Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
$19.99

Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
$14.99

Train Sim World 2 (PS4)
$19.99

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (PS4)
$19.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
$34.99

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS4)
$59.88
9 hrs ago
Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4)
$24.99

Iron Man VR (PS4)
$19.99

NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$69.70

Injustice 2 (PS4)
$14.99

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Street Fighter V (PS4)
$20.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 03-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #41
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
I won't say more then.....minor spoilers only but still

So, not sure how i've gone this long without realizing, but pushing R1 will do the attack, holding R1 will do a more powerful attack....

Trying to get a boss, and it makes a huge difference
Yes, I just noticed this yesterday. I'm at my first full boss as well.
Thanks given by:
Matt S (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 05:11 AM   #42
Power Member

Apr 2009
Baton Rouge, LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
It’s an Xbox Software problem. You are getting black crush. Until a firmware releases to resolve this, kinda sol.
Luckily Microsoft refunded me for my store purchase. I’m getting it for ps4 pro.

Edit: it literally looks 10 times better on ps4 pro.No issues with “black crush” at all. Is this normal or is my Xbox one messed up?

Last edited by DMC86X; 03-25-2019 at 07:31 AM.
Thanks given by:
ScarredLungs (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 08:12 AM   #43
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC86X View Post
Luckily Microsoft refunded me for my store purchase. I’m getting it for ps4 pro.

Edit: it literally looks 10 times better on ps4 pro.No issues with “black crush” at all. Is this normal or is my Xbox one messed up?
This problem happens on a number of titles. More recently, Metro Exodus suffered from it. I bought & played that whole game on Xbox One X. It didn’t bother me that much on my SDR display + that game ran at native 4K.

Edit,

Sekiro apparently has better fps on a 120hz display. It sees big dips in performance running on 60hz displays. Also frame pacing is still an issue on base PS4 & Xbox One.

Last edited by Derb; 03-25-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:21 AM   #44
Power Member

Apr 2009
Baton Rouge, LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
This problem happens on a number of titles. More recently, Metro Exodus suffered from it. I bought & played that whole game on Xbox One X. It didn’t bother me that much on my SDR display + that game ran at native 4K.

Edit,

Sekiro apparently has better fps on a 120hz display. It sees big dips in performance running on 60hz displays. Also frame pacing is still an issue on base PS4 & Xbox One.
I notice the black crush that you were talking about big time when I watch Netflix on my Xbox one x but hardly ever on my ps4 pro or even my Apple TV 4K. I’ve never seen it happen on a game ever until I got sekiro. But I haven’t seen it at all playing the game on ps4 pro. Also I’m finding the combat a tad bit easier on ps4. I’m thinking it has to do with the sensitivity of the lb and rb buttons compared to l1 and r1. I don’t know it just seems I’m getting the timing down a lot easier now.
Thanks given by:
Derb (03-25-2019), ScarredLungs (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 01:04 PM   #45
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
I notice the black crush that you were talking about big time when I watch Netflix on my Xbox one x but hardly ever on my ps4 pro or even my Apple TV 4K. Iíve never seen it happen on a game ever until I got sekiro. But I havenít seen it at all playing the game on ps4 pro. Also Iím finding the combat a tad bit easier on ps4. Iím thinking it has to do with the sensitivity of the lb and rb buttons compared to l1 and r1. I donít know it just seems Iím getting the timing down a lot easier now.
Ok, yeah itís clearly a firmware issue on the console. There are too many video options on it as well imo. I remember it took the help from this forum to get native 4K from Netflix & UHD Blu-ray.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:21 PM   #46
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

After my first weekend with this game, I love it. I am have been trying to take my time and try not to miss things. I know I have probably missed a ton.

I've only made it past the first boss. I have beaten 5 bosses. (I think)
Old 03-25-2019, 08:07 PM   #47
Power Member

Apr 2009
Baton Rouge, LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarredLungs View Post
After my first weekend with this game, I love it. I am have been trying to take my time and try not to miss things. I know I have probably missed a ton.

I've only made it past the first boss. I have beaten 5 bosses. (I think)
Itís so damn hard but I canít quit lol.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:35 PM   #48
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Itís so damn hard but I canít quit lol.
Yup! This mini boss in on is killing me.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:31 AM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas. Muggy & Hot 24/7/365

This game feels a lot harder (to me) that prior 'Souls' games. Not that any of them are easy, but this one has so many mini-bosses, its just - hard!

Xbox got a 150mb or so update.......you all get on for PS4? Any ideas? (update, minor xbox-related update, nothing super awesome)

So, if anyone is struggling with the Lady Butterfly boss, switch to Nightjar Slash. Fills up her Posture meter fast.....

Last edited by Matt S; 03-26-2019 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:12 PM   #50
Power Member

Apr 2009
Baton Rouge, LA

Any tips for the huge guy outside the burning temple with the huge poison sword?
Old 03-26-2019, 09:59 PM   #51
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

I am so tempted into wanting to buy this game. I like the way blood spurts out like a water fountain when killing the enemies.
The only thing that I am concerned about is the difficulty.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:11 AM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
I am so tempted into wanting to buy this game. I like the way blood spurts out like a water fountain when killing the enemies.
Others have said. And I agree, it is probably harder than previous From Software games. That being said, I love it.

You can unlock skill trees and abilities easier. The game is made in such a way, that despite being very brutal, it is more accessible to a wider audience. I recommend it.
Thanks given by:
VictoryAtNight (03-27-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 04:13 AM   #53
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
If you can finish 8bit or 16bit SEGA games, than this should be a walk in the park.
Thanks given by:
ScarredLungs (03-27-2019), VictoryAtNight (03-27-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 01:06 PM   #54

Mar 2019

get behind all the enemies and take them out one by one using the back walk way by the gate that gets blocked off when you fight him with the fog. Then when its just him and you, wait for him to get into position and slowly walk up from behind him and backstab which will take away one of his life portions with a death blow then just fight him straight up resurrect if you almost beat him but die

Last edited by MuP504; 03-27-2019 at 01:12 PM. Reason: response to dmc86x
Thanks given by:
Mr. Thomsen (03-27-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
Denmark

I have had a hard time getting adjusted to this - most likely amplified by my decision to play through Bloodborne again to get ready for the release.

This is so very different to the rest of the Soulsborne games. Or rather it is, and it isn't.

There are of course plenty of similarities. But what really has made it hard is the parrying system.

Like so many other Soulsborne fans, I have been used to dodging attacks and going for that perfectly timed parry, which is rewarded with a sound effect and the opportunity to land a riposte or visceral attack on the opponent, often killing him or at the very least taking a away a large chunk of his health.

This made me very frustrated with Sekiro. I never got good at parrying with shields in the Dark Souls series, and mostly used blocking and dodging. In Bloodborne, however, I was fairly proficient at it.

The main thing one has to realise with Sekiro is, parrying is a different beast here. Timing is still of importance, since perfectly timed parries built up the opponent's posture meter (which, when full, gives you the opportunity to land a death blow, even when his health bar is still full). But you will still parry or block at least some of damage, if you do not hit that sweet spot.

Unlike Dark Souls, you don't really get to do that one perfect parry/ riposte that kills your enemy in a single strong combo. Instead you built up your enemy's posture meter by multiple succesful parries until it is full - and then you get to do the death blow.

In fact, one of the fastest ways to built up an opponent's posture meter is to do multiple parries in a row, parrying every hack and slash in one of his attack combos. With some enemies, blocking every attack in a combo can instantly fill up their posture meter, in effect killing them.

It also took a long time to get used to the fact that dodging is much less useful here. The enemies' tracking is much better in Sekiro than in Dark Souls and Bloodborne. If you try to dodge around and attack, you will often see them turn in the attack and still hit you.

Basically, you have to approach Sekiro somewhat differently than Soulsborne. Like Bloodborne it pays off to be aggressive and in-your-face most of the time. But unlike Bloodborne, you really need to try to parry and block as much as possible instead of dodging attacks.

In fact, From Soft seems to want to teach us that blocking should be your go-to stance when fighting, as your own posture meter goes down much faster when you are blocking than when you are not.

I can really recommend using the training function with the undead guy back at the temple. I kinda skipped it, after doing the first three - dodging, attacking, deflecting - and only yesterday noticed that more advanced options open up along the way. Training multiple parries and against thrust attacks has been invaluable for my enjoyment of the game. I finally feel I am starting to get the combat system and see the fun in it.
Thanks given by:
Matt S (03-28-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

This mini-boss will be the end of me. I am struggling more than I should I feel. I have had him down to about 10% health or so many times, and then I do something dumb and die, die and die again

This is guy I am on. Spoiler to block potential spoilers of upcoming mini-boss fights
[Show spoiler]BLAZING BULL

Last edited by ScarredLungs; 03-28-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:21 AM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
Any tips for the huge guy outside the burning temple with the huge poison sword?
Take out all the normal guys first.....use stealth for them......it'll draw him out, but that is ok. Hide behind the rock and you can sneak up on him, and take out one of his two health meters.

See if you have an antidote. couple different ones work. There is an NPC that will help, but take out all the normal guys before calling on him. Save him for the boss. Boss is straightforward. Dodge will work with him. Watch his movements. He is somewhat predicable
Thanks given by:
ScarredLungs (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 07:13 AM   #58
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
Take out all the normal guys first.....use stealth for them......it'll draw him out, but that is ok. Hide behind the rock and you can sneak up on him, and take out one of his two health meters.

See if you have an antidote. couple different ones work. There is an NPC that will help, but take out all the normal guys before calling on him. Save him for the boss. Boss is straightforward. Dodge will work with him. Watch his movements. He is somewhat predicable
Pretty much what I did.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:14 AM   #59
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2007
Utah

Quote:
This mini-boss will be the end of me. I am struggling more than I should I feel. I have had him down to about 10% health or so many times, and then I do something dumb and die, die and die again

This is guy I am on. Spoiler to block potential spoilers of upcoming mini-boss fights
[Show spoiler]RAGING BULL

I finally beat him! I still had my raging bell on. Turned that off and beat him first try.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:43 PM   #60
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
I finally beat him! I still had my raging bell on. Turned that off and beat him first try.
Awesome. Raging bull? Is that an unlockable?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4