dead and as a result it felt cheap), it was mean-spirited (killing Roxie and J.B.) and the CGI was not up to par at all. I hope the second one has a tighter storyline, more focus, and doesnít kill the dog again.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:51 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Send a message via MSN to The Apocalypse

Country roads....
Old 09-22-2018, 02:34 PM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:

True, but it didnít cost a ton of money to make and only grossed $4 million less than the first (worldwide). But youíre right. It did take a bigger hit domestically.
Thanks given by:
J-Mart (09-22-2018), prkprkprk (09-23-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 04:26 PM   #58
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
TN

Quote:
Third, fourth, and fifth, actually. They announced plans for Kingsman 3, a prequel, and a Statesman spinoff simultaneously.

And an 8 episode tv series, too.

Old 09-22-2018, 04:32 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

Quote:

Could have to do with wanting to get into production before the Disney acquisition is final (supposedly will be early next year). Cause with R rating and solid but not blockbuster results, may be a franchise Disney won't continue and this is their chance.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017
Knowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman slim View Post
Third, fourth, and fifth, actually. They announced plans for Kingsman 3, a prequel, and a Statesman spinoff simultaneously.

And an 8 episode tv series, too.

Statesman spinoff would be cool.
Thanks given by:
cheez avenger (09-22-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies