Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Short Circuit 2 (Blu-ray)
$5.99
4 hrs ago
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 day ago
Rita Hayworth: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
2 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60
 
The Golden Child (Blu-ray)
$16.99
12 hrs ago
Runaway Train (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
 
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$33.99
 
Ultraman Taro: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
8 hrs ago
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
1 day ago
Kuffs (Blu-ray)
$16.69
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 06-14-2018, 05:17 AM   #1
x7q3 x7q3 is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2018
Question What do you think phones will be like in the future?

As incredible as phones are now, what do you think they will be like in the future?

Personally, I think all phones in the future will have pinpoint accurate GPS, have face, iris and fingerprint recognition for unlocking the phone and for passwords, and be extremely lightweight. They all may have a thermal camera, too. Solving the limited battery life would be very nice good as well, or finding a way to eliminate the battery altogether and keep the phone on indefinitely.

I have a very good phone... but one thing I still do notice... is the weight. Let's face it, holding your phone does get a little tiring after a while. A phone being as lightweight as possible would be ideal.

How do you see phones in the future? What technologies, forms, etc, do you think they'll have? With my phone, it has eliminated the need for me to buy a GPS, a calculator, a clock, a calendar, a camera, a flashlight, etc. For some people, their phone has even taken the place of their TV's and video game consoles. These people don't even use a TV or console anymore, they just watch shows, movies, and play games on their phone.

Last edited by x7q3; 06-14-2018 at 05:27 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
Sammanta1 Sammanta1 is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2018
Boston
Default

Some people hate societal intermingling. Children are not allowed to mingle with other children. Isolated, they confine themselves at home with a computer. Values deplete. Fraternity is detested. Children grow up as selfish. They are least bothered about the suffering of others. The possibility is that existence itself will be in peril and people are likely to lead the life of savages after forty years. But philanthropic people try to create a value oriented society. So there is reason to be optimistic. I pray , let children like you mingle easily with others and develop a service mentality.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
sk33tr sk33tr is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
sk33tr's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Alabama
21
234
9
109
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7q3 View Post
As incredible as phones are now, what do you think they will be like in the future?

Personally, I think all phones in the future will have pinpoint accurate GPS, have face, iris and fingerprint recognition for unlocking the phone and for passwords, and be extremely lightweight. They all may have a thermal camera, too. Solving the limited battery life would be very nice good as well, or finding a way to eliminate the battery altogether and keep the phone on indefinitely.

I have a very good phone... but one thing I still do notice... is the weight. Let's face it, holding your phone does get a little tiring after a while. A phone being as lightweight as possible would be ideal.

How do you see phones in the future? What technologies, forms, etc, do you think they'll have? With my phone, it has eliminated the need for me to buy a GPS, a calculator, a clock, a calendar, a camera, a flashlight, etc. For some people, their phone has even taken the place of their TV's and video game consoles. These people don't even use a TV or console anymore, they just watch shows, movies, and play games on their phone.
that's something i could never do. phones are way too small for me to do that. i have the galaxy s8+ and it's still too small for watching movies. i got that size because i have larger hands and it just feels better than the next size down. but watching movies? heh, my vision is bad enough as it is. i don't need something like a tiny screen with me squinting at it trying to see what's going on in a movie to make it worse.

i use my phone mainly for phone calls and texts. and the only game i play is solitaire (i'm a simple man, lol). i do use it as a camera if i need to get a quick picture. but if i need something a bit better, i have a dslr for that. the options on it are way above what the phone can provide so i prefer it when i'm taking multiple pictures and i can take my time with them.
i also use my phone as my notepad. i keep my lists on there (grocery, home improvement, etc.) so it's easy to pull them up if i'm in the store and need to check the list real quick. i usually always have a notepad and pen with me, too. but i mainly use that for shop stuff (drawings, sketches, etc.) plus i can pull out the notepad and pen and jot something down quicker than i can get out my phone, unlock it, open the notes app, and type something in (especially with my fat thumbs, lol)

as far as the weight, i really don't notice it. if i'm out and about, it stays in my pocket (cargo pocket since i pretty much exclusively wear cargo shorts/pants). i don't walk around with it in my hands 24/7 like i see some people do.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #4
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
134
381
55
22
48
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
that's something i could never do. phones are way too small for me to do that. i have the galaxy s8+ and it's still too small for watching movies. i got that size because i have larger hands and it just feels better than the next size down. but watching movies? heh, my vision is bad enough as it is. i don't need something like a tiny screen with me squinting at it trying to see what's going on in a movie to make it worse.

i use my phone mainly for phone calls and texts. and the only game i play is solitaire (i'm a simple man, lol). i do use it as a camera if i need to get a quick picture. but if i need something a bit better, i have a dslr for that. the options on it are way above what the phone can provide so i prefer it when i'm taking multiple pictures and i can take my time with them.
i also use my phone as my notepad. i keep my lists on there (grocery, home improvement, etc.) so it's easy to pull them up if i'm in the store and need to check the list real quick. i usually always have a notepad and pen with me, too. but i mainly use that for shop stuff (drawings, sketches, etc.) plus i can pull out the notepad and pen and jot something down quicker than i can get out my phone, unlock it, open the notes app, and type something in (especially with my fat thumbs, lol)

as far as the weight, i really don't notice it. if i'm out and about, it stays in my pocket (cargo pocket since i pretty much exclusively wear cargo shorts/pants). i don't walk around with it in my hands 24/7 like i see some people do.
I stream on my S8 Note when I'm eating in the kitchen. Not ideal but better than nothing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:23 PM   #5
sk33tr sk33tr is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
sk33tr's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Alabama
21
234
9
109
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
I stream on my S8 Note when I'm eating in the kitchen. Not ideal but better than nothing.
i have an ipad that i'd much rather use for something like that. but even then i only use it to facetime with a friend who doesn't have a phone (he only has an ipad with cellular/wifi). other than that, it rarely gets used, lol.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #6
Batman1980 Batman1980 is online now
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
134
381
55
22
48
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

I can stream on my tablet but I prefer to do it on my phone since it's already on. I also stream on it at the gym since it fits on the treadmill and my 2 in 1 does not.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Handhelds, Mobiles, Tablets, Apps etc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:57 PM.