Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60
 
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
1 day ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99
 
Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49
 
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Shadow in the Cloud (Blu-ray)
$19.50
1 day ago
Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$69.99
9 hrs ago
Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$16.99
19 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #21
scifisuperfan scifisuperfan is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2018
Default

Spider-Man: Euphoria

With the after credits scene being to promote the next Avengers movie called:

Avengers: Suicide

where every Avenger will travel to Vormir to commit suicide. This will make thousands of soul stones and this guy will go...

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #22
kylor kylor is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
kylor's Avatar
 
Jul 2015
Indoors™
454
6758
623
1030
2058
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifisuperfan View Post
Spider-Man: Euphoria

With the after credits scene being to promote the next Avengers movie called:

Avengers: Suicide

where every Avenger will travel to Vormir to commit suicide. This will make thousands of soul stones and this guy will go...

[Show spoiler]
Expect a Soul stone to appear here too since that humor is dead on me.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AFFanAttic (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 03:45 PM   #23
pi2loc pi2loc is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
pi2loc's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Maine
309
1799
1
446
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
CyberpunkCentral (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 03:58 PM   #24
wallendo wallendo is offline
Power Member
 
wallendo's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Southeastern NC
100
1028
7
3
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
Why is this hard to figure out. They can use all of Stark’s technology and never once mention his name. Easy as pie.
Much of the Hollywood press is dumber than dirt, that's why.

There is no announced Avengers or "new Avengers" movie in the publicly announced timeline, so any future team-up movie is well into the future. Marvel doesn't need to do anything about Spiderman. If they have to, they can just say "the kid" is off at college. There needs to be no reference to Spiderman in the Doctor Strange or Black Panther sequels or the Black Widow prequel. He doesn't fit into the Eternal, or the Kung Fu movie

The only real losses for the Spiderman franchise from a legal IP standpoint is that Aunt May needs to get a new boyfriend. Spiderman doesn't need Nick Fury (or Skrull Nick Fury).

The loss of Kevin Feige's talents will be significant, but there is no reason Spiderman can't continue along his current path.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Darkstream (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 04:05 PM   #25
CyberpunkCentral CyberpunkCentral is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
CyberpunkCentral's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
6
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:58 PM   #26
scifisuperfan scifisuperfan is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2018
Default

Meaning, YAY we got demoted to series but we all want Spidey boy to keep in the movies receiving more money than us, YAY
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:36 PM   #27
mwynn mwynn is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
mwynn's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
329
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Creed (08-25-2019), CyberpunkCentral (08-25-2019), imsounoriginal (08-25-2019), InuYashaCrusade (08-25-2019), scifisuperfan (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 08:46 PM   #28
scifisuperfan scifisuperfan is offline
Banned
 
Aug 2018
Default

best part of that video is the laugh!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:01 PM   #29
DanTheMan DanTheMan is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
DanTheMan's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
236
1761
438
330
87
Default

Crazy to say this, but as long as Sony can continue to use Ned, MJ, May, and his classmates......there's a possibility they can pull this off without MCU tie-ins. Huge risk obviously, but not impossible to accomplish. Into the Spider-Verse proved that.

They don't need to utter the words "Tony Stark" or "Stark Industries" in the next sequel. If they're allowed to at least mention Happy's name, they can briefly bring up him and May's breakup and move on (for the time being). Everything else can stay behind. The big thing to decide on besides Parker's next adversary, is his suit tech. How sophisticated will it be, and how badly does he need to rely on it in action?

The biggest roadblock for Sony in this case.....is Sony.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:56 PM   #30
Batman90 Batman90 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Batman90's Avatar
 
Aug 2017
Gotham City
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
Crazy to say this, but as long as Sony can continue to use Ned, MJ, May, and his classmates......there's a possibility they can pull this off without MCU tie-ins. Huge risk obviously, but not impossible to accomplish. Into the Spider-Verse proved that.

They don't need to utter the words "Tony Stark" or "Stark Industries" in the next sequel. If they're allowed to at least mention Happy's name, they can briefly bring up him and May's breakup and move on (for the time being). Everything else can stay behind. The big thing to decide on besides Parker's next adversary, is his suit tech. How sophisticated will it be, and how badly does he need to rely on it in action?

The biggest roadblock for Sony in this case.....is Sony.
Sony will do what Sony does best and they will screw Spider-Man up. They can mess up a cup of coffee.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:04 PM   #31
DoorsOfPerception DoorsOfPerception is offline
Active Member
 
DoorsOfPerception's Avatar
 
Aug 2019
Canada
Default

One of my worries is that Sony will try to do too many villains in one movie, which historically they aren't very good at.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:07 PM   #32
kevin87 kevin87 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
kevin87's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Alabama
144
861
25
147
208
1
122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
Crazy to say this, but as long as Sony can continue to use Ned, MJ, May, and his classmates......there's a possibility they can pull this off without MCU tie-ins. Huge risk obviously, but not impossible to accomplish. Into the Spider-Verse proved that.

They don't need to utter the words "Tony Stark" or "Stark Industries" in the next sequel. If they're allowed to at least mention Happy's name, they can briefly bring up him and May's breakup and move on (for the time being). Everything else can stay behind. The big thing to decide on besides Parker's next adversary, is his suit tech. How sophisticated will it be, and how badly does he need to rely on it in action?

The biggest roadblock for Sony in this case.....is Sony.
There's no way they can not bring up how half the universe was dead for 5 years though. That storyline belongs to Disney, not Sony.

I get that Sony wants all the profits, but the reason they've done so well is because the MCU introduced Spider-Holland, and he's been in 3 MCU movies so far, not counting Homecoming and FFH, and now this next one he's under contract for will just have to completely neglect most of his life. It's not going to make sense unless they reboot it a third time or everybody in Spider-land gets amnesia. Would have been nice for them to at least finish the MCU storyline and then Sony can cut ties with Marvel completely and reboot it and do whatever they want to (ruin) the franchise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:21 PM   #33
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorsOfPerception View Post
One of my worries is that Sony will try to do too many villains in one movie, which historically they aren't very good at.
If they're aiming for Sinister Six then they'll definitely be rushing the team-up and cramming as many new villains as possible. This is Sony we're talking about here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:25 PM   #34
darkness2918 darkness2918 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
darkness2918's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
1
55
1073
186
144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
There's no way they can not bring up how half the universe was dead for 5 years though. That storyline belongs to Disney, not Sony.

I get that Sony wants all the profits, but the reason they've done so well is because the MCU introduced Spider-Holland, and he's been in 3 MCU movies so far, not counting Homecoming and FFH, and now this next one he's under contract for will just have to completely neglect most of his life. It's not going to make sense unless they reboot it a third time or everybody in Spider-land gets amnesia. Would have been nice for them to at least finish the MCU storyline and then Sony can cut ties with Marvel completely and reboot it and do whatever they want to (ruin) the franchise.
All of that can simply just not be mentioned ever again. It could just be like a “It happened, it was bad but now it’s time to move on” sort of attitude.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:27 PM   #35
CyberpunkCentral CyberpunkCentral is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
CyberpunkCentral's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorsOfPerception View Post
One of my worries is that Sony will try to do too many villains in one movie, which historically they aren't very good at.
Homecoming had Vulture, Shocker, Scorpion. Far From Home had Mysterio, Hydro-Man, Molten Man, Sandman, Cyclone and Skrulls.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:31 PM   #36
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentral View Post
Homecoming had Vulture, Shocker, Scorpion. Far From Home had Mysterio, Hydro-Man, Molten Man, Sandman, Cyclone and Skrulls.
But that's because of Marvel/Feige who knows how to handle this.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
CyberpunkCentral (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 12:31 AM   #37
DoorsOfPerception DoorsOfPerception is offline
Active Member
 
DoorsOfPerception's Avatar
 
Aug 2019
Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentral View Post
Homecoming had Vulture, Shocker, Scorpion. Far From Home had Mysterio, Hydro-Man, Molten Man, Sandman, Cyclone and Skrulls.
Yes, but only one villain in each film was clearly the main villain. Hydro-man, Molten Man etc. were very subordinate to Mysterio. They were literally illusions after all.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ArchiTech (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 12:46 AM   #38
Falaskan Falaskan is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2011
Alaska
274
60
1
44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
But that's because of Marvel/Feige who knows how to handle this.
He’s not the only person on planet Earth who can.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ArchiTech (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019, 12:47 AM   #39
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
He’s not the only person on planet Earth who can.
Kind of seems like he is...
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:48 AM   #40
Falaskan Falaskan is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2011
Alaska
274
60
1
44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Kind of seems like he is...
I think your memory is quite selective, as is your outlook.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ArchiTech (08-26-2019)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:54 PM.