Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Shenmue III (PS4)
$9.99
1 day ago
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection (PS4)
$36.04
4 hrs ago
XIII (PS4)
$24.00

Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99
1 day ago
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$29.97

Who Wants to Be A Millionare (PS4)
$19.99

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (PS4)
$19.93

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
$39.99

NHL 21 Ultimate Edition (PS4)
$42.97

Streets Of Rage 4 (PS4)
$29.60

The Last of Us Part II (PS4)
$29.83

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 03-21-2019, 06:10 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
Frankly I'm hoping Activision convinced them to make this game more accessible for gamers that arent masochists.
From the what I have seen, the game is incredible hard. That being said activision did work with From Software to create more tutorials and introduction areas to help make the game more accessible

Maybe spoilers - but I thought it was a good review:

Thanks given by:
Cook (03-21-2019), Zivouhr (03-23-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 10:58 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

For what it's worth, I'm buying this tonight regardless of its difficulty. I own all the SoulsBorn games. Never finished a single one, but I keep trying. Eventually I'll beat one of From's games.
Thanks given by:
ScarredLungs (03-22-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 03:24 AM   #23
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

I thought about placing a pre-order for the GameStop exclusive which includes the letter opener, but decided not to. This game looks really good, though.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:35 AM   #24
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

Once again poor performance strikes again! Ugh... When will FromSoft learn...

I'll get Sekiro eventually... once I finish up all the games I own and haven't finished... which is a lot.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:13 AM   #25
Power Member

Apr 2009
Baton Rouge, LA

Iím having serious picture quality issues. Playing on an Xbox one x. I have a samsung nu7200. In cut scenes where itís dark itís doing that shadowy blurry pixelation on the darkest parts of the screen. It does this a lot when I watch Netflix but I chalked it up to the fact that it had to stream the image. Is this a problem with the game or my tv? Any help would be great.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:53 PM   #26
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC86X View Post
Iím having serious picture quality issues. Playing on an Xbox one x. I have a samsung nu7200. In cut scenes where itís dark itís doing that shadowy blurry pixelation on the darkest parts of the screen. It does this a lot when I watch Netflix but I chalked it up to the fact that it had to stream the image. Is this a problem with the game or my tv? Any help would be great.
I have it on PS4, but I am hoping that I have no issues.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:48 AM   #27
Power Member

Apr 2009
Baton Rouge, LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarredLungs View Post
I have it on PS4, but I am hoping that I have no issues.
Let me know if it does the same for you. All I know is the opening cut scene it was really really bad. Just frustrating man. I didnít get it on my ps4 pro because I typically just play all the exclusives on it and all the third party AAA games on my one x. Like I said itís just really annoying. I paid $500 for a console and another $500 for the 4K TV I donít expect to have these sorts of issues.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:52 AM   #28

Jul 2011

If the cut scenes are videos instead of real-time, it could be poor video compression that is the culprit.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:36 AM   #29
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC86X View Post
Itís an Xbox Software problem. You are getting black crush. Until a firmware releases to resolve this, kinda sol.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:56 PM   #30
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

20 to 40 hours of gameplay sounds like a good value at full price for Sekiro. They said the combat is the most finely tuned yet/refined, and the base PS4 has a 1080p resolution compared to the regular XB1's 900p.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:19 PM   #31
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Two things:

I don't have any video issues
This game is brutal and I'm not great at it

#havingablast
Old 03-23-2019, 02:13 PM   #32
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Two things:

I don't have any video issues
This game is brutal and I'm not great at it

#havingablast
How much like a Bloodborne/Souls type game is it? Much similar?
Old 03-23-2019, 09:38 PM   #33
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
How much like a Bloodborne/Souls type game is it? Much similar?
The combat is unique and very different from Bloodborne/Souls games. I enjoy it a lot more. It seems to take a lot more skill than the other games.

The game is pretty challenging. From my limited progress, I would say it is just as hard or harder than the other games.

The game seems a lot more open to exploring than Souls/Bloodborne.

The Story is easier to follow and understand

**I should note that I only played DS3, in the Souls Series
Old 03-23-2019, 11:39 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas. Muggy & Hot 24/7/365

Playing this on Xbox one x, and yeah, kinda wished i got this for my ps4 pro now. Framerate is a bit off on the X, but not enough to be an issue.

Game is hard, given there is a new learning curve, even for the Souls vets.........really enjoying it. Trying to beat the Drunkard boss ( or mini)?

Am I the only one that thinks Steel cases are kinda lame? I mean, not lame, but they do nothing for me.

Quote:
The combat is unique and very different from Bloodborne/Souls games. I enjoy it a lot more. It seems to take a lot more skill than the other games.

The game is pretty challenging. From my limited progress, I would say it is just as hard or harder than the other games.

The game seems a lot more open to exploring than Souls/Bloodborne.

The Story is easier to follow and understand

**I should note that I only played DS3, in the Souls Series
I agree with most of this myself. Ironically only souls game I've not played was DS3. Heard the DLC was hard.

In this game, the basic tropes are all there. Healing flask, mysterious merchants, etc

The combat is the difference. Dodge is NOT your friend in this game alone. And if you rely on DODGE, the battles will be hard at first. The combat is not really harder, but its designed so you have to use different skills during the same fights. One moment, a jump may be the best way to go, the next a dodge and then a parry, etc

Look around for Shinobi upgrades and make sure to go and have them installed but the Sculptor right away

I would say do not rely on the Resurrection option too often. Save it for mini bosses or bosses.

Do wish you can call a buddy for help with the boss characters though

On Xbox, the gamer rating is sitting at a 3.9/5.0 but only due to those raging out over the difficulty. It never changes with gamers. those same 1 star review dudes will be calling this a masterpiece in 2 years

If anyone has questions on tactics, please ask. I will share what little I do understand myself, and will do the same.7 when I am stuck.

Kinda wish I got the Statue version. Pretty awesome little 7" figure.

I do have one question: the two circle-like icons in the bottom left. I gather one signifies you have one Resurrection option, but the other?

Last edited by Matt S; 03-23-2019 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:46 AM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
Playing this on Xbox one x, and yeah, kinda wished i got this for my ps4 pro now. Framerate is a bit off on the X, but not enough to be an issue.

Game is hard, given there is a new learning curve, even for the Souls vets.........really enjoying it. Trying to beat the Drunkard boss ( or mini)?

Am I the only one that thinks Steel cases are kinda lame? I mean, not lame, but they do nothing for me.

I agree with most of this myself. Ironically only souls game I've not played was DS3. Heard the DLC was hard.

In this game, the basic tropes are all there. Healing flask, mysterious merchants, etc

The combat is the difference. Dodge is NOT your friend in this game alone. And if you rely on DODGE, the battles will be hard at first. The combat is not really harder, but its designed so you have to use different skills during the same fights. One moment, a jump may be the best way to go, the next a dodge and then a parry, etc

Look around for Shinobi upgrades and make sure to go and have them installed but the Sculptor right away

I would say do not rely on the Resurrection option too often. Save it for mini bosses or bosses.

On Xbox, the gamer rating is sitting at a 3.9/5.0 but only due to those raging out over the difficulty. It never changes with gamers. those same 1 star review dudes will be calling this a masterpiece in 2 years

If anyone has questions on tactics, please ask. I will share what little I do understand myself, and will do the same.7 when I am stuck.

I do have one question: the two circle-like icons in the bottom left. I gather one signifies you have one Resurrection option, but the other?
It also has framerate problems on the PS4 Pro. I've been routinely getting framerate drops.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:48 AM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
It also has framerate problems on the PS4 Pro. I've been routinely getting framerate drops.
Sorry to hear it. Par for the course with a From Software game, sadly. It's not a deal breaker, but it would be nice if their games were buttery-smooth

I may have answered my own question from above on those two icons, bottom left. One is for Resurrection and I believe the other indicates when you are receiving Unseen Aid. I apparently need help: game is always giving me 30%
Old 03-24-2019, 01:53 AM   #37
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:

Both are for Resurrection. You can't use them back to back and they recharge differently.
Thanks given by:
Matt S (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 02:00 AM   #38
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
Both are for Resurrection. You can't use them back to back and they recharge differently.
Interesting. So, when both show full, I could have two resurrection opportunities? Spread apart, which I get.....Thanks. Honestly, I've already had the doctor character heal the Dragonrot once, but assume it can come back to those once inflicted?

I appreciate it
Thanks given by:
ScarredLungs (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 02:15 AM   #39
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Interesting. So, when both show full, I could have two resurrection opportunities? Spread apart, which I get.....Thanks. Honestly, I've already had the doctor character heal the Dragonrot once, but assume it can come back to those once inflicted?

I appreciate it
I've not done that yet. I don't know if I missed something or if you are further than I.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
I've not done that yet. I don't know if I missed something or if you are further than I.
I won't say more then.....minor spoilers only but still

So, not sure how i've gone this long without realizing, but pushing R1 will do the attack, holding R1 will do a more powerful attack....

Trying to get a boss, and it makes a huge difference
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4