Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Short Circuit 2 (Blu-ray)
$5.99
9 hrs ago
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
7 hrs ago
The Golden Child (Blu-ray)
$16.99
18 hrs ago
Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
18 hrs ago
Kuffs (Blu-ray)
$16.69
13 hrs ago
Ultraman Taro: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #21

Dec 2007
Buckeye Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBidinger View Post
I was at the local PX and they had copies of SawIII with and without slipcases, and the slipcases were under the shrinkwrap. How peculiar methinks.
The only saw movie I bought is part-1, and I even tossed that slip cover in the trash....LOL

All that's left is the clear plastic case.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #22

Jul 2007
Denver, N.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronSCH View Post
I used to like them on my DVDs but they actually defeat the whole idea of having a keep case to protect the insert and disc. It is just a piece of cardboard or plastic that will become worn over time and cannot be replaced like a keepcase.
I agree. If they weren't so fragile, and the holographic paint didn't instantly begin wiping off when you touched it, I would like them more. Cardboard isn't pretty to me, even with paint applied.

I'm considering throwing some out, what do you think?
Old 01-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #23

Jan 2005

I LOVE packaging! I want the best possible!!! Rock on!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007

Me too. I"m one of those if I buy it used on Ebay, I expect a slipcover if it ever came with one from the seller. If not, then I wouldn't bid on it. If it's missing something that came from the factory, then it's not the same any longer. That's just me...

With the previous DVD packaging without slipcover, I feel those are worth $1 for some reason..very cheap looking.

I guess studios are trying to save money as much as they can...but I feel that Hi-Def items should include "premium" packaging or looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKx View Post
I LOVE packaging! I want the best possible!!! Rock on!!!
Thanks given by:
Shaggy1978 (08-05-2020)
Old 01-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #25

Apr 2007
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT-Spunj View Post
Ditto....

If I buy a disc with a slipcover, it's immediately tossed in the garbage upon opening.
Same goes here
Old 01-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #26

Oct 2007
Hollywood, CA

Those cardboard slip covers are a waste of paper if you ask me. They add nothing but bulk to the packaging and should be done away with as quickly possible.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2006
Oceanside, CA.
Send a message via ICQ to BTBuck1 Send a message via AIM to BTBuck1 Send a message via MSN to BTBuck1 Send a message via Yahoo to BTBuck1

slip covers rock s0x~!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #28

Sep 2007
Columbus, OH
Send a message via AIM to Frumious Boojum Send a message via MSN to Frumious Boojum Send a message via Yahoo to Frumious Boojum Send a message via Skype™ to Frumious Boojum

I like it when they're not poorly designed. Worst Blu-Ray item with slip cover: Assassin's Creed LE. Mixing with a tin just doesn't make for easy replacement.

I'd say Hairspray is the best one I have -- it has nice, attractive form and function.

I don't see the slipcases going too much beyond the major releases for a while. It's something I can take or leave, but enjoy when done right.

At least BD is more uniform from the start than DVD was (paper vs. plastic, clamshell cases vs. CD-style jewel cases, etc.).

I just hope we get don't get too many paper packages. I've always hated any DVD case where the package is entirely paper except for a poorly glued tray.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #29

Sep 2009
cleveland

I think some of you members need to save your slip covers so you can trade them later. There's alot of members on here who loves them. So instead of throwing them out save them, you might have a gold mine later. As for me i really hate digi books.
Thanks given by:
Shaggy1978 (08-05-2020)
Old 04-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #30

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
While I'm not a conservationist or anything, I can't stand the slip covers. I take all mine off and throw them away when I get them. That includes the boxes the box sets come in. Just give me the Blu plastic case!
This is my take too, but I feel bad doing it as some are very nice. I just find fiddling with them frustrating.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #31
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

I keep all mine in a box as well, can't seem to get rid of them . Although if I do, I'll sell them to someone here. A couple members have already shown interest in my Dracula cover.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
MN

I have a fair number of slipcovers. I'm selling some of them off and only keeping the ones from my very favorite movies. If I can make money but not sell the actual movies, to me that's what counts.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #33

Apr 2011
Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbluray View Post
I have a fair number of slipcovers. I'm selling some of them off and only keeping the ones from my very favorite movies. If I can make money but not sell the actual movies, to me that's what counts.
You can actually sell these things. I usually just throw them away and before I came to this site didnt know they were like a collector's item. Wow, I'm missing out on making money here.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #34
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by msansoucie View Post
You can actually sell these things. I usually just throw them away and before I came to this site didnt know they were like a collector's item. Wow, I'm missing out on making money here.
I've been offered $25 for my Dracula slip. May have to part with it. That kind of dough will get me four BD's at Walmart.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #35
Special Member

Nov 2010
Johor, Malaysia
Send a message via ICQ to Andrewtst Send a message via MSN to Andrewtst Send a message via Yahoo to Andrewtst Send a message via Skype™ to Andrewtst

I love slip cover, wish all standard packaging came with slip cover.

For those dislike slip cover and throw to bin, better throw to me, I don't might taken it all

If you dislike slip cover, don't buy any Blu-ray that just release, buy it after few more months once the slip cover no longer there.. give people that love it buy 1st.. hehe..
Old 04-20-2011, 06:15 AM   #36
Special Member

Mar 2007
Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
While I'm not a conservationist or anything, I can't stand the slip covers. I take all mine off and throw them away when I get them. That includes the boxes the box sets come in. Just give me the Blu plastic case!
I agree. Would go for a 5mm case if it had just a single disc.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:54 AM   #37

May 2007
Isla Del Sol

Slip covers go straight into the garbage when I get them.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:24 AM   #38

Apr 2011
Which is weird, because this site has the Japanese edition of 5 Centimeters Per Second...

It's a nice addition, but I don't feel like it's absolutely necessary. Afterall, I'm buying the product for the, well, product
Old 05-17-2011, 03:04 AM   #39
Banned

Sep 2009
NJ
Send a message via AIM to Idioteque... Send a message via MSN to Idioteque...

Funny story, I found Hangover with the slipcover at Best Buy today. I switched up a version with the movie ticket with the slipcover one.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #40
Special Member

Nov 2010
Johor, Malaysia
Send a message via ICQ to Andrewtst Send a message via MSN to Andrewtst Send a message via Yahoo to Andrewtst Send a message via Skype™ to Andrewtst
Thumbs up

All BD shall stick with slipcover forever! The origin BD case is damn ugly especially the top blue bar part!

I love slipcover! I want slipcover! Slipcover! Slipcover! I love you!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology