Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Short Circuit 2 (Blu-ray)
$5.99
7 hrs ago
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
5 hrs ago
The Golden Child (Blu-ray)
$16.99
15 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
18 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$8.99
16 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Log Horizon: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$48.99
5 hrs ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Kuffs (Blu-ray)
$16.69
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 11-14-2017, 02:38 AM   #41
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentral View Post
Like I said before, where do you draw the line? You can say all these cool things about any Spider-Man. Ask yourself, can they really carry a franchise?

The Punisher spun out of the Spider-Man comic, too, and over the years has had multiple comics, movies, and a television series of his own. There's absolutely no reason why any character can't evolve beyond the trappings of where it was first introduced -- it's just that fans are resistant to the idea, unless there's a proven history given for them to accept it. But every character has to start somewhere. Venom and Morbius have each had their own comic series, as well as having guest-starred in other characters' books, besides Spider-Man's, so I think they have the same merits as The Punisher and qualify for the same opportunities as character concepts in other mediums.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #42
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Morbius was supposed to be the main villain for Blade 2, but he was scrapped for The Reapers.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #43
Banned

Feb 2017

With Sony fronting rhe bill theres a chance of it being R rated
Old 05-27-2018, 03:45 AM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008
Pillars of Creation

Plot Details for Sony’s ‘Morbius’ Spider-Verse Spin-Off

Quote:
Sony Pictures, who reinvigorated their Spider-Man license by coming to an agreement with Marvel Studios to share the Peter Parker character. However, Sony’s ambitions were much greater than simply renting out the Wallcrawler. In fact, they have already begun building their own cinematic universe which branches off from the cash cow, that has been informally dubbed Sony’s Spider-Verse. Later this calendar year we will be getting two new spin-offs, Venom and Spider-Man: Enter the Spider-Verse, while the second Homecoming sequel is prepping to go before cameras within a few months time.

All of that commotion fed our curiosity, which inspired us to crawl through the vent shafts of Sony Pictures and get the latest word about another project on the Spider-Verse assembly line, Morbius. The project is in the midst of pre-production with producers Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad already hiring screenwriters Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless, who are fresh off of the first season of Netflix’s Lost in Space, to script the film. Last week, a report surfaced that Straight Out of Compton director F. Gary Gray had already turned down the project based on the Marvel Comics’ anti-hero after careful consideration. So while there is no new news to report on a new director, our source has let us know that they are looking to cast a male of an unspecified race, between the ages of 30-37 for the lead role. Even more, interestingly, we also managed to get a glimpse of the working logline for the in-development film that gives the general direction of Morbius:

Quote:
Horror action story of a scientist who, in trying to find a cure for a rare blood disease, accidentally transformed himself into a living vampire who, though disgusted by his own bloodlust, chooses to prey upon criminals he deems unworthy of life.
In the comics, Morbius aka Dr. Michael Morbius, became the “Living Vampire” after experimenting on himself. The procedure horribly disfigured the scientist, while he gained many superhuman abilities including flight, super-strength, and echolocation. However, Morbius’ experimentation unlocked an inhuman thirst for blood that the doctor can rarely resist. He has come into conflict with many in the Marvel universe, but it’s Spider-Man’s blood that’s proven to be one of the only temporary cures for his vampiric condition.

Many theorized that Venom would be Sony’s best opportunity to jump into the comic book horror sub-genre that still hasn’t found its footing. Earlier in the month, Sony debuted the full trailer for Venom and it’s clear that the movie is hedging its bet and looks more family-friendly than many were anticipating. The description of the upcoming adaptation of Marvel Comics’ Morbius the Living Vampire, seems to indicate that this could be the true horror-action film of the upcoming Spider-Verse slate.

There is still a lot more to uncover about the project and it should be interesting to gauge what effect the buildup and release of Venom will have on the pre-production for Morbius. We will be sure to bring you even more on Sony’s upcoming adaptation in the coming months.
Source
Old 05-27-2018, 01:46 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Sony Pictures

Morbius w/o Spider-Man makes more sense than Venom w/o Spider-Man.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:07 PM   #46
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

So they've given this project to the people who wrote high-profile turkey flops such as Power Rangers, Gods of Egypt, The Last Witch Hunter, and Dracula Untold? Like how ****ing bad does the CV of a writer or filmmaker have to get before Sony thinks "hmmmm, maybe it's best if we don't hire these guys!"
Old 05-27-2018, 04:41 PM   #47
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2015
Indoors™

I actually liked Dracula Untold. My only gripe was that I thought it was a bit short.
Thanks given by:
Galactus (06-27-2018), MattJ1991 (06-27-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 05:21 PM   #48
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

Unless the screenwriters are genuine hacks like Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt because the higher the movie budget, the less of a say they have. They're just doing what they're told.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:48 PM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylor View Post
I actually liked Dracula Untold. My only gripe was that I thought it was a bit short.
It's beyond abysmal, easily the worst script they've shat out (and when you've got Gods of Egypt on your writing C.V. that's saying a lot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
Unless the screenwriters are genuine hacks like Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt because the higher the movie budget, the less of a say they have. They're just doing what they're told.
Have you seen the films they've written?
Old 05-27-2018, 06:51 PM   #50
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2015
Indoors™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingster View Post
It's beyond abysmal, easily the worst script they've shat out (and when you've got Gods of Egypt on your writing C.V. that's saying a lot).
Coolio with me. I'm glad you have your own view.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:29 PM   #51
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Dracula Untold is fun nonsense, if this movie ends up like that I'll be fine with it. And it'd still be better than both the Amazing movies.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:21 AM   #52

Jun 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post
Morbius was supposed to be the main villain for Blade 2, but he was scrapped for The Reapers.
eurgh.
Would have taken that story over what we got in a heartbeat.

In fact I love Blade 1 so much, and have watched it more than any other movie ever, that for me, Blade II was such a let down and blade III was an absolute shambles. Comedy?...really?

eurgh...

why movie franchises always feel like they need to go down the "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" route i will never know.
Blade working with vampires in II and then being betrayed by them was so obvious a plot line, and Blade hated them so much, It just simply wouldnt have happened.

In a nutshell Blade is a stand alone movie in my head.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:03 PM   #53
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
Raleigh

Source: Deadline

Quote:
Jared Leto, Daniel Espinosa Team For Sony’s ‘Morbius’ Spider-Man Spinoff
by Mike Fleming Jr - June 27, 2018 12:00pm

BREAKING: Jared Leto and director Daniel Espinosa are being set by Sony for Morbius, a Spider-Man Universe spinoff based on the Marvel Comics antihero Morbius the Living Vampire. Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama, creators of Netflix’s Lost in Space, wrote the script.

Leto, who played the iconic character The Joker in DC’s Suicide Squad and has been mentioned for a bunch of potential Joker-centric spinoffs, here will play Dr. Michael Morbius, a biochemist who in an attempt to cure a fatal blood disease injects himself with a treatment serum derived from bats. He becomes the anti-hero Morbius. He has all the qualitiess of a vampire, including a taste for human blood. The character originated in the 70s Marvel Comics as a Spider-Man nemesis in The Amazing Spider-Man #101, but he evolved into his own freestanding comic hero as the decades unfolded.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach will produce with Lucas Foster. Palak Patel will oversee for Sony.

Espinosa last directed the sci-fi pic Life, and before that Child 44 and Safe House.

This becomes the latest attempt by Sony to broaden out its Spider-Man universe, which includes the Tom Hardy-starrer Venom, with another in the works that focuses on two other anti-heroes, Black Cat and Silver Sable, in the spinoff pic Silver and Black.

Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige ran point on Spider-Man: Homecoming, and the sequel Spider-Man: Far From Home. I don’t believe Feige has oversight on the spinoffs.

Leto is repped by CAA and Untitled; Espinosa is WME, Magnolia and attorney Warren Dern; the scribes are ICM Partners and SMGS.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #54
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

Is this a Joke?
Old 06-27-2018, 08:08 PM   #55
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentral View Post
Is this a Joke?
Nope.

Thanks given by:
CyberpunkCentral (06-27-2018), Galactus (06-27-2018), imsounoriginal (07-12-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 08:12 PM   #56
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2016
Los Angeles, California

Can’t Jared Letogo back to music and leave movies alone?
Old 06-27-2018, 08:19 PM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

So how long until we start getting stories of him biting people on set? Y'know, 'cause it's for his "craft" or... something.
Thanks given by:
Darth Marcus (06-27-2018), Gacivory (06-28-2018), MattJ1991 (06-27-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 08:23 PM   #58
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacivory View Post
Can’t Jared Letogo back to music and leave movies alone?
Why? He's a better actor than musician.

I think Morbius is better suited for him than The Joker.

Just like with Venom, I'm hoping for the best. No other Sony Spider-Man-related movies interest me, but Venom and Morbius, which I feel can work on their own if done right.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:13 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
Boulder City, Nevada

I'd rather see him on a Netflix MCU Blade series
Old 06-27-2018, 09:17 PM   #60
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008
Pillars of Creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marcus View Post
Source: Deadline
Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick... NO!!!

**** off Leto!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies